Tafée Bowle

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice to see one in the wild. It would be cool if there is a lower profile cup. Also is the cup made from some kind of plastic like on the nutribullet? ,i would not put hot drinks if that is the case.

ChooChooCharlie

Tafee-with-coffee.jpg

I'm beginning to think the cup idea came after the puck & cooling stem. Could imagine a user snapping off stem without proper holding/care. Also, stem insertion area gets warm almost hot after consecutive draws, so not a good place to touch/hold by accident

The plastic cup ties it all together, stem support along with familiar and intuitive drinking glass holding. How's that for spin?

Edit:
They included their aluminum Potter grinder and "pot" filler. That name never gets old

Don't be pissed if you don't get one. It was an upcharge extra, but maybe I placed one of the first orders and they were feeling generous. Plastic version of Potter and funnel are included free

Sweet idea, middle plate has four slits to empty into four pots below

Tafee-potter-three-shot.jpg

Notice what happens when you fail to read instructions first. Less is more, you fool!

Tafee-potter-overfill-instructions.jpg

Evened them out with finger tip. Suppose you could close up Potter, and take 'em on the go, filled and ready

Tafee-potter-filled-and-closed.jpg

Second edit: I'm Lt Columbo, "Ah, just one more thing..."

Because of top-down heating, no need for a "spacer." Folks who prefer tiny amounts could sprinkle just enough to cover pot screen

Like PeeWee's playhouse, today's secret word is "pot"

Yet another edit: @darco - read your question below. It's San Diego bay

Last edited:

darco

Funny name, funny look ... great fuckin vape !

Tafee-and-DJ.jpg

I be in luv ... yeah yeah honeymoon, 2 bowls in, but wanted to share my early ecstatic impression

It hits all the targets, IMO:

Instant (1 sec) heat
Low/no draw resistance
Easy load, unload
Easy interface and use
You decide on draw speed, fast, slow, short, long, say that five times fast
Even cook, no stir
On demand convection, you control the pace, not the vape
Very cool vapor, zero heat at lips
Cool vapor due to 6 inch (aluminum I think) stem on model I selected, sure shorter stem is similar

Oh shit, it misses the portability target. Base "Puck" -- the everything of the unit, really -- is 1.5 inches tall, 3 inches in diameter. Best for home use, but think I'll try it at an outdoor cafe, tell waitress I brought my own glass for hygienic reasons

Large power button, smaller temp select button. 4 LEDs for interface. Best to choose a silver tequila, easier to see lights through

Two methods of use:
1) (easy way) tap power button, wait one second for lights to turn green, start draw. Ending your draw is sensed, and it goes back to cool standby mode. When ready for next draw, repeat above

2) (button freak way) tap and hold button as you draw, release button to stop heater

They were kind enough to include their aluminum grinder pot filler, along with 4 more pots, that's what they call 'em :rolleyes:
Tafee-accessories.jpg

They are ceramic, with screen at one end, and little o-ring for seal, hold a bit more than an S&B capsule, .15 - .2g
Tafee-pods.jpg

Stem with "pot" loaded, stem inserts into base puck easily, with reassuring tactile snap-in-place feel
Tafee-fresh-bowl.jpg

First pot I tried heat level three out of four, got about six ten second draws. very dark and even avb
Tafee-after-avb.jpg

Next pot I started at heat level two, as expected less dense with great flavor, finished with long fast draws at level four. avb has lots of near char, but not quite. Certainly no combustion, no matter how I inhaled. So far at least, it's early
Tafee-level-four-avb.jpg

It’s twenty past four
There’s no one in the place, covid’s locked the door
So set ‘em up, Joe
I got a little story you oughta know

We’re drinkin’ my friend
To the end of the combustion mode
Vapin’ one in the Tafée
And one more for the road

I know the routine
Put another herb pot in the machine
It’s gone to my head
Can’t you make the music easy and Dead

I should thank you a lot
For those little pot pots, no lids, so clever and bold
Vapin’ one in the Tafée
Then three more, and I fold

edit after tequila:
wish I could see inside the puck

wondering if there's a bent heat inlet path -- looking at profile, thinking it would be a forced constraint, happy accident?

It would provide nice hot turbulent distribution upon herb, kinda like the bend in Lamart's Piro glass heat intake

start me up, start me up, with Dean Vortices, all you need is a bend and flow

This vape is indeed intriguing!! Thanks for the pictorial tour of the device.

Is that Lake Ontario in the background?

ChooChooCharlie

Sunday wake n bake report:

Tafee-care-mintenance.jpg

Used almost two days, can see resin and micro bits. Like in cooling glass stems, it accumulates at bends. Heat level 2, finished at level 3. Dark, and can see lighter avb at edge, but none of the more typical convection tunneling look

Tafee-before-qtip-at-level-3.jpg

Saw Jerry using his unit in livestream last Friday, said the top Tafee dude never vapes above level 2. So I gave it a shot, kept it at level 2 until no more vapor

avb lighter than pic above, but still dark throughout load. Used cotton swab when stem still warm, just to make it look nicer, until an iso soak

Tafee-after-qtip-at-level-2.jpg

Can already tell that inner bottom surface of ceramic pots are gonna get stained. Hard to believe they will stay pretty and gleaming white, even after iso soaks and scrubs. Many readers may have had experience with cleaning ceramic herb chambers, ugg, wonder if I'll even care about the color of the pots

stickstones

Vapor concierge
YES! Finally in the wild! Glad you got one early, @ChooChooCharlie

@PPN it can handle hotter drinks, but the cup doesn't insulate well enough to keep it cool enough to hold. Otherwise, it can handle it. However, when I took my beta unit to Champs, I just threw it in my backpack unboxed. The beating it took created spider cracks in the glass. Still works, but when I put hot water in it afterward I heard cracking. So...be good to the cup! When you travel with it, put it back in the box.

I like to start on 2 for a couple hits, then temp step until I'm done on 4.

I'll say it again for anyone on the fence...it's a world class portable vape, with quite a pedigree (Jorge from Minivap, and Arno Hazekamp). If you're uncertain about the cup, go for it. If the cup turns you off, get over it or miss out on the best on-demand convection portable I've come across!

ChooChooCharlie

DOH!

@PPN and @Abysmal Vapor -- You guys were correct about NOT pouring hot drinks in the current tall cup. Oops on that coffee picture above, but I was badly hung over so what can I say

I sent email to Tafee, asked a couple questions. They said I could post their email response to clarify things. Like my ignorance and haste

Tafee-email-response.jpg

They are working on a cup for hot beverages, available soon, here's a pretty picture and video they sent me. Now, wait a minute, I'm violating shill union rules now, posting before cashing the check. Sonofabitch!

Nice sweater
Tafee-hot-cup-and-sweater.jpg

I had guessed the stem was aluminum, they said mostly, except the base plate is stainless steel -- the part I q-tip cleaned in pic above. Said it better absorbs the thermal energy when vapor exits ceramic pot

Edit: that sweater model better not vape holding it like that. I've goofed, blocked air inlet on bottom of puck. Another of my DOH moments

edit: mods, is it time to release the kraken? I mean, release this thread into the wild, as Jerry said?

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

It's released, free !! Well, not free, not nearly. "Think value, my son"

Only old farts will remember this ad
charlie-sent-ya.jpg

Battery died on me today, with cute little LED death sequence, after two draws. I'll tell you where to shove your cute sequence. My fault I suppose, not checking battery level, by press and hold both buttons. Vape and learn

Common complaint and inquiry about on-demand convection vapes -- battery life. It just finished charging from dead in about an hour. Proprietary "fast charging" usb wall plug, a drag that it's proprietary, why not usb C?. Of course I can hear the shouts all the way through the interweb tubes, "I hate vapes with non-replaceable batteries." Being an S&B and Hopper fan, battery issues don't bother me much

Next mission today: Since it's fully charged, I'm gonna vape pots and keep track, see how long battery lasts. Will report back

Edit: Stoned designer had an Ah-Ha O-Ring moment?

Tafee-stir-pick-tool-in-puck.jpg

There are four deeply inset screw holes. So, suppose I could open it and ... stupid is as stupid does

It's a stir/pick tool. I don't stir, but this vape is very easy and safe to stir. The stem can stand on its own after pulling from puck, so you don't need three hands, or can let pot cool for a bit before emptying

They're creating a concentrate Pot system, and it could serve as a dab tool. Then again, wouldn't want to shove a sticky dab tool down a screw hole, unless you never want to unscrew that poor screw. I think most of us have wanted to unscrew a screw. Alternately, could keep the pick tool in top chamber of acrylic Potter

I like spinning an S&B brush between fingers to clean pot screen and edges. Cotton swabbing any resin or debris from walls of warm pot will certainly delay the inevitable staining

Mission update:

Each mark represents a ten second draw

Arbitrarily chose session method of four 10 sec draws at level 2, then four at level 3

Tafee-tally-sheet.jpg

Last draw of each session was pretty worthless

Close to five pots per charge

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Oh man....this vape has my name written all over it! I don't wonder about the utility of the cup.........I know exactly how it'll fit in my life.

Every night for the last er, um, decade or so :rolleyes: the wife and I have had a vodka and cranberry along with some flower. We developed this ritual long before we found vaping. My biggest problem is I'm gonna have to have two or fight the wife for it.

It's an on-demand vape, vodka and cranberry dispenser! I may cry.....

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I have a hard time taking this one seriously 😒 the cup seems a little gimmicky and reading not to use hot beverages but in the video they make tea? Some sort of double walled glass would be better I think. But the usage pictures are intriguing and the specks sound good on paper 📝 but that cup has me concerned, wouldn't really cold drinks be bad for condensation dripping down onto the vape? The whole liquids and electronics has my klutzy nature thinking this isn't the vape for me. But it does have a certain appeal and is very unique too........ I'm conflicted on this one but if it rocks your socks off :rockon: more power to you ⚡

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
It's amazing how perfectly the form and functionality would fit my lifestyle. I never really thought about it till now but I do tend to have something to drink when I vape. At night it would be wine, beer or vodka/cranberry. Before it's 5 o'clock somewhere it would be water or ice tea while working on something, out by the pool or after a workout. Definitely an around the house vape for me.

BUT.....The important thing to me is how it vapes. If it's truly on demand and hits well and the battery life can last as long as a couple glasses of something after dinner....then the glass is added value for what I do.

I was only half kidding about needing two units though. No way my wife is going to watch me out by the pool with this thing before wanting one too. Could get a bit pricey.

ChooChooCharlie

I have a hard time taking this one seriously 😒 the cup seems a little gimmicky and reading not to use hot beverages but in the video they make tea? Some sort of double walled glass would be better I think. But the usage pictures are intriguing and the specks sound good on paper 📝 but that cup has me concerned, wouldn't really cold drinks be bad for condensation dripping down onto the vape? The whole liquids and electronics has my klutzy nature thinking this isn't the vape for me. But it does have a certain appeal and is very unique too........ I'm conflicted on this one but if it rocks your socks off :rockon: more power to you ⚡

for you, @Bad Dog , no cup needed, only a shot glass:rockon::tup:

Tafee-without-cup.jpg

Can grip it like that, or hold it under in palm, leaving air inlet port free

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Just how big are the pots? What is the load size? Can you pack it less than full? I’m something of a micro doser and prefer finishing a small bowl rather than coming back to something half vaped.

djelibebbi

AKA djelimon, but lost the email
I thought the idea was to have some sort of flavoured bong. Still, if I was a rich man and had a shit tonne of weed, and we didn't have rona, they'd make pretty cool party favours for guests... Come on in, have your weed and/or drink. Might need a few pint ones though

namasteIII

Man whys the vape @stickstones says is the best convection portable have to have a cup attached to it? I'm all for hydration and I've been keeping a cup at arms reach for most of my life, sometimes 2 cups if I want tea and water. I just have no desire for my cup to also be my vape, I honestly see only negatives with that. Well, maybe if I only had 1 arm I might be pretty interested.

It's cool of them to say fuck it to form factor lets just make the best vape, but I feel like they should have just stoped there and not let their passion for hydration effect the design so much.

I guess we've accepted plenty of shit designs and other things in the quest for good vapor, so this really isn't too different.

Let me see a video of someone taking a hit and a sip at the same time though.

guyonthecouch

Man whys the vape @stickstones says is the best convection portable have to have a cup attached to it? I'm all for hydration and I've been keeping a cup at arms reach for most of my life, sometimes 2 cups if I want tea and water. I just have no desire for my cup to also be my vape, I honestly see only negatives with that. Well, maybe if I only had 1 arm I might be pretty interested.

It's cool of them to say fuck it to form factor lets just make the best vape, but I feel like they should have just stoped there and not let their passion for hydration effect the design so much.

I guess we've accepted plenty of shit designs and other things in the quest for good vapor, so this really isn't too different.

Let me see a video of someone taking a hit and a sip at the same time though.
The cup is an accessory, the Bowle can be used without the cup. The cup is not required for the vape to function. You can see @ChooChooCharlie using his Bowle with no cup attached in the pic in his last post. The cup is a bonus :tup:

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think I saw some earlier marketing with the hot tea...not sure if that's still up or not. After I beat up my glass and heard it crack from heat, I started only using hot drinks after a transfer. So, I steep my tea in another cup, then transfer to the Bowle to relax into it. Same with the hot chocolate...nuke it in another cup, then transfer to this one. This will need to get addressed at some point down the road.

ChooChooCharlie

Just how big are the pots? What is the load size? Can you pack it less than full? I’m something of a micro doser and prefer finishing a small bowl rather than coming back to something half vaped.
Any amount is OK. Used their funnel this time, so this would be typical "loose" pack I suppose

Tafee-weight-group.jpg

Can also just sprinkle tiny amount for one hit.

Clever top-down heat flow, so no spacers, pads, screens or other nonsense needed for micro dosing

Top Bottom