Tafée Bowle

Hey guys,
today my bowle arrived. Sadly it wont turn on by pressing the upper button 3 times, with connected loading cable and without. All it does is giving me some green flashing lights from left to the right side.

If i try to load and connet to the loading cable the blue leds are constantly glowing for like 10 seconds and turn off after.

Something similar happened to anyone?
Any instructions to fix? Anyone know how to reset?

Thanks for helping out and trying to save my weekend :-)

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
Hey guys,
today my bowle arrived. Sadly it wont turn on by pressing the upper button 3 times, with connected loading cable and without. All it does is giving me some green flashing lights from left to the right side.

If i try to load and connet to the loading cable the blue leds are constantly glowing for like 10 seconds and turn off after.

Thanks for helping out and trying to rescue my weekend :-)
Have you tried the reset?
Quickly quintuple-click BOTH buttons simultaneously. If you've done it correctly the puck won't respond to any of the normal button presses. Plug in the cord and charge. Once the lights go off, unplug the cord and replug. If the lights flash twice briefly and go out, you've succeeded. If not, plug in for a bit longer and then retest.

cliffhanger1

Hey guys,

Thanks for helping out and trying to save my weekend :-)
hi german friend ;
Press the heat and temp buttons at the same time 5x fast and it should turn off completely, if you press any buttons it shouldn't be able to turn on. Let it sit for 5mins and then plug it back into the charger, make sure to use the wall adapter and the cable that came with the Bowle kit not just any charger/cable. Once you plug it in it will wake back up and start charging, let it fully charge and you're ready to go.

when you plug it out after full loading and plug it back in the device flashes 2 times with the lights, with that you can see that the reset has works. if not, try again

hope you will get it to work !!!! :( nice weekend ;)

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
does anyone know which type of battery is installed in the bowle?
I would be interested in whether it can be easily changed when you unscrew the device.
of course i won't unscrew it, but i will certainly try when the warranty is over and the battery is dead
Battery: Li-ion Polymer Cells, Output-7.4 750 mAH, Operating life-7000 hours, Service life-12,000 cycles

Can someone assist with the battery reset process?
Here's the complete suggested sequence for battery issues. Some won't apply if the unit won't take a charge:
1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

Bazinga

So, while plugged in to the charger and after the 4 blue lights go out (no lights showing) is the Bowle fully charged?

Bazinga,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
So, while plugged in to the charger and after the 4 blue lights go out (no lights showing) is the Bowle fully charged?
Yes. That is normal operation.

My understanding is ..... In rare cases the unit can get into a false full charge indicator. The way to tell is by exercising sequence #3 in the battery issue sequence. I've tried #3 several times and it didn't need it. To summarize....if you charge the unit and all 4 lights are off you can simply remove the charging cable for a second or two and plug it back in. If plugging it back in causes the 4 lights to go out almost immediately you're truly fully charged. If plugging it back in causes it to charge again for over a couple minutes....then you experienced the 80% anomaly discussed in #3. None of this is needed unless you feel the performance battery wise isn't what it used to be or should be. I've tried #3 several times and haven't had it charge after the reinsertion for more than half a minute.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Wow, here I’ve just been expecting FedEx to drop off a new Bowle - they never did actually send me a tracking number.

I get an email from Tafee today that the unit I sent in passed all their tests and is working perfectly :rofl: :rofl:

Just when I thought my experiences with this vaporizer could not get any more polar opposite from everyone else.

And they even note that even if they wanted to replace it, they have no stock to do so.

We now find ourselves in a perplexing situation as during testing, the device has performed within our benchmarks.
By that we mean the following.

• A six second inhalation at Power Level 1 produced noticeable organic compounds. This produced very visible vapor.
  • Tested up to Power Level 4 the intensity continued to increase quite significantly and a six second inhalation produced significantly more organic compounds as demanded for demanding sessions. This produced heavy and very visible vapor.
During testing we experienced one mid-inhalation cut off at the 3 second mark.
Taking account user error and variance in user calibration, we only begin to consider it an impactful performance issue if it occurs quite frequently and consistently.“

So, it appears my ride with this vaporizer is over. After reading of multiple members here receiving improved performance in their replacement pucks, I honestly didn’t see this one coming.

Vapefanatic

My steel Potter kept having one magnet come off. One time, I put it back the opposite direction. Now, it won't close up lol. Well, it's no biggie since I haven't really used it much. The novelty factor has worn off I guess. My friend seems to be satisfied with it, as in no complaints so far. I do believe this is more suited for beginners and does a great job with it. I still find myself reaching for other heavies more than the Bowle. Its a life saver though when my wife is in the same room and i don't wanna piss her off lol. For some reason, she doesn't smell the Bowle the same way she smells my other heavies. Good enough reason for me to own one. YMMV.

EddIW

Just had my first combustion with the bowle, about .2-25 tamped. Combusted right at the top of the bowl on the third draw @ level 4. 10-15 second draws. Really surprised to be honest. I previously found I've been able to pack as tightly and draw at any speed without fear of combustion with the bowle, so lets hope its a one off. Picture of the bowl emptied. The material is not the issue, its been fine with my vrod.

androponic

vaped.
Well, after last three posts, guess this vape is done

shame, really like it
heres a great idea for cup usage for a photoshoot for the Bowle. lolz a giant graveyard cupcake! RIP.

Halloween-Graveyard-Tombstone-Chocolate-Cupcakes.jpg

cliffhanger1

does someone happen to have a 12 mm screen at hand and can please test whether it fits well into the ceramic pods?

if so, I'll order some, otherwise I'll order 15 mm screens and have to cut them to size

:hmm: I think I'll order a 2nd Bowle today and sell my barely used Milaana 2 for it :clap:

cliffhanger1,

Sn4Pz

does someone happen to have a 12 mm screen at hand and can please test whether it fits well into the ceramic pods?

if so, I'll order some, otherwise I'll order 15 mm screens and have to cut them to size

:hmm: I think I'll order a 2nd Bowle today and sell my barely used Milaana 2 for it :clap:
I think 12mm won't cut it. The lip on the pot is so small that the 1mm difference ( I measured 13mm on mine) would probably result in you knocking out the screen a lot :hmm:

e: Just realized my reply isn't quite what you had asked, but why not just look at what you already have in front of you? :p

E2: I feel like a good performance mod for this device would be to change the screens for a finer mesh... less keify dust falls through, and the forced slower hit can improve clouds (for those of you sucking on this like your life depends on it :rofl: ). I dont know anything about screen mesh sizing but my g43 screens are a finer weave, but maybe it could be taken even finer than that 🤔

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

I think 12mm won't cut it. The lip on the pot is so small that the 1mm difference ( I measured 13mm on mine) would probably result in you knocking out the screen a lot :hmm:

e: Just realized my reply isn't quite what you had asked, but why not just look at what you already have in front of you? :p

E2: I feel like a good performance mod for this device would be to change the screens for a finer mesh... less keify dust falls through, and the forced slower hit can improve clouds (for those of you sucking on this like your life depends on it :rofl: ). I dont know anything about screen mesh sizing but my g43 screens are a finer weave, but maybe it could be taken even finer than that 🤔
a finer screen is a good idea. maybe i will order for example the fine ones from the Mighty and will see how the Bowle extracts then

cliffhanger1,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Djsleepy

Sorry for those having problems, I've have come to enjoy.the cleaner, crisper high especially with my Sativas. It is now one of two daily drivers I use and the only.time its not being used is when I'm charging or sleeping. For me this so far has been a much better experience than I previously had with first.edition vapes!

Last edited:

Smknbud

Just had my first combustion with the bowle, about .2-25 tamped. Combusted right at the top of the bowl on the third draw @ level 4. 10-15 second draws. Really surprised to be honest. I previously found I've been able to pack as tightly and draw at any speed without fear of combustion with the bowle, so lets hope its a one off. Picture of the bowl emptied. The material is not the issue, its been fine with my vrod.
Found this in the full manual:
171461354.jpg

florduh

Wow, here I’ve just been expecting FedEx to drop off a new Bowle - they never did actually send me a tracking number.

I get an email from Tafee today that the unit I sent in passed all their tests and is working perfectly :rofl: :rofl:

Just when I thought my experiences with this vaporizer could not get any more polar opposite from everyone else.

And they even note that even if they wanted to replace it, they have no stock to do so.

We now find ourselves in a perplexing situation as during testing, the device has performed within our benchmarks.
By that we mean the following.

• A six second inhalation at Power Level 1 produced noticeable organic compounds. This produced very visible vapor.
  • Tested up to Power Level 4 the intensity continued to increase quite significantly and a six second inhalation produced significantly more organic compounds as demanded for demanding sessions. This produced heavy and very visible vapor.
During testing we experienced one mid-inhalation cut off at the 3 second mark.
Taking account user error and variance in user calibration, we only begin to consider it an impactful performance issue if it occurs quite frequently and consistently.“

So, it appears my ride with this vaporizer is over. After reading of multiple members here receiving improved performance in their replacement pucks, I honestly didn’t see this one coming.

I'm sorry man. That's some bullshit. As someone with a working unit, it's very clear to me from your ABV pics that your puck isn't functioning. The only time I see that much green is after a single hit on level 1 or 2.

Why isn't Tafeè on this thread? We had to have moved a decent percentage of these things. I sure wouldn't have heard about it otherwise. From what I've seen on Reddit, FC is also heavily referenced.

I feel lucky that I've had zero problems with mine, despite heavy use. In fact, the Bowle is one of 2-3 flower vapes that have made "the cut" for me. I'm getting rid of everything else. It's just so fast and easy, with zero fuckery needed to get big tasty clouds.

I am a little worried about customer service moving forward though. They just should've replaced @invertedisdead's puck. Kinds nuts to me that they didn't.

Top Bottom