Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Lokbok

Hello friend!

Ive had the opposite experience from what you described. The only times I have gotten hot spots with my bricks is when I use them without the disk in. My thought, and thinking about air as a fluid, is that air flow will always follow the path of least resistance. When drawing on the brick, the heated air stream goes through the herb that offers the least amount of drag to flow, thus focusing the heated air in one spot. In my experience, this is more apparent without the disk, because there is no delay in the heating of incoming air, you are inhaling a very concentrated amount of heated air.

With the disk, however, you are able to delay the source of heat so that it can mix more thoroughly with the air that enters the fresh air intake. It creates a more consistent heat source that you draw on, and even though the air will still flow through the herb on the path of least resistance, the source of heat is more even and steady. This is coming from someone who uses the disk always, and always a large triple flame torch. The key is creating even, consistent heat.

:rockon:

Doesn't surprise me. I've seen people with differing experiences as well and obviously depends on a lot of factors. I tend to use a single flame torch without the disc and angle the flame so it disperses within the heating tube rather than letting the flames go straight in. While this method eliminates the heat spots I used to get with the restrictor discs, it comes with the caveat that I have to pay attention more because it does combust more easily. As someone who has used SBs for years and got the temperature down, I definitely appreciate the faster heat-up more without the disc. When my friend or wife uses it though, they're more comfortable with the disc.

Also I'd like to add: This is a big part of why I really like the bent flame intake on the Runt. It seems to be easier to spread out the heat and just not let the flame go straight inside. The Junior for this reason I found to have different heat-up properties with its short, straight flame intake.

Last edited:

nonamekevin

Very excited to have my Stick Brick Runt. Playing legos with the pieces, noticed the top and bottom parts magnets are not necessarily lined with the main piece with the mouth piece. The top part is slightly down, and the bottom, slightly up. Is this to just counteract each other and be sturdier?

https://ibb.co/yB9d7t4
https://ibb.co/Dg6HQz7
https://ibb.co/dGNyxZ2
https://ibb.co/JmWCMfL
Hello friend, and congrats on the new Runt! You are correct, the design was to keep the two smaller bricks together, as well as in-line with the air path. With both smaller bricks on the main brick, the air path is actually perfectly aligned when the edge of the smaller bricks is above the top edge of the main brick. Take a flashlight and point it down into the carb and you'll see.

Most people I've seen use the runt, myself included, align the bricks before using. This does block a portion of the air path however. I don't think many would complain about it limiting this powerhouses performance though, it's mostly aesthetic.

Let us know how you enjoy your new Runt or if you have any questions. Still my favorite vape hands down, and I consider it almost perfect! Speed, power, handling, dry/wet use, all phenomenal, and it's what I compare every other vape to.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Very excited to have my Stick Brick Runt. Playing legos with the pieces, noticed the top and bottom parts magnets are not necessarily lined with the main piece with the mouth piece. The top part is slightly down, and the bottom, slightly up. Is this to just counteract each other and be sturdier?

https://ibb.co/yB9d7t4
https://ibb.co/Dg6HQz7
https://ibb.co/dGNyxZ2
https://ibb.co/JmWCMfL
Yes I'm pretty sure it's by design, both of my Runts are like this. You just have to adjust the piece when you reassemble it so it's flush. What I love is that everything slides so smoothly in place, so satisfying.

shopdognyc

It looks like both are offset towards each other so that just keeps it in place. Pretty cool build. Not sure how I will explain the purchase to my significant other, but I am very excited.

So excited to get this that I realize I left the box at work.

For those who have a Runt, what piece did you buy afterwards?

nonamekevin

So excited to get this that I realize I left the box at work.

For those who have a Runt, what piece did you buy afterwards?
My next brick after the runt was a flip. If you think the runt is fast, the flip is faster. I have described the flip as "snappy". It seems like, even with a disk, by the time you get heat on it, instant vapor. I definitely wasn't able to work the bowl as slow as the runt, it was full speed inhale as soon as vapor started.

After the flip was the OG. If you want to really stick with dry herb, this gets the nod over the runt, only slightly.

With the runt and a wpa, there really isn't anything you can't achieve. :rockon:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I’ve found a a Goldilocks lighter that really works well with my Flip. I’d been scorching loads with another and I don’t like the lighter it comes with because there’s no flame lock.

The one I just dug out of my ‘parts’ stash locks the flame and it’s not too aggressive.

And it still hits like a tank.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Labsfan420: The best remedy I have found to hot spots is increasing your draw speed as vapor starts to form. The thicker the vapor the faster you should draw. It may sound counterintuitive but you may also need to increase the flame size on your torch.

The only time I have issues with hot spots is when my flame is too weak or I’m not drawing fast enough. I use a straight flame intake on the OG, and the bent intake on my Junior, and I don’t even own a restrictor disk. When I first got my OG I was trying slower draws and a weaker flame and the hot spots only got worse. Once I tried my fast draw technique it was a game changer and I can take the most massive hits now and there is no hot spot at all.

It is my theory that drawing slow concentrates heat into a more narrow stream than drawing fast, which may spread out the heat over a larger area. I believe turbulence might have something to do with the results as well.

shopdognyc

Haven't had a chance to test run it yet, but also got the Flip for the days I just want to sit on the water bong. Thanks for all of the advice, quite happy with the build as well as the feedback here.

shopdognyc

For those with a Flip, the part for the flame and bowl only has one magnet. The connector to the mouthpiece has two. Has anyone found an issue with the one magnet parts to be insufficient? Has anyone tried to modify this to add a second?

shopdognyc,

nonamekevin

For those with a Flip, the part for the flame and bowl only has one magnet. The connector to the mouthpiece has two. Has anyone found an issue with the one magnet parts to be insufficient? Has anyone tried to modify this to add a second?
I haven't found the single magnet to be deficient. I believe it was designed to swivel out of the way so you could stir the bowl between hits.

Ive mentioned it to Kenny before, I believe the flip is biased towards right handed users, or users who prefer to use their right hand to stir. Unlike the other bricks, it's the only one that offers a different handling experience based on which hand you prefer to use.

shopdognyc

I don't have experience with it yet, but I think I'd just like the resistance of a second magnet added, but still pretty cool. I imagined the adapter would turn, but doesn't quite work that way. Just put back together. Not a pretty design or site but looks quite effective. The shorter path does make it look for harsher results, but going through a rig would solve that easily.

shopdognyc,

shopdognyc

Question for those with Juniors. I thought I read that the advice was to get the Junior with the Runt mouthpiece, since it fits. I read it that it fits with the cap on, making it portable. Just got my Junior with a Runt mouthpiece and the size does not fit within the enclosure. Any tips? Did I read it wrong?

shopdognyc,

Vizyt91

Question for those with Juniors. I thought I read that the advice was to get the Junior with the Runt mouthpiece, since it fits. I read it that it fits with the cap on, making it portable. Just got my Junior with a Runt mouthpiece and the size does not fit within the enclosure. Any tips? Did I read it wrong?
Hi,
Mine can’t close with the Runt mp

Lag

I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my curved intake, like it's not getting enough air flow. I really struggle to get the kind of large hits I can easily get with the straight one. I look at pictures online and it seems to be at more of a 45 degree angle and the air path seems wider. Mine seems really cramped and at a 90 degree angle.
Is everyone else's like this?
50268740391_f9ee3e1f8b_z.jpg

Lag,

shopdognyc

I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my curved intake, like it's not getting enough air flow. I really struggle to get the kind of large hits I can easily get with the straight one. I look at pictures online and it seems to be at more of a 45 degree angle and the air path seems wider. Mine seems really cramped and at a 90 degree angle.

Mine are more at a 45, maybe write to SB? They seem really great at their CS.

Vizyt91

D56CCE8E-0085-4D2F-B2F7-13977AE0F34E.jpeg
Hi, mine seems to be more of the 45 deg angle , yours effectively seems approx 90 That looks not good to me, awaiting for others advices to confirm.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I have a couple of those and all of them are at 45 degree. Contact Sticky Brick they'll probably change it for you. Just looking at your intake I can see it must restrict the air flow way too much and you have no way to play with your flame other than use it horizontally and this must limit the amount of heat that reach your oven. No air flow, no heat , no vapor, no fun!

Last edited:

shopdognyc

Second chance at the Runt today. Got my Junior also, and found out my misunderstanding of how the Runt mouthpiece fits. Fits in the hole, but not with the cover. In hindsight, could have just stayed with the Runt and Flip. Still have a portable I can put in a bag and go.

Excitingly my OG is coming and looking for a bigger experience.

Back to the Runt. The first time wasn't very successful, and spent some time on the forums searching for some insight. This time, I aimed the outer flame in the intake, and tried to match the tip of the inner flame just outside of the instake.

I began a very slow draw and I could feel the warm vape starting to come out. I don't think I could thick clouds, but wow. I held off the whole day and just kept thinking about the Runt, snuck one in.

This hits it out of the park for me. I enjoy the Dynavaps, but each are a different experience.

Cervical CBD

Well it’s time for another vape. I bought my 1st in April and the SSV has been awesome but I really want a solid butane vape. I have a Cvap that I don’t really like (not sure if it works right) as it’s tough to hit. I’m pondering a Runt or something else? It will be used solo and at home only. I don’t use my water pipe much with my SSV and doubt I’ll use it with a SB or whatever I get. I just want something not attached to a wall that I can pack a decent size bowl that hits hard. Any help is appreciated...trying to keep it under $200 for everything, vape, torch, butane, etc.

nonamekevin

Well it’s time for another vape. I bought my 1st in April and the SSV has been awesome but I really want a solid butane vape. I have a Cvap that I don’t really like (not sure if it works right) as it’s tough to hit. I’m pondering a Runt or something else? It will be used solo and at home only. I don’t use my water pipe much with my SSV and doubt I’ll use it with a SB or whatever I get. I just want something not attached to a wall that I can pack a decent size bowl that hits hard. Any help is appreciated...trying to keep it under $200 for everything, vape, torch, butane, etc.
Hello friend!

If you are absolutely dedicated to dry herb, and not using a water piece, I think the Sticky Brick OG should be considered over the runt. The runt is my personal favorite, but for strictly dry herb use, the OG usually wins my reach test based on the longer airpath and thicker glass; both go toward making the vapor nice and cool.

The OG will come with a torch and everything else, but you'll have to fill with your own (high quality) butane. Should still keep it under or right at $200.

To save some cash, the runt is more affordable, and is almost perfect. The smaller glass and shorter airpath make it slightly less enjoyable (but still hella enjoyable) when compared to the OG. With the runt, you can use it with water with an adaptor, and it's smaller so it travels around the house easier.

Let us know which way you go. You can't go wrong with either. :rockon:

Top Bottom