Tafée Bowle

Djsleepy

I got this email in response to the aluminum dust thing:

"
Thank you for your email.

We can put your mind at ease.

Our comment is there is no risk of inhaling aluminum inside the vapor path of Bowle.

If used correctly as directed, the Ceramic Pot should never come in contact with the ball that holds the stem firmly in place. In proper operation the lips of the Ceramic Pot entirely forms a complete seal against the silicone gasket inside of the stem slot of the Puck Base Unit for a completely isolated airway.

It is highly unlikely to have any aluminum or finishing which adheres to the ball somehow get into your Ceramic Pot.

In the event your Ceramic Pot comes in contact with the ball that secures the Stem firmly, you should rest assured knowing Ceramic Zirconia has natural pencil attributes with metals, so marks left behind should cause no alarm.

Similar to the scuff marks left on Ceramic dishware from cutlery, the Ceramic Pot can and will display scuff marks.

The area around the top of the stem base and stem slot in Bowle will show signs of use over time due to friction, and we have built in tolerance for this.

However, as a first generation release we are committed to continue to work towards improving Bowle as we listen to our users feedback.

We plan to offer free upgrades for the Stem as solution when updates become available if you have concerns using Bowle in the long term.

"

But also, on the same day, I decided to clean my stem because I got a new strain. When I jabbed my Qtip into the base of the stem I got a few reflective flakes, as well it turning my qtip kind of grey :( (This was after having soaked the stem for 3 to 4 hours and shaking vigorously frequently with salt and iso... No amber resin/vape reclaim color, just gray :shrug: ) . I dont think its my stir tool like others have mentioned... it would be dull or a nub by now but its still so sharp I could draw blood with it lol.

I loved my bowle, and I'm glad they will support first-gen users with the stem upgrades, but I still felt like I should share :hmm:
Thanks for the share, it’s reassuring to most of us but I know a few are still concerned, imo I would document via pictures what you are getting on pots, qtips, whatever...with as much detail as possible. Then forward to Bruno at Tafee.

on another note ....man I have been Zenning my lungs on level one lately and coating them with nothing but sweet flavor that lingers in your mouth and nose. Love my Bowle!

Sn4Pz

Thanks for the share, it’s reassuring to most of us but I know a few are still concerned, imo I would document via pictures what you are getting on pots, qtips, whatever...with as much detail as possible. Then forward to Bruno at Tafee.

on another note ....man I have been Zenning my lungs on level one lately and coating them with nothing but sweet flavor that lingers in your mouth and nose. Love my Bowle!
I have been, they actually offered me a refund and I took the steps to initiate it. Waiting to hear back now, but I have hope for my return / future customers. More than I did to start with thats for sure 😆

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The 3/4 " silicone tube will fit the stem, but the curvature of the stem requires an assist to close the gap between tube and stem. I used a cable strap and something roundish to draw silicone to stem (to avoid having to use a hand to close gap and a hand to push the button). The unclosed gap however, acts as a carburator. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
TB-STEM.jpg

Last edited:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I like the different approach of the Tafée Bowle. I imagine it would be nice to have around non vaping/smoking people.
I would go for a glass cup anyday. I somewhere saw a cup with a handle and thought oh no its not suited for left-handers. I hope left-handers don't get forgotten.

Now I also wonder what happens to the load in the bowl, when you drink and hold the cup upside down to get the last drop.
Does the ground weed (or abv maybe) fall out of the bowl, or is it kept in place somehow?
I hope this is a valid question and I have not just missed an integral part of the concept.

staircase slight of hand

Does the ground weed (or abv maybe) fall out of the bowl, or is it kept in place somehow?
The bowl seals directly to the heater-port, so there are screens on both sides. I don’t really envision the weed moving at all, though, unless it’s (a.) packed super-loose, and (b.) you haven’t taken your first hit yet.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The 3/4 " silicone tube will fit the stem, but the curvature of the stem requires an assist to close the gap between tube and stem. I used a cable strap and something roundish to draw silicone to stem (to avoid having to use a hand to close gap and a hand to push the button). The unclosed gap however, acts as a carburator. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
View attachment 6250
Pics in action? Would love to see 'what's cooking'.

The Bowle cools the vapor so well that it can hide when I should stop drawing so I end up with an occasional coughing fit. If I wait for my lungs to tell me it's time to stop it can already be too late. This is why I'm so interested in a visual reference via a bubbler. Adding a little moisture to the pure convection vapor would also be nice.

Was actually thinking about this again last night. I had just temp stepped to level 2. I wasn't paying attention and was drawing like I was still on level 1 when I felt a tickle in my throat. Uh-oh..... When I feel that tickle it can be too late to avoid a coughing fit and this one was a bad one. I think most of us know the feeling of having to make a choice between an immediate vapor release that's gonna burn or trying to keep it in and hope time will condition the hit. I couldn't hold it and tried to release the vapor in a controlled manner....NOPE! FEEL THE BURN! EYES WATERING, COUGHING AND AS MUCH AS I HATE TO ADMIT IT.....SNOT BUBBLES! It was one of those clouds that any vape video would have been proud of.

Owning a vape that can take me out like that is a first class problem.....If using the Bowle dry can produce a result like that I'm real curious about how big a hit I could take if it was conditioned by a bubbler and I could see it before it's too late.

Never thought I'd find a vape that I could say was too cool and is too cool :lol:

MonkeyTime

So the honeymoon begins!

Got my TB last night and decided with this one, because I keep hearing how easy it is and there's no learning curve, not to watch all the videos before hand.......

First bowl started a bit slow, I forgot to tamp it down a bit, it makes a big difference! After the tamping....the reports are true, this thing rocks! :rockon:

Signature is different, but somehow familiar to my QPC MV, maybe not quite as smooth, but very close. Hits were full, flavorful and gotta love the instant heat up!

I loved the idea of the cup from the moment I saw it. Nights like last night were pictured, with the summertime not far behind. Me and my lady, sitting by the fire playing cribbage or backgammon with my vape, a glass of water and a drink. No drink last night as I wanted to pay attention to how it was hitting.... and do you know how many times I put my vape filled with water down, just to turn around and look for my glass where I usually put it to keep it out of the way!

Love the vapor, kinda like the form factor, I'm guessing it'll grow on me, but.....

Ok, if you're going to sell it as a functional cup, putting both the lights and charging port below the cup goes against using it as a cup, especially with the battery life! Yes, putting the charging port below the cup makes sense from the logical charging with water perspective, but, it's a cup too. Unless you intend I pour out my water when I'm done vaping and back when I begin again, which is silly. I tried the cup without the puck, don't like it, I don't like or use plastic to drink from, but can make exceptions like I would for this one.

Battery is a disappointment at this point, hoping I see the little bump after a few charging cycles. At this price point, I expect more usage from a charge. If there won't be a battery add-on, I'm guessing I'll end up owning more than one so I can keep on charged. Disappointed, but I can live with that.

Next part is a minor gripe, but there. I know it's a young company, I know they probably weren't expecting a huge early demand and probably don't have the cash flow to have stock sitting early, but when you launch a device that uses proprietary parts, get some available early!

Speaking of, I'm very excited to see where this thing all goes, there are so many possibilities! I'm down for glass or ceramic, add on battery, wireless charging, even if it means a add on to the puck or a new unit (plastic bottom wont be an issue for me). Looking at how the stem is assembled, I see a lot of opportunities for something like a HT adapter.........

I did try the plastic grinder into the 4 pots (still want to call them crucibles for some reason) and it was about what I expected, in the dry winter air, a lot stuck to the grinder with static, but it did ok. I'll be trying different BCG grinds and expect the med or fine will be my choice. The only one I've found to prefer the coarse grind with is the VB.

I'll be watching the vids soon trying to dial this thing in and get the most from it. I've got more to say, but will let this thing grow on me and see how I feel in a week or two.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Pics in action? Would love to see 'what's cooking'.

The Bowle cools the vapor so well that it can hide when I should stop drawing so I end up with an occasional coughing fit. If I wait for my lungs to tell me it's time to stop it can already be too late. This is why I'm so interested in a visual reference via a bubbler. Adding a little moisture to the pure convection vapor would also be nice.

Was actually thinking about this again last night. I had just temp stepped to level 2. I wasn't paying attention and was drawing like I was still on level 1 when I felt a tickle in my throat. Uh-oh..... When I feel that tickle it can be too late to avoid a coughing fit and this one was a bad one. I think most of us know the feeling of having to make a choice between an immediate vapor release that's gonna burn or trying to keep it in and hope time will condition the hit. I couldn't hold it and tried to release the vapor in a controlled manner....NOPE! FEEL THE BURN! EYES WATERING, COUGHING AND AS MUCH AS I HATE TO ADMIT IT.....SNOT BUBBLES! It was one of those clouds that any vape video would have been proud of.

Owning a vape that can take me out like that is a first class problem.....If using the Bowle dry can produce a result like that I'm real curious about how big a hit I could take if it was conditioned by a bubbler and I could see it before it's too late.

Never thought I'd find a vape that I could say was too cool and is too cool :lol:

SNOT BUBBLES!

That’s the true test.... :)

west-elec

I like the different approach of the Tafée Bowle. I imagine it would be nice to have around non vaping/smoking people.
I would go for a glass cup anyday. I somewhere saw a cup with a handle and thought oh no its not suited for left-handers. I hope left-handers don't get forgotten.

Now I also wonder what happens to the load in the bowl, when you drink and hold the cup upside down to get the last drop.
I hope this is a valid question and I have not just missed an integral part of the concept.
The handles you have seen are prototypes for testing, not yet available, but they clip onto the side of the standard cup so you can put them wherever suits.
When the stem is fitted the top of the ceramic pots is up against the bottom of the heater screen, so held neatly in place.
A lot of people waiting on glassware but it will be heavy and so breakable, the way it slides over the base...I am imagining a dropped puck with a full glass on top, gonna be a bad ending.

cliffhanger1

got my Bowle yesterday too.

my first impressions..
wow, i never had a vapo with sooo cool steam... (but for me is warmer no problem ;) )
the ABV is very dark...i only use the highest temperature range.

the battery life is not good, very disappointing at the price, as the previous one said.
but ok because it is not my big love vapo... (but near to it ;) )

but it is an 2th big love ;) for now, i love it too... i will see how it is to clean, but i think not so easy like the hopper

i will see what i will say in one week ;) maybe a second one must be there.. lol only fun ;)
the steam is for me very very clear, cool and like really medical

for me it were good if it gave to buy a separate replacement stem

happy vaping :sherlock:

Edit:
the device makes a high-quality impression of the material

Edit2:
i have the impression after only 2 days that the same herbs have a more activating effect with the bowle for me and something more stoned with the hopper, for example. i must look more after it

Last edited:

Toivarita

999 Forever
I got this email in response to the aluminum dust thing:

"
Thank you for your email.

We can put your mind at ease.

Our comment is there is no risk of inhaling aluminum inside the vapor path of Bowle.

If used correctly as directed, the Ceramic Pot should never come in contact with the ball that holds the stem firmly in place. In proper operation the lips of the Ceramic Pot entirely forms a complete seal against the silicone gasket inside of the stem slot of the Puck Base Unit for a completely isolated airway.

It is highly unlikely to have any aluminum or finishing which adheres to the ball somehow get into your Ceramic Pot.

In the event your Ceramic Pot comes in contact with the ball that secures the Stem firmly, you should rest assured knowing Ceramic Zirconia has natural pencil attributes with metals, so marks left behind should cause no alarm.

Similar to the scuff marks left on Ceramic dishware from cutlery, the Ceramic Pot can and will display scuff marks.

The area around the top of the stem base and stem slot in Bowle will show signs of use over time due to friction, and we have built in tolerance for this.

However, as a first generation release we are committed to continue to work towards improving Bowle as we listen to our users feedback.

We plan to offer free upgrades for the Stem as solution when updates become available if you have concerns using Bowle in the long term.

"

But also, on the same day, I decided to clean my stem because I got a new strain. When I jabbed my Qtip into the base of the stem I got a few reflective flakes, as well it turning my qtip kind of grey :( (This was after having soaked the stem for 3 to 4 hours and shaking vigorously frequently with salt and iso... No amber resin/vape reclaim color, just gray :shrug: ) . I dont think its my stir tool like others have mentioned... it would be dull or a nub by now but its still so sharp I could draw blood with it lol.

I loved my bowle, and I'm glad they will support first-gen users with the stem upgrades, but I still felt like I should share :hmm:
Thanks for this post. Your result from cleaning is alarming. An abrasive like salt shouldn’t impact a high grade finish of this stem and they do instruct us to use iso. when cleaning, correct? I still feel comfortable with my stem but will definitely be wanting a new and improved stem for us first gen users. I haven’t cleaned my stem and do not plan to unless it’s impacting it’s performance. Has anyone had their stem get so dirty that its impacting the vape negatively.

Sn4Pz

Has anyone had their stem get so dirty that its impacting the vape negatively.
Yes, mine was.

I found that when I stirred the pot with it in the stem it would significantly increase buildup of keif like material at the bottom of the stem. This material would stick to the resin-y internals and basically become ultra vaped over time. Got kinda yucky tasting / the airflow felt lessened, so I cleaned it.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thanks for this post. Your result from cleaning is alarming. An abrasive like salt shouldn’t impact a high grade finish of this stem and they do instruct us to use iso. when cleaning, correct? I still feel comfortable with my stem but will definitely be wanting a new and improved stem for us first gen users. I haven’t cleaned my stem and do not plan to unless it’s impacting it’s performance. Has anyone had their stem get so dirty that its impacting the vape negatively.
I'm about as lazy a vape user as you're going to find when it comes to cleaning. I didn't do a deep clean till I had the Bowle for well over a month as my daily driver. There were times I thought it might need a clean by judging draw restriction but it turned out to be sticky herb getting together at the base of the pot.

I think the two areas to keep an eye on are the pots (and pot screens) and the mouthpieces. My stem gets dirty but it's more of a smell thing and visible reclaim thing. I imagine the top screen in the puck will eventually get dirty enough to require cleaning but since the air is drawn down through it it may take awhile.

Toivarita

999 Forever
While I’m thinking of it. When I first got my device, I saw seeing the posts about the scratch in the stem that people are talking about. In my first or second session (filling all the pots, vaping them, and then recharging the puck), I rubbed my finger on the “ball” inside the puck. When looking at my Finger, there was some flakes on my finger that were a grey color, I think Thinking back I’m pretty sure I remember this correctly but this Bowle hits hard so it doesn’t give me the best memory at the time. I have rubbed my finger on the ball multiple times since then and have never seen any more flakes, dust or residue. Just wanted to share that.
Everyone should try giving their balls a wipe :lol:

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
The handles you have seen are prototypes for testing, not yet available, but they clip onto the side of the standard cup so you can put them wherever suits.
When the stem is fitted the top of the ceramic pots is up against the bottom of the heater screen, so held neatly in place.
A lot of people waiting on glassware but it will be heavy and so breakable, the way it slides over the base...I am imagining a dropped puck with a full glass on top, gonna be a bad ending.
Thank you. Clears things up for me. The glass version would be one-drop only :lol:

Edit:
The bowl seals directly to the heater-port, so there are screens on both sides. I don’t really envision the weed moving at all, though, unless it’s (a.) packed super-loose, and (b.) you haven’t taken your first hit yet.
Thanks too. even more detailed. I perfectly get it.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm about as lazy a vape user as you're going to find when it comes to cleaning. I didn't do a deep clean till I had the Bowle for well over a month as my daily driver. There were times I thought it might need a clean by judging draw restriction but it turned out to be sticky herb getting together at the base of the pot.

I think the two areas to keep an eye on are the pots (and pot screens) and the mouthpieces. My stem gets dirty but it's more of a smell thing and visible reclaim thing. I imagine the top screen in the puck will eventually get dirty enough to require cleaning but since the air is drawn down through it it may take awhile.

Yeah I only really clean the stem when I want the purest flavor back again, and it takes many rounds to get that bad, unless I really overcook, which I generally try not to anyway... I've cleaned my stem a total of three times now I believe? In a little over two months of ownership... Still just using one chamber pot until the screen is too clogged, then using another one until that is too clogged, and only had to clean them thrice as well. Pretty much using my Bowle everyday, but to varying degrees, since I do have plenty of other vapes to rotate with!

Ripstar

Yeah I only really clean the stem when I want the purest flavor back again, and it takes many rounds to get that bad, unless I really overcook, which I generally try not to anyway... I've cleaned my stem a total of three times now I believe? In a little over two months of ownership... Still just using one chamber pot until the screen is too clogged, then using another one until that is too clogged, and only had to clean them thrice as well. Pretty much using my Bowle everyday, but to varying degrees, since I do have plenty of other vapes to rotate with!
Exact same for me. I have had it for almost 3 months and have cleaned it 3 times. The screens seem to get clogged faster with a finer grind, so, sometimes I soak them when I can. Otherwise, there are not many pieces to this device, which is a fricking dream for someone who hates cleaning daily (ME 😂 ).

cliffhanger1

I am really very satisfied so far with the vape experience and the vape quality of the Bowle.
but unfortunately I only get exactly 3 sessions with my vaping habits with one battery charge :( but at the highest temperature.

(That is the same duration that a hopper battery had for me at the beginning, 3 sessions. only with the hopper you can change quickly. However, after 1/2 year my power decreased by 1/3 with the GHB3).

However Otherwise the Bowle is a great device, only a replaceable battery is missing. The low battery capacity combined with the high price prevents me from ordering a second one in the near future i think

justcametomind

I had hotspots with my first puck and they shipped me a second one. They were also so kind to send me a new stem since I stripped the screw on mine and was unable to open it.
The package was inspected by customs, they probably messed with the puck screen. I don't know what happened but when I opened the box the screen protecting the heating element had been pushed down and partially taken out from its position.
How can Bowle offer customer service with such hostile customs in between they said? And it's perfectly understandable.
They offered me to keep the pucks as they are or sending both back for full refund. I chose the latter and maybe I'll get a new unit from verdampnochtmal.de
But I think I'll wait. I liked the on demand hits but they seemed a lot moreish and lacking punch, it may be because of convection as someone stated, but most important what I didn't like at all were the two design flaws I experienced.
1. The vape (ime) can't stand falls from a kitchen table. After it fell once from mine, it started to hotspot. The puck should have been designed bigger, allowing some hollow space to protect the internals, but that's just my take. What happens with the current design is that a single hit on the ground is 100% capable of misaligning the heater and consequently producing hotspots on the top of the pot while leaving the bottom of it still green. Maybe the same thing could happen with a bigger, hollow puck but I didn't get I had to pay the same attention as if Bowle was a Herborizer.
2. The screen on top of the heating element should be easily removable or the whole thing should be designed differently. It can compromise the unit performance and the user has no spares or a way to replace it.

This means that the user experience is not as easy as depicted. Kitchen ware imho should be capable of absorbing the odd fall from a less than 1mt high table. This vape has more in common to dealing with a relic than kitchen ware ime. Having this device in rotation needs you to pay extreme attention to falls and also to anyone other than you who may press on the heater screen and break your vape permanently. Same thing could happen when storing the vape in a bag, disassembled from the stem but close to it.
Flavor was good, can't ask anything better for heating times but too fragile to be the new mass produced top tier king of the vapes imho.

Last edited:
Top Bottom