Saionara Atomizer thread

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Haha yeah I know it's just a drop, it's not going to splash, and it wouldn't hurt, but you do keep the lid off when you clean like this, you would put the drops warm it up and then quick swab with the q-tip I think... Yes that is why you used distilled water, and why it can be used instead of iso alcohol, you don't want to use regular tap water, the impurities it will leave on your bucket... Yeah of course these things get hot enough to burn and char haha That's why you need to keep them clean, you can't just keep using the same dish over and over again without cleaning!
This is pretty funny actually, because I use two or three drops, and a few tiny bits of water always hit my hand and sting a little. I started using a towel around my hand while I hold the fire button.

See, this shit gets complicated. :lol:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This is pretty funny actually, because I use two or three drops, and a few tiny bits of water always hit my hand and sting a little. I started using a towel around my hand while I hold the fire button.

Well, there you go! Haha thanks again Mitch for weighing in here, important details!! :tup:

~Elizabeth~

~fucking combustion since June 1st, 2022~
Dry sift rosin has less plant wax and residue compared to flower pressed rosin.
l take it this is a good thing, but why is it a good thing? l know with making cartridges with terpenes flower pressed rosin often doesn't work because of lipids that get squashed out into the rosin, but why would that matter when using a wax pen?

~Elizabeth~,

Shit Snacks

l take it this is a good thing, but why is it a good thing? l know with making cartridges with terpenes flower pressed rosin often doesn't work because of lipids that get squashed out into the rosin, but why would that matter when using a wax pen?

Because that residue is what overcooks and leaves stains that are hard to remove, the better the material you are using the easier it will be to avoid that issue, I think?

~Elizabeth~

~fucking combustion since June 1st, 2022~
Haha yeah I know it's just a drop, it's not going to splash, and it wouldn't hurt, but you do keep the lid off when you clean like this, you would put the drops warm it up and then quick swab with the q-tip I think... Yes that is why you used distilled water, and why it can be used instead of iso alcohol, you don't want to use regular tap water, the impurities it will leave on your bucket... Yeah of course these things get hot enough to burn and char haha That's why you need to keep them clean, you can't just keep using the same dish over and over again without cleaning!
ohh, ok lid off. l imagined putting it on just to take it right back off post warming xD l guess l was thinking no combustion = no burning, but now that l think of it like with cooking in a skillet there's no combustion but you can def burn the shit outta that. l wasn't planning on using the same dish over and over w/o cleaning ;) l was just surprised at first that charring can happen in one use

oml, so l was right to be worried XDD that's funny, thanks for the pro tip with the towel haha
Because that residue is what overcooks and leaves stains that are hard to remove, the better the material you are using the easier it will be to avoid that issue, I think?
fascinating!

simba

@weedanwine
Does anyone know of any mods that could have the Sai topflow in a side-by-side configuration? Wouldn't mind making mine a little more compact, currently running it on an Aspire NX100.

simba,

florduh

Does anyone know of any mods that could have the Sai topflow in a side-by-side configuration? Wouldn't mind making mine a little more compact, currently running it on an Aspire NX100.

A little pricey but I've heard good things about this guy...

simba

@weedanwine
A little pricey but I've heard good things about this guy...

Pricy yes, but looks good thanks 👍🏽

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Is this the latest device from SAID company?
The Saionara Plus Top Air Flow Atomizer, also known as the Sequoia, Saionara 2, or Super Saionara in some circles, is the new larger version of the famed original Saionara Top Air Flow.
Canadian site: https://theherbcafe.com/products/crossing-tech-saionara-plus-atomizer?_pos=2&_sid=6d65dff1a&_ss=r

I ask because I have the Saionara Top Air Flow. It must be the original one.

My SAI top air flow may need a upgrade. It looks the cap is stuck, it won't unlock - it must be all the oil i vaped throughout the years. i will leave it overnight in rubbing alcohol.

I might grab the new SAI 2 aka Sai Plus aka New Sequoia or the Divine Tribe V5

check out my poll at https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/...p-air-flow-atomizer-vs-divine-tribe-v5.52810/

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
You can warm the unit with a hair dryer or heat gun to help disassemble for a deep clean if the ISO does not work. :tup:
Problem solved!

I did 3 burn out hits (held the fire button for 10 seconds 3 times) and the device unlocked.
I decided to give it a nice clean with rubbing alcohol and i replaced the O-Rings.
I no longer have a issue with the atomizer now - it works like brand new!

I can't believe this atomizer still BANGS after many years.

I don't think i need to upgrade to the Sai Plus aka the new Sequoia any more but it looks tempting though

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
I've not had mine for that long, but also love how reliable and solid the Sai TAF is, and with the SiC bucket I can actually get closer to the flavour and efficiency I get at home

tokenknifeguy

Does anyone know where to buy some replacement coils for the sai, from the US? I finally got the Sai dialed in now and sure enough I notice one of my coils looks 'rusty' after cleaning it. I did vape some bubble hash in it, so not sure if that is what it is (plant material) but I'm thinking it is just rust or corrosion. I remember looking for coils several months ago, but didn't really find anything. I didn't search too hard as my coils were good back then, but I guess I need to stock up on some as I'm really loving the Sai. Any suggestions on coils to buy as well? I've been using the quartz and black ceramic with 4mm stainless wire. I got the donut and titanium bucket, but I don't really care for those, especially the ceramic donut.

Last edited:
tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

EvilJay

Does anyone know where to buy some replacement coils for the sai, from the US? I finally got the Sai dialed in now and sure enough I notice one of my coils looks 'rusty' after cleaning it. I did vape some bubble hash in it, so not sure if that is what it is (plant material) but I'm thinking it is just rust or corrosion. I remember looking for coils several months ago, but didn't really find anything. I didn't search too hard as my coils were good back then, but I guess I need to stock up on some as I'm really loving the Sai. Any suggestions on coils to buy as well? I've been using the quartz and black ceramic with 4mm stainless wire. I got the donut and titanium bucket, but I don't really care for those, especially the ceramic donut.

tokenknifeguy

Any certain coils you would suggest? So the sequoia coils will work in the Sai? I really liked some of the coils from that canada site but it was $20 shipping.

tokenknifeguy,

Shit Snacks

Any certain coils you would suggest? So the sequoia coils will work in the Sai? I really liked some of the coils from that canada site but it was $20 shipping.

Sequoia=Sai+ (I have this one with bottomless banger, spare quartz buckets and a titanium bucket mostly brand new trying to resell) but it sounds like you have the regular Sai (the smaller one)?? I have spare titanium bucket and plenty of quartz buckets for that too, even SIC bucket, all brand new never used... But it sounds like you are asking for the exposed coil type heaters?? Personally I hate those and never plan to use one ever again lol sorry, g'luck!

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Read a few reviews on the SiC insert for Sai. A little harder to find in stock but worth it in my opinion. Excellent flavor and easy to keep clean. Now if I can only find mine, it’s been MIA for a few months amongst my vape gear, it’ll show eventually as it never leaves the house.

Shit Snacks

Read a few reviews on the SiC insert for Sai. A little harder to find in stock but worth it in my opinion. Excellent flavor and easy to keep clean. Now if I can only find mine, it’s been MIA for a few months amongst my vape gear, it’ll show eventually as it never leaves the house.

Yeah that's why I was planning to hang on to that and those stuff to try at some point but I don't know if when I ever really will currently

tokenknifeguy

Sequoia=Sai+ (I have this one with bottomless banger, spare quartz buckets and a titanium bucket mostly brand new trying to resell) but it sounds like you have the regular Sai (the smaller one)?? I have spare titanium bucket and plenty of quartz buckets for that too, even SIC bucket, all brand new never used... But it sounds like you are asking for the exposed coil type heaters?? Personally I hate those and never plan to use one ever again lol sorry, g'luck!
I got the top air flow saionara . I use the 4mm stainless quartz and black ceramic. I got the titanium bucket but not sure I care for it, but I got those coil ones dialed in perfectly for me. I did just use the titanium bucket to hit some bubble hash and it worked pretty good.

Do you think those sequoia coils/buckets will fit the saionara?

tokenknifeguy,

Shit Snacks

I got the top air flow saionara . I use the 4mm stainless quartz and black ceramic. I got the titanium bucket but not sure I care for it, but I got those coil ones dialed in perfectly for me. I did just use the titanium bucket to hit some bubble hash and it worked pretty good.

Do you think those sequoia coils/buckets will fit the saionara?

No, so you have the regular smaller one, as I said Sequoia is the larger size AKA Sai+ (mine was sold by Puff it up with this name)

I forgot there was a previous version of the regular saionara with bottom airflow, the one I have of those is also the top airflow like yours... So yeah I have spare quartz buckets /heaters and the new titanium and the new SIC since I haven't opened any of that yet...

When you say 4 mm stainless, I presume you mean that is the wire used and it is wrapped around quartz pillar or ceramic pillar..? Yeah that's what I'm saying I don't like, not that I have tried high quality ones like this honestly, but I prefer the buckets as they emulate a typical banger experience more

Shit Snacks,

tokenknifeguy

No, so you have the regular smaller one, as I said Sequoia is the larger size AKA Sai+ (mine was sold by Puff it up with this name)

I forgot there was a previous version of the regular saionara with bottom airflow, the one I have of those is also the top airflow like yours... So yeah I have spare quartz buckets /heaters and the new titanium and the new SIC since I haven't opened any of that yet...

When you say 4 mm stainless, I presume you mean that is the wire used and it is wrapped around quartz pillar or ceramic pillar..? Yeah that's what I'm saying I don't like, not that I have tried high quality ones like this honestly, but I prefer the buckets as they emulate a typical banger experience more
Yeah that 4mm is referring to the wire size. Like right now I'm using the bucket and not really getting big hits, but not trying to go past 25w. With those coils i use about 22.5w and get pretty big clouds pretty easily. I usually try to load just enough for a big hit or two. It will puddle at the bottom sometimes and I just use a paper clip to scrape it up and put back on the coil.

I'm still searching for coils but would you know any active places that might have them? I'm glad you told me about the size difference as I was close to ordering them.

tokenknifeguy,

Shit Snacks

Yeah that 4mm is referring to the wire size. Like right now I'm using the bucket and not really getting big hits, but not trying to go past 25w. With those coils i use about 22.5w and get pretty big clouds pretty easily. I usually try to load just enough for a big hit or two. It will puddle at the bottom sometimes and I just use a paper clip to scrape it up and put back on the coil.

I'm still searching for coils but would you know any active places that might have them? I'm glad you told me about the size difference as I was close to ordering them.

Yeah you have to use higher setting in the buckets, because there is coils beneath the buckets, needs to heat up the bucket so it can then vape the dab.. not as instant but better imo I also would not want to use a paperclip for that it seems ineffective and I don't know what alloy lol Yeah I don't like these because it's not good for multiple hits I don't know I'm out of my element now because I just prefer one hitters ideally... Sorry I don't really know anything else about where to get what you're looking for exactly

Shit Snacks,

tokenknifeguy

Yeah you have to use higher setting in the buckets, because there is coils beneath the buckets, needs to heat up the bucket so it can then vape the dab.. not as instant but better imo I also would not want to use a paperclip for that it seems ineffective and I don't know what alloy lol Yeah I don't like these because it's not good for multiple hits I don't know I'm out of my element now because I just prefer one hitters ideally... Sorry I don't really know anything else about where to get what you're looking for exactly
Well I figured it needed more wattage w/ the bucket, but it says 20-25w on the paper that came with it, so I never pushed it past those numbers. What wattage you use?

The paperclip is just to get the oil that is stuck in the corners under the coils. I don't know how you think it is ineffective, as it is very effective. Any other tool is about too thick to reach down in there. I do use a regular dab tool to put my concentrates on the coils. But I do notice that it pooling up in the bottom don't matter much as I think it still wicks up the concentrate when it heats up. And I did end up finding a US vendor with coils at a decent price. Got me 5 new coils coming in.

tokenknifeguy,
Top Bottom