Simrell Dynavap upgrade worth it?

OneMoreTime

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum - longtime combustor and first started vaping about 10 years ago with a Magic Flight Launch Box. I've been experimenting with some of the newer things on the market, mainly using a Tinymight 2 now, but I recently got a Dynavap M and induction heater that I'm in love with to the point that I'm even considering selling my Tinymight.

My question is: I've been eyeballing the Simrell modular vortex system for the Dynavap with a titanium vapcap and possibly a FMJ (although I know they aren't of use with an IH). Obviously there is a huge aesthetic improvement with the Simrell MVS, but for folks who have it and have also used the "regular" Dynavap M, did you find that the upgrade was worth the cost, performance-wise and flavor-wise? Would I be better off sticking with the normal vapcap and getting a glass stem instead?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!

OneMoreTime,
  • Wow
Reactions: cosimo

ibnganja

if you wanna be conscious of your spending -- I recommend going to TRWW (the rogue wax works) and getting a cooling unit for your vapcap M. That alone will makea difference. Or you could also get a MouthPeice to install, making it longer, and the vapor cooler and itll look more unique :)

but if you don't mind spending the $$ I recommend looking at MadHeaters Revolve first. The Gen2 is absolutely amazing and improved in so many ways. IMO its the coolest stem on the market. And the sheer options/customizeability it packs is quite impressive! I have an MVS and while I enjoy it and use it I prefer my Revolve. And while you're ordering the Revolve, get the "Reload" which is the best accessory you can get for your Vapcap! It is a very useful multitool (herb storage and decapper and screen setter, etc)

OneMoreTime

if you wanna be conscious of your spending -- I recommend going to TRWW (the rogue wax works) and getting a cooling unit for your vapcap M. That alone will makea difference. Or you could also get a MouthPeice to install, making it longer, and the vapor cooler and itll look more unique :)

but if you don't mind spending the $$ I recommend looking at MadHeaters Revolve first. The Gen2 is absolutely amazing and improved in so many ways. IMO its the coolest stem on the market. And the sheer options/customizeability it packs is quite impressive! I have an MVS and while I enjoy it and use it I prefer my Revolve. And while you're ordering the Revolve, get the "Reload" which is the best accessory you can get for your Vapcap! It is a very useful multitool (herb storage and decapper and screen setter, etc)
I'll check it out! Thanks!

Ariwe

I don't think there is much difference in functionality. But the aesthetic upgrade is significant... It's also why I went with the MVS vs the Revolve. I just love the streamlined look.

Ariwe,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I love my Simrell, but it (and other similar CU’s) have drawbacks. It absolutely works and in use it is fantastic, my major gripe is cleaning intervals, as the spiral clogs with honey relatively quick. If I was using a DV daily it would be my Omni hands down every single time, but if I am going to take a clean DV on a weekend trip? That would be the Simrell for sure.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
+1 for the Revolve! ;)

Love the gen 1, adore my gen 1.5 and now eagerly awaiting the gen 2 stems!
The cooling and adjustability are on a different level: it delivers ultra cool clouds or a hot direct draw and everything in between.

Personally i love the look of the finned Ti stems and i am fan of the perfect machining and the high level engineering!

And yeah: while you are at it do check out the Reload! It's my most used and loved vape accessory, it's always with me!

Texus

I felt that with IHs the Gen 1 Revolve stem got hotter than I preferred. But the MVS did not. This is after multiple cycles tho.

I will second the rec of the TRWW stems too. They are too slept on. I love my Acrylic one with no carb that can also fit a 14mm female joint.

And be sure to think thru cleaning prefs. Wood is beautiful but not a drop it in iso kinda material. And I would advise against an unlined wood stem.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The Simrell MVS is a solid choice. I have the Revolve V1, with a V2 on order. Both are well machined, the simplicity of the parts design, makes me reach for the MVS. I’ve bought some other Simrell adapters, that have allowed me to use the stems on some of my other devices, like TM, Mighty, GH IO, as well as an MP for my 14mm glass water rigs. The Revolve line offers colors, the Simrell line has different finishes but based on the natural titanium color. Good luck!

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Petetbay

Clapped_r6

Another data point. My only simrell product is the warhead system, and it cools Way More than I thought it would,

Clapped_r6,

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
I felt that with IHs the Gen 1 Revolve stem got hotter than I preferred. But the MVS did not. This is after multiple cycles tho.

I will second the rec of the TRWW stems too. They are too slept on. I love my Acrylic one with no carb that can also fit a 14mm female joint.

And be sure to think thru cleaning prefs. Wood is beautiful but not a drop it in iso kinda material. And I would advise against an unlined wood stem.
What about acrylic with ISO? I don't know much about acrylic but I definitely have always had my eyes on TRWW stems. Big fan of his stuff definitely slept on by most

Gray Area

I use a short vortex stem with a 2018 ss tip.
Love the look of it and how easy it is to clean (one piece, no o-rings other than in the tip etc)…

I had to remove the spiral intercooler from my stem as (for me at least) it cooled the vapour too much.
Which I guess is the whole point of it, but I didn’t imagine for one min it would work as well as it does…

Not for me - I like the heat, but works incredibly well.

Gray Area,

PutOneInTheAir

I use a short vortex stem with a 2018 ss tip.
Love the look of it and how easy it is to clean (one piece, no o-rings other than in the tip etc)…

I had to remove the spiral intercooler from my stem as (for me at least) it cooled the vapour too much.
Which I guess is the whole point of it, but I didn’t imagine for one min it would work as well as it does…

Not for me - I like the heat, but works incredibly well.
I like the sound of that, not a fan on all the parts on my vong. Not terrible but I definitely like the more straight designs stems that you could just run a q-tip through or something.

PutOneInTheAir,

pmthokku

Hi folks,

I'm new to the forum - longtime combustor and first started vaping about 10 years ago with a Magic Flight Launch Box. I've been experimenting with some of the newer things on the market, mainly using a Tinymight 2 now, but I recently got a Dynavap M and induction heater that I'm in love with to the point that I'm even considering selling my Tinymight.

My question is: I've been eyeballing the Simrell modular vortex system for the Dynavap with a titanium vapcap and possibly a FMJ (although I know they aren't of use with an IH). Obviously there is a huge aesthetic improvement with the Simrell MVS, but for folks who have it and have also used the "regular" Dynavap M, did you find that the upgrade was worth the cost, performance-wise and flavor-wise? Would I be better off sticking with the normal vapcap and getting a glass stem instead?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!
I have the performance kit, which is a replacement condensor plus intercooler for the M. It is a massive improvement in cooling. The kit is comparatively cheap may be 40 bucks?

Last edited:
pmthokku,

PutOneInTheAir

I stopped using my intercooler I felt it did work good but it built up reclaim way too fast from the cooling I wanted that THC more in my system so I'm not using it nowadays. Definitely does i ts job if you want cooler vapor though but I can handle it without it

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
They can improve the dynavap experience. I don't want to yuck anyone's yum, but I guess for my money while I still love my dynas as an indestructible portable (or just a fun ritual), I don't think most of the aftermarket stems improve it enough to justify the price, personally. If I'm going to drop that kind of money I think there are better non-dyna experiences to be had with better flavor and cooling.

Another thought as it seems you dig the dyna ecosystem would be to just get some glass to use with it. The various stems can improve the experience on the go, but if you're using it at home a WPA and j-hook or some kind of water pipe offers much more cooling for a lot less money if you're okay with something from DHGate.

PutOneInTheAir

They can improve the dynavap experience. I don't want to yuck anyone's yum, but I guess for my money while I still love my dynas as an indestructible portable (or just a fun ritual), I don't think most of the aftermarket stems improve it enough to justify the price, personally. If I'm going to drop that kind of money I think there are better non-dyna experiences to be had with better flavor and cooling.

Another thought as it seems you dig the dyna ecosystem would be to just get some glass to use with it. The various stems can improve the experience on the go, but if you're using it at home a WPA and j-hook or some kind of water pipe offers much more cooling for a lot less money if you're okay with something from DHGate.

I agree 👍

To me the most notable change was using a glass stem that definitely improved the flavor and with this a regular carb design it hits really really hard but smooth.

Honestly comparing my M to my Vong, The performance is about the same not really that noticeable The only difference would be I could fine-tune the airport over the M and it's versatile on the shape for performance wise not a noticeable upgrade comparing stem to stem I do notice a difference between tips though stay in the steel versus titanium.

I usually try to go for the easiest stem to clean. But at the end of the day I'm a cheap ass. I get why everybody does it and it just pretty much personal preference.
If I invested in another thing it would be the low temp cap just so I know I would have a different experience I just don't do it because I have a portable induction heater that's hard to beat and I could adjust a profile on it. That was my game changer

emily

I’ve used my 2019m as a daily driver for years before recently getting an MVS. The MVS feels way fancier and cools a little but it’s largely the same as an M.

I wanted a nicer stem cause I use it so much, but honestly it’s only worth it if it makes you feel fancy while you use it.

hinglemccringleberry

I’ve used my 2019m as a daily driver for years before recently getting an MVS. The MVS feels way fancier and cools a little but it’s largely the same as an M.

I wanted a nicer stem cause I use it so much, but honestly it’s only worth it if it makes you feel fancy while you use it.

I don't think most of the aftermarket stems improve it enough to justify the price, personally. If I'm going to drop that kind of money I think there are better non-dyna experiences to be had with better flavor and cooling.

I beg to differ, with my OG Vortex I felt there was a substantial reduction in vapor harshness compared to my stock DV stem while also being more convenient to clean. And I had used a stock DV stem for several years. I wouldn't want to go back to one now.
The Vortex + Ti tip has been my DD for a few years now and will be forever at this point, the DV form factor fits my lifestyle like a glove so I fail to see how it's too expensive.. it checks all my boxes for speed, efficiency, ease of use, vapor potency, ease of maintenance, even flavor (just gotta keep it clean!).
People have paid more for a Mighty, if I did that I would hate my life but if that's what someone prefers, more power to them. Any vape is a tremendous value when it kills VAS and makes someone reach for it every day for life.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: RustyOldNail

floribud

Fwiw, I have several Ms including a 2021 with Simrell intercooler, I also have a 2021 Omni(which basically sits around), a Revolve (which also just sits around), an MVS, a BB9, a Tectonic with a jetpack (absolutely absurd looking but function) and an Assassin with a Simrell Stinger. The best of the bunch if the Assassin/Stinger with titanium tip. I absolutely love this thing. I can extend the Stinger to get just the right amount of resistance and then I just forget about it. That think can hit bowl after bowl without heating up too much. And when paired with Pipes' Brute your not going to need an FMJ

floribud,

flyin911

Use, Misuse, and Abuse!
+1 for the Revolve! ;)

Love the gen 1, adore my gen 1.5 and now eagerly awaiting the gen 2 stems!
The cooling and adjustability are on a different level: it delivers ultra cool clouds or a hot direct draw and everything in between.

Personally i love the look of the finned Ti stems and i am fan of the perfect machining and the high level engineering!

And yeah: while you are at it do check out the Reload! It's my most used and loved vape accessory, it's always with me!
You wouldn’t happen to be a HoneyBadger from Texas by chance would ya?

flyin911,
Top Bottom