Tafée Bowle

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I did a test/review using my vodka/cranberry/tart cherry juice. The cherry juice makes the drink really dark but I found that I could see the lights from the side of the cup. I couldn't see the lights from the top because of all the ice.....see link below for pics....it's doable but haptic feedback is a much more comfortable approach!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
if you put something besides water in the cup, like lemonade, the lights can be pretty hard to read, especially outside in direct sunlight.
: I know that after just one second the Bowle is ready, either with press and release or press and hold.
Of course this doesn't apply to temp changes where you need to visually check. :-)
Had a full glass of Pepsi the other day, couldn't see through it till the glass was half empty. Managed to muddle through my session but another problem with not being able to see the lights is not knowing when it's asleep and needs a press to wake up if you want to do the draw detect hit, so if you go for a hit and click to heat but it's asleep you won't get your hit and if you click to wake it up and it already is it begins heating before your ready. Instead of such small dim LEDs I wish they used something a little brighter with rectangular lenses that reach the outside edge of the puck as well as being able to see from above. That way you wouldn't need two sets of lights

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Damn my eyes for reading this thread! Damn that they are temporarily out of the larger size! The VAS is strong in me, however, and a shorty Bowle will be winging its way shortly. I wonder if a replacement stem can be had of either size? No matter. While drinking vessel size is immaterial for me, stem length may be material. I'm sure I'll find a way to lengthen it.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Did the same test with chocolate milk, I couldn't see no light :lol:
I’ll have what he’s having. Maybe with ice :)

Still on the fence about getting this vape. The vape mail issue above may hasten my decision. That and a touch of VAS-19 has me wanting to buy a new vape and haven’t bought one since September ‘20 (a Hopper IO). The cup thing still oddly intrigues me but it’d be more of a novelty for me. I like taking a few quick draws and then go on my merry way. Also my cat has been known to knock over semi full cups of beverages, not to mention my previous glass rig which broke, so the cup thing is still iffy at best. And the price is still a bit higher than I’d like to pay but I could pull the trigger any time. Unless I win a P80 lottery which I doubt will happen. And tall cups may be out of stock too for a bit. Of conundrums and quandaries... :peace:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Damn my eyes for reading this thread! Damn that they are temporarily out of the larger size! The VAS is strong in me, however, and a shorty Bowle will be winging its way shortly. I wonder if a replacement stem can be had of either size? No matter. While drinking vessel size is immaterial for me, stem length may be material. I'm sure I'll find a way to lengthen it.
If/When Tafee sells the stems and glasses separately the large stems/cups will fit your puck. There is little difference in terms of cooling or functionality between the long and short stems.

Still on the fence about getting this vape. The vape mail issue above may hasten my decision. That and a touch of VAS-19 has me wanting to buy a new vape and haven’t bought one since September ‘20 (a Hopper IO). The cup thing still oddly intrigues me but it’d be more of a novelty for me. I like taking a few quick draws and then go on my merry way. Also my cat has been known to knock over semi full cups of beverages, not to mention my previous glass rig which broke, so the cup thing is still iffy at best. And the price is still a bit higher than I’d like to pay but I could pull the trigger any time. Unless I win a P80 lottery which I doubt will happen. And tall cups may be out of stock too for a bit. Of conundrums and quandaries... :peace:
The Bowle is perfect for quick hits. It's common for me to get an initial 'baseline' buzz by doing 4 draws and then maintaining that baseline by taking two quick hits every now and then. This is kinda my "we've got company who I don't want to vape in front of" approach. It takes no time at all to run into a room and get those two hits out of the way.

The cup is acrylic, not glass, and sits firmly and waterproof on top of the puck. Since the puck has a nice weight to it and the cup sits on top of that weightiness - your cat might end up disappointed while trying to knock the glass over if the glass is semi-full. On the other hand if your cat would enjoy one of those inflatable boppers that you hit, it touches the floor and comes back up.....I got nuttin.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm sure I'll find a way to lengthen it.
You may like the shorter stem.
I have used both, and I prefer the short one, but I was hard pressed to tell the difference.
but it’d be more of a novelty for me.
The Tafée Bowle has become much more than a novelty for me personally. It has taken a very important place in my rotation!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Since the puck has a nice weight to it and the cup sits on top of that weightiness - your cat might end up disappointed while trying to knock the glass over if the glass is semi-full
He’s a cat-dog, large and persistent too. With the weight of the puck however it might mitigate the situation but I’d definitely be careful around him and try to place it out of his reach.

The Tafée Bowle has become much more than a novelty for me personally. It has taken a very important place in my rotation!
Secretly that’s what I’d hope for too. I don’t have a vast vape collection nor do I want one. We’ll see.

I put the cup in a closet and haven't looked for it once.
I hope the cup comes out, lol. My fear is I’d do the same thing.

says the guy dealing with kidney stones. you should be drinking water from anything you can hold including your vape. lol
Drinks LOTS of water!! You can’t drink enough (except the poor soul from the Seattle area who died a few years ago on whim from the radio station - true story). Water is 98% of my liquid intake; vaping is 100% cannabis intake for the last 7-8 years after combusting for over 30 years. Ok, edibles on occasion can’t be ruled out. While I’d be hypocritical to never say never (I’m a lifelong rec user) I loathe the idea of combusting these days. TGIF to all. :peace:

Texus

So once taxes and shipping adjustments are taken into account, to order from Vapefiend to the U.S. for those looking for the 400 ml and feeling impatient comes to $422. So a $50 premium. That 41 Pounds for shipping is about $15 more than what I paid for shipping my much heavier Vapbong from Germany.

Smknbud

I caved this morning also and I ordered the 250 Ml version. You'll get your wish because Taffee will indeed have the longer stem and/or glassware available at some point per their response to me, just don't go looking tomorrow.

@Toivarita I'm also in upstate NY....sure hope the trip from Toronto isn't that long

Toivarita

999 Forever
I caved this morning also and I ordered the 250 Ml version. You'll get your wish because Taffee will indeed have the longer stem and/or glassware available at some point per their response to me, just don't go looking tomorrow.
Yea I assumed so. I just don’t want to have to spend lots more on it to get the same performance with a bigger cup. I drink lots of water so big cups are great for me.

staircase slight of hand

The difference in price before when the option to buy with/without Drinkware was $79 if I remember correctly.
$70... which is a ridiculous amount for a plastic cup, so I’m curious about what the a la carte pricing ends up looking like. To me, $70 would seem like a good deal for a cup that came with the matching stem.

Toivarita

999 Forever
$70... which is a ridiculous amount for a plastic cup, so I’m curious about what the a la carte pricing ends up looking like. To me, $70 would seem like a good deal for a cup that came with the matching stem.
I wonder if that will even be an option with the upcoming vape ban in the mail. I do not see the option to purchase without the drink-ware at the moment.

Top Bottom