• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Sour Deez

Errl said:
And Deez sounds interesting, but for me personally I don't mind waxes and stuff in my errl. Maybe it's because I've never had it without waxes and other crap, but I feel like the errl I've got is potent enough and smooth enough that I can't justify losing weight for an increase in taste/smoothness (this process won't effect overall potency, right?)

Technically it would raise the % of cannabinoids in your oil since you are taking waxes out.

Sour Deez,

StickyShisha2

StickyShisha said:
stroh said:
you could still do that by blasting into a jar filled with some alcohol, then putting a filter over the jar and straining into an evap dish.

i blasted into a clean jar. evapped in the jar (scrapable, if i could reach it).
then added some alcohol and swished it around to wash the sides down to the bottom.
put on a filter lid. placed in freezer.

later, i poured the mixture into a pyrex (through the filter lid) dish #1
set to evap now.

open the jar and there is some residue in the jar and on the filter.
i add some iso shake and pour thruogh lid into dish #2 (didn't want to contaminate dish 1 if the iso re-melted the waxes). set to evap

looking in the filter now. this stuff is whiter (less yellow) than it was before so i guess dish 2 has some goodies.

i've scraped the dishes. this stuff is a bit runny. like thick honey.

took a tab and OMG its stronger than other oils i've made. tastes good, but not as good as regular BHO

StickyShisha2,

Sour Deez

StickyShisha said:
StickyShisha said:
stroh said:
you could still do that by blasting into a jar filled with some alcohol, then putting a filter over the jar and straining into an evap dish.

i blasted into a clean jar. evapped in the jar (scrapable, if i could reach it).
then added some alcohol and swished it around to wash the sides down to the bottom.
put on a filter lid. placed in freezer.

later, i poured the mixture into a pyrex (through the filter lid) dish #1
set to evap now.

open the jar and there is some residue in the jar and on the filter.
i add some iso shake and pour thruogh lid into dish #2 (didn't want to contaminate dish 1 if the iso re-melted the waxes). set to evap

looking in the filter now. this stuff is whiter (less yellow) than it was before so i guess dish 2 has some goodies.

i've scraped the dishes. this stuff is a bit runny. like thick honey.

took a tab and OMG its stronger than other oils i've made. tastes good, but not as good as regular BHO

You basically did the process i described earlier, not sure if you meant to do that or not?

This is some of the purest oil you will ever have, enjoy!!

What alcohol did you use? ISO leaves an odd taste sometimes, if you have access to ethanol i would use that instead.

BTW i got the method from this guy... Absolute Amber
He actually soaks the butane in the material, i linked to his thread.

Sour Deez,

aero18

vaporist
This thread made me want to make BHO! No one I know vapes this stuff. Made my first batch yesterday. I ran three cans and got 8% back! :lol:

Haha, on top of that I get headaches whenever I vape it, so I think it's got to purge a lot longer. Even through these hurdles, I don't even want to go back to flowers for a long while.

aero18,

Errl

You don't know anyone who vapes oil and you live in Seattle? You must not be hanging out with the right crowd :lol: I live over in the U district and it's pretty popular among my friends.

What setups do you guys use for vaping oil? Trying to think of something new to get for my bong. And I'm not sure if I want a nail setup or a ti skillet or something crazy and different. Any ideas or suggestions?

Errl,

aero18

vaporist
Oil dome!

7103of1.jpg

7104of1.jpg

7105of1.jpg

I gotta get a titanium nail...

aero18,

Errl

I do feel really stupid having all these vapes and other stuff that can basically only be used on herb. I need to downsize my vape collection and get a solid oil rig! I guess once oil isn't as readily available as it is now I'll go back to herbs and then my toys will have relevance again haha

Errl,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I use my Arizer Solo sometimes when I don't feel like using the skillet or healthstone, but I have to make a 'sandwich' (bud/candy/bud) and both upper & lower screens. Seems to work good and slows the impact hit down if you don't mind messing around a bit.

smokum,

Errl

Yep totally agree on that method! The solo is awesome too because I feel like it vaporizes the oil completely by the time a bowl is done. Problem is my stash consists of 100% errl and 0% greenery!

Errl,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
got ma herb this morning. just about done with work. doing a 12-14g run today. pics to follow.

Lighter than last time....

JDSupreme,

stroh

errl enthusiast
nice JD, looks like you're getting the hang of it pretty quickly, hows purging off of parchment paper going for everyone, i might try it next time

stroh,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm home sick today, so I was bored and called up a local delivery service. Within an hour, they arrived and brought me some goodies that I'm about to sample now. I got some Amber Glass and some GDP full melt. :brow:

photo3qo.jpg

Edit: GDP full melt tastes incredible and almost knocked me literally on my ass. I had to lay down for a minute or two. :o

Stu,

Errl

Ahhhh Jd that looks fantastic! Got a shot of the nugs you made it from?

Try doing an ISO or ethanol wash on your BHO'd bud!

On a side note, I just dabbed some stuff my friend got from the club. Shit was gross but I didn't want to make him feel like an idiot. It was a green budder and when dabbed it tasted like cheap butane. I'm surprised a place dispensing meds would let a product like this slide... Glad I'm more educated about stuff now because I probably never would have known before!

OK so I want to make a little budder out of my stash! What's the process look like for this? Just heat and whip till it turns to a solid?

Errl,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
stroh said:

Thats awesome!

I just ordered a Essential Vape, the pipe version (just the pipe no accessories), off ebay for $39 shipped!!

I think if I ever break down and get a globe it will be this

edit: I'm fine keeping my oil in the freezer right? I have little folds of parchment paper stuck in medium sized crack sacks (aka mini ziplocks :p ).

edit again: Got .5g more on a second run. Ground it up. Ran 2/3's can o tane. Looks basically the same as the first run. 1.8g total from 2 runs of 12g. 15% yeild! just tried second batch. can't notice much difference at all!

Errl said:
Ahhhh Jd that looks fantastic! Got a shot of the nugs you made it from?

It was 3 different kinds. I'll get a shot later for ya. Here's one now tho....

2011-10-13115430.jpg

I put the pyrex dish in the freezer last night from the first run. When I pulled it out all frosty I scraped all the corners and whatever was left. Ended up with sticky snow that ended up melting to a hit or so of budder :)

JDSupreme,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
It sounds like some of you guys are using a lot of butane! General rule of thumb is 1 can = 1 oz. Some folks even get 2 oz out of it. Using excessive 'tane is going to cause problems purging and in your final product (not to mention wallet). If you find yourself needing to rerun material I'd double check your extraction vessel and packing of materials. :2c:

100_2913.jpg

SpiralArchitect,

Sour Deez

Sweet piece stroh!!

Question, if you had the option between a glass nail/dome or a ti curve which would you get. Keep in mind the curve isnt a HMK or other "name brand", same with the dome.

Reason its between these two is cause they are the same price, which makes me kinda weary about the curve cause Ti is usually more money. So what would you do?

Sour Deez,

stroh

errl enthusiast
it really all depends on your preference, domes have a slightly tighter airflow, so they're good for outdoors (though i rarely dab outside) and for those new to smoking oil, while some argue that curves are smoother and the better option. if the Ti is grade 2, then you have nothing to worry about. personally i like both, so i would probably go with the curve, but thats because i already have a couple domes

stroh,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Oh my this lighter oil (my second run) is fucking amazing!!

The first run was great but this shit is spectacular!! :ko:

JDSupreme,

weedemon

enthusiast
@ Stroh, Nice oil rig dude! is that a quartz nail? how are you liking it so far?

Sour Deez said:
Question, if you had the option between a glass nail/dome or a ti curve which would you get. Keep in mind the curve isnt a HMK or other "name brand", same with the dome.

Reason its between these two is cause they are the same price, which makes me kinda weary about the curve cause Ti is usually more money. So what would you do?

comes down to what design you like best, but I heard that Ti nails will give out and eventually break when you heat it up for it's last time. this is why i went with a curve.

I would think the dome will serve better if there is wind.

I own a curve and have never used a nail yet. i gotta say that the nail looks a lil more fiddly than my curve for use.

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
weedemon said:
@ Stroh, Nice oil rig dude! is that a quartz nail? how are you liking it so far?

Sour Deez said:

comes down to what design you like best, but I heard that Ti nails will give out and eventually break when you heat it up for it's last time. this is why i went with a curve.

I would think the dome will serve better if there is wind.

I own a curve and have never used a nail yet. i gotta say that the nail looks a lil more fiddly than my curve for use.

tis actually a glass nail from my sherlock, and im pretty sure Ti nails don't break, however that is a common problem with glass nails though. so far i am really diggin this rig, the diffusion is perfect IMO for its size, and it delivers silky smooth and super flavorful hits. i also love how simple the design is, makes cleaning a breeze. i plan on eventually grabbing a female kut curve or a really heady dome + Ti nail in the future.

stroh,

stroh

errl enthusiast
thanks, but i need a 14mm without a counterweight for my piece, the toro's small handmade joint will not accommodate a counter weighted nail. luckily my friend is supplying me a brand new dab n flow nail for 45

purple grapefruit. 3 in, ~.5 out

303774_2553113584953_1167321735_3040646_1454556573_n.jpg

stroh,
Top Bottom