Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

vaping herbs

Hello people,

What kind of wood do you prefer for Sticky Brick?

And would the lighter gas from colibri be suitable for the application?

vaping herbs,
Reactions: Greenteam

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hello people,

What kind of wood do you prefer for Sticky Brick?

And would the lighter gas from colibri be suitable for the application?
My og is limba and pretty good looking. Many good choices though.

Can't speak to the butane brands. I've been using Zippo butane from Amazon and hope it's clean enough. I'm down to try some Vector butane but Amazon only wants to sell me four cans for $34 and since I use induction heaters with my vapcaps it's only the Brick that uses a torch anymore.PXL_20201216_203838309~2.jpg

vaping herbs

My og is limba and pretty good looking. Many good choices though.

Can't speak to the butane brands. I've been using Zippo butane from Amazon and hope it's clean enough. I'm down to try some Vector butane but Amazon only wants to sell me four cans for $34 and since I use induction heaters with my vapcaps it's only the Brick that uses a torch anymore.View attachment 4323

I am less concerned about the visual, but much more about the steam quality and taste.
With the Vapman tastes the different woods differently, just as it is reflected in the vapor quality again.

vaping herbs,
Reactions: Greenteam

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I am less concerned about the visual, but much more about the steam quality and taste.
With the Vapman tastes the different woods differently, just as it is reflected in the vapor quality again.
Once the wood is coated in oils, they’ll all be the same. Walnut has an earthier taste when fresh. Some are sensitive to purpleheart. It’s really personal preference imo.

KidFated.,
Reactions: Warpdrive

Warpdrive

I agree. The wood taste fades quickly with use. U can scrape and clean to get some of the wood taste back but even then it's mostly gone.

Warpdrive,

shopdognyc

I don't clean them a whole lot other than the screen but, I do use these to scrape/lightly sand.

Sanding tool kit

They work great to bring some of that wood flavor back.
Thanks for sharing that. Been looking for something like that.

I like to take a q-tip and run in and out on the carb hole airpath.

Screen is a must I found. Gets gunked up.

shopdognyc,

el sargantano

I don't think anyone has to worry too much about wood flavours, if you're not specifically sensitive on this issue.
The exception being extra resinous wood like pine or some tropical species so agressive you can taste hard and 'fried' as the submarine crew hear the alarm. Some kind of nasty-overcooked-oily feeling.
I have a cherry OG Brick from my man here @Pablopicasso for home use and I plan on keep the scratching at minimum (in other words: just after an incident combustion).
I have made some oak, beech & walnut mouthpieces with just a little signature that fades away in the first couple of use days.
Any other wood oven from my MFLB's or my Lil Bud - cherry & walnut - are classical hardwood enough to have been demonstrated vape-friendly already. The more exotic you wanna be the more risk you handle.
I know I can't stand the Ipé (cheap wood flooring) for DIY MFLB's, maybe due its radiation heating. But I don't bet I'll like it in a convection-butane powered vape... I'll try local walnut next time.

grogazola

VAS has struck me hard and I really want an OG Brick! The only thing stopping me...is me overthinking the torch. I plan to pick up a culinary torch since I’m really particular about what I inhale.

Does anyone else use a culinary or crème brûlée torch? Which reliable and safe torches would you recommend a butane rookie?? Thanks!

grogazola,

Warpdrive

VAS has struck me hard and I really want an OG Brick! The only thing stopping me...is me overthinking the torch. I plan to pick up a culinary torch since I’m really particular about what I inhale.

Does anyone else use a culinary or crème brûlée torch? Which reliable and safe torches would you recommend a butane rookie?? Thanks!
It's what you put inside that counts. I'm a foodie and amateur chef. I don't feel the need. But don't let me stop you.

Warpdrive,
Reactions: grogazola

Flow

For my vapes (dyna's 'n OGBrick), i use whatever jet-torch for 2 bucks or the cheap and well known HONEST JET TORCH LIGHTER and a local brand for triple 'n more quality refined gas "near zero impurities"...

@Warpdrive i'm not a master of the OG yet… but… i didn't plug SSV in since i got my hands on that brick. And i do not go that fast throught the learning curve because i only use it once or twice a day.... Otherwise i cannot do anything… and my tolerance is low but not that low. A small half bowl not packed is far too much to go from my chair to Venus or Saturn... I've got to be carefull !!! (and i'm happy, that's the first time i have such a potent vape !!!)

Last edited:

Warpdrive

Interesting. Which torch do you use? Which butane do you use? Thank you!

I use a scorch torch single outlet torch normally. I also use a no name 4 outlet torch for my 1 or 2 hit clears.

As for butane. Any butane that is filtered around 11 times is good for us. I buy the least expensive "Neon" brand butane that states 11X on the can. The more expensive ones on the shelf may do even more filtering but I don't know if it is worth it. Just buy the best quality that you can. Cigar shops typically have the good stuff if you can't find any.

Warpdrive,

Warpdrive

@Warpdrive i'm not a master of the OG yet… but… i didn't plug SSV in since i got my hands on that brick. And i do not go that fast throught the learning curve because i only use it once or twice a day.... Otherwise i cannot do anything… and my tolerance is low but not that low. A small half bowl not packed is far too much to go from my chair to Venus or Saturn... I've got to be carefull !!! (and i'm happy, that's the first time i have such a potent vape !!!)

OH please don't be mistaken and think that I'm rushing you to become some expert. We all need our own time to get it and I am not ashamed to say that last week I combusted 3 half bowls in a row. It was of that dry stuff my friend gave me for free. It got you exactly where you wanted to be but dry as a bone. My point is that, who cares if on the last hit of every bowl I failed. I should not be so aggressive and greedy. That's my fault. I knew what I was doing... The retard that I am sometimes. 🙄

But when I'm not completely shit faced, I typically never combust. As long as you keep things basically consistent (lighter filled, same amount each load) it just gets easier and easier. I can do it with my eyes closed.

Sadly this morning I got terrible news. As feared I got a notice that my package never arrived at my local. So no delivery tonight for midnight birthday blast off. The E-43 and I will have to wait. Maybe tomorrow if it arrives at my local by tonight. So I also just bit into my last bolder I have left. I deserve one blast today for such news. Besides that lone nugget, I have my giant loaded cookie for tomorrow's breakfast 😎
I guess I'll just have to reup and get something tomorrow after the cookie if I can move 😂🍪

Warpdrive,
Reactions: Flow

Flow

OH please don't be mistaken and think that I'm rushing you to become some expert. We all need our own time to get it and I am not ashamed to say that last week I combusted 3 half bowls in a row.
@Warpdrive, no problem, no mistake so of course no offense, none taken ;) (don't worry ;) ) Where is your E-43 today ?

I'm still learning anyway. And i still didn't combusted in my OG YET !
Restrictor disk is really an easy tweak to handle the power of the brick !
My next try will be with dual jet torch lighter.
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela

I still cannot predict the "blow" i get from any vapes i use, and this one behave as the others: 1 - 2 n up to 3 whispy whips and then THE enormous coughing mother of all rips... I guess i should go smaller on the second or third… i must be too greedy ^^ My only solution for now is to inhale way faster as i hit the brick...

My biggest challenge with that device : Keeping my tolerance Low.

nonamekevin

Use the best you can find, I use Newport Zero in my Runt!

Shoutouts to the homie @nonamekevin for setting me up with a brick :rockon:
Think I'll load it up right now :smug:
Good to hear from you homie, glad to see you're enjoying it. Happy holidays, stay up brotha.

:rockon:
@Warpdrive,
My biggest challenge with that device : Keeping my tolerance Low.

Challenging for sure! I picked up my first runt cause I was tired of packing 3-4 caps from the dynavap. After a short time, I was up to 2-3 full bowls from the runt. :lol::evil:

If anyone hasn't tried it, I found it really enjoyable to place the smallest piece of concentrate on a tamped bowl in the runt. About the size of the flat end of the metal stir tool. It brings a new flavor combination depending on strains, and is a real treat. The brick will get dirtier faster.

Warpdrive

@Warpdrive, no problem, no mistake so of course no offense, none taken ;) (don't worry ;) ) Where is your E-43 today ?
As of early this morning I no longer have a date for arrival and I'm told it's in my city but in the next county over. So if it gets to my local post office by tonight or very early tomorrow morning, then maybe Monday night I'll get it. Maybe.
I think that a lot of postal carriers are sick right now sadly. I even have some snail mail very delayed and taking twice as long, so I'm not surprised.... As of this second, the tracking website is down for me for the past half hour. So I guess it's up to Santa to make deliveries 🎅

I guess it will be a Christmas or new year present then. I'm fine with that 👌

nonamekevin

Super close to ordering my first Sticky Brick...a cherry OG :nod: How long do the orings last before requiring replacement? How long do you go before changing screens? Thank you!
Congrats homie, you'll love it!

I replace screens when I get closer to combustion, and they are cheap enough that I don't bother cleaning them, I just toss a new one in and the dirty one goes in the bin. Kind of wasteful of me...

Ive never had to replace an oring, and they don't get that dirty. I wipe them off during a cleanup but that's it.

grogazola

Congrats homie, you'll love it!

I replace screens when I get closer to combustion, and they are cheap enough that I don't bother cleaning them, I just toss a new one in and the dirty one goes in the bin. Kind of wasteful of me...

Ive never had to replace an oring, and they don't get that dirty. I wipe them off during a cleanup but that's it.

@nonamekevin Awesome thank you! Do you use the official screens or do you use bulk screens?

Last edited:
grogazola,
Top Bottom