Tafée Bowle

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
That is the first report I've seen like that Kaptan... I have seen others say the heater cuts off if they change their draw speed, but yours is the first report I have seen where someone's unit remains on.

Just one thing comes to mind, is there any chance your button is sticking and staying on when you press it, effectively putting you in "on-demand" mode?

Vitolo

Vaporist
start my draw on the green LED, stop drawing, and the heater and green LED remain on
I have experienced it a couple of times.
The second time I was quick enough to inhale and see that while green light is engaged the heater is definitely on, as I got a great "no button" hit.
It is a cycling/function detail, hard to duplicate on request.
It has not repeated itself after those 2 isolated occurrences.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Has anyone noticed the breath sensor not disengaging the heater after you finish your draw? It has been happening more frequently on my unit. I push the button, start my draw on the green LED, stop drawing, and the heater and green LED remain on for about 8-10 seconds unless I power off with the 3 button press. I have tried quickly drawing again while it’s still green, but it seems the heater ramps up the temp and the taste is 🤮.
When manually pressing the button it works normally, might be an issue with my sensor?
I haven't noticed the unit staying green after I'm done drawing. I'll keep an eye out though.

Kaptan

@Kaptan send support an email from website they will take good care of you!
I had sent support an email after posting here and they advised to perform a device reset, which did seem to work for the first bowle, but the issue seems to have reappeared again on the second one. For now I am just going to manually press the button to activate the heater.
Tafée customer support is really on their A-game. I think I had a response from them within 2 hours.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I had sent support an email after posting here and they advised to perform a device reset, which did seem to work for the first bowle, but the issue seems to have reappeared again on the second one. For now I am just going to manually press the button to activate the heater.
Tafée customer support is really on their A-game. I think I had a response from them within 2 hours.

What you describe has happened to me, like if I used that feature and stop drawing it doesn't shut off right away, which is why I do not use that feature much if I'm not planning to take a full 20-something-second hit... I don't think it stays on for 8 to 10 seconds like you said with yours though, more like 3 or 5 seconds max... Sometimes I can also use that feature effectively, if I drastically alter my draw on purpose, that way I can properly clear a hit like I can when using by holding the button down, as I most often do.

kiddvudu2

What's up everyone? I am 5 pots pots in on my brand new 400mL complete kit that is 2 days old! Love it so far! I'm still on the first full charge, 5 pots in, still 2 lights of battery showing. Haven't used #4 heat setting yet tho, mostly 2, some 1, and some 3. Perfect extraction, excellent flavor. Truly getting better by the day!

I'm trying to read the whole thread, but am only up to page 26 as of right now. I've also read just a small, scattered, handful of the most recent few days, so forgive me if I'm repeating stuff. I will endeavor to read the thread in it's entirety for the wealth of knowledge on this device. I recognize some familiar names from the MV1 thread, and value your opinions greatly.

So, I think this may be in discussion right now, but my first 3 attempts at draws (immediately after initial full charge) went like this:

1) Click fire button and release...green lights, start draw...5-8 seconds and lights go back to pulsing temp selection.
2) Click/hold fire button...green lights, start draw...5-8 seconds and lights go back to pulsing temp selection.
3) Click/hold fire button...green lights, start MORE INTENSE draw... and lights remained green for noticeably longer, but I think I changed draw speed and it went back to battery status on me prematurely.

This was still enough to give me some effects tho, so I let it soak in (which it did very nicely) while I reached out to a forum buddy for advice. Since then, I have been drawing with more intensity than is my preference, but not intolerable, and haven't had the issue occur again until today (4 pots later). I've been intentionally drawing harder than I want to see if I could identify the problem. The first draw on my 5th pot I used a slower draw and it happened again for just the first draw. Intentionally, I picked up the intensity a little for last 2 draws and they were fine. So, I dunno if this is still being discussed, or of an explanation has already been identified, but...there's that. lol. If it happens that I just need to draw harder, I'll gladly do so for long list of things I REALLY like about this giddyup!

My other question to you all is regarding the smell. This thing is awesome enough to where I really want to use the cup more than I can actually pull off in house due to the odor. I do 98% of my vaping in the garage just b/c of the smell. I'm not trying to hide it as much as be thoughtful the family who don't partake. But I'd definitely use this thing (the cup part with a ready2rock pot and stem) in the house if I could minimize that smell, has anybody come up with anything for that yet? Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible by comparison to some of my other vapes, but noticeable enough that I'm currently putting everything except the cup in my drybox of goodness after each session.

Here are some pics of what I want to use my cup for in the house! First one is just to show off the yummy local beer I'm enjoying now, but the 2nd one is how I like it best. With a foam coozy in there so it fits in nice and snug and also probably help keep it colder!

Attachments

• PXL_20210127_213853142 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20210127_213853142 - Copy.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20210127_212404250 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20210127_212404250 - Copy.jpg
    845 KB · Views: 35

Djsleepy

What's up everyone? I am 5 pots pots in on my brand new 400mL complete kit that is 2 days old! Love it so far! I'm still on the first full charge, 5 pots in, still 2 lights of battery showing. Haven't used #4 heat setting yet tho, mostly 2, some 1, and some 3. Perfect extraction, excellent flavor. Truly getting better by the day!

I'm trying to read the whole thread, but am only up to page 26 as of right now. I've also read just a small, scattered, handful of the most recent few days, so forgive me if I'm repeating stuff. I will endeavor to read the thread in it's entirety for the wealth of knowledge on this device. I recognize some familiar names from the MV1 thread, and value your opinions greatly.

So, I think this may be in discussion right now, but my first 3 attempts at draws (immediately after initial full charge) went like this:

1) Click fire button and release...green lights, start draw...5-8 seconds and lights go back to pulsing temp selection.
2) Click/hold fire button...green lights, start draw...5-8 seconds and lights go back to pulsing temp selection.
3) Click/hold fire button...green lights, start MORE INTENSE draw... and lights remained green for noticeably longer, but I think I changed draw speed and it went back to battery status on me prematurely.

This was still enough to give me some effects tho, so I let it soak in (which it did very nicely) while I reached out to a forum buddy for advice. Since then, I have been drawing with more intensity than is my preference, but not intolerable, and haven't had the issue occur again until today (4 pots later). I've been intentionally drawing harder than I want to see if I could identify the problem. The first draw on my 5th pot I used a slower draw and it happened again for just the first draw. Intentionally, I picked up the intensity a little for last 2 draws and they were fine. So, I dunno if this is still being discussed, or of an explanation has already been identified, but...there's that. lol. If it happens that I just need to draw harder, I'll gladly do so for long list of things I REALLY like about this giddyup!

My other question to you all is regarding the smell. This thing is awesome enough to where I really want to use the cup more than I can actually pull off in house due to the odor. I do 98% of my vaping in the garage just b/c of the smell. I'm not trying to hide it as much as be thoughtful the family who don't partake. But I'd definitely use this thing (the cup part with a ready2rock pot and stem) in the house if I could minimize that smell, has anybody come up with anything for that yet? Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible by comparison to some of my other vapes, but noticeable enough that I'm currently putting everything except the cup in my drybox of goodness after each session.

Here are some pics of what I want to use my cup for in the house! First one is just to show off the yummy local beer I'm enjoying now, but the 2nd one is how I like it best. With a foam coozy in there so it fits in nice and snug and also probably help keep it colder!
So glad you’re enjoying it buddy!

His_Highness

My other question to you all is regarding the smell.
My unit works consistently by doing your #1 sequence except it sounds like your Bowle is changing to the blue blinking lights before you stop drawing where mine stays green till I stop. There have been some reports of the Bowle changing from green to blue before the person stops drawing but the reports are mostly about infrequent occurrences that are hard to reproduce. Mine for example does this once in a blue moon and I'm still looking for a pattern but since it happens so rarely it's a tough find. If yours is changing constantly to blue before you finish the draw it sounds like a job for customer service.

The smell - it's about the same as all my vapes and I can't think of a way to reduce the smell when using the Bowle naturally without drawing more attention.

kiddvudu2

Well, good news is, I finished 6th pot and still 2 battery lights left.. Bad news, first 5 draw attempts were green->premature blue. I tried click-release first (I prefer it), then click/hold, then change temp from 1 to 2 click-hold, click-release, and it finally stayed on when I did click-hold. I took 3 more draws during this session without issue... Still digging thru past pages, but gonna take a break and enjoy what's hitting me right now with a dip in the hot tub. Beautiful 24 degree night with snow on the ground here in Michigan - I see U over there @Zoticus! What's up brother?

Peese!

Alexis

Hey guys. I'm really potentially interested in maybe giving this one a go.

You have all been selling it SO SO well, just like the Vapbong.

I need to actually check out the finer details first now.

Maybe not imminently. Took insane Pure Dutch LSD dose Sunday/Monday- genuine 1875 micrograms.

Plus 750ug more today.

I am a nutjob lol! :nod: :)

Edit- just for reference, for any who Micrograms here have little significance....original 60's microdots were 250-300 ug.

So 2625ug in just a few days is farily insane lol.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@kiddvudu2 How cold is it in your garage? Mine has been down to 7°C/45°F as of late l and if I leave my puck in there it can automatically kick me out of a draw more easily until it warms up. Using it in the cold isn't an issue though, just storage. Outside would be another story as we hit nearly -30°C/-22°F. Any battery in the cold isn't great but I think the high drain on the Bowle may make it more temperamental to cold temperatures unless it stays warms.

The Bowle is slowly becoming my new daily driver. It's just too convenient. As long as it's charged, why wouldn't I reach for this vape? It simply performs in every meaningful aspect. Crazy how much people are sleeping on this one (outside of FC). :ninja:

Edit: Random thought - I wonder if we will see different colors at some point, a la Minivap? Could be fun!

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

@kiddvudu2 How cold is it in your garage? Mine has been down to 7°C/45°F as of late l and if I leave my puck in there it can automatically kick me out of a draw more easily until it warms up. Using it in the cold isn't an issue though, just storage. Outside would be another story as we hit nearly -30°C/-22°F. Any battery in the cold isn't great but I think the high drain on the Bowle may make it more temperamental to cold temperatures unless it stays warms.
Well, I actually store the bowle inside the house. I just take it out to the garage when it's time for a session. However, I forgot that when I experienced it happen the first time I immediately shot an email to support (thanks to the info in this thread) and they recommended I try to do the reset procedure and I never did that. So, I just did it now and am waiting for the 1 hour to pass so I can start testing again. Thanks for the response tho! Wish me luck!

Peese!

I have had my Bowle for just about 2 weeks now. Seems longer than that lol! I am super impressed and very happy I bought it. I ordered the tall w/drinkware and received the metal potter with artwork on the lid, the plastic potter+ and 9 ceramic pots. This is my 1st flower vape so I can't extol the virtues of it being my "daily driver". Well, maybe I can. I have two 510 pens and a few of the pre-filled oil carts bought at disp. Yuck! I ONLY reach for those if I am out and about and want to medicate as the Bowle is not what I would consider portable. Those oil vapes make my lungs sore and give me headaches. The Bowle gives me almost everything I was hoping for. Super easy to use. Instant on. Easy draw. Smooth, cool hits. Zero harshness on my throat. No sore lungs or headaches. Very intense high even with micro dosing. So much that I had to buy some straight CBD to cut my stuff with. Nice, robust materials and sophisticated design. I LOVE the metal Potter. The plastic one, not so much. I guess the magnet is too weak as when I pick it up it comes apart and I have spilled the pots once.

What I am not real happy about is the taste I was hoping to be nice and terpy really isn't imo. I read this whole thread and several have said how delicious it is on temp 2. I get one decent tasting draw but after that it all tastes just kind of toasty. Maybe my herb just isn't as good lol. But its still MILES better tasting than the oil pens. And so much stronger!!! I have to be careful with this thing I. I could hit the oil pen and go out and function. Vaping from the Bowle gets me so high I wouldn't want to drive. I do temp step. Was starting on 2 for 3 draws, then stir and go to 3 for a couple. Finish on 4. Last night I tried a few fresh hits on temp 1. I was surprised at the amount and density of vapor I got. The Bowle is SO EFFICIENT! I can see saving a LOT of money at the dispensary.

I haven't used the cup. I mainly bought it because I wanted the metal Potter. I have experienced the green light turning to blue while drawing twice. The usb is a little difficult to get into the port sometimes. Yesterday I had it plugged in but it wasn't charging. Had to unplug and plug back in a few times to get it to work. And finally, I thought the manual suggests cleaning the stem after 6-8 weeks but mine kind of stinks already after just under 2 weeks. I don't even use it every day. I don't see evidence of resin in the stem. Just a little buildup on the screens of the pots. I empty them after each use and lightly brush the pots/screens. But when I sniff the stem it has that old toasty smell. I hesitate to soak the stem with the bowl part attached because I don't know how I would get it dry with that L bend :hmm:

Kaptan

I hesitate to soak the stem with the bowl part attached because I don't know how I would get it dry with that L bend :hmm:
Some have taken the stem apart removing the Allen screw at the bottom. I have found it’s just as effective pouring warm ISO into the stem and shaking vigorously for a couple minutes and then rinsing with hot water. If it’s got a a lot of oil buildup, I will usually keep refilling the stem and shake with warm ISO until the ISO comes out clear. You don’t need to put much in the stem as you want room for the liquid to move. After it’s clean, just a simple air dry or blow dry will suffice.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I hesitate to soak the stem with the bowl part attached because I don't know how I would get it dry with that L bend
Use a vacuum cleaner as I did in the video. Yes I dismantled the stem for the video, but the vacuum is used here for drying tubes, and wands of all types.
Video of vacuum method of drying stem at: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tafée-bowle.49029/post-1538317
Another video that shows vacuum cleaner usage in drying parts: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/silver-surfer-vaporizer.2/post-4484

Last edited:

His_Highness

What I am not real happy about is the taste I was hoping to be nice and terpy really isn't imo. I read this whole thread and several have said how delicious it is on temp 2. I get one decent tasting draw but after that it all tastes just kind of toasty. Maybe my herb just isn't as good lol. But its still MILES better tasting than the oil pens. And so much stronger!!! I have to be careful with this thing I. I could hit the oil pen and go out and function. Vaping from the Bowle gets me so high I wouldn't want to drive. I do temp step. Was starting on 2 for 3 draws, then stir and go to 3 for a couple. Finish on 4. Last night I tried a few fresh hits on temp 1. I was surprised at the amount and density of vapor I got. The Bowle is SO EFFICIENT! I can see saving a LOT of money at the dispensary.

The usb is a little difficult to get into the port sometimes. Yesterday I had it plugged in but it wasn't charging. Had to unplug and plug back in a few times to get it to work. And finally, I thought the manual suggests cleaning the stem after 6-8 weeks but mine kind of stinks already after just under 2 weeks. I don't even use it every day. I don't see evidence of resin in the stem. Just a little buildup on the screens of the pots. I empty them after each use and lightly brush the pots/screens. But when I sniff the stem it has that old toasty smell. I hesitate to soak the stem with the bowl part attached because I don't know how I would get it dry with that L bend :hmm:

My flower vapes generally get 2 to 3 tasty draws (depending on how much I fill) and then the taste wanes quickly and becomes burnt popcorn tasting at its worst. Doesn't matter if the vapor production is based on conduction, convection or hybrid heating. For me, once those first couple of draws are done the taste comparison turns to how smooth/harsh the vapor is and not how terp tasty it is. When I use the Bowle I get two to three tasty hits that are more tasty than most of my other vapes especially if I start at level one . Once past the first two to three Bowle hits I get smoother vapor than most of my vapes and the popcorn taste never gets overpowering. This is why some, including myself, might describe the Bowle taste to be so good in comparison to other flower vapes.

My USB is pretty tight and requires some force to get it all the way in but I've never had it fail to start charging and I don't remember ever seeing someone say it failed to start charging. If yours fails to charge when inserted correctly you should probably contact customer support.

The full user guide has some additional cleaning instruction details and can be found here: https://tafee.com/support.html

My flower vapes generally get 2 to 3 tasty draws (depending on how much I fill) and then the taste wanes quickly and becomes burnt popcorn tasting at its worst. Doesn't matter if the vapor production is based on conduction, convection or hybrid heating. For me, once those first couple of draws are done the taste comparison turns to how smooth/harsh the vapor is and not how terp tasty it is. When I use the Bowle I get two to three tasty hits that are more tasty than most of my other vapes especially if I start at level one . Once past the first two to three Bowle hits I get smoother vapor than most of my vapes and the popcorn taste never gets overpowering. This is why some, including myself, might describe the Bowle taste to be so good in comparison to other flower vapes.

My USB is pretty tight and requires some force to get it all the way in but I've never had it fail to start charging and I don't remember ever seeing someone say it failed to start charging. If yours fails to charge when inserted correctly you should probably contact customer support.

The full user guide has some additional cleaning instruction details and can be found here: https://tafee.com/support.html

Ah ok. I will play around with bowl size/pack and see if I can get more tasty hits. Like you, I am impressed with how smooth the draws are even once the tastiness is gone. I am hoping my experience with it not charging was just due to me not forcing the usb in.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ah ok. I will play around with bowl size/pack and see if I can get more tasty hits. Like you, I am impressed with how smooth the draws are even once the tastiness is gone. I am hoping my experience with it not charging was just due to me not forcing the usb in.

Yeah I can't say this enough, try riding level one, you will find much better flavors shining through and you will still get thick clouds with nice heady effects!

At level two the flavor does fade fast, because it is over 390F, level one is 365F which is not even that low honestly... Most often I am taking three or four hits on level one, then two or three hits on level two, one more at level three to finish... Depending on the amount loaded or time of day of course, could be a little more or less etc.

Yes you could also try loading more, also a coarse grind, fine grind, medium grind, not sure how much variance you can get with the potter though... Can try packing herbs down (that this restricts airflow, can lead to some huge hits on level one)

And yeah the cleaning is super simple, a little bit of iso and hot water, use q-tip or paper towel if necessary, if you can't wait for an air dry then yeah hair dryer is the way to go! Otherwise you can try just using paper towel etc and if there are a few drops of water in there when you are vaping so be it!

Glad you are enjoying it, this is a pretty nice vape to start with I must say! Definitely ruins oil pens though they so portable lol

Top Bottom