Super Surfer Vaporizer

bestvaping

No problem, yeah this is a shame.

I will make a part to connect like on the image below :

2367.png

By modifying the three small screws by longer lengths, this would easily insert the new part, then it would be enough to add a hose with a diameter as large as possible (to keep a very aerial airflow) to connect from the fan to the new part (a second part will be necessary to connect the tube to the fan).

After reflection is for me the best way to obtain an isolated air path of the components (only the fan plastic will always be in the air path) while keeping all the basic features of the vaporizer.

Sorry but I don't want to vaporize lead or any other unnecessary components.

Is it above all a health tool? this is a medical tool.

In addition, this unit will never pass the CEM test of the European market, a buzzing of the PCB is held during the heating and is it not certifying RoHS?

I will come and post photos and the return of use of the modification.

If a 7th Floor or Elev8 Glass representative passes here, it would be great!

Good health and good vape to all!

bestvaping,

Gnome34

No problem, yeah this is a shame.

I will make a part to connect like on the image below :

2367.png

By modifying the three small screws by longer lengths, this would easily insert the new part, then it would be enough to add a hose with a diameter as large as possible (to keep a very aerial airflow) to connect from the fan to the new part (a second part will be necessary to connect the tube to the fan).

After reflection is for me the best way to obtain an isolated air path of the components (only the fan plastic will always be in the air path) while keeping all the basic features of the vaporizer.

Sorry but I don't want to vaporize lead or any other unnecessary components.

Is it above all a health tool? this is a medical tool.

In addition, this unit will never pass the CEM test of the European market, a buzzing of the PCB is held during the heating and is it not certifying RoHS?

I will come and post photos and the return of use of the modification.

If a 7th Floor or Elev8 Glass representative passes here, it would be great!

Good health and good vape to all!
Does your unit have the tab on the bottom to replace the air filter?

I thought these had isolated air paths. If that is not the case I'm done with both of mine and not recommending this device anymore.

bestvaping

Yes all the versions of the Super Surfer draws the air from the bottom of the unit which passes through all the components specify in my previous messages.

Super Surfer V1 may be better designed because there is no temperature button at the front (and LEDs? not sur?).

ye5d.png

Super Surfer V2:

0bt9.png

You can simply check by unscrewing the two screws here:

n700.png

If you can check and tell me if you have the same thing, it would be great!

Above all, don't forget to unplug your unit before dismantling!

I am also very disappointed with this design, It was a big budget for me, This is why I am looking to improve my unit By obtaining on the isolated air path (with a pipe as on the volcano).

I can't recommend it either, If you want a 7th Floor, rather choose a Silver Surfer which has an isolated air path:

58xf.png

This unit seems half designed to me, as specified in my previous message, it is not very difficult to obtain an isolated air path with a pipe.

If this interests you, I will post the manufacturing files here and the list of modifications to be made to obtain an isolated air path.

It can take time I have several prototype to make and then I have to try all this ..

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Yes all the versions of the Super Surfer draws the air from the bottom of the unit which passes through all the components specify in my previous messages.

Super Surfer V1 may be better designed because there is no temperature button at the front (and LEDs? not sur?).

ye5d.png

Super Surfer V2:

0bt9.png

You can simply check by unscrewing the two screws here:

n700.png

If you can check and tell me if you have the same thing, it would be great!

Above all, don't forget to unplug your unit before dismantling!

I am also very disappointed with this design, It was a big budget for me, This is why I am looking to improve my unit By obtaining on the isolated air path (with a pipe as on the volcano).

I can't recommend it either, If you want a 7th Floor, rather choose a Silver Surfer which has an isolated air path:

58xf.png

This unit seems half designed to me, as specified in my previous message, it is not very difficult to obtain an isolated air path with a pipe.

If this interests you, I will post the manufacturing files here and the list of modifications to be made to obtain an isolated air path.

It can take time I have several prototype to make and then I have to try all this ..
Well, this is concerning. Shelved my Super awhile back, and was thinking there might be mods to update it. This makes me wonder if I should bother. I don't care for the bag feature on the Super. Much prefer the Volcano Hybrid for ease of use and flavor, but even without the fan it would be nice to use it, but only if it were safe.

bestvaping

Yes indeed I do not use it anymore .. I am working a mod to isolate the air path but it is not yet finished .. I will inform here when it is finished if you are interested.

bestvaping,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

chililvr

I feel silly asking, but how do you get a good draw on the SSV without combusting? I have it set at about 370 but when I draw too hard the ceramic rod fades to almost looking off. I asked 7th floor and was told to sip. What could I be missing? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

chililvr,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Yes indeed I do not use it anymore .. I am working a mod to isolate the air path but it is not yet finished .. I will inform here when it is finished if you are interested.
I'm interested. I'll try to get my SSV' into lovable shape instead of dealing with the Super for now.

Madri-Gal,

Allen Ginsbud

I got the baller cover for my Super a few weeks ago and I love it. Functionally it’s barely different from the DIY SSV43 modification, but it’s a little safer and a lot easier to assemble. But pricier.

I used to turn the dial to 12:00 or 1:00, but now it’s between 9:00 and 10:00 (where 6:00 is off). It heats the herb evenly, unlike before. Make sure to get the SuperSV model as it’s not interchangeable with the SilverSV.

Allen Ginsbud,

bestvaping

The Silver has an insulated air path (not great but better), whereas the Super doesn't, if you want to vaporizer glue, harmful substances and other toxic plastics, yes, buy a Super it's made for you .. seriously, for a renowned company like 7thFloor I find this inflicting and very disrespectful to the customer. This vaporizer is really badly designed .. please be careful .. I'm very surprised that most of the well-known reviewers (here or elsewhere) don't mention it. I've contacted Troy to show him all this and get his opinion, and I'm still waiting for his reply... it's all very clear though? It really makes me laugh when I see that this one is sold as 100% glass and insulated .. Yeahhh .. too bad .. I liked the 7thFloor team but this is too much for me sorry .. and all for $400USD ... buy a ceramic heating element for $3USD and make it yourself ...

099t.png

PS: I'm still working on the mod here (It should be completed in three to four months):
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/sssv2-upgrade.53450/

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
Does the fan make any difference in the performance of the baller mod on the super vs the performance of the silver with its equivalent upgrade?

I'm looking at another silver but the slight tweaks the super has with regards to the heater cover, cord location, etc have me interested.

That said I'm planning on going with the ball version of whichever I choose. Looking for my one and done desktop.

Thanks!

BeltedCoyote,
Top Bottom