Simrell Dynavap upgrade worth it?

coolbreeze

To me the most notable change was using a glass stem that definitely improved the flavor and with this a regular carb design it hits really really hard but smooth.

I say hold onto the M, and add a glass stem for cooling. I like the BB series for using through water but @GoodVibesBoro and HighArtisan make some beautiful glass stems for half or less than a Simrell/Revolve. Much easier to maintain as well.
I love the aftermarket cooling stems, and the glass stems (BBs or aftermarket) cool way above their price points, often better even than the good metal cooling stems.

2pumpchump

Guess this is as good of a place as any to introduce my self and put my $.02 in ! I'm 39 started burning with tobacco at 15 , 17.9 for flower I swapped to vaporizers years ago..you know when they made the good 1s that if you didn't know ohms law. They go BOOM lol for my nicotine intake .. I tried the dry vape adapter back then was a joke considering mods have improved so I guess they have 2???? Problem is I prefer flowers over concatenate on the everyday occasion! About 1 year ago a friend from out of town brought a DV M ...... I actually liked it the short time he was hear ...I price them and was like no way! Well 4 months later I have mail the adapter cable I expected and a 2021 M I did not ! That being said I have not put it down since !!! Since I have made 2 purchases from DV screen and o ring kit ... m and b for my dad and his friend........ next I and I repeat me myself and I ..messd up a cap .... so I bought an OMNI cap tip and coil kit for the days I do want castrate .a replacement cap . And low temperature cap along with the
Tectonic with a 2021 stainless tip and cap ..

Given me 2 working vaporizers and spare tip cap along with coil .... the techrinic is grate (if you're tech savvy and fix the leaks) . I use the OMNI tip on my M making easy to slide the condenser to adjust air flow and am loving it ... after fixing all the air leaks on my techrinic I'm currently running a 2.2 gram SILVER hand crafted FMJ have used copper and brass also .... first check the other cooler was mentioned upgrade to the titanium tips I highly suggest I have only used the Omni tip on my m but there's a major heat difference as far as the FMJ they're not but $10 get one try it I agree do not care for them on titanium works great on stainless steel my OPINION! YES I'm still torch heating... I would assume that you can use both in induction heating the FMJ would just act as a heat sink ???

But this post caught my attention because of you like the DV better than some of your other vaporizers iv been considering other options and or induction heating but now you have me rethinking other vaporizers and just going induction heating for my DV any portable vaporizers yaw recommend or say to complete stay away from !???

2pumpchump,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
But this post caught my attention because of you like the DV better than some of your other vaporizers iv been considering other options and or induction heating but now you have me rethinking other vaporizers and just going induction heating for my DV any portable vaporizers yaw recommend or say to complete stay away from !???
Own a collection of DV's and a number of 3rd party cooling stems TI/wood/glass that I've collected since 2017. They all produced thick vapor with a torch and IH that was reminiscent of a joint hit. Introduced many a combustion friend to vaping by introducing them to the DV.

Enter the BFG Dani. Last spring I purchased a Dani V2 and have bought two others since, a V3 SS version and V3 TI version. Larger bowl, large spiral inter cooler (no need for a cooling stem when used natively), ruggedly constructed of medical grade SS and TI with a massive pure Silver heat sink on the cap. Capable of multiple hits.

Heating with a torch on different areas on the cap will produce a very predictable result according to your taste and is far more forgivable when it comes to avoiding combusting. Easy to clean and assemble/disassemble; four O rings on the tip, screw on cap and two threaded joints on the stem. Definitely a last a life time survival vape!

The best news is that they cost just a few dollars more than a standard 'M' DV. There is a BFG Dani thread on the forum that you can view HERE.

They are available exclusively in North America @Grover via soothingvapours.ca and @Wesleypipes website.

bluedni.png

endof3d,
Reactions: Summer

leanpubpackage

Own a collection of DV's and a number of 3rd party cooling stems TI/wood/glass that I've collected since 2017. They all produced thick vapor with a torch and IH that was reminiscent of a joint hit. Introduced many a combustion friend to vaping by introducing them to the DV.

Enter the BFG Dani. Last spring I purchased a Dani V2 and have bought two others since, a V3 SS version and V3 TI version. Larger bowl, large spiral inter cooler (no need for a cooling stem when used natively), ruggedly constructed of medical grade SS and TI with a massive pure Silver heat sink on the cap. Capable of multiple hits.

Heating with a torch on different areas on the cap will produce a very predictable result according to your taste and is far more forgivable when it comes to avoiding combusting. Easy to clean and assemble/disassemble; four O rings on the tip, screw on cap and two threaded joints on the stem. Definitely a last a life time survival vape!

The best news is that they cost just a few dollars more than a standard 'M' DV. There is a BFG Dani thread on the forum that you can view HERE.

They are available exclusively in North America @Grover via soothingvapours.ca and @Wesleypipes website.

bluedni.png
Agree about spending the money on a Dani instead. My V3 has been a daily and have since given away all my vapcaps. I’d much prefer to support BFG and other accessory makers over Simrell as well

davesmith

Glass Blower
They can improve the dynavap experience. I don't want to yuck anyone's yum, but I guess for my money while I still love my dynas as an indestructible portable (or just a fun ritual), I don't think most of the aftermarket stems improve it enough to justify the price, personally. If I'm going to drop that kind of money I think there are better non-dyna experiences to be had with better flavor and cooling.

Another thought as it seems you dig the dyna ecosystem would be to just get some glass to use with it. The various stems can improve the experience on the go, but if you're using it at home a WPA and j-hook or some kind of water pipe offers much more cooling for a lot less money if you're okay with something from DHGate.

This is my experience.

If i wanted a fancy stem id get the revolve. The fitment of the intercooler is better than other offerings imho. But tbh my stock 2021 vong is perfectly adaquate and having owned over 10 tip and stem combos tbh feel the difference is negligible. If i were to drop money id just grab a different unit.

stinkytofus

ive been using the sticky pete hula v2 for $15-17a stem past few years, plus a tip and cap and induction heater, one cheap and very good setup, flavorful first pull

simrell i have the vortex with intercooler, it definitely gives you a cooler vape

coolbreeze

ive been using the sticky pete hula v2 for $15-17a stem past few years, plus a tip and cap and induction heater, one cheap and very good setup, flavorful first pull

simrell i have the vortex with intercooler, it definitely gives you a cooler vape

The glass dimple stems are a fantastic balance of cooling vs price and have the best flavor. And they look/feel great, are kinda artsy. Love'em.

stinkytofus

The glass dimple stems are a fantastic balance of cooling vs price and have the best flavor. And they look/feel great, are kinda artsy. Love'em.
yea and I also have dynvaps bb9 stem too for glass use, hula v2 xl + simrell vortex intercooler + bb9 from dynavap, good and cheap setup, did i mention i love glass? lol

Tji89

Very nice 😄

@coolbreeze which is more functional (preferred) between the dynavap glass stems from the Oconnel Woodworks and Glass Charlie?

Tji89,

coolbreeze

Very nice 😄

@coolbreeze which is more functional (preferred) between the dynavap glass stems from the Oconnel Woodworks and Glass Charlie?
The OWW Inception stems cool best and they're nice and thick; the Glass Charlies are classic DV stems and they are really nicely made and cool well, and I love their color drop. Both have a much more open draw and much better flavor than a DV stem with a condenser.

I would say, both are great if you want cool, flavorful vapor out of a very lovely device; but OWW if you want max cooling with a bit more thickness (caveat: I have broken one before) and Glass Charlie for slightly better flavor (close but noticeable).

2pumpchump

Out of curiosity anybody know what changing the stainless condenser to a titanium condenser would have on the cooling

coolbreeze

Out of curiosity anybody know what changing the stainless condenser to a titanium condenser would have on the cooling
Not sure it'd be noticeable, but if you use the long one and add a spinning mouthpiece the length seems to help cool, I guess.

coolbreeze,

Tji89

The OWW Inception stems cool best and they're nice and thick; the Glass Charlies are classic DV stems and they are really nicely made and cool well, and I love their color drop. Both have a much more open draw and much better flavor than a DV stem with a condenser.

I would say, both are great if you want cool, flavorful vapor out of a very lovely device; but OWW if you want max cooling with a bit more thickness (caveat: I have broken one before) and Glass Charlie for slightly better flavor (close but noticeable).
Ordered inception jhook and dynavap stems. So stoked to try them out :D Next time it'll be Glass Charlies! Thanks for helping out!!

Top Bottom