Sativa lovers

gangababa

This month of noviembre in Uruguay saw my monthly club delivery arrive late; not that that matters.
I'd asked for the maximum of 40 grams, not knowing what it would be.
As always when receiving the harvest, I asked the (strain) name and was told, "sativa, Super Sativa."
Half of the 40 grams was one cola.

At home, I did my usual Google search but did not find a Super Sativa strain.
I did learn about the Super Sativa Seed Club in the Netherlands, specializing in old-school Sativa genetics.
Their seeds are sold also by others like Alchimiaweb.
I learned about the SSSC offering M44 that was named Sanora Super Sativa.
I'd certainly like to hope that my cola looked like this before I saw it.
6539d50a3f6bdc8f9657c460888917b520f6ced8.JPG

Sanora Super Sativa cannabis strain by S.S.S.C. is a pure, 100% Sativa. Buds are large,
resinous, and grow well indoors. It smells of pungent fuel, strawberries, and Haze.

GoldenBud

wow, how old is the genetics? it looks so weird... and I can barely see trichomes....the past is calling for me... 2004 the weird Sativas were so good, sometimes it was needed to consume pretty much a lot, but it gave great mood although low trichome content.....and was cheap....
Unfortunately when I tried Liberty Haze it smelled like it is polluted with diesel genetics. :mad:
damn that OG smell pheno ! the one I tried is like afghan-berries-wooden taste, try LSD by Barneys too it's great
i understand you like the berries-wooden-woody taste right? (Afghan's taste, but hybrid feeling effects)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Haze Mister,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I am tempted by the various Neville's Haze Auto hybrids that are available in the EU. For growing outdoors after winter. They say it takes 3 months from seed and can get big and produce loads.... anyone tried?

GoldenBud

Neville's Haze Auto hybrids that are available in the EU. For growing outdoors after winter
why auto then? grow feminised IF you have 18 hours of light /6 of dark per a day, around June-July, then August-Sept 12/12 for flowering.... go for the real 100% classic then!
you can find Fem seeds online

GoldenBud,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
why auto then?

I guess they want some auto's to be able to have a harvest during summer already, to soften/shorten the wait for the fall harvest of the photoperiods. At least that's why i add auto's in the greenhouse...

Neville's Haze Auto hybrids that are available in the EU.
Do you have an example of seeds you are considering?
I've grown plenty auto's the last years. So far mainly hybrids.
Auto's used to be so-so but they made some real progress and if you pick good ones they can really produce quite decent quality stuff actually.

cvs8floz

I am tempted by the various Neville's Haze Auto hybrids that are available in the EU. For growing outdoors after winter. They say it takes 3 months from seed and can get big and produce loads.... anyone tried?
I have grown them at least once before, I had a 5-pack, grew 1 plant that I liked, then the other seeds wouldn't sprout so I wasn't able to repeat. I only grow autos now and I think 3 months from seed to harvest is a good average parameter, some autos stay small, others grow much bigger often from the same strain! Even if they are not 100% done at 3 months, it often doesn't pay to keep them longer as you will get minimal additional growth and it makes more sense to start a new one. I use 2-gallon plastic bags and currently have 6 plants flowering in my 2'x2' tent, it's rather crowded in there: 2 Royal Dwarfs (not really smaller than others), 2 Sensi Skunk #1, 1 Philosopher Cheesy Auto CBD and 1 Pyramid White Widow CBD.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
[redacted just because I can]

@

cvs8floz

Thanks for the feedback. What was the final height and yield? Flavour?

Last edited:
Haze Mister,
Reactions: GoldenBud

kid3

I'm thinking of stopping by my fav NYC not yet legal Dispensary to pick up a little of their Durban poison strain ... a little pricey but I'll have another top shelf strain in my arsenal and my first sativa (not counting those I may have smoked in all my years). I'm not sure if the "Cedella Marley Booker" in the tag means its related to Marley Natural product but I'm excited to give it a try

Screenshot-20221002-071958-Chrome.jpg
Is this Empire? I tried them and their bud is mediocre to me. I would say its at least consistent. I went to 2 different stores and stocked up on like $400 worth of Sativas. The bud tender asked if everything was okay 🤣. I don’t feel like any really did the job. I’ve taken weed breaks for 3-6 months and I always come back to weed to try to find a good Sativa but never do. Why does it feel like I have a better chance of hitting the lottery?

The last good Sativa I remember having was XJ-13 in 2020.

CANtalk

I just picked up the first new batches of cannabis here in over a year, 4 sativas... 2 pure, 1 strong & one leaning 🌟. Plus one indica. Just in time for the holidays 🎅. Three strains are repeat pick ups from the same source.

Sour Tangie kicked off this buy and it looks wow good (and second try, the first being ~3 years ago). And it was time for more & fresh Blue Dream. I also decided to try Durban Poison again after all the Durban Poison talk in this thread over the last year or so 👍. I also grabbed a new-to-me strain batch of Hawaiian Snow, it looks excellent & frosty. Looks to be in second place for eye / bag appeal of the 5 batches I picked up. Can't wait to try it.

So far, the Sour Tangie vapes super awesome, it's very smelly / flavorful (big diesel) and potent, with big clouds. And the new batch of Durban Poison was very good in a wake & bake.

I'll try to get pictures of these sativas up here in the next week or two. I really appreciate all the sativa talk here, very helpful & inspiring. Cheers

Merry Christmas eve and have a great weekend 🎄

:peace: :leaf:

Hey Nineteen

For the first time i was officially able to try true Durban Poison and Jack Herer this week. They were different brands so I don't know if this a fair comparison.

Durban Poison is just ok. Maybe if I try a different company or something. Also I need a tolerance break too. The buzz was definitely Sativa but the kind of buzz and taste were very week.

Now Jack Herer is another story. What a wonderful high I had. It was definitely not a creeper. It blasted me right away out of the tinymight 2. The taste still wasn't great, but I think it is just the way those Sativa taste. I like the orange ones like Tangie.

I am going to have to say Jack Herer is superior to Durban Poison in every way. To be fair though a comparison of the same brand would be more fitting. Man I wish I had some NYC Diesel or Tangie.

CANtalk

Nice feedback @Hey Nineteen. Definitely try a few different sources and batches before writing off a strain. My second batch of Durban Poison, which I recently tried again, is very good and I'll get a picture up soon. I've never tried Jack Herer, but it is available in Canada. Thought about it but haven't pulled the trigger. If u like NYC Diesel and Tangie, try Sour Tangie when available (a mix of the two).

Sweet @Paperback Writer, thx for sharing the home grown sativas 🥳. I enjoy Amnesia & sour (diesel) strains :nod:. Green Crack is broadly liked and available in Canada & the US. It's sativa leaning, and in that category I enjoy Blue Dream with its strong f/x plus amazing flavors.

TGIF and I went with Hawaiian Snow in the vape :love:, a recent new batch and pick up. A 100% sativa and a real looker! And I also captured a picture to share :clap:, enjoy, really frosty :bowdown:🌠
p0pdwn2z439a1.jpg

Vapes excellent, big clouds :science::evil:. I did some more reading on the Hawaiian Snow strain and it's impressive, this strain is a cross of Hawaiian & Laos landraces and has won Cannabis Cups 👑 (some sites instead describe it as a mix of pure haze, Neville's haze & Hawaiian haze).

Very happy with this batch and strain. Highly recommended, cheers.

With all the hazes mentioned earlier in this thread, here are a few links discussing the history of hazes I recently tracked down again and they're good reads, enjoy.

I updated the list of sativa strains I've tried, will save here for future reference, cheers. I tried to put the list in order from 100% sativas to sativa leaning.
  • Durban Poison
  • Chocolope
  • Hawaiian Snow
  • Trainwreck
  • Maui Wowie
  • Viper
  • Strawberry Cough
  • Super Lemon Haze
  • Acapulco Gold
  • Vortex
  • Sour Amnesia
  • Sour Tangie
  • Quantum Kush
  • Ghost Train Haze
  • Red Congolese
  • TWD / Kandyland
  • Moby Dick
  • Purple Tangie
  • Grapefruit
  • Lemon Stomper
  • Lemon Haze
  • Blue Dream
  • Golden Goat
  • Green Goblin
  • Green Crack
As mentioned earlier, I've got 3 more new sativa batches to get pictures of and will share soon ;). And to me, all of them look great to excellent... cheers :cheers: :goat:

Enjoy sativas and vape on.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

TGIF and I went with Hawaiian Snow in the vape :love:, a recent new batch and pick up. A 100% sativa and a real looker! And I also captured a picture to share :clap:, enjoy, really frosty :bowdown:🌠
p0pdwn2z439a1.jpg
this bud is way way over-trichomed than a strain that is made before 2003 or so... wow! they selected a special pheno for sure, or the strain's name is not accurate? how is it possible? it's SO frosty for an old strain!!

CANtalk

Chocolope is excellent @davesmith :clap:!
this bud is way way over-trichomed than a strain that is made before 2003 or so... wow! they selected a special pheno for sure, or the strain's name is not accurate? how is it possible? it's SO frosty for an old strain!!
The links report up to 23-24% THC w/ Hawaiian snow, hence it's 'snow' connotation it seems :tup:. And fwiw in my experience, that's about this frosty. I've posted a number of other old strong sativas w/ similar frostiness :brow:, but it's only the best stuff. A high quality batch 4 sure :luv:, cheers.

There are some nice grow pictures in that first link...

I'm just happy I can keep up with some of the other great personal pictures here.

My recent 4 sativa strain batch pick up all look :luv:+. The quality of cannabis from legalization in Canada already looks significantly better :rockon: ... plus it's gotten cheaper :rockon:.

HAF so sorry for all the edits and any spelling /grammar issues :razz:.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have Ghost Train Haze at the top of my need-to-grow list, is there any sativa strain stronger/better that should go above it on my bucket list?

CANtalk

the gth you know, which is another pheno that what i have in the other side of the world, is more sativa or psychadelic head? it doesn't lift me up but gives a lot of buzz etc'

it's not like Super Lemon Haze or so. or Alaskan Thunder Fuck...
The Ghost Train Haze batch I had was very good overall, and a nice mix of sativa and psychedelic effects. Big THC content will increase the psychedelic f/x, but I prefer more balanced cannabis with a nice balance of cannabinoids and excellent entourage f/x. For THC lovers and its significant psychedelic f/x, powerhouse THC indica strains can't be beat for their THC content.

I have Ghost Train Haze at the top of my need-to-grow list, is there any sativa strain stronger/better that should go above it on my bucket list?
So many strains to choose, Ghost Train Haze is about top 10 or so for me. I'd go Super Lemon Haze, Strawberry Cough or Viper... more potent, stronger, better. I'd also consider Trainwreck & Chocolope. Amnesia Haze too. Most of my friends put Acapulco Gold at the top. and it's near the top for me too. Maui Wowie is worth mentioning as well, and was one of the most surprisingly impressive strains I've tried. Need to get my hands on more :brow:. All of these strains are estimated to have a higher sativa content than Ghost Train Haze. Hope that helps, no wrong answers, good luck!

I just picked up the first new batches of cannabis here in over a year, 4 sativas... 2 pure, 1 strong & one leaning 🌟. Plus one indica. Just in time for the holidays 🎅. Three strains are repeat pick ups from the same source.

Sour Tangie kicked off this buy and it looks wow good (and second try, the first being ~3 years ago). And it was time for more & fresh Blue Dream. I also decided to try Durban Poison again after all the Durban Poison talk in this thread over the last year or so 👍. I also grabbed a new-to-me strain batch of Hawaiian Snow, it looks excellent & frosty. Looks to be in second place for eye / bag appeal of the 5 batches I picked up. Can't wait to try it....I'll try to get pictures of these sativas up here in the next week or two. I really appreciate all the sativa talk here, very helpful & inspiring...
Thx for all the engagement & also liking the new batch of Hawaiian Snow!

I can share another new sativa batch, here's a picture of Sour Tangie. It's super frosty & dank af :luv: , cheers!
n080gobzrc9a1.jpg

Big picture, can zoom in.

It's very dense, the batch looked to be half the advertised weight until I weighed it out. This Sour Tangie is also the frostiest batch out of the 5 I recently picked up. Tacky / sticky too, with huge funky & unmistakable diesel smells / flavors. Very potent stuff :science: :evil:. Definitely recommend this strain.

Enjoy & cheers.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

It's awesome if you can get seeds get them
I like it much more than any new strain based on Gsc or Gelato or so

@CANtalk the Snow is one of the best Pic I'd ever seen from you I think. A lot of trichomes!

CANtalk

...@CANtalk the Snow is one of the best Pic I'd ever seen from you I think. A lot of trichomes!
Thx! That Hawaiian snow is one of the frostiest strong sativa batches I've gotten my hands on for sure. Still, a few sativa batches have been even more impressive & frosty, including Strawberry Cough, Viper & Trainwreck from my recommendation list to LesPlenty :). That Sour Tangie looks to be a little more frosty too, weighs out that way as well.

Cheers.

Top Bottom