Tafée Bowle

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm still on my honeymoon. I did have a brief fling with my EVO when my Bowle was charging the other night. I'm so ashamed of myself...

I think the honeymoon phase wanes for all of us at some point. I forget who said it but the quote that comes to mind is "The honeymoon doesn't last forever...even the guy who is fucking Halle Berry will eventually get tired of it". Ironic since the guy who was fucking Halle did eventually get caught cheating.

I'm not sure when/if the Bowle honeymoon will end for me but I know it won't be the end of our relationship. It'll be polyamorous with the Bowle as my #1 favorite.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Folks, we've been down this road with material safety. I can't comment on the specifics in this instance, but in general it's an important subject that's well worth discussing as long as respect is paid to the scientific method.

However it doesn't work directly in model threads. That's why years ago we added this rule to our forum rules.

If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.

The offending posts in this thread will be moved/removed. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

Edit: Nickel and Chromium Safety Discussion - If any posts were missed please report them.

Last edited:

EddIW

Wow !
How is that ? Even with a 30% tax+customs fees this does not reach £180, correct ?
Correct. I reached out to Tafee who responded that they contacted fedex in Canada to see why the fees were so high, they said that the fees are nothing to do with fedex and its set by the UK customs. They asked me to contact my local fedex and see if theres anymore information, currently sat on hold on the phone to them. Shame, was really looking forward to this device but no chance am I paying £180 fees after spending £250(shipping included). Will just ask that they return it, not even big grow lights from china have such ridiculous fees.

BubbleDrop

Correct. I reached out to Tafee who responded that they contacted fedex in Canada to see why the fees were so high, they said that the fees are nothing to do with fedex and its set by the UK customs. They asked me to contact my local fedex and see if theres anymore information, currently sat on hold on the phone to them. Shame, was really looking forward to this device but no chance am I paying £180 fees after spending £250(shipping included). Will just ask that they return it, not even big grow lights from china have such ridiculous fees.
Thanks for confirming !
Fees are applied to the total cost from what I experienced (item + shipping), so 20% VAT would be £50.
How could they add £130 for customs fees ? This is ridiculous.

staircase slight of hand

Just got mine in the mail, 400ml set with cup.

I’m not sure if I just got confused by the unofficial promos that folks received or if the website changed and I didn’t notice it, but I was expecting both the metal grinder (the potter), as well as the plastic potter+ that the site still mentions is included with every order. I only received the potter+, which matches what the site now lists in the complete kit.

Was I totally imagining that the complete kit used to come with the metal potter? Also, that the metal potter used to have a nice design on the top, which seems to’ve been eliminated?

Regardless, I’m really excited to put this weird little thing through its paces tonight.

His_Highness

I’m not sure if I just got confused by the unofficial promos that folks received or if the website changed and I didn’t notice it, but I was expecting both the metal grinder (the potter), as well as the plastic potter+ that the site still mentions is included with every order. I only received the potter+, which matches what the site now lists in the complete kit.

Was I totally imagining that the complete kit used to come with the metal potter? Also, that the metal potter used to have a nice design on the top, which seems to’ve been eliminated?

Regardless, I’m really excited to put this weird little thing through its paces tonight.

I think there was maybe a week left on the promo around 1/13 so maybe the promo ended on 1/20? When did you order?

His_Highness,
Reactions: Vitolo

staircase slight of hand

I ordered it on the 22nd. I guess I just got confused, but now that I’m understanding the complete set a little better I definitely would have opted for the basic kit ($70 for an acrylic cup is kind of bananas, whereas the “buy the $70 metal grinder and get the cup thrown in for free” bundle in my head made a lot more sense).

Last edited:

His_Highness

I ordered it on the 22nd. I guess I just got confused, but now that I’m understanding the complete set a little better I definitely would have opted for the basic kit ($70 for an acrylic cup is kind of bananas).
The majority of us seem to start off with a WTF about the cup and it's cost so you're in good company.

My first reaction to the cup was an instantaneous .. it's a vape, vodka and cranberry dispenser! I recently daydreamed about how well it would fit in a social setting like hanging at the pool or a BBQ. With the exception of a 510 cart on a slim battery, I'd be making some folks pretty uncomfortable using one of my flower portables (like my Solo) in an open setting like that...... even though all of them are comfortable with me disappearing into the house to get happy. Not having to disappear on these occasions will be pretty cool for me. Is it $70 worth of cool? If the cup lasts throughout the next warm season I would slur, er, I mean say, yes.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'd like a folding mouthpiece with silicon gaskets on the folding edges to keep it airtight when in use, or a permanently folded one with a similar design to the Crafty's mouthpiece on top of the cooling unit, which rises up when displaced from rest position, that leaves free access to the power inlet.

I don't like any moving mouthpieces really, they always get stuck, never work well consistently, and need to be cleaned more often... In my experience they are just always way more trouble than they're worth, especially in the situation it is not needed at all in my opinion... Usually when I am charging mine, it is without the stem installed anyway.

Anyone have any idea why tafee skipped temps from 395-430 when some beneficial cannabinoids get released in this range? (and none over 430)

That jump isn't so bad, the temperature settings are also slightly relative to your pack and draw etc... What I wish, is that all the settings were lower though, starting at 360 or 365 isn't bad especially if you want to get big low temp tasty clouds, but I would prefer to start at like 345 and have the second setting be more like 380, personally! Tough to please everyone with preset temp settings though, these settings as is are a pretty fair and effective compromise at least!

Am I the only one that is just fat-happy with this vape as it is? I don't seek to pair with a water piece and love the simplicity of design all around.

I am happy, but I want the versatility, I also appreciate the simplicity, and like I said the fuck is so simple and ready to be modular! I have a lot of glass attachments that it would be fun to use with the Bowle as well, it would just keep things interesting and allow more possibilities in a cost-effective way, I won't say I'm getting bored by mine per se, but I am not as excited as I once was ofcourse lol

Anyone experimenting with the Bowle for concentrates?
Thoughts? Findings? I imagine level 4 would provide some effect.

Yes, do a quick search in here for concentrate, a number of us have, and this is a strong case for the need for a water tool adapter... I sometimes do convection dabs of live resin sauce diamonds, at level 4, and it really dries out my throat!

I still really like my bowle, but find myself reaching past it pretty consistently...i fear the honeymoon may be over (very subjective - I really think the bowle is pretty awesome, it just doesn't do it for me better than my other faves right now. I don't think I'm going to sell it off, maybe ill just put it in my closet box and wait for some third party stuffs 8)

Yeah I have a good rotation going of 4 to 6 vapes right now, no more honeymoon phase, but the simple speed and consistency, on top of the effectiveness of the Bowle keep me coming back, not all of the others get used everyday, but the Bowle does! Really nice having it in the rotation, valuable member of my lineup!

Damn yeah sounds like you were a little confused, if you want you could try emailing them and explaining, they may just send you the regular metal potter anyway, who knows??

420_fitdad

New unit came before noon today, got her charged right away and she is ripping so good. This thing is true on demand and the vapor is so tasty and smooth, if you are on the fence my personal suggestion is to go for it. Customer service was top notch and they even gave me the new unit with the short stem and cup told me to keep the old long stem and cup for the trouble. I'll let you know if I somehow notice a difference with which one I'm using, but so far they are just the same.

staircase slight of hand

if you want you could try emailing them and explaining, they may just send you the regular metal potter anyway, who knows??

I’m ok without the metal potter (especially since the lid no longer seems to have the nice design on it?); just gonna chalk this up as a reading fail on my part. I do hope they re-think the packages, though. I’m happy to have the cup, but the optics of paying $70 for an acrylic cup probably isn’t something that Tafée’s aiming for.

On the plus side, they seem to be upgrading the current orders to free priority (overnight) shipping at no cost instead of the usual $45, but I still would have preferred a metal potter.

EddIW

Now have to wait for UK customs to contact me to sort of the increased fees.

Though I did receive a promising email back from the tafee support in the event that customs doesn't change the fee. -

I have a plan to get it to your hands in the event this cannot be cleared up:
I will issue instructions to return to sender, and I will fully research the customs process behind their decision to apply such a large amount of taxation to this import.
Upon learning this, I will modify applicable forms and re-send your parcel with hopes that it will clear customs with a more acceptable VAT application.

We have sent several shipments to the UK thus far, and none have had such a heavy charge levied against them. One way or another, I will see that this is cleared up and we will get your Tafée Bowle to your hands without further delay.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New unit came before noon today, got her charged right away and she is ripping so good. This thing is true on demand and the vapor is so tasty and smooth, if you are on the fence my personal suggestion is to go for it. Customer service was top notch and they even gave me the new unit with the short stem and cup told me to keep the old long stem and cup for the trouble. I'll let you know if I somehow notice a difference with which one I'm using, but so far they are just the same.

Nice! BTW you, @androponic and @Zoticus are the only ones with both long and short stem I believe, so one of you better be sending one of those spare stems to @Delta3DStudios to scan and make us some proper adapters ASAP! :whip:

Got exactly 5 bowls on my most recent charge cycle. I’ll sometimes start on 2, but most of my vaping is done on level 3. Level 4 is only used for the last hit to finish it off.

As others have mentioned recently, this vape is just so easy and convenient to use, and mine has performed flawlessly since it arrived. It’s all I’ve been using over the past few days!

Chingas

It’s weird. I’ve watched the development of the bowle for a while now and always felt the cup was stupid and not worth $70. That’s still probably the case but I’m glad I got it as a freebie. As a vaper/drinker it works for me. My roommate gets a kick out of it and it does provide a little extra cooling. I still cough but it’s not heat, it’s potency.

What a great vape. Maybe 2020 didn’t totally suck. This, the vapbong, firewood7. Not bad.

Kaptan

Has anyone noticed the breath sensor not disengaging the heater after you finish your draw? It has been happening more frequently on my unit. I push the button, start my draw on the green LED, stop drawing, and the heater and green LED remain on for about 8-10 seconds unless I power off with the 3 button press. I have tried quickly drawing again while it’s still green, but it seems the heater ramps up the temp and the taste is 🤮.
When manually pressing the button it works normally, might be an issue with my sensor?

Last edited:

johnnyCanuck

Has anyone noticed the breath sensor not disengaging the heater after you finish your draw? It has been happening more frequently on my unit. I push the button, start my draw on the green LED, stop drawing, and the heater and green LED remain on for about 8-10 seconds unless I power off with the 3 button press. I have tried quickly drawing again while it’s still green, but it seems the heater ramps up the temp and the taste is 🤮.
Still working fine over here.

Top Bottom