Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
@TheResistance what we have learned is lighters (and torches) that come pre-filled are generally using whatever flammable fluid is cheapest at the moment. This could be a combination of butane, propane, and whatever filler is cheap. For shipping purposes we have to send empty torches, but beyond the shipping issue, we simply do not trust filled torches. Most torches and lighters are made in China and India and we are skeptical of the fluid provided. Go for known brands of refined butane and I think your experience will improve greatly. Having said that, some people are just sensitive to our types of devices. I hope the quality butane helps you out, but as someone who has dealt with sinus issues continually, I certainly understand health first. If there is anything we can do to help you out before you sell it, please let us know.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I have had my 2019 Flip Brick for a few days now and it has been amazing!!
It hits hard and fast and has excellent extraction capabilities.

Last night I decided to finish off some Ultra Sour in the FB, it was great weed in all my other vapes!
I almost fell off my chair with each hit. The vapor was so thick it had a yellow hue to it that I thought I had combusted... Awesome pure taste on the exhale, so no combustion...
Checked the bowl and it was just a very light brown on top!! Gave it a stir and it was back to green.
I managed to coax 6 hits out of each 1/3 filled bowl. Crazy thick hits!

All because I decided to try a new technique out I had been thinking about!
I have discovered that there is a very important connection between flame and inhale speed.
Position the flame as normal and I started a slow inhale and increased until the vapor was so dense again without any combustion. You need to find the right draw speed that will draw down the jet flames heat to the herb consistently. Getting that relation perfect will give the best results.
No need to move the flame, just keep it nice and steady and on center.

Once you get it down your life will change!
Now I need a MAXX!! LOL!

nonamekevin

Sounds like a phenomenal experience @lazylathe.:rockon:

I have been obliterated by my SBrunt many, many times over. When I want to stretch a bowl out, I drop to a single flame torch and sip for 6+ hits. When I'm looking for the night ender, triple flame torch will cash a bowl in 2 hits.

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Simple micro doser bowl for the SBJ :clap:

Just a 15mm wooden button, with a 8mm hole and a ss basket screen. Holds about as much herb, as a Vapcap tip.

Works quite nice and gives you 1 to 3 nice hits, depending on your preferred heat and draw speed. :nod: :sherlock:
I use it with a tripple flame and also have a small fine mesh screen in the heat intake, dispersing the flame. Works pretty much the same, as the official 'restrictor disk', I guess.

BAF97543-F791-45-BE-BB85-F0-C0949-CDCF6.jpg

Last edited:

Megaton

I was wondering if anyone could help me on a point of technique- when having a bowl with my jr, using the small honest torch, I can get loads of amazing hits, more than you would expect from the colour of the bud in the bowl, as often noted, but i am really struggling to extract to a darker colour, it feels like even though i heat more aggressively and feather the carb to get the heat up I can never quite get the roast as dark as I would usually want my bud to be.

So, does anyone have any tips for getting that last bit of goodness out of the bowl? Or is it just a matter of turning up the torch?

nonamekevin

I was wondering if anyone could help me on a point of technique- when having a bowl with my jr, using the small honest torch, I can get loads of amazing hits, more than you would expect from the colour of the bud in the bowl, as often noted, but i am really struggling to extract to a darker colour, it feels like even though i heat more aggressively and feather the carb to get the heat up I can never quite get the roast as dark as I would usually want my bud to be.

So, does anyone have any tips for getting that last bit of goodness out of the bowl? Or is it just a matter of turning up the torch?
Try tamping your bowl down. If I'm not able to get enough heat, even with aggressive torching, it's most often a loose tamp because my bud is to coarsely ground. Tamping it forces the heat to stay in the bowl longer and build to a higher degree.

Give it a shot. Tamp it and hit like you normally would. :rockon:

Goatbass

DIWhy

Just a 15mm wooden button, with a 8mm hole and a ss basket screen. Holds about as much herb, as a Vapcap tip.

Works quite nice and gives you 1 to 3 nice hits, depending on your preferred heat and draw speed. :nod: :sherlock:
I use it with a tripple flame and also have a small fine mesh screen in the heat intake, dispersing the flame. Works pretty much the same, as the official 'restrictor disk', I guess.

Do I just pop in a mesh inside the heat intake or do I gotta look out for something? I've been having a lot of issues getting the flame to point the right way or else it won't vape.

Goatbass,

david8613

very ingenious!!!

david8613,

Goatbass

DIWhy

Wow this has been great!

However, the mesh I put into the intake glows red. Is that bad for you or does is pose any health risk?

Goatbass,

nonamekevin

Wow this has been great!

However, the mesh I put into the intake glows red. Is that bad for you or does is pose any health risk?
If I was set on using ss screens instead of the restrictor disk, I'd place them in the same spot below the flame intake where the disk is supposed to go. They shouldn't glow there, and I'd probably double up on them instead of a single piece. :rockon:

nonamekevin,

Goatbass

DIWhy
If I was set on using ss screens instead of the restrictor disk, I'd place them in the same spot below the flame intake where the disk is supposed to go. They shouldn't glow there, and I'd probably double up on them instead of a single piece. :rockon:

I did that afterwards. Still glows red :(

SS Glow = bad, right?

Goatbass,

david8613

When I had a mod connected to my splinter and was learning how to use it and set it up, I was always told glowing metal is not good to inhale from.

david8613,
Reactions: Goatbass

nonamekevin

I did that afterwards. Still glows red :(

SS Glow = bad, right?
Hmmm, I'm a little confused. Could you describe your issue more specifically, maybe I'm not understanding. It sounds like, in your experience, if the flame isn't pointing in a certain direction within the flame intake, you don't get any vapor. What about when you find the sweet spot? Good vapor production, or char/combustion?

The more you can tell us about your setup and technique, the more we can help. :tup:

Goatbass

DIWhy
Hmmm, I'm a little confused. Could you describe your issue more specifically, maybe I'm not understanding. It sounds like, in your experience, if the flame isn't pointing in a certain direction within the flame intake, you don't get any vapor. What about when you find the sweet spot? Good vapor production, or char/combustion?

The more you can tell us about your setup and technique, the more we can help. :tup:

I have to dial the lighter up a little from my usual slow burn on the vapcap. Point it straight into the intake, angling my light and wrist 45degs towards the intake to align the flame so it hits the back of the glass. Then only one side gets charred and the other side is dark brown. Sometimes I get hits that leave an even abv.

However, I flattened out the mesh screen and put it between the glass and the wood at the bottom of the intake and it hits much better now. There's no glow in there either.

keif76

Maybe this was asked before..

I am thinking about to use a cordless butan soldering iron with an hot air tip instead of a regular torch with my SBJ.

Maybe a dumb question because my SBJ will arrive by the beginning of the next week..

http://www.portasol.com/products_sc_r1.asp?sC_ID=112

The temperature of the hot air tip is "only" 650 deg C / 1157 deg . F - That's 50% of the normal 1300 deg C of a standard torch. This could lower the risk of combustion.

Any thoughts? What do you think?

keif76,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Maybe this was asked before..

I am thinking about to use a cordless butan soldering iron with an hot air tip instead of a regular torch with my SBJ.

Maybe a dumb question because my SBJ will arrive by the beginning of the next week..

http://www.portasol.com/products_sc_r1.asp?sC_ID=112

The temperature of the hot air tip is "only" 650 deg C / 1157 deg . F - That's 50% of the normal 1300 deg C of a standard torch. This could lower the risk of combustion.

Any thoughts? What do you think?
My concern would be the safety of the airpath as that tool is not designed to be inhaled from. It is butane powered but there could be adhesives or other nasty materials that off gas when hot.

DeezVaprz

That Microdosing option looks great, might have to give it a try. My JR. is still kicking with the mini bubbler, love it so much!

lauantaimakkara

What is the reason to use microdosing addon? Is the flavor better compared to full bowl. Please correct me if I’m wrong but is the idea to heat the bowl many times? I mean if I want to microdose I can heat the bowl only once and then continue later with the same bowl.

plese forgive my bad grammar

also do you know where I can buy sticky brick jr from Europe? Seems like it’s sold out everywhere!

lauantaimakkara,

shopdognyc

I've asked this elsewhere i the SB thread. Does the Runt mouthpiece fit in a way into the Junior cover? Doesn't seem to work for me.

shopdognyc,
Top Bottom