• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Simrell Collection

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
This Custom Galaxy Burl is in my sights for my next VAS purchase ....

Screenshot-20200517-081858-Instagram.jpg

Nomad #111

I just placed an order for a titanium vortex and intercooler. Looking forward to trying it out. I'm also very happy that international shipping is no issue。

Last edited:

Terpenetime

I just placed an order for a titanium vortex and intercooler. Looking forward to trying it out. I'm also very happy that international shipping is no issue

You and me both, I’m currently waiting on a Galactic Camo.

Whilst international shipping is continuing, it does appear quite patchy. Mine was despatched 6 days ago and has yet to reach to reach its first transit point if the tracking is to be believed. :nope:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
The vortex's I've seen for sale here in Canada are just the stems and intercoolers. If I were to get one I'd want the whole shebang stem, tip and cap all galactic camo. Does anyone have one? How does the anodizing hold up after extended use?

Bad Dog,

Terpenetime

The vortex's I've seen for sale here in Canada are just the stems and intercoolers. If I were to get one I'd want the whole shebang stem, tip and cap all galactic camo. Does anyone have one? How does the anodizing hold up after extended use?

I did briefly consider also having the cap and tip in Galactic Camo but I didn’t believe that they would hold up well with use. I’d be interested to hear of any first hand user experiences though.

Check out the cannabis leaf in this example...

314395BF-5DC4-479C-981F-68AEB46A1AA7.jpeg

MidgetKingKong

@Delta3DStudios any chance of a... more reasonably priced... adapter for vortex stems to fury edge adapters? I love the TI one austyn built, but for that price I can get a TI tip... Any little things in the works there?

nyarlathotep,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Delta3DStudios any chance of a... more reasonably priced... adapter for vortex stems to fury edge adapters? I love the TI one austyn built, but for that price I can get a TI tip... Any little things in the works there?

I'm fairly certain my large nearly universal WPA would probably work. I am working on a V2 of the Large WPA, but no ETA on that yet (Still making the SonG1 versions in-house which work, but certainly not as nicely as my SonG2 material found in the gray Medium size Nearly Universal WPA. :wave:

Delta3DStudios,

notams

toke down Babylon
I have a vortex shorty. Love it.

Comparison to M....hmmmm that's so subjective.

There's an idea based on the Pygmalion idea. A self-fulfilling prophecy concept. This in no way detracts from the e Vortex's performance. But after spending the dough, seeing it, holding it, etc. you're just like, "how could this NOT be amazing!?"

It's just that it rolls în the fingers so much easier than an M. It feels smoother and softer sonehow on your lips. The airhole feels so right. The amount of warmth on your fingers is perfect. The draw just feels so right. One's expectations are so high that how could this not possibly taste and just be everything better? Then, when cleaning, it's so easy, you're all, "yes, this is better".

So, each little thing is so incremental and tiny by itself it's not measureable. But, they add up to a better overall experience. It's hard to explain. Just... Simrell rocks. Get one.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC. Read more about it here.

doubledown

Can anyone comment on the performance of the wood stems vs Ti? I have a Ti XL that I love and am thinking about a nice wood stem as a VAS relief treat. Just wanted to make sure I’d be just as happy with the performance as I would be with the aesthetics before pulling the trigger.

doubledown,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Repeated heating of wood stems can lead to cracking, so it would save on the long run to get metal
Capped stems for that classy look.

Plus, a condenser inside.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I would think it depends on the thickness of the wood ... I've used a blackwood body from EdsTNT daily for the past year with no signs of cracking. I haven't seen any posts from Simrell woodie owners to know if there's a problem or not with his custom stems ... I sure want one though ...

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I wish I had a reason to buy a Simrell spinning mouthpiece! My Vortex is by far my favorite mouthpiece.

acstorfer,

steama

I have been using the simrell for about a week and decided to go back and try the omni. The first thing I noticed was the much greater heat with the omni draw compared to the nice and cool simrell draw. I think the difference is amazing. The simrell draw feels much more comfortable.

zor

I have been using the simrell for about a week and decided to go back and try the omni. The first thing I noticed was the much greater heat with the omni draw compared to the nice and cool simrell draw. I think the difference is amazing. The simrell draw feels much more comfortable.

Yeah! I feel bad saying it but it's a little less pleasant to go back to my ominivap and even my rosium M without some form of an extended pathway or water, the sim vortex has spoiled me!

thunderstealer1337

does the intercooler spin or sits freely and could spin? or does it sit in a locked in position?

the spiral piece tia

thunderstealer1337,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
does the intercooler spin or sits freely and could spin? or does it sit in a locked in position?

the spiral piece tia

It just pushes in, stays in place, no spinning. Tweezers to pull out to clean. I run a few QTips through both ends of the stem, ready to go. Easy cleaning is a huge benefit besides the cooling action.

RustyOldNail,

RustyOldNail

Do any of you use your Simrell stems without intercooler?

Thoughts?

While you could, you’d defeat its BEST feature, COOLING, so it would be much cheaper, to get a hollow type stem. I keep it stock with Ti tip. Glass BB9 for the SS 20 tip.

RustyOldNail,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
So the sim is superior in cooling, how does it compare to an Omni with regards to draw resistance?

FlyingLow,

RustyOldNail

So the sim is superior in cooling, how does it compare to an Omni with regards to draw resistance?

No idea, I only have a 19m & 20m, but I don’t like those stems, just use the tips. If I recall Sneaky Pete did a video review of the Simrell. I bought it since everyone said it cools the vapor, more the stock stems, and I agree. It’s not as cool as going through water. Expensive, but was worth it to me, and all I use, the BB9 is for my water rigs.

RustyOldNail,

hinglemccringleberry

Top tip: Blue Magic metal polish works wonders to restore the original luster that you lose after many ISO cleanings. Simrells instructions state to not use anything less than 91% iirc. I've been using 91, and after 4-5 cleanings the finish looks a bit dull. But it's nothing that a metal polishing product can't fix :D

By cleaning I mean iso submersion in a doob tube. 91 isn't bad. You can definitely use it for this piece. Just don't submerge it and get high and forget about it for 12 hours like I did last night.

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Jill NYC

RustyOldNail

Top tip: Blue Magic metal polish works wonders to restore the original luster that you lose after many ISO cleanings. Simrells instructions state to not use anything less than 91% iirc. I've been using 91, and after 4-5 cleanings the finish looks a bit dull. But it's nothing that a metal polishing product can't fix :D

By cleaning I mean iso submersion in a doob tube. 91 isn't bad. You can definitely use it for this piece. Just don't submerge it and get high and forget about it for 12 hours like I did last night.

Thanks for the polish tip!
I probably don’t use it as much as some others, as I rotate between devices for variety. So I have yet to need a deep ISO soak. I pull the inter cooler, ISO wipe that, run ISO QTips through both ends several times. Then do a NO load IH heat session to dry burn a bit. I kinda like the little routine, so I do it more often I guess. The BONUS is the next time I pick up a piece, it TASTES clean, something I enjoy.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Bad Dog
Top Bottom