Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Not really complaining, but that’s out of an eighth. When I broke up the puck, I smoked a bit - substantially more potent than the unpressed. Still working on my heating, I suppose.

Question to the crew: who knows about dab straws and such? There’s a niche in my ecosystem....

Gonzo_Dabs

Dab straws/honey straws are cool Lou. If you don't want to use a rig or prefer the way the straw works I've heard of and had good experiences with them. Are you familiar with them and are asking our opinions or are you wanting to learn more about them and asking us that? I've seen some really really cool looking ones at my local headshops. More portable and less of a hassle in some ways than a rig.

I haven't used my slug in a couple months but not for lack of desire. My Deuce hasn't been touched since I got it for fear of messing up over and over and wasting twice the weed I wasted learning on the slug. I guess "wasted' isn't a good word. Hopefully by the end of this year I will be able to score a good amount of flower and I will have one day where I slug it out like a madman. And of course document and post my finding ls for y'all lovely people.

@PPN
I don't know that the fumes is a sign of overheating. Just heating. The slug is hot enough to make rosin so naturally if rosin comes in contact with the slug it will vaporize. As long as the slug doesn't look like you dropped a solid gram of wax straight onto it a little smoke is normal.

Anyone else here have different thoughts?

ClearBlueLou

I am familiar with and have used them, silicone and glass, quartz and Ti nails.
Haven’t used them a whole lot, though, but I find I have preferences.

I’m looking for a small (<=7”) glass bubbler straw, 10mm(?), maybe 15mm wide in the body. Compared to the silicone and teardrop shapes , it handles better. My friend has no idea how he ended up with it, and I’ve been scouring trying to find anything like it.

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: steama

steama

I am familiar with and have used them, silicone and glass, quartz and Ti nails.
Haven’t used them a whole lot, though, but I find I have preferences.

I’m looking for a small (<=7”) glass bubbler straw, 10mm(?), maybe 15mm wide in the body. Compared to the silicone and teardrop shapes , it handles better. My friend has no idea how he ended up with it, and I’ve been scouring trying to find anything like it.
Check this out from my favorite vape company, NewVape

https://www.newvape.com/honeysuckle-vaporizer

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Without the ability to cap and really milk it, I never got any efficiency from straws.... you can expect to plow through a ton of material and retains great flavor.

ClearBlueLou

I have *seen* folks, as you say, PLOWING them resources...for me, straws seem like a relatively zipless procedure for having *a dab*. Lots of stuff in flux at the moment, hoping to be in different circumstances by next Ungrateful Immigrants Day, but for now, something like that (or a pocket vape that I can put my forgings into with minimal pre-treatment and minimal loss) will mean the difference between dabs and no dabs for the short term.

ClearBlueLou,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Smoke...no! but hot enough to vape most of the oil which sit on the Deuce... especially when I put it away from the parchment... upside down so the oil dripped along of the Deuce body and was slightly vaporized.

BUT I realized I set my torch at max by mistake (usually I set it closer to the mini).

Can I say this is a game changer for me, can't wait to test the stainless steel back plate @Abysmal Vapor sent me!

danielhemp

First of all, excuse me for my bad English. Hi all…
I have read the 49 pages with your comments and I am very excited to make new presses.
I am from Peru and I would like to tell you my history and experience with the Slug.33
I am 41 years old and I smoked since I was 15 (yes, many years) and they followed me and I wanted to focus on quality and not quantity, on the 100 USD list. smells the whole room) at around 400USD an ounce.
That's why it has been easy for me and "cheap" to do my tests.
It all started on Instagram, when I saw the SLUG I said: this is for me; So I asked you and your day arrived at 20 days.
It was very difficult to buy.
Seeing that the press will not get, the great @Nattybushdoctor will be asked, along with the leak eliminator kit and the Whip-it
With all my complete KIT, I tell you my experience, comments and some questions to help me.

Experience:
  1. It was crushed 15 times so far.
  2. 3 failures
  3. 4 with very low performance (-4%)
  4. 8 with acceptable performance (10%)
  5. The best method he has found is the motion elimination kit, the leak eliminator kit, once it is ready to be adjusted, it can not be stopped, but it can not be stopped. What's new?
  6. Another important fact is that I think the humidity of the grass is key, some colophonies come out hard and others very liquid and slimy
  7. I think it's a great invention but I feel that something is missing, which I think is in the last half centimeter.

Queries:
  1. What would happen if I squeeze fresh and frozen weed? Will I get living resin? Has anyone tried? Or will I just make a weed puree?
  2. Do you think a 10% yield is good? I will try to hang some photos so that the quality of the grass
  3. I think the ideal would be to have two slugs, the letter and the date to interspersed and never stop using
  4. I've never had colophony on the opposite side of the bullet, I read that some yes; What is the purpose of the copper ring? Is it because it covers the space of the silicone? If I do not use it, I should use 2g instead of 2.2?
  5. In some heated, what is normal? Or should I lower the time to heat the bullet?
  6. At first if I fired fire for 2m nothing came out, then I went to 2:15 and until 2:20 but then I leave the flame static, with 2:00 it is enough, but as I mentioned, selling something good and difficult to get it out of the parchment
  7. What happens if there is less grass to the bullet (1.7 g) in order to avoid the trickle; % of performance gets worse? I do not want to try and spoil it
  8. Has someone got crushed remains? Leaves, etc? Since the case would use more calories? 2:30?
  9. With the compressed remains used to make butter, it went great even though some of the steamed and super well.
  10. Very well the idea of cleaning the waste of the bullet with the role of the liar, a success ... If I see that there is a lot, I let it cool and collect
For now that's all.

danielhemp

[QUOTE = "danielhemp, post: 1332387, miembro: 41440"] En primer lugar, discúlpeme por mi mal inglés. Hola a todos…
He leído las 49 páginas con sus comentarios y estoy muy emocionado de hacer nuevas imprentas.
Soy de Perú y me gustaría contarles mi historia y experiencia con el Slug.33
Tengo 41 años y fumé desde que tenía 15 (sí, muchos años) y me siguieron y quería centrarme en la calidad y no en la cantidad, en la lista de los 100 USD. huele toda la habitación) a alrededor de 400 USD una onza.
Por eso me ha resultado fácil y barato hacer mis pruebas.
Todo comenzó en Instagram, cuando vi la FALTA dije: esto es para mí; Así que te lo pedí y tu día llegó a los 20 días.
Fue muy difícil de comprar.
Al ver que la prensa no obtendrá, se le pedirá al gran [USUARIO = 35023] @Nattybushdoctor [/ USUARIO], junto con el kit de eliminación de fugas y el Whip-it
Con todo mi KIT completo, te cuento mi experiencia, comentarios y algunas preguntas para ayudarme.

Experiencia:
  1. Fue aplastado 15 veces hasta ahora.
  2. 3 fallas
  3. 4 con muy bajo rendimiento (-4%)
  4. 8 con rendimiento aceptable (10%)
  5. El mejor método que ha encontrado es el kit de eliminación de movimiento, el kit eliminador de fugas, una vez que está listo para ser ajustado, no se puede detener, pero no se puede detener. ¿Qué hay de nuevo?
  6. Otro dato importante es que creo que la humedad de la hierba es clave, algunas colofonías salen duras y otras muy líquidas y viscosas.
  7. Creo que es un gran invento, pero siento que falta algo, que creo que está en el último medio centímetro.

Consultas:
  1. ¿Qué pasaría si exprimiera maleza fresca y congelada? ¿Recibiré resina viva? ¿Alguien lo ha intentado? ¿O simplemente haré un puré de hierba?
  2. ¿Crees que un 10% de rendimiento es bueno? Intentaré colgar algunas fotos para que la calidad del pasto.
  3. Creo que lo ideal sería tener dos babosas, la letra y la fecha para intercalar y nunca dejar de usar
  4. Nunca he tenido una colofonía en el lado opuesto de la bala, leí que algo sí; ¿Cuál es el propósito del anillo de cobre? ¿Es porque cubre el espacio de la silicona? Si no lo uso, debería usar 2g en lugar de 2.2?
  5. En algunos climatizados, ¿qué es normal? ¿O debería bajar el tiempo para calentar la bala?
  6. Al principio, si encendí fuego durante 2 m, no salió nada, luego fui a las 2:15 y hasta las 2:20, pero luego dejo la llama estática, a las 2:00 es suficiente, pero como mencioné, vendí algo bueno y difícil. para sacarlo del pergamino
  7. ¿Qué sucede si hay menos hierba en la bala (1.7 g) para evitar el goteo? ¿El% de rendimiento empeora? No quiero intentar estropearlo.
  8. ¿Alguien ha aplastado los restos? Hojas, etc? ¿Como el caso usaría más calorías? 2:30?
  9. Con los restos comprimidos utilizados para hacer mantequilla, funcionó bien, aunque algunos de los al vapor y super bien.
  10. Muy bien la idea de limpiar los residuos de la bala con el papel del mentiroso, todo un éxito ... Si veo que hay mucho, lo dejo enfriar y lo colecciono.
Por ahora eso es todo. [/ QUOTE]

Echa un vistazo en mi instagram público: vuelamariaperu for images

danielhemp,

Gonzo_Dabs

I wish my Spanish was as good as it should be.

Your pictures look good though! Nice ring and nice color and not a lot of material on the parchment.

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
[QUOTE = "danielhemp, post: 1332387, miembro: 41440"] En primer lugar, discúlpeme por mi mal inglés. Hola a todos…
He leído las 49 páginas con sus comentarios y estoy muy emocionado de hacer nuevas imprentas.
Soy de Perú y me gustaría contarles mi historia y experiencia con el Slug.33
Tengo 41 años y fumé desde que tenía 15 (sí, muchos años) y me siguieron y quería centrarme en la calidad y no en la cantidad, en la lista de los 100 USD. huele toda la habitación) a alrededor de 400 USD una onza.
Por eso me ha resultado fácil y barato hacer mis pruebas.
Todo comenzó en Instagram, cuando vi la FALTA dije: esto es para mí; Así que te lo pedí y tu día llegó a los 20 días.
Fue muy difícil de comprar.
Al ver que la prensa no obtendrá, se le pedirá al gran [USUARIO = 35023] @Nattybushdoctor [/ USUARIO], junto con el kit de eliminación de fugas y el Whip-it
Con todo mi KIT completo, te cuento mi experiencia, comentarios y algunas preguntas para ayudarme.

Experiencia:
  1. Fue aplastado 15 veces hasta ahora.
  2. 3 fallas
  3. 4 con muy bajo rendimiento (-4%)
  4. 8 con rendimiento aceptable (10%)
  5. El mejor método que ha encontrado es el kit de eliminación de movimiento, el kit eliminador de fugas, una vez que está listo para ser ajustado, no se puede detener, pero no se puede detener. ¿Qué hay de nuevo?
  6. Otro dato importante es que creo que la humedad de la hierba es clave, algunas colofonías salen duras y otras muy líquidas y viscosas.
  7. Creo que es un gran invento, pero siento que falta algo, que creo que está en el último medio centímetro.

Consultas:
  1. ¿Qué pasaría si exprimiera maleza fresca y congelada? ¿Recibiré resina viva? ¿Alguien lo ha intentado? ¿O simplemente haré un puré de hierba?
  2. ¿Crees que un 10% de rendimiento es bueno? Intentaré colgar algunas fotos para que la calidad del pasto.
  3. Creo que lo ideal sería tener dos babosas, la letra y la fecha para intercalar y nunca dejar de usar
  4. Nunca he tenido una colofonía en el lado opuesto de la bala, leí que algo sí; ¿Cuál es el propósito del anillo de cobre? ¿Es porque cubre el espacio de la silicona? Si no lo uso, debería usar 2g en lugar de 2.2?
  5. En algunos climatizados, ¿qué es normal? ¿O debería bajar el tiempo para calentar la bala?
  6. Al principio, si encendí fuego durante 2 m, no salió nada, luego fui a las 2:15 y hasta las 2:20, pero luego dejo la llama estática, a las 2:00 es suficiente, pero como mencioné, vendí algo bueno y difícil. para sacarlo del pergamino
  7. ¿Qué sucede si hay menos hierba en la bala (1.7 g) para evitar el goteo? ¿El% de rendimiento empeora? No quiero intentar estropearlo.
  8. ¿Alguien ha aplastado los restos? Hojas, etc? ¿Como el caso usaría más calorías? 2:30?
  9. Con los restos comprimidos utilizados para hacer mantequilla, funcionó bien, aunque algunos de los al vapor y super bien.
  10. Muy bien la idea de limpiar los residuos de la bala con el papel del mentiroso, todo un éxito ... Si veo que hay mucho, lo dejo enfriar y lo colecciono.
Por ahora eso es todo. [/ QUOTE]

Echa un vistazo en mi instagram público: vuelamariaperu for images
The Deuce is designed to be heated for 2 minutes or less. Turn up your flames intensity if need be to keep extraction at 2 minutes or less.
Copper washer is for use when using seep kit. Without seep kit no need for copper washer.
All Slug.33's must be loaded to capacity. The Deuce is 2 grams. 2.2 max regardless of whether seep kit is being used. Yields will totally depend on quality of flower. Moisture is key, dry flower yields far less.

Gonzo_Dabs

Used the slug again for the first time in a minute last night. Like riding a bike. 1:15. Even twisting speed throughout the heating process. And I got 3 dabs worth (well 2. 1 that was waaay too big and put me out for a good while so that one could have been 2) of very nice looking rosin. There's no honeymoon stage with the slug. It'll always be fucking awesome.

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Used the slug again for the first time in a minute last night. Like riding a bike. 1:15. Even twisting speed throughout the heating process. And I got 3 dabs worth (well 2. 1 that was waaay too big and put me out for a good while so that one could have been 2) of very nice looking rosin. There's no honeymoon stage with the slug. It'll always be fucking awesome.
Love this so much! I feel the same way. Thanks for sharing this.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Ready for New Years Eve. Pressing for midnight dabs!

IMG-0098.jpg

It's a start....
IMG-0099.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Haha ! This year started great... I started heating the slug at 23:55 ,up to 110 C ,squished for a minute and by 23:59 ,i already managed to scrape some of the blondy goodness with a tiny wire i use for dabbing,got my heated banger waiting at 220C measured at the bottom of the banger with a thermistor,so i guess it must have been lower inside.. When the clock hit 00:00 i dropped it on the hot quartz surface and put the cap.. I didnt manage to finish it in one hit ,because it was just too much.. Anyway the temp seemed to be just perfect and the great taste remained also for the second hit,which got the room spinnin and made me think : What a great start of the 2019 it is !!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
What's funny is, the second gram I pressed last night didn't squeeze out jack shit. It was a different strain of flower than the first press in the image above.
I even broke up the puck and added a bit more, bringing the weight up to about 1.2, and it didn't blow out. Just produced a rock-solid puck that produced no rosin.
Funny, that particular second strain vapes just fine (it's not particularly weak or anything). It is what it is, I guess.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I got me a Slug.33 a while ago. It was marked as pollenpress and customs wanted their fair share, so it was not exactly a steal.

I only could use very low yield weed.
First try got me a little something. And yes it was worth it. :)
Then I fucked up on a couple of tries. But never give up trying.
After a while I managed to get around 2% yield. There is definitely better weed for squishing than what I used!
But it was so worth it for learning the process a bit!
And for tasting some rosin. Tasted a bit like caramel to me. I did like the effect.

I do not get to use the slug enough.

Top Bottom