• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
It's close to your face, no doubt, but surprisingly, in use its still comfortable. One of the changes is getting the glass a little longer so you aren't so close to the intake. Almost everyone that's tried it has been pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is even though it's small. That's obviously subjective, but we feel with another 3/8" added to the mouthpiece and separating the intake and mp just a little more will make it a very good, very hard hitting, pocketable vape.

@Andreaerdna thank you and nice to see you in the thread!

ZC

Are you going to have custom glass like you're starting to do with the Sticky Brick? If so I'm in as soon as that's available. The Junior in Walnut with the white wavy glass would look incredible.

EDIT: Is there any chance the logo could be smaller? A small logo in the corner would give it a super classy look.

Last edited:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
The brand from the brick was only put on for the betas. We are having a new brand made specifically for Junior.

As @nondarb suggested, you can flip the mouthpiece and be further away from the flame, and it was designed to be used either way.

@ZC yes we will have custom glass but I can't promise it will be available the same day we go to retail on Junior. As we get closer I will have a better idea for availability.

Also, here are some dimensions: with the lid on its 4 5/8" tall 3" wide 1 1/16" depth. With the lid off the body is 2.5" tall.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I prefer to flip mine as I linked above, I've always done the same to daisy as well. Helps out considerably with visibility and putting some distance between you and the torch.
Can you still close it up with the lid when the mouthpiece is flipped? Or does the mouthpiece not have enough clearance over the heat intake to do that?

6079Smith

With such a robust vape market these days I am often guilty of agonizing and researching to the point of indecision on impending vape pick ups.

This is not one of those times.

THISGONBGUD.gif

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can you still close it up with the lid when the mouthpiece is flipped? Or does the mouthpiece not have enough clearance over the heat intake to do that?

Yeah it must be flipped tall ways to fit with the lid, and the intake must be turned in as well.

I too always use long ways on my Daisy, and as Sticky said final mouthpiece will be a bit longer. I am one of the testers who had issue too close to face with torch, but changes have already been made that sound like production version will be the perfect balance of compactedness and comfortable aiming distance

Did not know about the special Brick glass, going to need to check that out. It's a beautiful thing to have options!

Likewise smaller specific brand will be nice, though I do like the big brand on this as a beta collectable (especially with the big bowl, it will always be unique now). We sticking with the Jr name? I do like it, my ScootyPuff Jr ;)

Glad we dropped vaporizer from the thread title, but do we really still need the "by StickyBrick Labs" ? So redundant! :rant:lol

Vape Dr.

With such a robust vape market these days I am often guilty of agonizing and researching to the point of indecision on impending vape pick ups.

This is not one of those times.

Agreed @6079Smith I was already sold when I saw @Slow Draw McGraw s first post of the picture.:D

After I saw @Slow Draw McGraw s video and how small it was my wallet opened right up.:nod:

Kudos to @StickyBricks for being so passionate and creating high quality, amazing, big hitting, easy to use butane vapes!:rockon:

Keep up the great work @StickyBricks :tup:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
I've found for quick hits that just pulling the mp up slightly gets me far enough away to comfortably use the torch and get it covered and back in my pocket. With the tweak on the mp holes, we will have a longer stem to pull up without entirely removing it and flipping it around. The mp is longer on one side and will put you further away from the intake, but it will need to be flipped to put the lid on. We don't necessarily love the idea of flipping the mp but in an effort to keep it compact while still very usable it seemed like a good trade off. If you are using it this way, and while the mp is off, you can use the cap to spin the hot intake back into position to close the unit, never needing to touch hot glass.

Shit Snacks

Still learning the angled heat intake. Daisy took me a bit at first actually, then Lily was easier but still an adjustment period, this new intake probably just takes getting to used to too (torches a factor as well). Just accidentally super scorched a sizeable spot even with a small flame, gonna try just pulling flame in with draw vs tryna point it right in there... Lowered my tolerance too much recently to master this instantly I guess, only been like 4 or 5 bowls now at day 3. Fun as hell though obviously :ko:

Edit: yeaaaah still gotta aim, but getting the one right with a small zico flame and drawing fast with carb tapped enough can pull it in for a smooth even extraction with a tasty cloud. Anyone feel like the mouthpiece could be wider even more DaisyBrick esque free open airflow? Obviously it hits smooth like this and the narrow glass is comfortable, just curious of other impressions, I do love how sleek the width and length is on this so not necessarily willing to compromise yet... Also anyone else have the larger /wider bowl like me? What were your thoughts? I say that one is definitely better smaller /narrower, maybe then I wouldn't notice any need at all for a wider mp then anyway

Edit again to say yeah I think the width on the glass is all fine, and the smaller bowl will solve the issues. Also just had a brainstorm on a use for the larger bowl perhaps... I will say the draw definitely feels more restricted than the big brother and sister, but it still pulls smooth and well so I believe it is the bowl size and torch technique. There is a torch technique with draw, to any pure convection vape mind you draw is the essential factor presuming the power is on tap in vapor production and this is a prime example of pure convection with full power at work, so it just takes time to adjust to the design style which is already, obviously, pretty damn effective even before all the impending improvements for the production model :tup:

Last edited:

6079Smith

Indeed, @Vape Dr. Hell, I'd pre-pay right now.

I'm probably going to soon start uncharacteristically sounding like some fanboy that I like to despise in other scenarios- but I just love my Brick that much and have faith in Sticky Brick Labs to bring us a stellar followup.

The Brick is the sleeper vape of the year for me, it wasn't even on my radar until a short time before release and I consistently reach for it over other vapes that are just as new to me and significantly more spendy.

The Jr. solves the main drawback of the Brick for me, I'm just not keen on adventures out of the house with it. Game on.

Last edited:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
@Shit Snacks all the beta Juniors but two have the bigger bowl as it was a late revision. My thinking was pack it larger to carry around more, but it requires too much stirring and the smaller 5/8" bowl size roasts very evenly. The angled intake offers several ways to use the flame and I think it's fun playing around with that. It's easy to go from smaller and tasty to big finishing rips with the same torch.

No msrp quite yet, but it will be cheaper then the Brick.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I honestly have to say I didn't think it was possible to be this excited for a new vape. I have several vapes for different categories, one of which is the Brick. I consider them all "top tier". All my categories are full, so to speak. I have 5 vapes and feel complete. Not much room for improvement in regards to performance in my opinion.

But I have recently fallen in love with my Brick. And the company is just as good as the vaporizer in my opinion. So I have faith they will not put out anything unless it performs admirably. I don't need the vape, but damned if I won't have fun using it! :science:

I also fear sounding like a fanboy but I like to stay as positive as possible. And like I was told as a child "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all".

The fact that I can't stop talking about my Brick speaks volumes.

Shit Snacks

Will the lily stems fit in this? Also are there any plans for a way to use water? I never use my lilys because I couldn't figure that out.

They might, but would be pretty useless? I'm going to try the heat intake actually now that you mention it though it may be too narrow to fit. The Lily WonG I've been thinking about a way to use since it'd fit but it just points the 14mm sideways which is useless (with dhgate bubblers at least, a beaker bong could work?). A 14mm joint does fit right in place of the mp so a double sided one could connect things, I used an 14-18 to connect to a smallish bent 18mm female mp and now trying this:

U5ZcB1l.jpg

Above is an 18mm male mp (with a cutdown joint for Zion/Milaana) connected using some silicone tubing stuck in it and the Jr just barely seals but working and good for aim (got my honest torch flame smaller finally too)... Night of experimentation so I'll probably try water too, which would be best with a whip probably like Daisy. But Sticky should have a variety of water dedicated models some time soon too ;)

I guess my brick is spalted maple, the silvery grey is subtle, but noticeable in certain light :drool:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Wondering if the SB Jr cap could be implemented on SB senior, in order to protect glass when not in use / add a little stash / add a place to keep small lighter + stirring tool and spare screens maybe?

Also with cap on, SB is totally stealth and, here I go with lucid dreaming, it would be lovely a secret / tricky mechanism to open, like old magic wooden box where you push a hidden spot to unlock the apparent opening mechanism.

:mmmm:

StickyBricks

Manufacturer
I recommend cleaning it with a q-tip and water. The wet qtip will fit thru the carb hole to clean that portion and then just use another in the bowl area. It's never good to submerge wood in water but a little on a qtip in the bowl is good for the wood, which will be excessively dry in that area. We are adamant about not putting finish anywhere in the path, but I do sand the inside of every hole with a dremel. The point of sanding inside the bowl is to make sure it's smooth so it's not catching material, but also to prevent flavor from penetrating through open/rough wood. ISO alcohol and wood do not mix as it leaches moisture content, but if worse comes to worse, you could use ISO instead of hot water on the qtip. The best bet for combustion incidents is to stop and dump it as quickly as possible.

During testing I've combusted a few times trying various torches and I've found very little residual taste with a quick cleaning. After running one bowl after cleaning, no burnt taste at all. I gave up all forms of smoking (cause fuck combustion) and I'm pretty sensitive to that taste and feeling pretty confident about being able to clean it thoroughly.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
So how exactly do you clean the bottom part if you were to combust?

Just seems like it would retain that flavour.
Thanks for the cleaning advice @StickyBricks!

I had a couple of very minor combustion incidents early on with my Brick. I just barely reached combustion, no ash or cherry was present.

I didn't even bother to clean it and the little bit of bad taste was gone in a couple bowls. Something about it makes it resist that smoky odor/taste.

I've accidentally reached the same level of combustion a couple of times with my nano (setting it to 10 to heat faster and then forgetting to turn it back down) and I had to clean the stem immediately to get the taste out, it was quite strong.

Top Bottom