Tafée Bowle

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Completed the testing after 3 full charges:

TEST RESULTS:
- The third charge started with one steady light and took 59 minutes. I checked battery level after each draw after reaching 50%/2-lights so that once the battery life was at 25%/1-light I could start the third full charge. The recommendation is to charge once the battery reaches 25%.
- I got a total of 5 sessions. My sweet spot for a buzz on this vape and others is 4 good hits so most sessions are 4 hits. Toward the end of the testing, after loading a newly filled pot, I continued using temp level 3 and the clouds were so dense I was satisfied with just two hits each session.
--> Session 1: Battery-4 lights, temp-2 lights - First hit was whispy and the next 3 hits were good. Amazing taste. The first whispy hit is due to my draw not the unit. If I were to push that first hit it would cloud up nicely but I prefer to draw naturally because this vape brings the happy with minimal effort..
--> Session 2: Battery-3 lights, temp-2 lights - Set out for cloudiness this session. Increased the draw speed. First hit was nicely cloudy and so were the next 3 hits. Nothing wimpy about these draws!
--> Session 3: Battery-3 lights, temp-3 lights - Went to temp 3 since temp 2 was winding down. Whoa! Vapor production stepped up nicely. All 4 hits were very nice.
--> Session 4: Battery-2 lights, temp-3 lights - First 2 hits were good but vapor production was waning due to the flower getting tired. Still took care of business with 2 more hits but for the purpose of testing decided to load a new pot for the next session where normally I would have finished it off at temp level 4. I wanted to make sure the drop in vapor production was the herb not the vape. It was the herb.
--> Session 5: Battery-2 lights, temp-3 lights - Each hit was super cloudy and big time effective so only had 2 draws. Talk about a super fast session!
--> Session 6: Battery-2 lights, temp-3 lights - Again....Each hit was super cloudy and big time effective so only had 2 draws.
--> Session 7: Battery-2 to 1 light, temp-3 lights - Got one good hit before it turned off. When I started the session the battery was at level 2. Midway through the second hit the unit shut itself down. I tried to turn it back on but the light sequence implied the battery needed a charge.
- Fourth battery charge - started with level 1 for a brief moment and started blinking level 2. Took 63 minutes to fully charge.

SUMMARY:
- 22 draws. Draw number 22 interrupted by battery drain.
- Battery charge up is basically an hour as reported.
- Had one draw where the 4 green lights blinked out on me mid-draw on a long, hard pull. Still got a hit and it didn't happen again. I may have rushed the draw and came in too hot.

MISCELLANEOUS OBSERVATIONS:
Battery life for an on-demand convection vape is better than expected but some may wish for more. I'm good with the battery life because it only takes an hour to recharge and the high lasts longer than an hour so....once I've had 3-4 sessions I may just charge it up knowing it'll be ready to go before the high wears down.

Zeroing in on my favorite temps...I'm a temp stepper and prefer starting at level 2. When the vapor production wanes at temp level 2 on a new pot I move up to temp level 3. There isn't really much left after all the draws at temp 3 for me so going to temp level 4 isn't necessary but I do finish off what little is left at level 4 normally.

The effect of this vape sometimes reminds me of the MFLB....the MFLB always surprised me when vapor production was minimal but the high was off the charts. The Bowle does this to me too. There's something special about this vape.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
When I started the session the battery was at level 2. Midway through the second hit the unit shut itself down. I tried to turn it back on but the light sequence implied the battery needed a charge.

This has been my experience, I cannot use the device at all with battery level 25% as it always dies on me before it shows one light... So I guess you can get 1-3 bowls when there are two lights left, depending on how many hits, have to pay attention if you don't want it to die on you mid-bowl. Yeah I definitely think the battery indicator could be adjusted at least? With diff led color too!

ChooChooCharlie

Close, but no trate cigar
SB-pad-attempt.jpg

Appears the Pot is tiny bit narrower, and taller, than S&B caps. Tafee said they are working on concentrate-centric pots. The classic sandwich in herb would work ok, though. No fear of stuff dripping down into your heater with this vape's design

Shit Snacks

Close, but no trate cigar
SB-pad-attempt.jpg

Appears the Pot is tiny bit narrower, and taller, than S&B caps. Tafee said they are working on concentrate-centric pots. The classic sandwich in herb would work ok, though. No fear of stuff dripping down into your heater with this vape's design

Oh I did not try it yet, but pretty sure it looks like the Fierce concentrate pads will fit in the Bowle chamber pots... Mighty's too wide...

SixStringToker

Naked member
@ChooChooCharlie, those concentrate pads are quite malleable. They can be cut up with scissors (titanium work best) and reworked by squishing and reshaping them with pliers. The MiniVAP concentrate pads would seemingly have even less of a chance than the S&B pads of fitting the Bowle bowls; they're larger in diameter and much more tightly packed. Even they can be reworked:

50788795102_8a4bc8b530_o.jpg

I need to do a bit of cleanup of the bowl where the metal scraped it up, but I think it'll work nicely.

Edit:

Yup, that works; quite tasty, too! Seems like a good way to sip on some low-temp dabs. It's brutal on the battery, though. I had just one flower session on the freshly charged battery and it died towards the end of the second concentrate session. The puck got quite warm and the bowl chamber got too hot to touch comfortably on the outside, too.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Thanks for the idea, @SixStringToker - gotta love FC

Cutting-pads-to-fit.jpg

Wrong tools for the job. Wrong person using tools. Took a while to cut through thinner regular S&B pad with dull kitchen scissors. Mini leatherman knockoff helped reshape sharp edged deformed pad, showing carbon deposits at tips, can't imagine what caused those

Didn't mess around, went for heat level 4. Long, fast draws start to pay off around third hit. Worked so much better than other vapes using pads

Let that sucker cool before even thinking about removing the stem. Ouch

Set worry mode to standby, you can't screw up this vape's heater with dripping trates

His_Highness

Finished the detail testing for battery life, hits and temp maintenance yesterday so I finally settled in to using the Bowle without tracking/documenting or mentally focusing on results. Basically enjoying using the Bowle naturally.

I love the taste and effects at temp level 2 (395F? ... my calculation for temp at each level is ((464F - 360F) / 3) = 35F as the average increase in temp level. One light = 360F, two lights = 360F + 35F = 395F, three lights = 395F + 35F = 430F, four lights = 430F + 35F = 465F, Rounding up to 35F causes the addition of one degree at the highest temp. I have no clue if this calculation is correct.

I didn't try temp 1 because 360F is lower than my general starting temp for most of my vapes which is 380F. With level 2 I find that stepping up the draw speed a little and taking a longer draw on that first hit eliminates the potential for a whispy first hit.

Temp level 3 produces like crazy for me but on a newly filled pot, 2 to 3 hits at temp 3 is enough for me and I feel like starting at level 2 and working my way up allows a little more control and may be more efficient on both the heater and the herb use. Besides, I prefer a leisurely 4 hit session and temp level 3 on a new pot is F'n amazing but I feel like 4 hits on a new pot at level 3 is overkill for me. There will be times where I want to quickly blow the top of my head off and when those times come I'm starting that new pot at temp level 3 and holding on tightly. :ko:

What I really appreciated last night when using the Bowle naturally was the SPEED and SMOOTHNESS. No draw restriction to speak of. After a couple 4 hit sessions I found myself at temp level 3 taking one or two nicely cloudy maintenance hits during a commercial, after a sandwich or before the movie starts. No worries on timing because Bowle is pretty much ready before I am.

Showed the Bowle to my oldest daughter and her reaction was "Are you kidding me?!? What's with the cup? Coolest looking of all your vapes. Has Mom tried it yet? No way she's not going to want one for herself. Especially once it gets warm enough to be outside by the pool." Aside from assisting in some early testing the wife hasn't had a real shot at using the Bowle. She still thinks I'm testing....I can't keep fooling her forever so eventually we'll have to get another.

Speaking of use out by the pool....has @ataxian seen this vape yet?

I forgot to use the cup for my nightly vape and vodka/cranberry to test condensation. Hope I can remember to do that tonight.....

guyonthecouch

Finished the detail testing for battery life, hits and temp maintenance yesterday so I finally settled in to using the Bowle without tracking/documenting or mentally focusing on results. Basically enjoying using the Bowle naturally.

I love the taste and effects at temp level 2 (395F? ... my calculation for temp at each level is ((464F - 360F) / 3) = 35F as the average increase in temp level. One light = 360F, two lights = 360F + 35F = 395F, three lights = 395F + 35F = 430F, four lights = 430F + 35F = 465F, Rounding up to 35F causes the addition of one degree at the highest temp. I have no clue if this calculation is correct.

I didn't try temp 1 because 360F is lower than my general starting temp for most of my vapes which is 380F. With level 2 I find that stepping up the draw speed a little and taking a longer draw on that first hit eliminates the potential for a whispy first hit.

Temp level 3 produces like crazy for me but on a newly filled pot, 2 to 3 hits at temp 3 is enough for me and I feel like starting at level 2 and working my way up allows a little more control and may be more efficient on both the heater and the herb use. Besides, I prefer a leisurely 4 hit session and temp level 3 on a new pot is F'n amazing but I feel like 4 hits on a new pot at level 3 is overkill for me. There will be times where I want to quickly blow the top of my head off and when those times come I'm starting that new pot at temp level 3 and holding on tightly. :ko:

What I really appreciated last night when using the Bowle naturally was the SPEED and SMOOTHNESS. No draw restriction to speak of. After a couple 4 hit sessions I found myself at temp level 3 taking one or two nicely cloudy maintenance hits during a commercial, after a sandwich or before the movie starts. No worries on timing because Bowle is pretty much ready before I am.

Showed the Bowle to my oldest daughter and her reaction was "Are you kidding me?!? What's with the cup? Coolest looking of all your vapes. Has Mom tried it yet? No way she's not going to want one for herself. Especially once it gets warm enough to be outside by the pool." Aside from assisting in some early testing the wife hasn't had a real shot at using the Bowle. She still thinks I'm testing....I can't keep fooling her forever so eventually we'll have to get another.

Speaking of use out by the pool....has @ataxian seen this vape yet?

I forgot to use the cup for my nightly vape and vodka/cranberry to test condensation. Hope I can remember to do that tonight.....
Awesome review @His_Highness!! To your daughter's comment, I've been thinking the Bowle is going to be the ultimate summertime by the pool or at the beach vape 😎 ..or at the cottage ..or by the lakeside or at a music festival!!

Also it seems like the ultimate bedside vape, on demand convection for when it counts.. followed up with a lil sippy poo and back off to bed :zzz:

Ya @ataxian where you at my dude! This one has your name written all over it. I'm confident the Bowle will pass the "civilized" test :science:

Last edited:

His_Highness

Also it seems like the ultimate bedside vape, on demand convection for when it counts.. followed up with a lil sippy poo and back off to bed :zzz:

Great point! Back when the wife had 24/7 migraines we used to keep the POTV One fully charged and filled on the nightstand for those middle of the night pain fests. The POTV One is a great device but for the nightstand emergencies I'd have to go with the Bowle now. Just plain quicker to use.

EDIT: Changed misnamed "topper" to "potter" in this sentence-> That potter would come in handy as well with several fully filled pots in waiting....

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

Great point! Back when the wife had 24/7 migraines we used to keep the POTV One fully charged and filled on the nightstand for those middle of the night pain fests. The POTV One is a great device but for the nightstand emergencies I'd have to go with the Bowle now. Just plain quicker to use.

That Topper would come in handy as well with several fully filled pots in waiting....
Topper? You mean Potter? Or is there already a new accessory out in the wild?!

Shit Snacks

Thanks!!! Knew I'd misname something here eventually but yeah....I meant Potter.

Haha you had kept saying topper, and I just thought maybe it was your autocorrect!

It is funny how people might skip the first setting entirely, since that is what I use most, in every vape I get I am always testing out the lowest settings... As I said before I wish this one was even lower! 360 is not really so low to me... No problems with wispy hits, nice smooth clouds and easy great taste!

Last edited:

skyvaper

This vape checks all my boxes except one which is battery life. I was looking at this and the tinymight and settled on the TM due to its availability. I feel like this will be like the crafty all over when it comes to the battery and keeping it charged. I feel like I could justify this purchase if I could get 6 pots from a charge at 4 to 6 hits per pot. I really like the premium look, reported vapor quality, hidden in plain sight aspect except the MP will smell over time. Im really impressed and intrigued by early reports. Ill keep a close eye on this one for now.

skyvaper

@skyvaper , sorry to hear you will not be "one of us, one of us"

You alerted me to availability back on page 5, and I want to thank you again for that
I trust this community and like to read through user experiences if Im not being the guinea pig so youre welcome and thank you!! Im still on the fence so don't count me out just yet.

ChooChooCharlie

Zoomin' @Zoticus killin it, quite a testimonial for the Bowle. Good discussion, and good rips demonstrated. Not his fault they couldn't resist poking fun at the Bowle name. Maybe Jerry knows how the Tafée folks say it. So proud of myself, typing that é, alt 130 on numberpad, as long as you remember to turn off numlock after -- D6h!

Zoticus

Leader Of Ted Nerd Nation
Zoomin' @Zoticus killin it, quite a testimonial for the Bowle. Good discussion, and good rips demonstrated. Not his fault they couldn't resist poking fun at the Bowle name. Maybe Jerry knows how the Tafée folks say it. So proud of myself, typing that é, alt 130 on numberpad, as long as you remember to turn off numlock after -- D6h!

Rips demonstrated during that stream was with less than half a pot filled ... i was very impressed with my results . this week if they have another Zoom i will have 3 pots filled 75 % ish to give the people a proper demonstration <3 Always a great time hanging out and discussing vapes with the vapefiend nerds :)

Last edited:

Djsleepy

Review time!

Weight - all of the components (stem, puck, pots) have a nice heavy feel to them it was apparent from that I knew this was a well built device!

Temps- love ease of changing temps.

Power button- really nice solid click - no need to worry about this button imo!

Tastes - of course temp1 delivers the goods with flavorful hits , also found temp 2 to be just as pleasing and even first hit of temp 3 and 4 solid flavor.

Hit- it’s really whatever you want, large or small , draw slow or little quicker it all seems to work! This would probably be a good starter vape to teach people the intricacies of hitting a convection vape.

Effects- I feel this is the cleanest and most true representation of pure convection! Since I use medically I found the unit to deliver the goods quick and efficiently.

ABV/extraction- 💯 ....never seen full evenly darkened ABV till this bad boy! It’s so good at extracting I won’t use this ABV for edibles cause there’s nothing left !

Stem- the click is it ! easy to check pot!

Heater - IMO all vapes should be inverted heater. You don’t have worry about concentrates messing heater up. Also Keeps heater protected from pokes when trying to clean and delivers a evenly fully extracted product.

Cleaning/ maintenance- super easy to clean and low maintenance as opposed to other vapes I have already had to go into and adjust/fix things and they aren’t even two months old!

Hits - usually five pods sometimes six before 25%, wish battery was stronger or charge time shorter but still delivers the goods!

My personal temps( as of now)- been really liking temp 3 but also spend a good bit of time Temp stepping from 1-2. Like I said before it’s versatile on what you get from it and how you get it!

Now I have been concentrating on just the puck and will start today to use cup with vape, let you know how that goes.

Overall I really dig this unit for many reasons and think it has a lot to offer. The battery needs to last longer ( as vapers this is not a new struggle) but when charged and ready to go.... this boy stands up and delivers!

Have a great day!

Last edited:

His_Highness

Tested the drinkware last night. I've been excited about the cup aspect since I first saw the Bowle because every night for the last decade or so the wife and I have had a vape, vodka and cranberry. Couldn't ask for a better lifestyle fit in terms of a vape for us so I had very high hopes going into the test last night. I was not disappointed!

Test Setup: Fully charged the Bowle, put in a fully filled pot and put the cup on the puck. Now that everything is at max capacity I was ready to start the evening's festivities:
- I have the large cup. I filled 3/4 of the cup with ice and then I put in 2 shots of tart cherry juice, 2 shots of cranberry juice and 4 shots of vodka. Decided to put the vodka in last so that when the vodka meets the acrylic it is at the most diluted strength.
Bowle Mod 1.jpg

- First concern was whether the lights were viewable with a dark liquid. I had no issues discerning the lights. I couldn't make out the lights from the top but it wasn't because of the dark liquid. It was because of the ice. Couldn't see through the ice from the top but as you can see the lights are easily viewed from the side. Once the ice melted I could easily see the lights from the top.
Bowle Mod 2.jpg

Bowle Mod 3.jpg

- Condensation was another concern that turned out to be a non-issue. I didn't half step the amount of ice and it took me several hours to finish the drink so there was plenty of time for condensation to show itself as a problem. I was also vaping constantly throughout the test which added some warmth to the mix and as we all know....heat rises. There was no condensation on the inside where the charge port is. Other than the outside of the cup misting up enough to make the lights harder to see from the side there was nothing that concerned me.

Miscellaneous Observations:
- The ice and cold liquid NOTICEABLY chilled the stem during a hit. Talk about added value from the cup!!! IMO....The Bowle has exceptional cooling out of the box so adding extra cooling via ice and or liquid is amazing!
- When the lights are moving, like when you first start the Bowle up, the lights are harder to see with dark liquid. I could still make things out but it wasn't as easy to see as when the lights blink or stay solid in the same location.
- Stirring the drink is hindered by the indentation inside the cup coming from where the stem sits. I realize how minor this is but for someone who likes to stir their drink every now and then while high.... you have to be careful with the ice because that indentation can cause the ice to flip out of the cup when stirring.
- The gasket around the puck that holds the cup in place is super solid grasping.... even with a large cup fully filled, with condensation forming on the outside, I naturally lifted the cup as I would any cup, by the midpoint in the cup, and never felt worried that it might come off the puck.
- Disclaimer: Condensation didn't show itself to be a problem. Unless someone does a tear-down to expose the insides of the Bowle after many condensation events (And I'm definitely not tearing apart mine) we'll have to rely on the IP22 certification which strikes me as sufficient.

I'm approaching the alcohol and acrylic cup concerns like the old joke about masturbation....When Little Johnny was told masturbating can cause blindness Little Johnny said "Can I just do it till I need glasses"? I plan to use the Bowle for my nightly vape, vodka/cranberry routine similar to how Little Johnny approaches masturbation....I'll keep using it this way until I need new glasses..... if I ever do. It's just too good a fit for me being used this way.

Zoticus

Leader Of Ted Nerd Nation
I have to assume that since Zoticus is in a cold winter climate (Michigan) part of the exhale cloud has to be condensation. :/
It was 30 degrees Fahrenheit that day on stream so it really was more like fall weather with some slight cooling ...real winter has me bundled up looking like a marshmello xD I know it is hard to believe that the half packed pot got zot zooted but it did xD If you check this Tuesdays live stream i will have 3 pots packed 75% ish to demonstrate the Bowle some more <3

Last edited:

Ripstar

We used the Bowle for a few days this weekend. I am very impressed by it. At first, I voiced my concerns over the acrylic cup but man, it works just fine(even with booze). I agree with everyone's reviews above regarding battery, draw, size and durability. The biggest concern is the battery but, if you are drinking anything out of it, your drink should be done and the battery will also be finished. Which, makes the timing perfect for charging.
One of the things I really enjoy is how cool the vapor is. I felt like an iced drink helped significantly but after only using the device without the cup, the results were pretty similar. I was using it filled with ice outside in about 15 degree weather and it was almost magical 😂
I also love the sound, which I can only assume is the draw flow. It's truly amazing in that sense.
Sorry for the crappy review but even if you don't use the cup, this thing is a great device. The draws alone should make this a vape everyone should want.

Only bad thing is, the wife wants one and she has 2 other friends in mind who would enjoy it. 😂

Top Bottom