Tafée Bowle

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Man whys the vape @stickstones says is the best convection portable have to have a cup attached to it? I'm all for hydration and I've been keeping a cup at arms reach for most of my life, sometimes 2 cups if I want tea and water. I just have no desire for my cup to also be my vape, I honestly see only negatives with that. Well, maybe if I only had 1 arm I might be pretty interested.

swap out the cup for a speaker? I always listen to music or a pod cast when I'm vaping.

71-JA2w6GSL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Tafée Dancé?​

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
True I just think it could have and would have been designed better if they were never going for the also a cup angle.

Yeah I think a more ergonomic body would be nice, this seems like they kind of designed it and then realized it could be a platform for a cup, once they developed the heater and chamber, seeing how it could be laid out with the components... Like how Haze with the Square, they made a four chamber square because of the other design elements they had. Unlike the Grasshopper, where they had the goal of making it a pen, and were limited by that in their design... Though this is all conjecture ofcourse!

ChooChooCharlie

Fuck this is just like a built-in jayhook vape, performance and pedigree is tempting me!
That's an interesting take, "like a built-in jayhook" But no achy breaky glass. Even the glass isn't glass

I enjoy the tactile pleasure from well designed objects. Like the way the stem "snaps" into the puck. It almost feels magnetic, but you can see the tiny locking bump in the puck's opening, and the bump's matching indent on the stem. Simple, friction, but it works, and feels good
Edit: little silvery bump in puck actually depresses a teeny tiny bit, assume it will be robust. I mean what could go wrong with a new vape? Appears it compresses as the concave/notched center of stem ledge slides/pushes past, then it springs back into the round concave "nest." So that last nesting/locking action is the nice snap I feel

Tafee-stem-with-puck-upside-down.jpg

Puck is upside down in pic. You can see the hot air entry, fitted with a screen, in case you bumped or dropped during session (or blew into stem?). The air inlet is the rectangular slit in center of bottom. So the air flow is changing direction within the puck

Vapor flow path changes again and dramatically after exiting bottom of pot screen. Does a direct face plant against the steel base plate, then a 180 turn as it travels up aluminum stem. Gotta love turbulence, helps during heating and cooling. Cool!

The comparatively heavy steel base plate is why the stem balances so well, standing on its own. You wouldn't think stem standing, or reassuring tactile stem insertion/snap, would be such a big deal -- until your first session with it

I'm going to pray to the vape gods that someone doesn't ask, "how can I use this thing with my bong?"

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

I think new users will be pleasantly surprised by the dark avb after such cool vapor

And as Troy said, it's easy, doesn't feel like you're learning to ride a unicycle

Put the cup away last night after that, shall we say, uncoordinated selfie. Haven't used cup all day today, trying different grips

Settled on this left hand style, index finger on fire button. I'm right handed, so nice to have it free, for other needs ...
Tafee-left-hand-grip.jpg

Will be interesting going back to stock, taking it out for an outdoor drink, try the stubby silicone mouthpiece, don't think it will get any looks

I must train brain to call this vape the Bowle. Tafee is the company. Get it straight, ChaChaChewy, it ain't tough

Bummer we can't do the traditional FC initial-style abbreviated name for the Tafee Bowle, "TB" -- for obvious reasons

justcametomind

Troy referred to the Taffee as a MV1 or a Firefly 2 done right. Just a minute or two after the start.
I think that the cup thing is a bit over the edge but with people staying constantly at home it may make more sense having a vape like this, especially for people with multiple devices, instead than a “real” portable.

Last edited:

SixStringToker

Naked member
The plastic cup aspect baffles me, but I've already added the thing to the shopping cart three times over... 'must resist! Maybe I'll replace the plastic cup with a mini terrarium along the lines of:

gcu201-7_1.jpg

My own little Zen Garden to gaze down upon every time I choose to float in the clouds. Where can I buy a miniature rake?

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
The plastic cup aspect baffles me, but I've already added the thing to the shopping cart three times over... 'must resist! Maybe I'll replace the plastic cup with a mini terrarium along the lines of:

View attachment 4426

My own little Zen Garden to gaze down upon every time I choose to float in the clouds. Where can I buy a miniature rake?
Maybe you could keep a tiny pet lizard in there as well. Although the terrarium idea brings up a question - doesn't the base get warm when you vape? Isn't that gonna heat up your drink? Ideal for the pet lizard though

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Like some peoples around the design/glass thing is the only one brake to me jumping on that train... maybe they can offer a sort of stash box with several compartments for fresh weed/ loaded pods, abv for used pods, tools... in place of the glass.

I added it once to my cart, hesitated a few and finally gave up... but I agree the performances looks pretty good and it looks like a very good vape also!

SixStringToker

Naked member
Like some peoples around the design/glass thing is the only one brake to me jumping on that train... maybe they can offer a sort of stash box with several compartments for fresh weed/ loaded pods, abv for used pods, tools... in place of the glass.

I added it once to my cart, hesitated a few and finally gave up... but I agree the performances looks pretty good and it looks like a very good vape also!
We could do this ourselves... collaborate on a 3D printing project for a piece (or pieces) that slides down over the puck like the plastic cup does. It could have some compartments for storing herb and iso as well as sections for tools & cotton swabs. Anyone with the 3D file could get it printed at services like Shapeways or via 3DHubs.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@PPN / @SixStringToker - Excellent points....there are many folks on this site who created accessories from vape bases to beautiful wooden stems that eventually were picked up by retailers too. If the vape itself works as good as it looks there will be plenty of imaginative things popping up to take advantage of the glass form. How about a whip that attaches to the mouthpiece and circles inside the glass with ice water that ends in a second mouthpiece to draw from. That whip could turn the vape into something more..shareable.

As I mentioned above ... I love the glass because the wife and I have a vodka and cranberry with flower every night and have been for over a decade. Perfect design for us .... Maybe if I didn't have that combo every night I could remember when we started having that combo every night :D

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
@PPN / @SixStringToker - Excellent points....there are many folks on this site who created accessories from vape bases to beautiful wooden stems that eventually were picked up by retailers too. If the vape itself works as good as it looks there will be plenty of imaginative things popping up to take advantage of the glass form. How about a whip that attaches to the mouthpiece and circles inside the glass with ice water that ends in a second mouthpiece to draw from. That whip could turn the vape into something more..shareable.

As I mentioned above ... I love the glass because the wife and I have a vodka and cranberry with flower every night and have been for over a decade. Perfect design for us .... Maybe if I didn't have that combo every night I could remember when we started having that combo every night :D

Ha thats what I was thinking, that cup provides a lot of potential cooling area while still keeping the same size and shape...

Shit Snacks

Yeah if this thing was $100 cheaper I think I already would have ordered... But $369 is a hard pill to swallow for early adopting, especially when it only comes with one mouthpiece (not to mention you have to choose between long or short when you order, cannot get both) the design lends itself to many options for mouthpiece, so a little disappointing at this price point, to not even have a WPA available either?? Seems like it would be very simple to design for use with a hydrotube at the very least... Also wish it was not a silicone mouthpiece tip, without any other options available yet. I guess that is the thing with early adopting, a lot of stuff could be available later on, but yeah still hard to invest at this steep price, though I am still tempted, God help me!

marduk

daydreamer
I think there's a good chance the price will come down after some time has passed and they evaluate their sales numbers. Even S&B (at one point notorious for not allowing discounts) took a look at the market and lowered the prices on the Crafty and Mighty. And they were selling well even at the previous higher prices.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Yeah if this thing was $100 cheaper I think I already would have ordered... But $369 is a hard pill to swallow for early adopting, especially when it only comes with one mouthpiece (not to mention you have to choose between long or short when you order, cannot get both) the design lends itself to many options for mouthpiece, so a little disappointing at this price point, to not even have a WPA available either?? Seems like it would be very simple to design for use with a hydrotube at the very least... Also wish it was not a silicone mouthpiece tip, without any other options available yet. I guess that is the thing with early adopting, a lot of stuff could be available later on, but yeah still hard to invest at this steep price, though I am still tempted, God help me!

You wouldnt even need a WPA if they could figure out a way to turn the "cup" into a bubbler, I mean, with the long MP its already at the top of the cup, throw a U-bend at the MP down into the cup-bubbler, and then they could make the new bubbler MP look like a straw.... seems doable?

Shit Snacks

I think there's a good chance the price will come down after some time has passed and they evaluate their sales numbers. Even S&B (at one point notorious for not allowing discounts) took a look at the market and lowered the prices on the Crafty and Mighty. And they were selling well even at the previous higher prices.

Yeah it's funny when people think artisan vapes are overpriced, here you pay for the development and production I suppose... This seems much more worthwhile performance and material wise than Crafty/Mighty to me at least...
Do we know anything about the actual heating element here btw??

You wouldnt even need a WPA if they could figure out a way to turn the "cup" into a bubbler, I mean, with the long MP its already at the top of the cup, throw a U-bend at the MP down into the cup-bubbler, and then they could make the new bubbler MP look like a straw.... seems doable?

Well, yes, but having to buy what is sure to be an expensive glass bubbler when I already have a perfectly good one and hydrotubes myself is not very appealing... Also I would like to use it dry with jayhooks ofcourse! I do like that this is designed like a vaporizer j hook all built in as one, but at the price I would prefer the versatility to use it with what I already have as well...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Well, yes, but having to buy what is sure to be an expensive glass bubbler when I already have a perfectly good one and hydrotubes myself is not very appealing... Also I would like to use it dry with jayhooks ofcourse! I do like that this is designed like a vaporizer j hook all built in as one, but at the price I would prefer the versatility to use it with what I already have as well...

Good point. I personally dont look at this vape and think that it can be very versatile in use or compatibility. I do see it is a prime candidate for exclusive & proprietary accessories though (re: expensive). Maybe I'm being narrow-minded here but idk.

Shit Snacks

Good point. I personally dont look at this vape and think that it can be very versatile in use or compatibility. I do see it is a prime candidate for exclusive & proprietary accessories though (re: expensive). Maybe I'm being narrow-minded here but idk.

Haha yeah, but I can see both! I think it would be easy to develop alternative mouthpiece pot chambers, for proprietary pieces of course, but also 18.8mm connections upright and downwards... Maybe I am being too optimistic though!

Top Bottom