Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Sour Deez

stroh said:
StickyShisha said:
Errl said:
Shisha can you explain how you mean using iso as a cosolvent?

he adds an ounce of iso to the pie dish while the butane is still liquid, then lets it purge without heat.

i want to try adding an oz of freezer cold iso into the packed extractor tube before pushing the gas through.

if you do try this, refilter the alcohol/butane/extract, as alcohol is a polar solvent(butane being non-polar), and plant waxes and fats will not be redissolved in the alcohol.

I've been meaning to give this tech a go, i just hate how long it takes for alcohol to dissolve, and part of me feels like you will lose a decent amount of volatile terpenes using this method, as ISO never tastes as good as BHO IMO

Spray the bho in your dish and get it to a 'concrete' form, but dont scrape it up. Add a little ethanol to redissovle the bho, now put this in the freezer for 24 hours. Refilter into new dish(You will be surprised at how much waxes get stuck in the filter), purge the oil and you will be left with the best oil ever.

Sour Deez,

weedemon

enthusiast
Errl said:
weedemon said:
the mighty mite budder!

30 grams of bud in, 3.8g of first wash! another .9 on the 2nd (didn't looks like this stuff was a darker green wax.

Gah that looks splendid! Any chance you can throw me some advice on how to get budder instead of shatter? Is it possible to get budder from just trim?

Shisha can you explain how you mean using iso as a cosolvent?

it buddered all on it's own! i didnt' do anyhting out of the ordinary. certain strains will do it.

i find that hwen the bubbles of butane are popping away in the dish if those bubbles are cloudy instead of clear you can be sure you have budder on your hands.

I also have been told that supposedly if you dont clean the dish between runs the remains from the last bacth sometimes helps in making your current batch budder up too.

then htere are oils that will auto budder a few days after you make it. my sensi star was one. looked like a nice oil then 3 days later it expanded and had buddered

weedemon,

Errl

Errl is wild. I love that it comes in so many different forms and that each form has its own useful applications haha

Errl,

stroh

errl enthusiast
if you want budder, increase your purge temps, and whip it up. moisture also helps. this is also the first time i've heard of anybody wanting budder over shatter!

cloudy bubbles and autobuddering indicate trapped butane, cloudy is bad :(

stroh,

SD_haze

this is also the first time i've heard of anybody wanting budder over shatter!

yeah, doesnt budder lose potency much much faster than oil/shatter?
(since its much more exposed to air particles)

SD_haze,

Errl

Haha really? So do I have it backwards... Shatter is what people strive to get?

Errl,

stroh

errl enthusiast
SD_haze said:
this is also the first time i've heard of anybody wanting budder over shatter!

yeah, doesnt budder lose potency much much faster than oil/shatter?
(since its much more exposed to air particles)
this is the reason most people prefer oil to budder, as it degrades at a much quicker rate, becomes dry and crumbly, and therefore harder to dab.

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
i hear they charge more for budder at dispensaries i think it's simply because people have been told its a better product. really though i think it comes down to personal preference. sometimes budder is hard to stick to dabbers, but it is also easier to handle and touch.

without doing any research on it i feel ok with trusting you guys on that one. i wouldn't know.

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i have no bias against budder, but a lot of the time it happens, trapped butane is the culprit and trapped tane is bad. as for it degrading faster, just think for a second, what degrades THC? light and exposure to air. when you whip up budder, you are trapping air, and creating a more stable, but porous substance. shatter is much harder for oxygen to permeate and thus, retains its potency and flavor much longer than budder.

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
that's a sound explanation man :p i hope there isn't tane in my budder here. it tastes fine. i didn't whip it either.

the bubbles had a notably cloudy look to them right from the get go. whenever i see this my oil has been a budder product at the end. i like both forms

if it is culprit to tane in the oil still then surely further purging will fix this?

weedemon,

stroh

errl enthusiast
yes, a further purge will definitely work, just be as gentle as possible and use as little heat as possible. my grape god shatter still had some tane trapped in it, (i actually don't prefer shatter either, it is easy for tane to get trapped in it, i like a nice taffy consistency) so i purged it some more and it buddered on me, so i melted it down to get the last of the tane out and it turned back into shatter. in order to release all the trapped tane, the budder must become viscous, if there is still tane in it it will froth with bubbles like crazy, most of which will be cloudy when it stops reacting

stroh,

Errl

Just ran the rest of the trim I had... Turned out to be way more than I thought and I got 3 tube loads instead of 1. Then I ran everything I had done BHO on through a QW of iso. Resulting liquid is extremely green so I'm guessing low quality but it'll be nice for bowl toppers.

Trying purging directly to parchment paper on both the QWISO and the BHO. Looking good so far on both but time will tell.

Errl,

Errl

Just came the closest I've ever come to puking from smoking. Took a big dab and I instantly choked when I cleared my bong and it was game over after that. Sweating, coughing/wheezing, stumbling and falling. Quite a nasty time!

In other news, very excited for this stuff to finish purging!

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

Errl,

weedemon

enthusiast
^ nice color man :)

@ stroh thanks dude i took half of it out as an experiment to see if it would purge further. and your right it totally did! i am using a mini vial to melt it in and am planning on pouring out out onto parchment paper to cool then i can do w/e with it probably put it back in my dish. or an omi cart :)

weedemon,

Sour Deez

Anyone see my post earlier?

You want to purge the bho before you add the alchohol. I wouldent use ISO since it leaves an odd taste. Ethanol is the way to go. Dont scrape the bho up yet, add the ethanol then the bho will redissolve, put this in freezer for 24 hours. This process is called winterization. You will see little white stuff floating in your mixture, these are waxes and shit you dont want. Re-filter into new dish(you will be surprised at how much shit gets stuck in the filter) and purge like normal. You will be left with the cleanest oil you ever had.

Sour Deez,

Errl

Thanks weedemon! Yea I'm pretty stoked on this stuff... Like I said I ended up with 3 tube loads in my small tube. This yielded a little over 3.2g and I believe each tube holds about 10-12g of trim so not too bad!

Seriously guys, you've gotta try purging directly to parchment paper! I seriously feel like I am getting a significant amount more from my yields strictly because I'm not losing stuff during the scraping process. After I've worked the hash together into whatever shape I want and am all done collecting I see zero residue left on the paper.

Errl,

Errl

And Deez sounds interesting, but for me personally I don't mind waxes and stuff in my errl. Maybe it's because I've never had it without waxes and other crap, but I feel like the errl I've got is potent enough and smooth enough that I can't justify losing weight for an increase in taste/smoothness (this process won't effect overall potency, right?)

Errl,

StickyShisha2

stroh said:
you could still do that by blasting into a jar filled with some alcohol, then putting a filter over the jar and straining into an evap dish.

i blasted into a clean jar. evapped in the jar (scrapable, if i could reach it).
then added some alcohol and swished it around to wash the sides down to the bottom.
put on a filter lid. placed in freezer.

later, i poured the mixture into a pyrex (through the filter lid) dish #1
set to evap now.

open the jar and there is some residue in the jar and on the filter.
i add some iso shake and pour thruogh lid into dish #2 (didn't want to contaminate dish 1 if the iso re-melted the waxes). set to evap

looking in the filter now. this stuff is whiter (less yellow) than it was before so i guess dish 2 has some goodies.

StickyShisha2,

Errl

I am suuuuuuch an idiot! Was purging some stuff on parchment paper in the oven... 2g rock of oil fell off and deep into the bottom of the oven.

All I can say is thank god it's shatter! I'm going to let the oven cool down and hopefully the oil will harden back up and I can rescue it!

Errl,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
2418s5w.jpg

The big one on the left is the first wash of my new run, middle is the 2nd wash. 3rd is my last run from last week that has kind of "buddered" up on me while being stored.

1.5g, .15g and .45g respectively.

with this new run I ran 10gs of some very nice dank nug. got 1.5 first wash + .15 second wash. 16.5% return!

stainless steel turkey baster, pyrex dishes. That parchment tip really is nice too Errl! I found it to come off pretty easily as I laid it flat on my kitchen counter.

MarcellusWiley,

Errl

Alright so on the ISO wash of the already BHO'd trim didn't work out as well on the parchment paper. Looks like some of the oils were absorbed by the paper, but whatever because I still got around a 4g yield.

Errl,
Top Bottom