• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

dondada

A big HELLO from outta germany :wave:
....just received my slug.33 :clap:
The vice is on its way and I´m so looking forward to do my first presses:)
I read about 90% of the last 50 pages and want to say a big THANK YOU for your tips+tricks:tup:
Keep your fingers crossed, that my excitement will survive my first presses:lol:

Bless ya all...

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
I read about 90% of the last 50 pages and want to say a big THANK YOU for your tips+tricks:tup:
Keep your fingers crossed, that my excitement will survive my first presses:lol:

Bless ya all...
There is a learning curve, so expect that going in, but if you give it a few tries, you’ll be very happy with your purchase.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Bless ya all...

Welcome. I look forward to hearing about your experiences! :wave:

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755

Bless ya all...

Updates? How's it going?

Anyone else got anything new to add?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Deuce is a very nice tool for fast solventless extractions for personnal use, since I got the tek right now I'm getting between 0.20-0.25 for each 2gr press, most returns are sappy and tend to budder. Enough to last me 2 or 3 days. Last press was from Hazelicious, got a good 0.25 and I can see a lot is still in the puck maybe 0.05... I vape the rosin chips from my Deuce in my Rift by Vivant which is a pretty efficient conduction vape able to extract everything even from a compressed chips, I break some small piece I stuck in the 3 bowl's compartments. I vape the rosin in my enail, induction Legend enail, Quartz Quest and Straw :tup: but never in my Hercule or tanks cause it tend to gunk things too fast.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The Deuce is a very nice tool for fast solventless extractions for personnal use, since I got the tek right now I'm getting between 0.20-0.25 for each 2gr press, most returns are sappy and tend to budder. Enough to last me 2 or 3 days. Last press was from Hazelicious, got a good 0.25 and I can see a lot is still in the puck maybe 0.05... I vape the rosin chips from my Deuce in my Rift by Vivant which is a pretty efficient conduction vape able to extract everything even from a compressed chips, I break some small piece I stuck in the 3 bowl's compartments. I vape the rosin in my enail, induction Legend enail, Quartz Quest and Straw :tup: but never in my Hercule or tanks cause it tend to gunk things too fast.

How is the quality of your starting material? 0.2 seems like a low yield for 2 grams. Ive never used the slug.33 but using normal plates and a clamp i easily get back 0.15-0.2 per gram i press

Lateralus303

Just bought the Deuce on Monday. Gonna give this thing a go when I get it. No confirmation yet, but based off of the posts that I seen, it should come by Friday...is that right? I will be posting some videos here shortly...the minute I get it.

Lateralus303,
Reactions: Squiby

PPN

Volute of Vapor
the minute I get it.
I recommand you to wait until you mastered the Slug's tek, I had a few fails before to get the hang out of it. Even now it happens I get some issues... for my last press I forgotten how the ambient temperature is high and heated my Deuce similarly I did in winter... and got a black goo where all the terps was already vaporized by the Deuce since the high temp used. There is a learning curve.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sorry for the back to back post but I got a very successfull press today with my Deuce, rainy day, not working, lazy day... I let an opened jar which took a lot of the ambient humidity, very spongy weed absolutly ungroundable... so I thought it was a good time to take out my Deuce... wasn't expecting a lot since it was a homegrown cross between a local unknown sativa and a Afgani which looks and smells very good and is very sticky but doesn't provide a stoney effect at all, more a sativa heady high...

I cannot believed my eyes when I saw so much rosin to flow out even before I started to press a lot, I didn't weight it but I think I'm in a good 15-20% yield range maybe more cause it was so runny it wasn't easy to get an idea of the exact amount. But I'm very happy since I usually got less and even only half of that!

My concern about rosin is how much it sizzles on the nail... is it a sign of contaminants? maybe water? Did you let your rosin "dry" a few days before to vape it? usually I press and vape all in a day or two (here it will last a bit more!)?

Sorry I haven't pics to share. Thank you @Abysmal Vapor for the stainless steel backplate to replace the parchment, not easy for scraping but an healthier surface for sure.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
@PPN That's most likely moisture in the rosin, sounds like your starting material was fairly humid. You could take the lid off your jar and stick it between the plates or on a hot plate @ about 130 degrees for an hour or so. I do that occasionally with sappier rosin to get a more budder-like consistency and might help evaporate a bit of that extra moisture.

@invertedisdead and I were just talking about this and he mentioned some commentary from Frenchy Cannoli about the amount of "juice" from the plant that might be making its way into our rosin. Seems to be one of the major reasons hash rosin feels cleaner.

Conventional wisdom tells us to keep bud decently humid (in the 62-68% range) but I've been hearing some talk from pros about keeping it lower, which sacrifices yield, but can result in a potentially higher quality product. Everyone has different goals and tastes though, in the end it's all about what you enjoy! :peace:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@PPN Outside of the plant juices itself, you can also introduce moisture into the rosin during collection if you used an ice pack or freezer.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thanks for the replies, yes @superdang9000 my concern was all this moisture which sizzle and hurt the taste, will try some dry buds too. I thought moisture was the key but finally, even if it helps for yield it's not good for quality rosin.

I thought cannabinoid wasn't soluble in water although it looks like it's not the case using rosin tek, somebody can explain me the science behind?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
somebody can explain me the science behind?

When rosin first came out there were all sorts of theories about the science behind it, one of the popular ones was that the steam was assisting in extraction and an emphasis was placed on relative humidity of your flower.

Now a days I think it's pretty well accepted that we're literally just melting the resin off the plant. Or in the case of hash rosin, the press is serving mostly as a filtration medium to separate the resin from the resin heads.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have been looking for a home based rosin solution, and have seteled on the slug 33.

I have had a read through.I think the deuce size seems right for me. Can anyone with a deuce recomend a vice for this?

Is dabbing.de the only retailer in europe? I am in the UK.

oddjobold,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I just stumbled onto this thread and saw this video...

...and thought to myself - "Self - this is a perfect application for an induction heater."

Anyone else agree? Or do I need to read those other 49 pages :brow:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
50 pages and only 2 pictures of nice-looking rosin...and they were not made by the slug, why does it all look like too hot and too much pressure. I have pressed 18-month-old buds, old crappy bush and they all come out light and clear unless I use too much heat and or pressure.:hmm:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Sick Vape
Top Bottom