Tafée Bowle companion vape

GoldenBud

Yeah always bewildering to see the vapcap love, especially when praised for flavor, to each their own though! My OG is a novelty
because even new vaporists can heat the vapcap until the material is 100% dark ABV non-combusted, with the 100% convection devices you have a risk of combustion (as you know ofc) if you inhale too slow, it has SOME kind of "satefy" mechanism with the click...

GoldenBud,

Two Heads

This has been an interesting process and I'm learning a lot. Many thanks to everyone who has chipped in so far. I guess I'm still leaning towards a TinyMight. (By the way Shit Snacks, sorry for my ignorance, but what's a WPA?)

I ended up watching a bunch of Troy's videos, as much for the entertainment value as anything (!), and feel like I have a new appreciation for my Bowle. I'm trying it Troy-style. No more stepping, just straight to setting #4 and big draws to finish a bowl (I refuse to call them pots) in 3-4 draws. This way I'm getting high faster, which has always been a complaint of mine about vaping. I remember a video where Jerry lamented about the Arizer Solo "Why does it take so long to get high?" - exactly! But high temp big hits on the Bowle does the job pretty nicely and I can confirm what Troy said - it's more efficient battery-wise.

Still not a solution for camping or being on the road, hence the search for a second vape. I realize most of you have a larger collection than that but, hey, I'm just getting started!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
If the companion vape criteria is that it should be an opposite attracts kind of thing but still needs to be good.....I'd go with an OG Arizer Solo.

Some might say that the Solo is old tech but it still ends up in my top performing vapes. Especially paired with my D020 bubbler. I can usually find them on sale somewhere around $100.

His_Highness,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If the companion vape criteria is that it should be an opposite attracts kind of thing but still needs to be good.....I'd go with an OG Arizer Solo.

Some might say that the Solo is old tech but it still ends up in my top performing vapes. Especially paired with my D020 bubbler. I can usually find them on sale somewhere around $100.

Well they don't want the mighty because it's slow, the solo makes no sense in this context lol

@Two Heads Yeah the TM really rips through water, but like I said it's also really great to just use it with dry glass pieces like a J hook, great flavor without the cooling unit...

@GoldenBud Fair enough, although I don't really agree, it's not hard to take herbs super dark with pure convection and not risk combustion (hello temp regulation)... Also it's totally possible to combust in a vapcap... And I think I was specifically mentioning flavor too, which is not at all part of the equation when you are taking the herbs black ;) Yeah to each their own, I just find it to be a more tedious less rewarding vape personally is all!

GoldenBud

And I think I was specifically mentioning flavor too, which is not at all part of the equation when you are taking the herbs black ;) Yeah to each their own, I just find it to be a more tedious less rewarding vape personally is all!
the flavor of the vapcap is also a problem yeah according to 100% convection devices which really deliver the strong terpey tastes.... i agreee
edit: @Shit Snacks I meant that if you use TM on 10 on the dial, if you inhale too slow, you can combust right? so when X recommends to Y to buy TM he needs "to explain" etc'.. .like I'm trying to understand how people recommend the vapcap so blindfully, maybe because it's easier to explain etc?
intiutive?

MinnBobber

Thank Bad Dog. Before I made the switch to vaping I was waterpipe all the way so I think I'd like this at home. And not possible with the Bowle.

I often use my Bowle thru a water piece with one of my @Delta3DStudios silicone adapters.
You have to pinch the connection point with one hand due to the stem shape but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do… to run thru water.

I also make paper teabag filters so my Bowle screen never needs cleaning/ keeps the ABV dust out of the stem.

Fun to play around with Bowle mods.

Attachments

• B3FE8376-4E75-46EC-8EE0-1FEF4D1CF239.jpeg
    B3FE8376-4E75-46EC-8EE0-1FEF4D1CF239.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 6

Shit Snacks

the flavor of the vapcap is also a problem yeah according to 100% convection devices which really deliver the strong terpey tastes.... i agreee

Ah yeah but FW7 and Vapman seem a bit more capable in the flavor department, but yeah truly cannot compare to pure convection!

edit: @Shit Snacks I meant that if you use TM on 10 on the dial, if you inhale too slow, you can combust right? so when X recommends to Y to buy TM he needs "to explain" etc'.. .like I'm trying to understand how people recommend the vapcap so blindfully, maybe because it's easier to explain etc?
intiutive?

Oh I see, I literally never turn my TM that high, I get full extractions below six on my newer one or eight on my older one lol but no it really depends, like I think the capability to combust in the pure convection vapes is just as possible with a vapcap or brick, right? Like it depends on the user ultimately, what people like about all these vapes I guess is that they are capable of combusting so they can really get a full extraction even if you stick to low temp extraction...?

Vapcap appeal is also largely the simplicity and modularity I believe, but yeah vapor quality and for me the use style with a torch, just ruins the experience? lol the small size too I find to be a negative in this case though it does make it extremely portable!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Farid

I think the reason people speak highly of the VC's flavor is that the bowl is small. With a loose pack you can finish a bowl in one heat cycle, effectively making every hit green. I agree the first hit of a convection vape is superior in flavor, but not the second. So unless the bowl is small enough to kill in one hit (like with say - a log) I don't think it necessarily beats the VC in flavor.

But I don't think flavor is the main selling point either. I think the instant dense vapor is where it shines. That and the ability to heat and pass, effectively allowing a new user to hit it with no combustion risk. No explaining special draw techniques, no accidental combustion ruining the sesh (so long as the person heating is experienced)

Shit Snacks

I think the reason people speak highly of the VC's flavor is that the bowl is small. With a loose pack you can finish a bowl in one heat cycle, effectively making every hit green. I agree the first hit of a convection vape is superior in flavor, but not the second. So unless the bowl is small enough to kill in one hit (like with say - a log) I don't think it necessarily beats the VC in flavor.

But I don't think flavor is the main selling point either. I think the instant dense vapor is where it shines. That and the ability to heat and pass, effectively allowing a new user to hit it with no combustion risk. No explaining special draw techniques, no accidental combustion ruining the sesh (so long as the person heating is experienced)

I think this is even better with a convection vape though, I do one hitter bowls all the time. You can load the same amount at the edge of a male to male adapter tamped down, much better experience for me at least! Even aside from log vapes ;) :2c:

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I find that the VapCap oxidizes the terpenes before I get to inhale them. that said, it's great for concentrates, and if I want to get high but not too high I'd choose the VapCap...
**I think if you inhale when you heat, like with the iSpire wand, it'll be better. but just a thought!

Shit Snacks

I find that the VapCap oxidizes the terpenes before I get to inhale them. that said, it's great for concentrates, and if I want to get high but not too high I'd choose the VapCap...
**I think if you inhale when you heat, like with the iSpire wand, it'll be better. but just a thought!

Yeah that's the trouble I'm having with my Vapman +Station as well, flaves lost!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I have a crafty plus and a tinymight (and lots of vapcaps).
My take fwiw...
Tinymight for the flavour and clouds. But in my view it needs additional glassware, either a long spiked stem or WPA and hook etc. It this means extra costs and further reduces it's portability. I tend to use mine in house or garden or at friends. Sucking on a long spiked stem does attract glances.
Vapcaps, until I bought an ih were meh to me with a torch. I now have 8 of the fuckers and when used right can give a lovely tasty hard hit. It constantly amazes me. But it requires, imo, an ih, so more money and not so pocketable. I use .one in similar to TM but occasionally in public places).

Wrt the crafty plus (I had 2 mightys before), out of the box you have a very pocketable device requiring no extra parts to use.
I find with lowish temps I can have cool tasty vape. It can handle concentrate just about with a pad.
Perhaps not as tasty as the tinymight through extra stems. Perhaps not as hard hitting as a just right heated vapcap.

But if I'm going to the pub or outdoor restaurant or public place, it's the crafty I take. A few pre loaded caps and I'm good to go.
And I've dropped it multiple times and it still goes. Not sure if my tinymight or ih would survive such a fall.

So to summarize, I think where and how you plan to use your vape are as important as flavour etc. Pointless having a great tasting vape if your situation doesn't allow it to be used frequently....

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
you can do that with any IH
and id say your right

the vapcap has a very distinct and robust signature of very roasty hit, especially after the first hit that is much more akin to smoking, which makes it very effective for transitioning smokers. for me at least appreciation for flavour came later. part of the problem is all these vape reviews who tell you clouds are all that matter, watching them take hits so big that they go into a ten minute coughing fit, then tell you that was so good? no longer my idea of a good time these days. still after my last couple tobacco slips I've regained a appreciation for my Dynavap :love: fucking combustion by any means! and their are many arrows in that quiver!

GoldenBud

you can do that with any IH
and id say your right

the vapcap has a very distinct and robust signature of very roasty hit, especially after the first hit that is much more akin to smoking, which makes it very effective for transitioning smokers. for me at least appreciation for flavour came later. part of the problem is all these vape reviews who tell you clouds are all that matter, watching them take hits so big that they go into a ten minute coughing fit, then tell you that was so good? no longer my idea of a good time these days. still after my last couple tobacco slips I've regained a appreciation for my Dynavap :love: fucking combustion by any means! and their are many arrows in that quiver!
I can't do that with my SJK IH, but yeah, I get the idea :lol: will have to try it somehow to compare!

GoldenBud,
  • Haha
Reactions: Bad Dog
Top Bottom