Induction Heater MAD Heaters - Innovative Dynavap Accessories

Jozin88

tenor.gif

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Bells, and whistles. Light, and sirens.
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

I rather be. Stealthy, and not share with the public. Haptic keeps prying eyes away.
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

YMMV

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The idea was to help people when they can’t hear the click, like at a party or a concert. Having to watch it to see when it’s ready is a lot harder than feeling a vibration, and even a louder sound could help.

I also thought it would be nice for DIY projects and maybe some other things. I had good reasons for making the request, and I wouldn’t want it to be making loud noises at everyone. I would even turn it off most of the time, but when I needed it I would like to have it available.

I was also suggesting it as an *optional* feature you could turn on if you needed it. If there will already be a haptic feedback motor and/or speaker built into it, I would still add it even if minimalists don’t like it. This isn’t really a minimalist device to begin with, and it’s a feature they could just ignore... :rolleyes:

Adding a vibration motor would need a re-design for the PCB (same with a buzzer/speaker), currently there is no space for it as the heater is very compact and has a small board to make everything fit in the case. I'd still say that it's probably not worth it because of the limited use cases and you'd have to turn it off whenever you use it without holding it in your hands.
Once you've used the heater for a while the timings should become second nature as it will stay the same no matter what the battery charge level is, the only difference will be the DV's temp, how long you leave it to cool. If you want to go totally blind on it you'll only need to estimate the minimum amount of time it needs to heat up, which can be as low as 2-3s and you can leave it in after that as long as you want and have a toke whenever - We'll reveal more features soon that will help in these cases.

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I can already feel the internal conflict when the time to order one will come, there's too many colors I like and the one color I wanted for sure is not available so no red Sense for me.
The only thing I know for sure is that I prefer the brushed metal look, it's gives the IH a little bit more character and I like the way the light reflect on the metal.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Too many nice choices too pick from which is a good problem too have....Maybe do so many in each colour.

Unfortunately each option rases the production cost, so we’ll have to limit the choices to about 4.

I can already feel the internal conflict when the time to order one will come, there's too many colors I like and the one color I wanted for sure is not available so no red Sense for me.
The only thing I know for sure is that I prefer the brushed metal look, it's gives the IH a little bit more character and I like the way the light reflect on the metal.

I really liked the red as well but it didn’t get too much love unfortunately. We might bring it back to round 3 to make sure 🙂

Do you mean the satin finish?
Is this the raw or is that another option?
I love shiny and demand to be put at the top of the queue.

He means the radial brushed finish on the heating chamber / magnet island.

We added this satin alu option just to check if there would be interest as this can be done without any extra cost. Turns out there is so this might be a 5th option. :) Raw cases would still be available, mostly for custom designs.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Its late in the game, but I would appreciate knowing what the acronym MAD is short for.

My guess is “Magnetic Amplification Device”.

stark1,
Reactions: RobbIt

Splather

Ok, so my Orion shat the bed and died. I've got the option of waiting for their replacements or getting a refund... I'm SO tempted to get my cash back and wait for this one. Especially as I'm in the UK and would be supporting a UK manufacturer.

If there's any kinda presale (I know you're not sharing the price yet, @Brenyo), I'll be VERY interested

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Sounds like a good plan.

BTW, are there working protoypes of the Sense,
Or is it still a “work in progress”?

stark1,

Skinku

Ok, so my Orion shat the bed and died. I've got the option of waiting for their replacements or getting a refund... I'm SO tempted to get my cash back and wait for this one. Especially as I'm in the UK and would be supporting a UK manufacturer.

If there's any kinda presale (I know you're not sharing the price yet, @Brenyo), I'll be VERY interested
It should fit perfectly into the case.
I’m in the same boat, this should be out late June, Dynatec have got until then to offer a replacement otherwise it’s goodbye Orion.
*edit*
I’m not in the same boat
Mine is still going, cracked, sorry for itself with detached magnet but sort of strong.
Maybe we are in the same lake?

Splather

It should fit perfectly into the case.
I’m in the same boat, this should be out late June, Dynatec have got until then to offer a replacement otherwise it’s goodbye Orion.
*edit*
I’m not in the same boat
Mine is still going, cracked, sorry for itself with detached magnet but sort of strong.
Maybe we are in the same lake?
Hahaha yeah probably. With mine, the light just cycles through green, red and blue when it's plugged in, and it won't turn on. V annoying for something I've had for 6 months

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Sorry for the lack of updates in the past few days, we’re trying to finish an accessory design (which wasn’t planned originally) asap to make prototypes of those as well so the beta group can start testing them.

There will be a presale, but only once everything works on the prototypes as expected with the stress testing, probably end of May.

BTW, are there working protoypes of the Sense,
Or is it still a “work in progress”?

It’s still a work in progress, we expect the first prototypes in about 3 weeks. We had a slight issue/delay last week and had to change the processor because it needed more memory for the UI to fit with the new features that we impemented. The main functions seems to be working so far with the final PCB design, we’re finishing up the FW and getting the protos out to the beta group.

Edit: I must say that end of June is not set in stone, it still can be sooner or later than that depending on how’s things going with the development. The final release date will only be announced once everything is up to our standards, we won’t rush it just to get it out earlier.

Last edited:

Splather

Sorry for the lack of updates in the past few days, we’re trying to finish an accessory design (which wasn’t planned originally) asap to make prototypes of those as well so the beta group can start testing them.

There will be a presale, but only once everything works on the protoypes as expected, probably mid - end of May.

It’s still a work in progress, we expect the first prototypes in about 3 weeks. We had a slight issue/delay last week, we had to change the processor because it needed more memory for the UI to fit with the new features that we impemented. The main functions seems to be working so far with the final PCB design, we’re finishing up the FW and getting the protos out to the beta group.

Edit: I must say that end of June is not set in stone, it still can be sooner or later as well. The final release date will only be announced once everything is up to our standards, we won’t rush it just to get it out earlier.
In that case I'll opt for a refund on my Orion if I can. Hopefully there won't be an enormous difference in price! :)

Splather,
Top Bottom