• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Super Surfer Vaporizer

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Losing too many sales to Volcano, clearly. The 'we do it our own way' uniqueness of that company seems completely gone. They used to do their own thing, and now its just cheap chinese knock-off pens and 'me-too' features instead of pushing the industry forward, but thats just my $.02. Are they merely playing catchup? I used to really back this company, and hard. But...yeah I agree they may have sold out to someone bigger. When you used to see the company at festivals and trade shows, they have for years claimed how dumb bags are, and talked sooooo much trash on Volcano. They espouse the simplicity of their products(and they were right) but this sounds like added features that destroy that simplicity. Now, bags are cool. I must say that LED lights feel like, 'would you like fries with that?'

No, I haven't used it and shouldn't have an opinion. But I just feel that multi-colored LED lights probably don't improve vapor quality. And are they saying that the LED's will make the vape look like that all the time?

If you love your SSV(I know I do) and you have always wanted it to fill balloons just like a Volcano or Extreme Q or ONE or HerbalAire, then 7th Floor just made your day. I hope they rebound from the pens and this proves to up to the same quality as the original.

lwien

Yeah, I'm really disappointed in the direction they're taking. Looks like they want to just appeal to the masses now. To me, they really seemed to have carved out a nice niche for themselves in the market but strictly from a financial point of view, they may have gone as far as they think they could have gone with their current product and business may have dictated that they appeal to a wider base.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

Well, for a split-second i confused the SSV and the LSV, which doesn't matter so much really. But then i read about having a fan inside so now i can only hope Steve's SSV Elev8 won't emulate the worst features offered by his competitors, so to speak...

:peace:

GSR

to be honest, although the rave lights dont mean much to me and will be disabled if i were to ever own this, i think this is pretty interesting. I've wanted a tasty vape, but due to the large amount of people that visit my house frequently i've wanted to use a vape that can handle bags as well. This has the best of both worlds for me. Also, if you read through the reddit, the 7th floor rep says they are

"...developing new whips and configurations in order to allow log-style bowls and efficiency with much smaller loads."

^I'm not a naive child who's going to believe that just because he said this, it means they've created something as efficient as the enano. Its still worth keeping an eye on though...

lwien

And how do we know that that's really a 7th Floor Rep? I've read through most of that thread and the way he constructs his posts, it causes me to have my doubts.

Also, being that you want a multi-mode vape, what has been keeping you from getting either an Extreme Q, HerbalAire or Herbalizer?

Last edited:

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
And how do we know that that's really a 7th Floor Rep? I've read through most of that thread and the way he constructs his posts, it causes me to have my doubts.

Also, being that you want a multi-mode vape, what has been keeping you from getting either an Extreme Q, HerbalAire or Herbalizer?
http://www.reddit.com/r/7thFloor/comments/2az0vr/hey_guys_7th_floor_here/

this one is actually steve from 7th floor: http://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/2dmymg/ask_me_anything_here_at_7th_floor/

Dr. Plutonious

I was a big fan of my old SSV so I'll wait to see this release before making any decisions. If the price is fair, I might pick one up.

I'm thinking about getting a bag vape for social situations with more than 3 people (passing the EVO around with my glass makes me nervous) and this might fit the bill.

Dr. Plutonious,

GSR

Like i said on grasscity, i've always been stuck between the LSV, Enano, and EQ. The LSV was appealing due to its taste, the enano for its efficiency, and the EQ for its multi-mode function (I find it more appealing than the herbalaire, and the herbalizer is too costly for my modest budget DX ).

If this comes out as advertised and at a reasonable price, i'll at the very least have a tasty vape with multi-mode function, which tackles 2 of the 3 main things i want out of a vape.

GSR,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Dimensionally it seems the only change is the super thick base that holds all the now-necessary electronics (the lack of which were the former hallmarks of the SSV, per the owner) the temp knob is no longer custom glass, but looks like they went with the plastic version from the DBV and LSV. All these new parts made in the USA? Still fully rebuildable and serviceable? A screen in the heater cover now to prevent blow-back flame ups? I guess I need to hit the reddit page up and ask some more ?'s

Last edited:
Vapetologist,
Reactions: funkyjunky

lwien

People who are bitching about the led lights....smh....just turn em off if u purchase. If the lights are that big of a turn off there are other threads to peruse :)

Wait a second..........I started this thread with the specific intent to question the use of LED's which to me seems a bit gimmicky, especially from a company like 7th Floor. Are you suggesting that I leave my own thread simply because I don't like a specific feature of a yet to be released vaporizer which is kinda the reason I started this thread in the first place?

Hey, I gotta suggestion. If you really don't want to hear about opinionated negatives on a new vape, than maybe it is you that should either persue another thread or start your own thread stating that it should only contain positive opinions about the vaporizer in question.

Last edited:

MikeInMiami

Just got a newsletter from 7th Floor about this unit (so hopefully they release it soon). I love my SSV, it gave me many years of service before I upgraded to a herbalizer. If this unit performs as well as I hope and doesn't bust the bank I just might have to scoop one up! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Maybe the LEDs have another feature like displaying the relative temp via color? Like low end is green, mid temp is yellow, highest temp is red. Idk I'm just guessing lol

grokit

well-worn member
The led lights are kinda cool imo, they take me back to black lights and lava lamps and hopefully they will also be defeatable as tastes and moods vary. If the balloon mode is good it will be a major step forward, also it would be nice to have a thermostat for temperature stability as part of the new electronics. For myself, a 7th floor (non-vip) fan that owns two ssv's and an lsv, it's about time for some innovative new features.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
The led lights are kinda cool imo

If they place them so they can shine onto your load and/or wand, I think they could be very useful. I hate vaping in the dark because I can't tell when to stir or if the load is browning. Would be nice if they where flexible lights.

As for the new Heater Covers, I wonder if they will go with Ground Glass with some type of metal clip.

I for one can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves.

hoptimum

7th floor have considerable street cred based on their big 3, but unless this one fills bags as well as the Zephyr or Volcano, it's about as interesting to me as their vapor pens, which is to say, not very much.

hoptimum,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

exit

PUMPED (at least hopeful)

People who are bitching about the led lights....smh....just turn em off if u purchase. If the lights are that big of a turn off there are other threads to peruse :)

i feel like if you didn't like the leds then buy a normal SSV but i'm hoping this doesn't end up being a disappointment :/ it could end up being pretty great!

Last edited:
exit,

tuk

Temp indicator will be a nice addition, not really a fan of bag vapes but maybe this feature will make it easier to construct an all glass water path. I hope they've put some thought into how the wand connects to the HC so you can vape a full load without stirring or disconnecting the wand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom