Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Texus

I am going to guess that this IH will list for $275. Who thinks it will be higher or lower than $275?

I hope it's below the $150 mark...

That's the challenge isn't it? Being able to accommodate costs (including R&D) vs. hitting a price point that would sell like wildfire. Plus factor in assembly/manufacturing capacity.

This would slay at or below $150. But BOM, R&D and numerous other factors may make that a pipedream. Sure hope not tho🤣🤣

Weedaholic

Hello Everyone!

I’d like to introduce MAD Heaters with our first product, the Sense. Our goal is to deliver high quality induction heaters and accessories for the Dynaverse and take these products to the next level.

I’m going to start off with a huge thanks to everyone in the beta group for all the help and input, especially @TommyDee and Sn00PiG who helped me tremendously all along the way to get this project to where it is now.

Sense by MAD Heaters
Temperature sensing induction heater for the Dynavap.
( STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT! )

MAD-Heaters-Sense-Temp.jpg

I’ll try to keep it brief for now with the features and we’ll go into the details in the following months as we get closer to the release.
Keep in mind that the specs can still change at this point.

- 2x 18650 battery powered, easily replaceable with spring loaded connectors.

- Approx. 90-110 heating cycles

- USB-C balanced charging - 1.5A, 4 hours to charge.

- Regulated output controllable up to 70W. Heating time at the selected power value will remain the same throughout the whole battery cycle.

- Temperature adjustment from 120C to 240C in 5C increments.

- 3 Activation modes: Auto, Manual and Hybrid.

- The heating chamber’s glass is illuminated by RGB LEDs with customizable colors, effect and brightness which is also visible on the bottom side.

- Recessed magnet with touch protection for cap cooling and a de-capper tool.

- Puff counter.

- Powder coated aluminum shell in 3-4 colors and 2 styles (radial brushed top and painted).

- Monochrome OLED Display.

- Approx. 112mm (4.41in) x 54mm (2.13in) x 25mm (0.98in) + 3mm height for the top island.

- Approx. 155g (5.47oz) without batteries, 245g (8.64oz) with batteries.

- Other features to be revealed later.

Regulated Output:

Our regulated induction heater uses custom circuitry and a processor to control the current drawn from the batteries. It maintains your power settings consistently, so when you set it to 70 watts you'll get 70 watts of output until the battery is fully depleted. By selecting a lower power you can slow down the heating speed to achieve denser clouds and better flavor.

MAD-Heaters-Sense-Watt.jpg

Replaceable batteries:

Just remove the magnetic door and swap the batteries on the go. The spring loaded connectors protect our battery wraps from accidental tearing and make the replacement process easier while ensuring that there is always a good contact.

MAD-Heaters-Sense-Battery.jpg

RGB LED:

Customise the illumination of the device: You will be able to choose your preferred colour and brightness level individually for standby and heating. The lights which can be seen from both the top and the bottom of the device also give an indication of a low battery level and various features yet to be revealed.

MAD-Heaters-Sense-LED.jpg

Activation Modes:

You will be able to choose between 3 different activation modes to heat your Dynavap:
1.) Auto - Automatic activation when the DV is inserted into the chamber. You can pause the heating process by holding down the fire button.
2.) Hybrid - Press the fire button once before each automatic activation.
3.) Manual - The heating is activated with continuously holding down the fire button.

MAD-Heaters-Sense-Modes.jpg

Charging:

When it comes to charging, our priority is battery health and safety.
The USB-C balance charger will check the voltage of each cell and ensure they both have the same voltages when fully charged. This is a critical factor to monitor, as if one of the cell’s voltage increases or drops below the required voltage range the battery could get damaged.
The 1.5A 5V input will take approximately 4 hours to fully charge the batteries at a healthy pace, making sure that they won’t get hot during the process.
The display will show the approximate charging time, which will vary depending on the input power.

MAD-Heaters-Sense-Charging.jpg

Decapper tool and magnet:

With a pocket friendly device a hot magnet can become an issue if we don’t pay attention where we grab it so we made it recessed to make it more protected from an accidental touch.
Ever been in rush to load another bowl? Just slide your hot VapCap into the de-capper tool next to the magnet and easily pull it off.

You can find the interface preview HERE . The greyed out parts are to be revealed later.

Expected release: End of June

Price: TBA

Don't forget to subscribe to the newsletter for all the important news and exclusive deals on madheaters.com
Congratulations on a very nice product I will be getting one for sure.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Would you consider adding an optional sound or haptic feedback?

No, it’s not needed. You won’t need to use the click at all and you’ll have at least 3 different ways to tell that the heating is finished. Even if you leave it in well past the click the temp detection will stop you from going over the set temperature or combusting if it’s below that point.

Last edited:

ChilledAsian

That's the challenge isn't it? Being able to accommodate costs (including R&D) vs. hitting a price point that would sell like wildfire. Plus factor in assembly/manufacturing capacity.

This would slay at or below $150. But BOM, R&D and numerous other factors may make that a pipedream. Sure hope not tho🤣🤣
Someone called them out on IG about failure to give the price or it will be priced very high. Their quick reply was "hope you'll be pleasantly surprised" which to me translate reasonably priced at 150 more or less...

Texus

Someone called them out on IG about failure to give the price or it will be priced very high. Their quick reply was "hope you'll be pleasantly surprised" which to me translate reasonably priced at 150 more or less...
Good to hear. That'd be great.

Texus,
Reactions: RobbIt

Cannabiker

Would you consider adding an optional sound or haptic feedback?

Most of us can hear a VapCap click in a quiet environment, but some people have a hard time hearing it at all, and most of us struggle to hear it in loud environments.

Having the option to get feedback from the heater in addition to the cap would help a lot of people even if it wasn’t perfectly synced with the cap’s click. :)
I'm glad those won't be features. One of the things I love about the DV/IH experience is the lack of bells and whistles.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I don't have a lot in the hopper for pricing on the Sense but I will remind some people of what we've been paying for heaters... And we don't even have to start with torches, which too can be insane for someone as frugal as me.

First of all, what does Orion offer to make it 'special'? The fact that you no longer have to hold down the switch? At what cost - a delay in firing! Couldn't handle that delay and I sold it. Also hated the variance between tips that I rarely experience with my Fluxer Flite.

Now what did you happily pay for that Orion? That's right, $200 plus shipping. How many hundreds of you, if not thousands, happily flocked to the DV website, and others, to be the first to have an Orion? Again, a simple IH that happened to have USB-C charging?

Then comes Fluxer Flite - $220+ [$250 all in] and you get PWM for power level control and customization including tuning. Did the Flite get under-sold? Well, they all sold out within the day of introduction. That should answer the question.

I once was a real fan of the VapMan. I really wanted one. I hate butane. This is what stopped me;
vapman station.PNG
It's just a conduction heater for $275 because it is an artisan offering. People paid this too for a simple heater.

I could go on but I think you get my drift.

If it was me, and it isn't, this heater would be a $299 MSRP never seeing more than a 10-15% discount. This is your 'Orion' married to a custom MOD. $200 + $100. This is still a steal for the tech and the market. However, not many customers are up to paying market value.

One last note - I have watched Reddit EntExchange and DynavapExchange and you will notice one thing - no artisan heater has ever lost value! Even Orion with all the reports were still selling for 2-bills! Therefore I will put forth for @Brenyo that any price under 3-bills is a gift to the community. Not because of these costs, but for the fact that the community has promoted these price-points.

I look forward to the day that a Mad Heaters Sense gets compared to the cheap Chinese Orion knockoff, which still comes in at over a bill, and I promise you one thing, you probably won't buy the Chinese heater and you'll be pining over the Sense... and you will probably buy a Caldron or HotShot from Pipes just because you know it will be a great heater as well. So for $150 hopefuls - the market says no - $200 hopefuls; deeply discounted as a market adjuster, maybe - $250 hopefuls; I think you are realistic. $300 will give resellers room to move with sales and specials. Once this heater is tuned and spit-polished there will be nothing to stop it from dominating the market in high end induction heaters. This is no longer an artisan vape, and it is not a Chinese knockoff. This is a product along the lines of Flowermate, S&B, and other volume manufacturers. If this could go out the door for $200, the Orion is dead already. I suspect the manufacturing cost of the unit will easily be double the Orion if not triple.

And as to budgets - What I pay for flower is insane. One trip to the market could buy any heater and I have to do with a little less flower for a while. When the Sense gets its rave reviews, those serious about their VapCap will also get serious about these heaters.

One last reminder of the insanity of Vape Pricing -

Whaaa!.PNG

I know some of you paid this!

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@TommyDee Actually it is a bit more than conduction heater, it took Rene significant cost in RnD and not many were produced. Also prices/cost of living in Switzerland are 3-6 times those in Washington, materials and cost of labor .have to be taken in account too. I think you need to look more into it and what it achieves design-wise before bashing the pricing like that,the main idea behind it is to consume as little energy as possible in order to do the job. :p.
@Brenyo Do you plan to do CE/RoHs certificate on your product ,i think some EU countries require it for real :D.

Last edited:

Texus

I don't have a lot in the hopper for pricing on the Sense but I will remind some people of what we've been paying for heaters... And we don't even have to start with torches, which too can be insane for someone as frugal as me.

First of all, what does Orion offer to make it 'special'? The fact that you no longer have to hold down the switch? At what cost - a delay in firing! Couldn't handle that delay and I sold it. Also hated the variance between tips that I rarely experience with my Fluxer Flite.

If it was me, and it isn't, this heater would be a $299 MSRP never seeing more than a 10-15% discount. This is your 'Orion' married to a custom MOD. $200 + $100. This is still a steal for the tech and the market. However, not many customers are up to paying market value.
Well, assuming that margins can be met to support yourself, I imagine that if you came in at closer to the Orion price with that much more functionality, you'd sell like hot cakes (as the high demand for the Fluxer Flite demonstrates). 50% more than the Orion changes that value proposition. As an existing IH owner with VAS, I might consider it, but with a lot of thought about whether knowing the temperature and having that screen is worth the premium. Especially since something like a Flite does offer heating profile adjustability (I hear myself asking "$80 more for a screen?"). And at $300, no way is this my first IH purchase. I'd balk hard and start with Pipes or Fluxer's portable options. You would now be at the very top of the IH market pricewise (as far as I know).

I agree that at $200 Orion feels like not much special for me, plus the limitation of the nonr=emoveable batteries and just a so-so case (which it turns out is prone to cracking). But $300 may be pricing yourself out of much of the market.

Obviously time will tell, but that's my thought process from a consumer value proposition perspective.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Most of us can hear a VapCap click in a quiet environment, but some people have a hard time hearing it at all, and most of us struggle to hear it in loud environments.
I believe the "clic" will becomes useless with that unit, you'll have just to check the Sense reached the selected temp and take a hit. Maybe they will need to collaborate with DynaVap to build a "special"VapCap with no clic (not the fake chinese Cap).

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Did you guys release any beta units out?
Not yet.

Anyone who's interested in raw aluminium cases: we'll have them in stock ( just the case ) but it will not be an option on the website as a full unit. It's fairly easy to rebuild it at home or we'll be happy to help with this and rebuild it for you with the finished case if you want it custom dye anodized, powder pained, cerakote etc. and buy it as a complete device.

Last edited:

Texus

Not yet.

Anyone who's interested in raw aluminium cases: we'll have them in stock ( just the case ) but it will not be an option on the website as a full unit. It's fairly easy to rebuild it at home or we'll be happy to help with this and rebuild it for you with the finished case if you want it custom dye anodized, powder pained, cerakote etc. and buy it as a complete device.
You just have to keep offering more cool stuff huh?

Bravo. Very exciting

Vaporware

I believe the "clic" will becomes useless with that unit, you'll have just to check the Sense reached the selected temp and take a hit. Maybe they will need to collaborate with DynaVap to build a "special"VapCap with no clic (not the fake chinese Cap).

The idea was to help people when they can’t hear the click, like at a party or a concert. Having to watch it to see when it’s ready is a lot harder than feeling a vibration, and even a louder sound could help.

I also thought it would be nice for DIY projects and maybe some other things. I had good reasons for making the request, and I wouldn’t want it to be making loud noises at everyone. I would even turn it off most of the time, but when I needed it I would like to have it available.

I was also suggesting it as an *optional* feature you could turn on if you needed it. If there will already be a haptic feedback motor and/or speaker built into it, I would still add it even if minimalists don’t like it. This isn’t really a minimalist device to begin with, and it’s a feature they could just ignore... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom