• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Strange Taste Out of Nowhere

CicoVaps

(ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT) So I've been vaping for about a year now. And about a week ago I started realizing when I blew the vape out (from Dynavap and others) that the flavor sticks all over the inside of my mouth and it gets a weird taste and lost very long. Another way to put it, it feels as if the vapor is coating my mouth and it takes up to maybe 3 min or more for the strange flavor to go away. I can still taste the flavor of why it is but the after flavors are all similar. It is not a gross taste but the way it "feels" is kind of uncomfortable and it's just unpleasant. I've never had this problem before. And I don't have any underlying health issues that would cause it, to my understanding. If anyone has any info or can relate please respond. I'm so weirded out. I took a 3 day break and it's still here. Started about a week ago. I usually vape everyday but due to the unpleasantness my brain doesn't even crave it. Opinions ? Facts ? Help! (No I don't see anything different with the inside of my mouth).

CicoVaps,

CicoVaps

Have you had any dietary changes? Taking any supplements or vitamins? Zinc? Zinc in particular can do very weird things to your taste buds.
I haven't been taking anything but I defiantly don't eat as much as I should. Or drink enough water. Could it be a deficiency ? And no @LesPlenty no COVID at all. And btw that usually makes your taste go away. Not stick. Thanks for trying tho. @Improvaper , thank you very much as well sincerely. I appreciate you. I guess I gotta make a trip to the doctor if this doesn't change soon. It's just really odd that nothing else that I eat or drink makes that odd flavor that sticks to the inside of my mouth all over. So weird 😩😵‍💫 I just wanna vape and enjoy it again 😮‍💨😮‍💨

CicoVaps

I just knew it could wreak havoc on your sense of smell/taste and if in the USA it very well could have been covid...for once I was not joking. :2c:
Hope you work it out @CicoVaps as I would not like to be in the same situation.:tup:
For the last time it's not COVID can I just block all these COVID psychos ? Can't stand you ppl. I asked for help.. not BS. I've already said I am not sick in any way if you cannot comprehendo you don't deserve to speak to me. 😁 now take that to a different thread. Thanks. Oh and maybe learn to read and understand what you are reading. Process it, then speak. Now bye.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Does it happen only when you vape ? Maybe if you got old dental fillings or crowns got loose and it is leeching chemical taste from the negative pressure when inhaling. I know this is stupid ,but maybe try an empty bowl and see if you still get that taste .
Also try cleaning your vapes squeeky clean, maybe some hair or synthetic fabric got melted somewhere and contaminated the bowl.,but i see that you have many vapes ,so probably it is not the case if u r getting it with all of them. Do you grind ? Maybe you crushed a seed i there and it oils up your herb . I would clean that too.

passenger

is this thing on?
For the last time it's not COVID can I just block all these COVID psychos ? Can't stand you ppl. I asked for help.. not BS. I've already said I am not sick in any way if you cannot comprehendo you don't deserve to speak to me. 😁 now take that to a different thread. Thanks. Oh and maybe learn to read and understand what you are reading. Process it, then speak. Now bye.
Hey man, that's unfriendly af. @LesPlenty had a point, after all. Maybe take your question elsewhere

WelshBrok

COVID psychos
Can't stand you ppl
if you cannot comprehendo you don't deserve to speak to me.
Oh and maybe learn to read and understand what you are reading. Process it, then speak. Now bye.
In the spirit of the original post:
(ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT)
Perhaps this new mouth encompassing taste that won’t go away is a consequence of how far you’ve managed to get your head up your own arsehole.

CicoVaps

Does it happen only when you vape ? Maybe if you got old dental fillings or crowns got loose and it is leeching chemical taste from the negative pressure when inhaling. I know this is stupid ,but maybe try an empty bowl and see if you still get that taste .
Also try cleaning your vapes squeeky clean, maybe some hair or synthetic fabric got melted somewhere and contaminated the bowl.,but i see that you have many vapes ,so probably it is not the case if u r getting it with all of them. Do you grind ? Maybe you crushed a seed i there and it oils up your herb . I would clean that too.
I've tried everything even got new flower clean bowl. The "odd taste" is less with concentrates but still there. It is a total mystery. ): I was hoping there was at least one other person that had it happen so I didn't need to go see a doctor. Thanks to the people who actually shared intellect and didn't just say "COVID" like my 10 y/o brother. If anyone else sees this and can help. I'd really appreciate it.

@Abysmal Vapor yes only vape. Don't notice it at any other time.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Peeps can get covid and not even know they have it or may just have some weird side effect like taste or smell loss...sorry we all aren't as knowledgeable on health problems as you had hoped but responding like a dick is not called for.

CicoVaps

Yup, Cico... definitely go get a COVID test!

Why not cross that off the potential list of issues? Its kinda a big deal and considering how easy it is to check, only a complete fucking fool would dismiss/refu

Why do you people not read. Everyone bitching about Covid....You are what's wrong with the world. I've already confirmed that I don't have it so maybe if you weren't all brainwashed into thinking about it constantly and you could think for yourselves you would've realized that. (: Please read the full discussion before speaking the same nonsense over and over. YES ITS ANNOYING. Lol. Anybody would be annoyed after hearing it five times in confirming that I don't have it the first time. Seriously what is wrong with you people do you just like drama? Grow up. I am asking a question about my vape flavor. If you read through the discussion and cannot add anything else that will add to it please move on. I am trying to figure out what is going on with me. Not hear about Covid over and over. That's what happens when you're brainwashed I guess

I mean I knew FC was toxic but you guys are on a whole other level. Covid this Covid that....I think you guys are in the wrong forum,..lol tell me I am? Get out of my convo if you don't have anything positive to add. PLEASE. Grown ups only !

@Abysmal Vapor THANK YOU. You are my kinda person. 🧠🙂

All the "covidians" behind their computers. I mean really. I am appalled at the thought process (if any) of people these days. It's like the government trained you guys to just say Covid for everything and not even read what's going on. "My foot hurts" COVID! ". Nosebleed...COVID! 🤦‍♂️ Just read that's all I'm asking lol. I don't want to read about covid every 2 minutes after it's been addressed. You people just like to obsess over it and that's the problem. God have mercy on my soul. And all of yours. Now to all, have a nice day because this vape(covid) community has done nothing but attacked me over things they don't know. Anyone and yes I mean anyone would be annoyed after addressing it so many times. This world needs help. Be the change. Not the problem. Please. I'll keep you all in my prayers. But in total appreciation for those of you that actually put intellect into this conversation. MUCH LOVE TO THOSE. 💚 I guess I have to make a doc appt to get to the bottom of this. Was hoping there was someone who had knowledge on it due to it only happening when I vaporize herbs...that's all. Guess i am in the wrong for asking. (You happy COVID ppl?) you win! 😂😂
Freak Out Panic GIF

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
It must be the COVID!

I am definitely encouraged to read you finally engaged your own intellect, are abandoning medical advice from unqualified persons online, and you have chosen to seek professional medical help. Good on you brother!!!

Just curious, would you object if your medical provider wanted to give you a COVID test before you see the doc?:hmm:
Gotta admit, it would be kinda ironic after all your fuss!

:rofl: :lol::rofl:

Good luck in finding the answers you seek.

florduh

Imagine there was some disease going around that killed 3-4 million people in a year's time, and the first symptom of that disease was your hair turning green. If I then made a post saying "hey guys, I noticed after vaping that my hair looks kinda green. What's that about?", I don't think I'd throw a tantrum in response to people asking "do you think it might be that disease that's turning people's hair green?"

In any case, I'd switch to edibles for a week. If the odd taste is still there, it's safe to assume it's nothing to do with vaping.

badbee

@CicoVaps, you are familiar with the concept of teasing, right? No one here means you any harm but you reacted so strongly they can't resist now. I mean, it sounds like you aren't feeling well, perhaps you have a fever. Dude, it's a joke.

No, I've never heard of what you are describing, it seems you are unique. Could you be over thinking it?

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
After vaping concentrates for a long time, I find the taste of flower vaping to linger longer and be more intense.

Also, maybe you're vaping more, or the strain you have is more waxy than resinous.

I had sour banana that made very waxy BHO, almost too much lemon, with few other traits, and I didn't care for the sharp taste that lingered after vaping.

There was the very fresh apple crisp that also lingered in my mouth and had intense/overwhelming taste when vaped as flower but made much better BHO.

So maybe I've experienced this on some level....

Last edited:
Top Bottom