Tafée Bowle

west-elec

This means that the user experience is not as easy as depicted. Kitchen ware imho should absorb the odd fall from a less than 1mt high table.
I think you are being a bit hard on the manufacturer because you had some bad luck. The internals aren't packed very tightly from what I remember seeing, and it's already quite bulky. Making extra space inside probably wouldn't make it much less fragile and plenty of my kitchenware might not survive a fall unscathed either. I'm not gonna blame the nutribullet if i step on his lead and he falls on my foot and then starts to pour out smoke "May have actually happened, only name of the product has been changed to protect the innocent (manufacturer)".
Your performance issues were because it wasn't working correctly. If that heater screen isn't sealing properly you will get lack lustre results I'm sure. One thing most would agree, a working bowle is not is lacking punch.
I agree if you do give it another go a local supplier will avoid the customs vandals.

MonkeyTime

So, I've also fallen victim to the puck screen getting pushed out of place. Noticed just how dirty the inside of my stem was where the pot sits and figured, if that's dirty.....sure enough, puck screen/seal was covered with bits.

Remembering others had had an issue, I was careful and just tried to brush across the screen and clean only the silicone, but no, it dislodged the screen. I very carefully pulled it out with tweezers, carefully centered the sensor wire, flattened the screen back out and put it back in. It actually went back in pretty easy, but I don't like this design at all.

Keeping that area clean isn't just about clean and flavor, that seal is needed against the pot to keep the system closed, not being able to clean it is not ideal. This all happened at 5:30am this morning while still home, I'm really glad I wasn't out and about when it occurred.

I'm also not wild about the sensor wire being right there behind a very soft screen, it's just asking to be broken.

All that being said, I'm still loving this thing minus the battery life

Djsleepy

It can compromise the unit performance and the user has no spares or a way to replace it.
I used a 15 mm screen and was simple to do and have ran over 500pots in it with no changes in performance, just use tweezers to guide screen and be careful not to touch heating sensor.

And for those who are new blow out screen area ....do not brush ! blow debris out.

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

How many grams of flower do you guys average between charges?
4 pots a charge.........less than half a gram?
I will let you know shortly, Bowle has landed! On the charger, breathing away.. first impressions are very good. Nicely packaged, the cup looks like a cup.. but the unit itself is badass! Clicking the stem into the puck feels smooth as butter with a satisfying click to indicate connection to user. The finish has a nice texture and the puck sits nice in the hand. Much smaller in person, which is great. Nice long charging cable for use while plugged in, wise choice on Tafee's part. Pots are nice and clean, almost shiny. The included potter + is nice but I prefer metal grinders, will probably pick up the metal version at some point. The little poky/tamper tool is perfect. Very impressed out the box so far, everything just fits nicely together.

The draw restriction feels great, wide and open with a little audible sound, very pleased. Not a fan of restrictive airflow and would've been a return for me if it was restricted. Love the simplicity and location of the two button interface, very convenient placement for the trigger finger.

Just in time too, looks like they're completely sold out on the Tafee site. Knew this would happen and called it way back at the start of the thread.. I remember hearing Jerry saying somewhere that inventory was limited out the gate.

Now for the hard part, which temp should I start on? ..this Forbidden Fruit stanks to high heaven.. dark and purple looking, stinks like fresh tangerines rolled around in a puddle of gas. Guess we start at 1 and end up on 4.. or maybe just start on 4 haha.

"A watched Bowle never charges.." come on hurry up!

I hear by declare this emoji as the unofficial official Bowle emoji - Cheers!
:cheers:

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
1. The vape (ime) can't stand falls from a kitchen table. After it fell once from mine... The puck should have been designed bigger, allowing some hollow space to protect the internals, but that's just my take. What happens with the current design is that a single hit on the ground is 100% capable of misaligning the heater and consequently producing hotspots on the top of the pot while leaving the bottom of it still green....

This means that the user experience is not as easy as depicted. Kitchen ware imho should be capable of absorbing the odd fall from a less than 1mt high table. This vape has more in common to dealing with a relic than kitchen ware ime. Having this device in rotation needs you to pay extreme attention to falls and also to anyone other than you who may press on the heater screen and break your vape permanently. Same thing could happen when storing the vape in a bag, disassembled from the stem but close to it.
Flavor was good, can't ask anything better for heating times but too fragile to be the new mass produced top tier king of the vapes imho.
LOL Ham Hands!

Like an ultra-light aircraft, these were not built to crash and abuse. Do you throw your glass or other vapes off of the counter with such regularity?

I am curious if it is a generational thing? I am in my 30's but perhaps I turned into a old ass person... My kitchenware is not plastic anymore and just about all my kitchenware would break if dropped from a countertop.

Since when are high end vapes expected to be abuse-proof?
You would not throw a Banjo off a countertop! Don't drop your vape!

You cannot treat the Bowle as if it were a Hockey Puck!

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
Tonight I will make an ice cream sundae in my bowlé. :drool: it's time.

The TM and Bowlé along with the VB have blown me out of the water. And I could have those 3 (maybe a lotus for when the power goes out) and be 100% happy for a good long time.
The TM and Bowlé make great companions. I use the TM when I can Vape with a capital V. No shame in the game there.
But if the neighbors can see me, or my wife thinks the neighbors can see me, the Bowlé shuts her up and doesn't feel like a compromise. But unfortunately my high tolerance has this on charge constantly and the battery is proving to be the weak spot.
I'm also a little socially awkward so when I need to go charge the Bowlé it's probably a good time to give people a break from me anyways. :rofl::evil:

cliffhanger1

Edit: ;)
if the bowle works for 4 sessions for me with one battery loading i think i had directly order an 2nd one after two days of using

but 3 session is very very much low :( ok, thats my last words to the battery :bang:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
if the bowle works for 4 sessions for me with one battery loading i think i had directly order an 2nd one after two days of using

but 3 session is very very much low :( ok, thats my last words to the battery :bang:

If it really seems low, you could try the battery reset procedure, but also some people have said that it takes several charges before it settles in? I don't know I thought mine wasn't great at first, but now that I settled in with how I use it, I am pretty satisfied with the battery life to be honest...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Tonight I will make an ice cream sundae in my bowlé. :drool: it's time.

The TM and Bowlé along with the VB have blown me out of the water. And I could have those 3 (maybe a lotus for when the power goes out) and be 100% happy for a good long time.
The TM and Bowlé make great companions. I use the TM when I can Vape with a capital V. No shame in the game there.
But if the neighbors can see me, or my wife thinks the neighbors can see me, the Bowlé shuts her up and doesn't feel like a compromise. But unfortunately my high tolerance has this on charge constantly and the battery is proving to be the weak spot.
I'm also a little socially awkward so when I need to go charge the Bowlé it's probably a good time to give people a break from me anyways. :rofl::evil:

I'm getting more curious by the day and getting eager to get one...would be a nice addition to my collection I think and be pretty different. Extremely satisfied with what I have now so its hard to justify the purchase right now.... BUT I think once they have some new cup options available, maaaybe improve the battery life a little(?) I'll probably jump on it. Would love to see a cup version, preferably insulated but most importantly, with some sort of lid.

Also idk whos idea it was a while back in here, but somebody mentioned "cutting" an LED channel for the existing LEDs and bringing it to the edge of the puck so you could still see the lights with the cup attached. I think thats a great idea.

My last pipe dream request would be to go more for a dial temp control, not sure how I feel about the buttons/presets and stuff on this one.

Just my interested on the fence outsider view

btka

got my tafee bowle today... now charging...

when inspecting the heater area I saw a little plastic peace 1mm long and 0.2mm thick (I guess)... it seems like they did not cut it good, it is located where the screen (mesh) from heater makes conntact with the grey gasket it is a small piece of the plastic gasket which was not cut good... hanging from gasket inside screen... did try to take picture but you can not see it on picture... is this normal?

also to be honest I am not so a fan of plastic in airpath... what is this material?

btka,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
got my tafee bowle today... now charging...

when inspecting the heater area I saw a little plastic peace 1mm long and 0.2mm thick (I guess)... it seems like they did not cut it good, it is located where the screen (mesh) from heater makes conntact with the grey gasket it is a small piece of the plastic gasket which was not cut good... hanging from gasket inside screen... did try to take picture but you can not see it on picture... is this normal?

also to be honest I am not so a fan of plastic in airpath... what is this material?
I don't have anything coming from the area around the inside top of the puck where the gasket, screen and heater reside. Yours doesn't sound normal to me. Maybe you could try to take a pic using a mirror...placing the mirror at the bottom outside of the puck displaying the inside top of the puck and take a pic of the mirror?

I was getting around 18-22 draws per charge day 1 through 3 and after a couple weeks I did a new count and got 27 draws. It can take upwards of three days or more for new batteries to condition - 18 draws per charge day 1, 22 draws per charge day 3. It takes me 4 good draws to get a buzz so I get around 6.75 sessions/highs per charge which is enough to carry me from dinner to bedtime. If I use the Bowle during the day I usually charge it a second time before the evening festivities start.

It's hard for me to gauge performance by number of bowls because the herb can skew the result as can how the pot is packed and what type of grind is being used. Counting a strain that is more sticky will give me several extra draws per bowl too. Number of draws isn't an exact science either since some folks start and end at level 4 and can cache out a pot in 4 draws while others will start at level 1 and temp step which will give them many more draws than the person starting at level 4.

If you want to match up I'd be happy to do a full charge and do what you are doing and see how we line up but we'll have to synch our session styles.

Vapefanatic

I'm thinking it's normal. I only get 4 bowls with a full fresh charge, and if I go through all 4 bowls right away. If I spread the bowls across a day or two, I only get 3 bowls. This tells me that the battery discharges itself rather quickly.

ChooChooCharlie

What you give up through diligent charging, you gain back with unmatched instant relief

but, if away from outlet, consider a power bank with quick charge 3.0 output
Bowle-charging-wit-power-bank.jpg

Last edited:

cliffhanger1

does anyone know which type of battery is installed in the bowle?
I would be interested in whether it can be easily changed when you unscrew the device.
of course i won't unscrew it, but i will certainly try when the warranty is over and the battery is dead

Edit:
today i looked how long my akku is loading. 90 min not 45 like it is saying :( i think i must reset the akku

Last edited:
cliffhanger1,
Reactions: dimmusp

justcametomind

Since when are high end vapes expected to be abuse-proof?
First we should agree on the definition of abuse, I only implied the odd fall from user ham hands or from a table.
For plugins, having it dropped from a table is not recommended but Volcano is quite sturdy and (sort of) shock proof since 1999, speaking portables at least since the Minivap was around, was it 2014?
I dropped mine countless times from my bed or higher, same thing for Mighty and Crafty. Since cannabis and vapes are aimed also at people with dexterity issues, I explained what happened to me, so that people who are interested reading and may suffer from dexterity issues, can take it into account.

Bowle features a specially designed micro-dispensing loading system called Potter™, which makes it easier to use for people with limited dexterity. It features instant on-demand vapor production with a heat-up time of approximately 1 second, as well as 100% convection and a fully insulated vapor path. Bowle is fully charged in 45 minutes via the micro USB fast charge port (USB 3.0). The battery with 750mAh manages approximately 3-5 chambers. Bowle measures 9mm x 79mm x 152mm with its dynamic modular drinking vessel for cold and hot drinks with a capacity of 470ml or 250ml in the smaller version.

The vape is marketed from their EU reseller to pleople with dexterity issues as "user friendly" because of pots & potter. Imho it's not the safe vape to use if you have dexterity issues, it may be easy to load pots, if you are fine leaving a whole lot of ground weed on top of the grinder's plate, but then it's kaputt if it falls on the ground just once.
The odd fall can happen to anyone.

Last edited:

Sn4Pz

I don't understand the need for their quick charge claim on the charger :hmm:

I get that there's increased efficiency... but in regards to what? The amount in which it charges in a specific time? Heat?

Didn't Bud take this vape apart, only to find a 750mah battery? If it takes an hour and change to charge doesn't that mean it's actually charging at less than (slightly less than) 1 amp?

I feel like I'm missing something... (e: maybe its the voltage of the cell? Maybe its not a single 4.2v cell and instead something different) 🤔

To be clear I'm not trying to take a dump on the Bowle, I just don't get it.

Can someone assist with the battery reset process?
I just mash both buttons 5 to 10 times at the same time until it wont turn on anymore. That means its ready to be reset via the charger. @DryBonesufo

jbm

Can someone assist with the battery reset process?
Quickly quintuple-click BOTH buttons simultaneously. If you've done it correctly the puck won't respond to any of the normal button presses. Plug in the cord and charge. Once the lights go off, unplug the cord and replug. If the lights flash twice briefly and go out, you've succeeded. If not, plug in for a bit longer and then retest.

Top Bottom