Tafée Bowle

Pistol Pete

Well unfortunately my Bowle is not working properly. I've done the reset twice and still having little to no vaper even on 4 or 5. 4 being my go to #. In the past I hit it on 2 and had vaper. I checked the o-ring seal and it's good. My main concern is that it cuts off way to early, no matter how I hit it. S/N 001JA019
I'm going to contact Tafee and see what they say. In the meantime I use my Tinymight 2 and also use my Legecy Pro on demand mode.

Vaponatic

Sad to say that I've also encountered an issue with my V2.

All was well for the first week, but in a seemingly random turn of events my Bowle developed a fairly strong smell/taste of burning electronics.
I've sent the unit in to Vapefiend for inspection as I didn't feel comfortable using the device due to potential negative health effects, nor did I want to exacerbate the issue.

I'm currently awaiting their response, but I'm debating asking for a refund in case there are more widespread problems with the initial batches.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sad to say that I've also encountered an issue with my V2.

Also? I don't recall anyone here having issue with the V2?
More widespread problems? I don't understand the basis for that concern.
Sorry you are having an issue, but I believe you can get a replacement, eh?

vapviking,

Vaponatic

Also? I don't recall anyone here having issue with the V2?
More widespread problems? I don't understand the basis for that concern.
Sorry you are having an issue, but I believe you can get a replacement, eh?
It was in response to the comment above mine, which I believe is regarding a V2 (based on the serial number mentioned).

Vapefiend confirmed the fault this morning and a replacement puck will be with me tomorrow! I'm a big fan of the Bowle, so I'm hopeful the new one won't have any issues. As an early adopter of the Series 2, I'm just a bit wary of any teething problems that may arise.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It was in response to the comment above mine, which I believe is regarding a V2 (based on the serial number mentioned).

Vapefiend confirmed the fault this morning and a replacement puck will be with me tomorrow! I'm a big fan of the Bowle, so I'm hopeful the new one won't have any issues. As an early adopter of the Series 2, I'm just a bit wary of any teething issues that may arise.
Yes, you're right. Also said he was hitting on "4 or 5"...

Dr. G

Old Resident
My Bowle is not working at all....because I don't have one. How did I miss a sale on their website...I look almost everyday. I also have signed up a million times for their emails...I did not get one email saying to me they were in stock...so, my question. Did the Bowle go on sale on their site? Do all of you with the new Bowle get it only from Vapefiend?

Dr. G,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My Bowle is not working at all....because I don't have one. How did I miss a sale on their website...I look almost everyday. I also have signed up a million times for their emails...I did not get one email saying to me they were in stock...so, my question. Did the Bowle go on sale on their site? Do all of you with the new Bowle get it only from Vapefiend?
As I said yestrday, the Notify Me email was not sent, at least not to me or you!
Yes, Bowle II was on the Tafee site, both batches.
Pay attention to this thread, it is as reliable and about as timely as anything else re; the Bowle's happenings.

Dr. G

Old Resident
As I said yestrday, the Notify Me email was not sent, at least not to me or you!
Yes, Bowle II was on the Tafee site, both batches.
Pay attention to this thread, it is as reliable and about as timely as anything else re; the Bowle's happenings.
When you say both batches...what does that mean please? Also, thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Dr. G,

imor jones

Ah...what happend to my tafee bowle grinder Version 1.
I havent used the grinder (potter) since a long time. And it was pretty dirty. So i wanted to clean it with iso today. It was not exposed to the iso for a long time. But the black plastic and everything totaly turned white. Like almost desolved. I have seen something like this before. I can throw it away now.
I would post a picture.
But i guess that this phenomenon is known. And it seems it is not allowed to clean the Potter with iso!?

imor jones,
  • Wow
Reactions: Dr. G

ezpz

Ah...what happend to my tafee bowle grinder Version 1.
I havent used the grinder (potter) since a long time. And it was pretty dirty. So i wanted to clean it with iso today. It was not exposed to the iso for a long time. But the black plastic and everything totaly turned white. Like almost desolved. I have seen something like this before. I can throw it away now.
I would post a picture.
But i guess that this phenomenon is known. And it seems it is not allowed to clean the Potter with iso!?
This happened to me before, but I posted it in the wrong thread.
Wait…… I thought you shouldn’t use iso with plastic. I cleaned my plastic potter (Bowle) with iso and it got fucked up (black potter turned white). So I haven’t been cleaning my POM.

ezpz,

staircase slight of hand

Yep, it’s acrylic, just like the glassware. As such, iso is definitely on the “no” list. Hot water and dish soap should do fine; if that’s not enough to get the job done I’d try powdered brewery wash.

Top Bottom