• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Super Surfer Vaporizer

howie105

My knob has some play in it I thought it might be the cover but it looks like it’s the tiny washer or whatever that’s behind the actual knob. Anyone know how to tighten that tiny thing?

I pulled the knob off of my Surfer and replaced it with one of these.

Gnome34

We are now a few days away from being a 2 Super Surfer household. Sadly I imagine that means there will be a third in a few months....This thing just ticks all of my boxes like nothing else in my lineup.

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
Started trying to use the bags again since I’ve had the device a little while and all the way down (just the dial clicked on) it turns the material black almost/possibly combusting. Anyone else have this problem? When I first got it I was burning every load so I stopped and thought I needed to spend more time with the device but it’s still a problem.
Yup. With the Super Surfer and DDave. The device is clearly a lot hotter than original SSV, but this one is built for concentrates too so I’m sure the temps actually are higher. Plus, the air path in the wand is much bigger than the old one. With DDave, I used it for my EQ, but it causes instant combustion with SSV. So I just found a glass piece on their site with the screen deeper in and it’s long and curved, like a glass wand. great for hands free vape sesh

FractaLSD,
Reactions: arb
Yup. With the Super Surfer and DDave. The device is clearly a lot hotter than original SSV, but this one is built for concentrates too so I’m sure the temps actually are higher. Plus, the air path in the wand is much bigger than the old one. With DDave, I used it for my EQ, but it causes instant combustion with SSV. So I just found a glass piece on their site with the screen deeper in and it’s long and curved, like a glass wand. great for hands free vape sesh
Oh wow! I can’t quite picture it unless you’re talking about the direct draw attachment which is very cool as well

Lavendersage,
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
The wife digs that giant glass direct draw L-hook...........not really a J shape definitely more a L shape.
🕵🏿‍♂

Gnome34

One of our super surfers has a circular hole in the ceramic coating on the heating element. I believe the quartz enhancer rubbed against the element when using the whip handheld, I accidentally would apply pressure into the heating element.

Is it dangerous to use with the bare metal exposed?

Curious if I need to send her in for repair or if I can swap the element myself. I don't know how to solder and am uncomfortable trying it on this device, outside of that I'm good with wiring/electronics.

Gnome34,

howie105

One of our super surfers has a circular hole in the ceramic coating on the heating element. I believe the quartz enhancer rubbed against the element when using the whip handheld, I accidentally would apply pressure into the heating element.

Is it dangerous to use with the bare metal exposed?

Curious if I need to send her in for repair or if I can swap the element myself. I don't know how to solder and am uncomfortable trying it on this device, outside of that I'm good with wiring/electronics.

Curious if I need to send her in for repair or if I can swap the element myself. I don't know how to solder and am uncomfortable trying it on this device, outside of that I'm good with wiring/electronics. ... Easy repair, no soldering you can order the part here.

Gnome34

Curious if I need to send her in for repair or if I can swap the element myself. I don't know how to solder and am uncomfortable trying it on this device, outside of that I'm good with wiring/electronics. ... Easy repair, no soldering you can order the part here.
Thank you Howie, I'm searching for a video tutorial with no luck. My other SSV got roughed up a bit recently and needs shims on the heating rod.

If I can find a video on the heater replacement I will also order some shims and get both my units in good shape again. I've missed using them lately!

Gnome34,
Reactions: Vitolo

androponic

vaped.
Thank you Howie, I'm searching for a video tutorial with no luck. My other SSV got roughed up a bit recently and needs shims on the heating rod.

If I can find a video on the heater replacement I will also order some shims and get both my units in good shape again. I've missed using them lately!
this has the dimmer switch install but the heater replacement is within the scope of this video.
edit: @howie105 posted it when i was posting this one too. sorry for the dupe.

Last edited:

bestvaping

Please help me, my super surfer vaporizer v2 no longer works :cry:

I noticed that the ceramic rod affects the edge of the spherical glass, I pushed it a little further to put it back in place, my SSV is still lighting up, however during heating, a lot of smoke escapes from the center (or the ceramic rod is fixed).

a7c5.png

(red signage indicates where the smoke escapes, It is not the stem that creates smoke but well below)
For fear of breaking the unity I turn it off right away ..

I imagine that a cable or other element must be in contact with the heating element (who therefore creates this smoke)?

I am European and my SSV is no longer guaranteed (moreover it never was not being CE certified).

Anyone here has a similar problem?

what can I do ? Disassemble the unit seems to complicate?

I really need my SSV, I don't know what to do :cry::cry::cry:

Does the manufacturer hang around here?:doh:

Any help is welcome!

howie105

Without pulling, it apart, it would be difficult to tell what is going on. However, I do have a question, does it smell kike burning plastic, shorting electricals or old pot?

bestvaping

I would say that it smells like burned plastic (but perhaps also something else). I will try to disassemble the unit. Is there a disassembly video?

bestvaping

I thought that the air path on this vaporizer was completely isolated, which is not the case .. You can see cables and the fan (A kind of laptop fan) in the air path. I will try to provide some photos of the disassembly. The Silver Surfer Vaporizer is from this point of view better study because the path of steam is better isolated. After seeing this, it no longer inspires me .. What do you think of electric cable and other plastic on the air path? It is scary, I would not have noticed if this problem had not happened. When you notice smoke escaping through the hole or sucking up the steam it gives less confidence. I thought this vaporizer was better designed than that .. I will start to disassembly the unit. I will come back to give news and photos. For the moment I am a little disappointed because if I manage to make it work, it worries me and I will probably no longer dare to use it .. I will make a list of the components that is on the air path and I will see whether it is reasonable or not. Understand me, I love my SSV but after this experience it will make things more complicated for me ..

bestvaping

First of all here is a .gif of my smoke problem:

yt5i.gif

As you can see, smoke escapes from air passage, Here I just turn on the vaporizer to the knock click on so at very low temperature. I turn it off immediately so as not to damage the unit of advantage.

Disassembly is quite simple in fact, just simply remove the two small screws.

yev4.jpeg

407n.jpeg

ljq8.jpeg

However, I don't see a particular problem. No place is blackened or other.

The only thing I have noticed and this piece of tape (sorry I don't know the exact term) that may be the cause?

yzob.png

What do you think ? Can I start the unit the vaporizer dismantle as in the photos or is there any risk?

As you see in the photos, there is much more than glass on the air path on this vaporizer.

@SSV_Steve_Elev8 could you help me?

Last edited:

bestvaping

Here is a list of the components that is on the air path of the Super Surfer Vaporizer (can it really be called that 'Super' ?) :

1) two printed circuit, one for temperature control and the second for the RGB LED (no indication of manufacturing, is it unleaded and other harmful substance?)

2) sealing glue (no indication)

3) many dubious quality electric cable

4) the whole airline of the fan plastic (also a small PCB here integrated)

When I dismantle unity, honestly I didn't believe it .. it feels like a market in Shenzhen ..

How to explain this? Do I have any counterfeit?

Why not add a piping directly from the fan outlet to the input like this?

kict.png

Here we aspire full of completely unnecessary thing.

I still can't believe it .. given the cost (400$) of unity honestly it is anything ..

What does the community think? its safe? :hmm:

bestvaping

I finally have good news, my SSV works 😇

Since this morning has work on and has not released any bizarre smoke or smell ..

I don't know she was the problem, I removed the small adhesive ribbon that was detached (that I showed in the previous pictures) I didn't do anything else.

jlqo.jpeg

fdcx.jpeg

I will try to find a system to isolate the components of the air path, the printed circuit is a problem for me and should not be on the air path.

If you have suggestions, do not hesitate.

Have a good day.

howie105

If you are willing to forgo the forced air, I suspect you could change the heater cover for one meant for a Silver Surfer, then seal up the openings into the interior body of your vape and have a Franken Surfer.

howie105,

bestvaping

Yes it's a good idea, but I would like to keep the ventilation option to inflate balloons (which is still practical).

In addition the Heater Cover of the Silver is not the same as on the Super, It is not the same inheritance diameter.

Here a standard heater cover of a silver (he does not correspond):

8tvc.jpeg

And the difference in diameter with that of the Super:

zspf.jpeg

Last edited:
bestvaping,

howie105

Thank you bestvaping for correcting my error and ignorance, Sadly my memory failed me on my encounter with the Super.

howie105,
Top Bottom