Tafée Bowle

staircase slight of hand

Since the medically rated ones won't have pass-through charging, is that looking like it will be an option that the user will have the discretion to turn back on? (presumably at the detriment of your own warranty) Or will it not be re-enable-able on those units?
Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Sn4Pz

The TB supports "Pass Through" but like others have said, its only when the battery can support the bowles heater.

What I heard was that in the medically certified versions of the tafee bowle, there will be no ability to use this "pass-through". Presumably to 'favor safety' or something like that.

What I'm wondering is if that pass-through ability is going to be blocked by software or hardware, and if (you guys think) its able to be "fixed".

I guess there's no reason to do it, I would just like to buy one of the medically certified ones when they release, and I want both bowles to behave the same.

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

What I heard was that in the medically certified versions of the tafee bowle
Ok, back to confused-dog-time: what medically-certified version??? You’re talking about things that haven’t been mentioned in this thread, or any other one that I’m aware of. It’s not info that appears on the Tafée site or any of their social media. So, this thing that you heard: where did you hear it? And from who? And what exactly were you told?

Sn4Pz

Ok, back to confused-dog-time: what medically-certified version??? You’re talking about things that haven’t been mentioned in this thread, or any other one that I’m aware of. It’s not info that appears on the Tafée site or any of their social media. So, this thing that you heard: where did you hear it? And from who? And what exactly were you told?
Link 1:
1:01:20 - 1:01:45

Link 2:
9:20 - 10:02

:shrug:

Last edited:

RxPlorer

Well my second puck (a replacement) has died with no apparent cause. Took 1 pull at level 1 in a fresh charge, then left it on standby. An hour later I pick it up, and there are no LEDs at all. Can’t turn it back on, no charge indicators, can’t reset. Damn! I fiddled with it for a long time, and once in a while I’ll get a nightrider-style LED sequence then the LEDs disappear again. This sequence happens only when plugged into charge; and only when the fire button is pressed sort of on the lower right side. Def not a charging issue, had a full charge just before my 1 successful draw.

so 2 puck failures in about a month’s worth of extremely light use (1 faulty battery, and 1 ????). I hope this is an outlier.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The TB supports "Pass Through" but like others have said, its only when the battery can support the bowles heater.

No, it is not pass through, pass through allows it to run off wallpower without using the battery (that's what it means to pass through) which would require a special AC adapter... What the Bowle offers, is the ability to be used while charging, which requires a base charge since it is still running off the battery not the wall power... This is useful in an emergency situation, but is not necessarily recommended in general, it could put further strain on the battery, you trying to use it when it is not high enough and keeps trying to recharge... Better to just plug it in for a few minutes before you use it and then after in my mind... And yeah no news about medically certified, but if it exists eventually then that is going to be a pretty meaningless certification anyway...

Sn4Pz

No, it is not passed through, passed through allows it to run off wallpower without using the battery (that's what it means to pass through) which would require a special AC adapter... What the Bowle offers, is the ability to be used while charging, which requires a base charge since it is still running off the battery not the wall power... This is useful in an emergency situation, but is not necessarily recommended in general, it could put further strain on the battery, you trying to use it when it is not high enough and keeps trying to recharge... Better to just plug it in for a few minutes before you use it and then after in my mind... And yeah no news about medically certified, but if it exists eventually then that is going to be a pretty meaningless certification anyway honestly...
Hence my " 's :p

It's like PassThrough-Lite lol

Shame not many vapes offer it since it's such a nice feature...

dimmusp

Thanks for the hint, I just checked and this is how it works indeed.
What they seem to do is remove the 20% UK VAT (this must've been part of the Brexit deal I guess), and then the price drops to 300 EUR or so. After that, you may have to pay for your country taxes/customs fees but it is still a fair deal.
But in other European countries the VAT is ~20%, so after it goes through customs you'd still pay at least €300 + 20% = €360 (assuming they don't charge you tariffs since the Bowle is not made the UK nor the EU).

Sn4Pz

To potter or not to potter...

And then I still have to decide on metal or plastic :\

Hopefully I get a metal one, but if not does anyone else have an extra that I can buy? One of you guys with 3/4+ bowles lol :lol:

Sn4Pz

Plastic potter comes free with orders in north america...... Maybe everywhere if you buy direct?
Yeah, I was just referring to my internal debate over keeping the plastic or upgrading to the metal :)

I'll buy the metal Potter directly if need be but if possible I'd rather save a few bucks and relieve someone of an extra they no longer need :2c:

Sn4Pz,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I only have the plastic and as of yet to use it successfully, always under filled or two much and it makes a mess when I open it. If you use the correct amount of bud to grind it's probably pretty convenient but I just seem to fail and usually scoop from the grinder

BubbleDrop

But in other European countries the VAT is ~20%, so after it goes through customs you'd still pay at least €300 + 20% = €360 (assuming they don't charge you tariffs since the Bowle is not made the UK nor the EU).
Yes and that's still fair, as the shop from Germany (Verdampftnochmal) is charging 369 € I think.
In the end ordering from Vapefiend or from that shop should be quite similar in terms of costs.

BubbleDrop,

RxPlorer

Does anybody know if the battery lockout recovery procedure is supposed to show any LED feedback? Tafée suspect my puck is in lockout mode, but they didn’t mention what feedback I could expect in the five hour process.

RxPlorer,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

ChooChooCharlie

@EnemyLemon -
Tested a reset on my unit for you, to see the light behavior upon waking

The only way to wake it is to plug in the charger

As soon as you do, the lights indicate charging as usual. The unit is fully awake now

If you don't see the normal charging lights, unplug and replug, try a different outlet, and ensure you are using the Tafée charger and cable

For any other readers, their online PDF user manual is a lot better than the quick start guide. Several pages of troubleshooting tips included

Bad Dog

Another evening another pot in the Bowle?!? But it's really a cup?!? Aromatherapy device , made by a company called tafée which in french means nothing?!? Confused? I know I am! But enough about the sixth split personality the other five don't know about! Let's talk vapes! And since this is the tafée bowle thread I guess I better talk about that?!? Even though I have a hell of a anecdote about a tinymight a manatee and a disheveled bishop, I have better better stick to the vape at hand the bowle, less I be chastised by the power's that be!

Temp stepping is a utter delight and I don't think I had such even dosed hits outside a session vape past the warm up part and before vapor dies , right in the heart of it at one set temperature, when every hit feels the same, if that makes any sense. The Bowle just has this precision of hits until vapor stops inevitably and you step up and it totally delivers again!!! Amazing! Though it can be fun putting in a fresh pot and starting at level 4 and going for a white knuckle ride into vapor town, weather conditions low hanging clouds and dense fog that can roll in any second of the day 😉

I'm splitting duties pretty easily between the bowle and my tinymight, even though I am still honeymooning I don't see myself not keeping that up even when the honeymoon is over 🤔 savouring a larger bowl in the Bowle has become a very welcome part of my day. The tinymight will remain my biggest\hardest hit when I want to medicate in a hurry but the Bowle is for when I really want to enjoy vaping and the ritual of my cannabis use. The Bowle is not my middle of the night medicator for a couple of reasons first is bowl size and yes I know I don't have to go with a full pot and I could scale whatever else before hand but my old brain just doesn't work that way and yes I know I'd only have the do it a couple of times before I could eyeball it.... But get off my back jack! Second is its just a little to slow even at 4 and those kind of hits would likely make me cough being half asleep and not exactly prepared for that. So the tinymight will continue to fullfil it's purpose and the Bowle has purposes of its own, namely decadent indulgence. Excuse me while I kiss the sky :rockon:

RxPlorer

Thanks, @ChooChooCharlie!

This low battery lockout is apparently not the same as the reset. I’ve done the reset before. From Tafée’s support:
We believe your Puck may have entered a low battery lockout mode.
It is possible to wake it up from this state and we would like to try to help you do this.

To do this kindly follow these steps;

1. Plug the Puck Base Unit in to charge (You must use the supplied charger and cable)
2. After 15 seconds, unplug it the Puck, wait 10 seconds and then plug it back in to the charger.
3. Leave the Puck connected to charge for at least 5 hours. This should allow It to trickle charge until the protocols to begin fast charge can begin to complete a reset charge cycle.
IMPORTANT: Do not interact with the device at all for the duration of the charge. If you attempt to and fire the device, it will enter into the low battery lockout again and you must restart the entire procedure.

Do kindly let us know if you need further clarity.
We look forward to your feedback after completing the steps advised.

I’m about 4 hours into the process so far. ⏳⏳Hopefully it works, but I don’t see why it would have gone into a low battery lockout when it was almost fully charged.

justcametomind

I think one issue of this vaporizer we never talked about is its puck size, too small with no hollow space. If you drop it from a kitchen table a (micro) dislodgement of the heater can happen and thus you start getting hotspots on the pots. This is what happened to me, after dropping it, it started to hotspot. The housing imho is too tight to the internals and it questions the whole thing of considering the device as kitchen ware, more like a very fragile electronic device to be used with extreme care. I may be elegible for a new puck but imho this is a design flaw to be addressed asap. I don't want it the size of a Volcano, but at least to make it capable of absorbing the odd fall from less than 1mt high, from the kitchen table where it's said to belong.

Last edited:

RxPlorer

So, is there any chance today is a Canadian holiday?? While Tafée was very responsive yesterday, I’ve been ghosted today after reporting that the battery lockout recovery did not restore my puck to working order. :hmm:

Edit: false alarm! Just got a response, new puck should arrive tomorrow!!

Bad Dog

So, is there any chance today is a Canadian holiday?? While Tafée was very responsive yesterday, I’ve been ghosted today after reporting that the battery lockout recovery did not restore my puck to working order. :hmm:

Edit: false alarm! Just got a response, new puck should arrive tomorrow!!
Nope that was last Monday, and that's no joke 😅 quite a few of my emails from them came After 6 pm, don't be surprised if you get a email with a tracking number tonight. Toronto is the same time zone as New York

Edit: just saw your edit, tafée takes care of their clients. Congrats

Texus

For those of you looking for the 400 mL Bowle, Planet of the Vapes just got them in. Plus you get $15 credit, a weed container and the Sezzle (4 payments with 0% interest) option from them. Good stuff, and big fan of Jerry from @PlanetOfTheVapes . His and Troy's videos and live sessions have been super educational for me.

UPDATE: There is also now a review from Jerry on the site too:

Last edited:

kimura

man, I just keep reaching for this thing! I have been playing with smaller and smaller loads and getting great results. this thing is an incredible microdoser. great vape!

I am a little obsessive so I actually like to stir when it's convenient (at home). but it's not necessary with small loads

I did show it to a few non-vaporizer-obsessed people, and they all thought it was a really cool idea. not one person said it was weird, or accused the cup of being pointless :lol: so that's fun

Top Bottom