Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Skinku

Ooh, no, I was just thinking out loud of a rough date.
No stones here, just eager beavers.

Skinku,
Reactions: Brenyo

Brenyo

Manufacturer
A very similar looking product might be coming to the market, please be aware this is not the heater that we're working on and has completely different internals !

Clone.jpg

Last edited:

Popcorn Lung

I’m in. See. Now you’ve done it. You went and got our hopes up 🤣

Seriously though I love the renderings but June seems like an awfully ambitious release date. I take it that with only renderings available there is no working prototype? To go from prototype to mass production by June will be a major feat. I would love to see the pics of the prototype once you have one.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I’m in. See. Now you’ve done it. You went and got our hopes up 🤣

Seriously though I love the renderings but June seems like an awfully ambitious release date. I take it that with only renderings available there is no working prototype? To go from prototype to mass production by June will be a major feat. I would love to see the pics of the prototype once you have one.
Making the case is last part in the process of having a complete prototype which can be sent out to the beta testers. The testing of the internals are already ongoing for a while now, as many more things can wrong there than with the case.

I think we should call this upcoming version the RC / release candidate rather than a prototype. A few features are still not working currently as they’ll only be available with the final firmware ( which is what we’re doing right now ), but that's just code and should work fine straight away. Once we have the RC ready we will begin 1-1.5 months of heavy stress testing with multiple units.
I believe if it can survive that then we have a release date. We only expect to make minor changes at this point before the mass production as we tried to perfect everything for this RC version already. Anything goes sideways in the meantime then the June expected release will be pushed further ofc.

I'll post pictures and videos once there is something presentable :)

@Brenyo just wondering if there will be an option to turn the display upside down?

Eg. for use with "The Gentleman Pipe", so that the user could hold the heater on top of the vapcap and still read the display.

Sorry, just seen the flip screen option in the diagram

TotherVaper,
Reactions: Brenyo

Vapemat

Beta testers are already selected? These are for friends, reviewers or there will be a draw for all forum members?
I can take the beta version and do tests because it's a long time until June :lol:

if it has already been mentioned, I’m sorry I didn’t notice

Vapemat,

Cannabiker

Beta testers are already selected? These are for friends, reviewers or there will be a draw for all forum members?
I can take the beta version and do tests because it's a long time until June :lol:

if it has already been mentioned, I’m sorry I didn’t notice
We all want to be Beta testers. That's why this rule exists:

• Do not ask about being a beta tester or ask about freebies.

Vapemat

We all want to be Beta testers. That's why this rule exists:

• Do not ask about being a beta tester or ask about freebies.
Sorry, didn’t know about this rule.
Don't get me wrong - it's obvious to me that everyone wants to. It was a joke I was convinced that the laughing face would make it understandable

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The temperature LED function lets you follow the heating process without looking at the screen.
The function is available both on the glass heating chamber and the bottom of the device when it’s used upside down, with easy to remember colours.

The colour changes in the following order:

Blue : < 120°C / 250°F
Yellow : 120 - 160°C / 250 - 320°F
Orange : 160 - 180°C / 320°F - 360°F
Red : 180 - 200°C / 360°F - 390°F
Flashing Red : > 200°C / 390°F

Temp-Color-MOD.jpg

Sn4Pz

With the release of an induction heater with temp control I'd love to see some glass wands that have a compartment that can be filled with Sic balls with a little compartment/oven above it for herb.

Effectively a vapolution but smaller... 🤔

Cannabiker

With the release of an induction heater with temp control I'd love to see some glass wands that have a compartment that can be filled with Sic balls with a little compartment/oven above it for herb.

Effectively a vapolution but smaller... 🤔
Would that work in an IH? Glass won't heat with induction, and I wonder if the thin steel of the cap can absorb enough energy to heat up the glass.

Last edited:
Cannabiker,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Sn4Pz

Would that work in an IH? Glass won't heat with induction, and I wonder if the thin steel of the cap can absorb enough energy to heat up the glass.
Ah crap I'm mixing ideas. Sic wouldn't work, you're right. I was thinking of a material that could soak heat like the ball vapes. Duh. 🤣

E: wait... No. I might be right, a quick google says Sic works just fine in induction heaters.

Cannabiker

Ah crap I'm mixing ideas. Sic wouldn't work, you're right. I was thinking of a material that could soak heat like the ball vapes. Duh. 🤣

E: wait... No. I might be right, a quick google says Sic works just fine in induction heaters.
Sorry, I missed the SiC part; I was picturing borosilicate balls. Now I'm seeing that there's a ton of potential with a temp-sensing IH, freeing us from the click. If you put the balls in the tip, with the herb downstream, you could even create a convection device (edit: wait, is that what you were describing, @Sn4Pz? I may have misunderstood more than the material). I am getting really psyched for this IH and the possibilities of induction heating.

Last edited:

Sn4Pz

Sorry, I missed the SiC part; I was picturing borosilicate balls. Now I'm seeing that there's a ton of potential with a temp-sensing IH, freeing us from the click. If you put the balls in the tip, with the herb downstream, you could even create a convection device (edit: wait, is that what you were describing, @Sn4Pz? I may have misunderstood more than the material). I am getting really psyched for this IH and the possibilities of induction heating.
Yes it's pretty much what I'm describing, it's just a glass stick really... Lol.

I'd love to see a slide-in-able bowl, instead of the glass straw just missing some material to allow for a loading hole.

Sn4Pz,

Texus

Not an expert here, but for the Switch IH, SIC needs to be placed inside titanium cup. Not sure if the eventual temp is due to thermal transfer from metal cup to SIC insert.

Top Bottom