• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
The cork is good if you use the WPA so you don't have to touch the vape and risk breaking the glass by putting too much stress on the joint of the pipe. But when using the mouth piece remove the cork and you now have a lot of option to get the perfect hit every times. If you want to you can also feather the air intake of the bowl and you'll see that the heat raise a lot quicker but be careful about combustion. So many different way to use this vape, that's why I love it so much.

Last edited:

hoptimum

Hey SB fans, i used to post on the dynavap thread but as i've gotten more into this kind of vaping, i've added some new vapes to my collection, one being a 2019 flip brick that i got last christmas, i thought y'all might be able to help me out.
The flip and i have kind of a toxic relationship. When it's good , it's so damn good, i feel like i have perfect torch control, the hits are flavorful and cloudy, and i only ever see a light scorch on my bowl when i really try to go for it. But then, like a bat out of hell, out of nowhere i combust on the second or third hit of a fresh bowl, even after changing out to a clean screen.
I tried most of the basic troubleshooting, (clean/change screens daily, using a smaller flame on my torch, adjusting draw speed, torch distance/angle, amount of green in the bowl etc.) but i can't seem to really dial in a sweet spot for longer than a week or so before i combust. Granted, sometimes it's because i get greedy and try to push my bowls too far, but sometimes it'll happen on a fresh bowl only 1 or 2 hits in. I'm not talking about seeing black/dark spots on the avb, i mean full on combustion, like the bowl cherries up like i'm just hitting a normal smoking bong. the taste isn't so bad compared to combusting in the dynavap, but ultimately my issue is the smell as i can't smoke in my apartment due to neighbor complaints, so vaping is my main source to medicate.
Despite this experience, i still really enjoy the convenience and speed of the sticky brick system, and when i get it right with the flip, it's top notch vapor, but i feel weird inhaling so much smoke out of a vaporizer :p, and having to clean my glass pieces every time isn't exactly ideal either. am i alone or is this just an inherent part of the flip brick, or all bricks?
I've been thinking the runt would have been a better original purchase, and am considering one now. While i know that combusting in any butane vape is possible, i'm wondering if hitting a brick dry through a bigger system like the runt or og is really that much easier to control? Ultimately i did go with the flip mostly for the price, i had seen warnings from video reviews that its the hardest to master compared to the other bricks, i just didnt think the learning curve would be this long to where i can comfortably use it without combustion for longer than a week or so.

So, i guess the ultimate question is, should i just keep trying to spend more time with the flip on the edge of combustion at any moment, or would i be better of to start from scratch with a runt? will the runt give me the extra control i want, or are there some flip brick tips/ hacks that i haven't seen that could really change the game?
Thanks for your help!
Sorry for the long ass post, if there's somewhere where this has been discussed before feel free to give me links!

The Sticky Bricks will take you right up to the combustion line, and right over it if you're not mindful.

I feel like you have better control with vapes like this just hitting them dry until your instincts develop.

I own several butane vapes, like the Lotus and Vapman, as well as the Dynavap, so I knew intuitively when I was entering the dark side. Just back the flame back a bit if you feel like you're getting too close to that line.

Lag

I'm having a tough time with the curved intake for some reason. I pretty much have to put the entire flame in the glass to get a decent hit, whereas I barely even have to put any of the outer flame in the straight intake.

iammyself

I'm having a tough time with the curved intake for some reason. I pretty much have to put the entire flame in the glass to get a decent hit, whereas I barely even have to put any of the outer flame in the straight intake.
I put the flame slightly downward so the tip of the outer flame hits the bottom bend in my intake, like the photo. I guess it heats the glass and restrictor disk more or something?046D855F-5144-412B-A884-F66A5AEC4D6D.jpeg

Last edited:

Tronzo669

Thanks to a little help from this thread I'm finally getting consistent and amazing performance out of my flip brick. Originally I was thinking of getting a runt as a replacement for it, but thought if I could get the flip performing well I wouldn't need another Brick in my line up. Well, summer VAS got the better of me and I just ordered a purple heart runt anyway :p.

Tronzo669

@Tronzo669: Now that you’ve unlocked the full potential of the Flip you need another Brick less, but want one more because you know what they’re capable of! :science:
Exactly! Now I'll have a dry brick and a wet brick haha! Also I just want to have a brick that I can use without needing any other attachments, even though I love vaping through water, sometimes I just want to grab and go u know?

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
For me it’s all about “the tilt” (when using the brick without water)
no matter what SB I’m using, I always tilt the brick On a angle slightly towards the flame. Seems to help a lot
I always use the restrictor disc now, and just go in hot and heavy with the torch. I’m usually looking for big hits and extraction when I go for a Brick.

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
Some one wrote about not getting dark abv. I was having trouble too untill I read to tamp it down harder for the last couple hits. That did the trick.

Still on the fence about if I should get Maxx or OG next....

Yes that helps a lot with the SB and I do it with my Lotus too, the fist too hits i like it fluffy, but later packing the herb probably helps further extraction, by adding some conduction?

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
If I could only have one, I would go with the Maxx every time. It’s so versatile. The Maxx can do everything the OG can and more. On the other hand if you go with the OG you’ll be happy. It’s a solid vape too. I feel your pain, these are tough decisions. If you’re anything like me you’ll end up with both which is totally acceptable as well.😂

Baron23

Just popping in to say that I still love my Jr after...what, 3 years or so??

It wasn't drawing very well...I got air but it just wasn't vaping well. A complete and thorough cleaning set it all right.

For me, this is a great middle of the night, up in pain, quick session. Just hammers a .1 g in a draw or two. Love it.

iammyself

Some one wrote about not getting dark abv. I was having trouble too untill I read to tamp it down harder for the last couple hits. That did the trick.

Thanks for the tip. I had the most amazing bowl yet tonight using that technique. I’d been stirring every hit or two, but started tamping it back down a bit after. I had perfect hits for the whole bowl. I thought I combusted once or twice because I got so much vapor, but when I opened to stir it wasn’t even close.

Edit: And another just now! This one layered with a scoop of keif. Yum.

Last edited:

Lokbok

Just popping in to say that I still love my Jr after...what, 3 years or so??

It wasn't drawing very well...I got air but it just wasn't vaping well. A complete and thorough cleaning set it all right.

For me, this is a great middle of the night, up in pain, quick session. Just hammers a .1 g in a draw or two. Love it.

Yea, for this purpose, I think the SB is as close to a "bong" as a vape can get. The larger chamber also affords me plenty of space to mix in both a THC and CBD strain in good amounts.

Tronzo669

Got my Purpleheart runt yesterday and i'm loving it! Poor little Flippy has been taking a time out on the shelf and my dynavaps and fury edge might be plotting against it, but damn what a vape! I wish i would've spent the money on this instead of the flip last year, i would've combusted a lot less bowls :lol:, but frankly i'm glad i have both now, they're blowing my other gear out of the water (or i guess through the water in the case of the flip:cool:)

Hi, i have a little trouble with my sticky birick i have maxx and flip 2019.
Problem is that when I take a large cloud I have a problem with the hot spot and dark ABV, which also makes the taste not the best, do you have any tip how to figure it out?

Lokbok

Problem is that when I take a large cloud I have a problem with the hot spot and dark ABV, which also makes the taste not the best, do you have any tip how to figure it out?

Do you have the restrictor disc in your unit? I personally take mine out because while it does do its job at absorbing a lot of the heat, making it easier to operate for newbies, it also funnels the flame into a more concentrated area. Because of this, it can easily blacken the center if your flame is too long. Outside of that, putting the material in a S&B dosing cap will also partially shield the herbs from getting scorched.

nonamekevin

Do you have the restrictor disc in your unit? I personally take mine out because while it does do its job at absorbing a lot of the heat, making it easier to operate for newbies, it also funnels the flame into a more concentrated area. Because of this, it can easily blacken the center if your flame is too long. Outside of that, putting the material in a S&B dosing cap will also partially shield the herbs from getting scorched.
Hello friend!

Ive had the opposite experience from what you described. The only times I have gotten hot spots with my bricks is when I use them without the disk in. My thought, and thinking about air as a fluid, is that air flow will always follow the path of least resistance. When drawing on the brick, the heated air stream goes through the herb that offers the least amount of drag to flow, thus focusing the heated air in one spot. In my experience, this is more apparent without the disk, because there is no delay in the heating of incoming air, you are inhaling a very concentrated amount of heated air.

With the disk, however, you are able to delay the source of heat so that it can mix more thoroughly with the air that enters the fresh air intake. It creates a more consistent heat source that you draw on, and even though the air will still flow through the herb on the path of least resistance, the source of heat is more even and steady. This is coming from someone who uses the disk always, and always a large triple flame torch. The key is creating even, consistent heat.

Hello friend!

Can you give us a little more info on your ritual? What does your grind looks like? which lighter do you use? disk in or out? cork in or out? do you tamp the bowl down?

:rockon:

GoldenBud

option 1: check this out
option 2: This is highly recommened and written by @nonamekevin
"
Try this arrangement and technique:

- cork in
- restrictor disk in
- flame turned up
- fill the bowl to the bevel and then tamp down

Since the flame is turned up, start with it further away from the intake. Farther than you think, with the outer flame outside of the intake. Slowly draw, and find the sweet spot with the flame. The sweet spot occurs when you hear a Vortex or whistle sound from your brick. It's easier to find it with the flame outside of the intake, from a distance, only using the heat from the flame. Once you find that spot, keep everything consistent; don't change distance, don't change draw speed.
"

Top Bottom