Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
MarcellusWiley said:
Yea I've found the vials are kind of annoying to clean but an overnight iso soak and a q-tip scraped off most of the residue off. I actually just recently got 50 vials off ebay for 20.00 with free first class shipping. Split them with my friend who has an eclipse, we both got 25 vials for 10 dollars. Pretty nice deal!

My kit came with 3. I ordered 15 extra vials off ebay for 6.95 and free shipping. That should do it!

JDSupreme,

gvape

I went all out and I think I found an auction for $25, $30 at most for a case of 100 viles, maybe more who knows, it was a while back. I only use them a few times and then toss, so nice having the luxury of not cleaning them. I tried cleaning it a few times.... never again, what a waste of time. I suggest buying in bulk and sharing with a friend/keeping them for yourself, it would be hard to regret.

gvape,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Update: The paperclip worked fine. I'm feeling kinda like :o right now.

Thanks all!

Stu,

weedemon

enthusiast
my mighty mite batch returned a 15.6% return. 3.9g first wash, turned into a light green creamy and slightly chalky budder the 2nd also buddered but was dark green and more sticky. closer to a wax if i'm honest.

picks of the first wash to come, but 2nd is all in my last omicron cartomizer and blazing strong! :)

weedemon,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
man can't wait to see the pictures!

you guys are giving me that omicron itch too! I got too many toys right now though! And the cloud coming!
wallet says no! but my concentrate stash says yes!

MarcellusWiley,

Errl

IMAG0386.jpg

I'm making my own omicron. Going to make it super beefy though, 6V battery and super low resistance cartomizers would make for a killer oil vape! The Omicron runs on standard 3.7V ecig battery and probably a low resistance cartomizer as well, so my model will be able to pull much more amps thus produce more heat. By the way, it's so long because I dont have the right batteries yet so I just used my Powerex 2700 batteries from my MFLB and those are only 1.2V a piece so I needed 5 of them stacked to make 6V. Real version will only have two small batteries that produce 3V each.

Guys the Omicron is cool, but google "CripSkillz" for a thread on tokecity about filling your own e cigs with hash oil. The results seem to practically mirror the performance of the Omicron for a small fraction of the price (e cig kit w/ 2 batteries = $40 and dual coil low resistance cartomizers = $10)

Has anyone ever tried running BHO into a pyrex lined with parchment paper? I just gave it a go on a small run of 2nd wash trim... By all means please let me know if there's something dangerous/stupid about this? I just HATE scraping pyrex so anything I can do to avoid that would be great.

Errl,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Errl said:
Has anyone ever tried running BHO into a pyrex lined with parchment paper? I just gave it a go on a small run of 2nd wash trim... By all means please let me know if there's something dangerous/stupid about this? I just HATE scraping pyrex so anything I can do to avoid that would be great.
Few methods to ease the scrape..
Scrape when its still frosty it is easier. Another thing i've done it is to pour a bit of hot water when it is still frosty then it is very easy to collect the oil under water cause particles stick together as soon as they come in contact. THC is not water soluble ofc.
Another thing i've done is to freeze the oil when i evaporated the butane.. It is qute easy to scrape/.. And my most recent tech is to scrape as much as i can and then add few drops of iso and collect the stuff stuck on the angles with a my finger into a medical glove.. If smth left on the glove i dip it in the collected iso/bho
And it is clean in seconds :).
I will never bake my oil again.. (in oven) .. It becomes darker and stickier and stonier .. and almost impossible to scrape. I purge on my kitchen absorber :) .

Abysmal Vapor,

Errl

Purging onto parchment paper = GREAT SUCCESS!

I just taped it to my pyrex dish, purged onto it, allowed to evap, placed in oven at 160 for a few minutes to get the last bit off and now I'm working it into a shape with the paper. Easiest and quickest way I think I've ever seen! No scraping required!

Errl,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Errl said:
Purging onto parchment paper = GREAT SUCCESS!

I just taped it to my pyrex dish, purged onto it, allowed to evap, placed in oven at 160 for a few minutes to get the last bit off and now I'm working it into a shape with the paper. Easiest and quickest way I think I've ever seen! No scraping required!

Nice! I'll have to try this on my next run!!! EXCELLENT IDEA

JDSupreme,

weedemon

enthusiast
the mighty mite budder!

23h6pao.jpg

30 grams of bud in, 3.9g of first wash! another .8 on the 2nd (didn't looks like this stuff was a darker green wax.

weedemon,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
You guys go me sooo hooked on oil. I vaped trench last night and its just not the same. I was originally planning on saving a few grams out of each zip I buy and make oil every couple months....I'm picking up a zip on friday and I'm prob gonna run half of it lol. Shit is too damn good! And not to mention im SUPER baked for like 4+ hours off 0.03g dab. Insane.

Also, having a scale that weighs 0.01g is key to measuring dosage. I got a little jewelry digi off ebay for $12 shipped. Perfect oil scale!

JDSupreme,

Errl

Hahaha same thing happened with me JD! I had my first taste of the errl and was just like what the hell have I been doing this whole time?? My favorite part by far is introducing others to it, people freak out when they realize they can actually get stoned again!

And I ended up doing another run last night just because I love how EASY and FAST it is to do now! No scraping, nothing left over or left behind, plus you dont even really need a pyrex dish anymore just parchment paper.

Errl,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Errl said:
Hahaha same thing happened with me JD! I had my first taste of the errl and was just like what the hell have I been doing this whole time?? My favorite part by far is introducing others to it, people freak out when they realize they can actually get stoned again!

And I ended up doing another run last night just because I love how EASY and FAST it is to do now! No scraping, nothing left over or left behind, plus you dont even really need a pyrex dish anymore just parchment paper.

Haha hell ya! I'm definitely going to try the spray straight to paper lined dish thing next run. I keep my shatter in a fold of parchment paper. 1 hour before a sesh I throw it in the freezer so I can get a clean break off. Its easier to get it down in the bottom of the vial when its real cold obviously.

Pumped for the next run, which will now be Friday :p Gonna run 12g's, or whatever I can get in the Honey Bee. Run a can through once with whole buds for the killer oil. Crush the hell out of it and another shoot 3/4 can. Can't wait :D

JDSupreme,

Errl

Woo man I wish I was running buds... Only trim oil for me! One thing I did was tilt the tray so that the oil will collect in a smaller area and be less spread out when it comes time to collect.

Errl,

StickyShisha2

someone i was chatting with online said that he uses iso as a co-solvent when running butane.
says it helps purge the butane.

i'm not sure what the advantages of this would be, but i'm going to try a run his way.

Errl said:
Woo man I wish I was running buds... Only trim oil for me! One thing I did was tilt the tray so that the oil will collect in a smaller area and be less spread out when it comes time to collect.

Is it possible to get budder from just trim?

yes, when i've run sugary looking trim it buddered up.

StickyShisha2,

Errl

weedemon said:
the mighty mite budder!

30 grams of bud in, 3.8g of first wash! another .9 on the 2nd (didn't looks like this stuff was a darker green wax.

Gah that looks splendid! Any chance you can throw me some advice on how to get budder instead of shatter? Is it possible to get budder from just trim?

Shisha can you explain how you mean using iso as a cosolvent?

Errl,

StickyShisha2

Errl said:

he adds an ounce of iso to the pie dish while the butane is still liquid, then lets it purge without heat.

i want to try adding an oz of freezer cold iso into the packed extractor tube before pushing the gas through.

StickyShisha2,

stroh

errl enthusiast
StickyShisha said:
Errl said:

he adds an ounce of iso to the pie dish while the butane is still liquid, then lets it purge without heat.

i want to try adding an oz of freezer cold iso into the packed extractor tube before pushing the gas through.

if you do try this, refilter the alcohol/butane/extract, as alcohol is a polar solvent(butane being non-polar), and plant waxes and fats will not be redissolved in the alcohol.

I've been meaning to give this tech a go, i just hate how long it takes for alcohol to dissolve, and part of me feels like you will lose a decent amount of volatile terpenes using this method, as ISO never tastes as good as BHO IMO

stroh,

StickyShisha2

but i believe he adds the iso to the pie dish to keep the butane saturated errl liquidy, allowing the gas to more easily evaporate without adding heat

so how do i get the terps and the cana oils alone, without the plant waxes?

StickyShisha2,

stroh

errl enthusiast
you could still do that by blasting into a jar filled with some alcohol, then putting a filter over the jar and straining into an evap dish.

stroh,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
What's the tool called that can scrape the rounded corners of a pyrex dish? It was like an arts and crafts something...

JDSupreme,

stroh

errl enthusiast
you need the curved blade attachment for the exacto, but i just heat my dish prior to the spray to contain the blast radius away from any corners. alternatively a thin razor blade can be used, just make sure it doesn't snap from too much bending

stroh,
Top Bottom