• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Saionara Atomizer thread

Unibonger

I just ordered 5 pack of doughnut coils. Had to gettem while I could. Using an Aegis Max with an 18650, may pickup a couple 21700s and a charger. The 18650 lasts a few days.

Unibonger,
Reactions: mitchgo61

~Elizabeth~

~fucking combustion since June 1st, 2022~
Question!

ls there any of you out there that have loaded a fair amount of material into the sai or sai+, had a vape sesh but that resulted in leftover material, and then later circled back around to vape some more/the rest of it? l'm wondering if this is a thing, or if it needs to be loaded/cleaned before every session. l spend a lot of time medicating/preparing to medicate with the severe chronic pain l combat, so hoping to be more efficient with time. Would also be nice for when out and about! Load a nice size glob and be good for the day.

Either way l'm thinking of buying either the sai or sai+ with quartz cup. Was looking at divine tribe's V4 but more diy setup l don't wanna worry about.

Oh, another question: how smooth/harsh are we talking with hits from either of the Sais? l know there are a ton of variables, material used, settings on mod, how deep/fast one inhales, etc. but like...as a general rule of thumb lol. One helpful member said just by itself (just the atomizer, no additional glass/water filtration) that the hits were hot, dry, and difficult to take multiples of. Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same? Dealing with rib injuries so not wanting something that'll have me coughing my lungs out and end up making things worse. And not keen on glass additions as l'm accident prone af and great at accidentally breaking glass objects

Last question: this Sequoia here ~> https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/new-sequoia/ so in the description it says, "And their best feature: these will run Sequoia and Sai coils"

Now does this mean you can use both sai AND sai+ coils in it? Both the smaller and bigger sizes?? o.O

There's a lot of great material in this thread but there's a lot to read and l can get...a little overwhelmed by it all lol

EvilJay

Question!

ls there any of you out there that have loaded a fair amount of material into the sai or sai+, had a vape sesh but that resulted in leftover material, and then later circled back around to vape some more/the rest of it? l'm wondering if this is a thing, or if it needs to be loaded/cleaned before every session. l spend a lot of time medicating/preparing to medicate with the severe chronic pain l combat, so hoping to be more efficient with time. Would also be nice for when out and about! Load a nice size glob and be good for the day.

Either way l'm thinking of buying either the sai or sai+ with quartz cup. Was looking at divine tribe's V4 but more diy setup l don't wanna worry about.

Oh, another question: how smooth/harsh are we talking with hits from either of the Sais? l know there are a ton of variables, material used, settings on mod, how deep/fast one inhales, etc. but like...as a general rule of thumb lol. One helpful member said just by itself (just the atomizer, no additional glass/water filtration) that the hits were hot, dry, and difficult to take multiples of. Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same? Dealing with rib injuries so not wanting something that'll have me coughing my lungs out and end up making things worse. And not keen on glass additions as l'm accident prone af and great at accidentally breaking glass objects

Last question: this Sequoia here ~> https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/new-sequoia/ so in the description it says, "And their best feature: these will run Sequoia and Sai coils"

Now does this mean you can use both sai AND sai+ coils in it? Both the smaller and bigger sizes?? o.O

There's a lot of great material in this thread but there's a lot to read and l can get...a little overwhelmed by it all lol
With wire coils All the time ,but load too much and it starts to taste burnt .I do not think the orig coils fit the Sequoia, ,I have had the Plus with a bubbler and titanium buckets and loved it ..I just got a core 2.0 with the DtV5 atomizer the Sic cup takes it all to a different leval .

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
With wire coils All the time ,but load too much and it starts to taste burnt .I do not think the orig coils fit the Sequoia, ,I have had the Plus with a bubbler and titanium buckets and loved it ..I just got a core 2.0 with the DtV5 atomizer the Sic cup takes it all to a different leval .

Well she only wants to use the quartz cups though... with no metal or ceramic, btw

Shit Snacks

The generosity king! I'm not sure she knows what silicon carbide is (sic)? But for reference it is like the quartz, only easier to keep clean? Though it also takes a bit longer to warm up maybe?? More durable too!

Shit Snacks

Thanks Shitty, I will repost my offer. I thought she already had a Sic. @~Elizabeth~ I have a V4.5 Sic dish on top of a Swag temp controlled mod that is yours if it will suit your needs. No charge, I don't use this device. It works very well with temp control and is easy to keep clean.

Oh you mean the divine tribe set up? Yeah I think she maybe would do really well with something like that already good to go!

~Elizabeth~

Well she only wants to use the quartz cups though... with no metal or ceramic, btw
ty for gently pointing this out
pls dlt, I should pay better attention when reading while elevated.
you are totally good lmao, l only come on this site while elevated just because I get stressed out otherwise. haha
The generosity king! I'm not sure she knows what silicon carbide is (sic)? But for reference it is like the quartz, only easier to keep clean? Though it also takes a bit longer to warm up maybe?? More durable too!
l did not, ty. I thought it just stood for silicon, didn't know about the carbide bit. l googled it and it came up with a beautiful looking gemstone lol. Will have to do some research as to how this compares to quartz health-wise! I always immediately dismissed it cuz l thought they were referring to like the plastic silicon, rip
Thanks Shitty, I will repost my offer. I thought she already had a Sic. @~Elizabeth~ I have a V4.5 Sic dish on top of a Swag temp controlled mod that is yours if it will suit your needs. No charge, I don't use this device. It works very well with temp control and is easy to keep clean.
you literally made me cry (happy tears). It makes me so happy that there are still kind people like you and shit snacks ((s)he's been helping me a ton since l've started posting here) willing to help. Thank you T_T so l did a brief search of sic and it seems spooky like vaping from other metals so lmma stick with my desire for quartz. However, looking on this site: https://ineedhemp.com/product/divin...n-carbide-cup-rebuildable-concentrate-heater/ underneath the "features" section it says,
  • Polished SIC, Quartz and Titanium Crucible options available
This looks like l could buy quartz cup replacement coils for it?? lf this is the case, omfg yes I would please love to take you up on your generous offer. lf not then I have to pass, but l thank you for extending your kindness to the world <3

Edit: Wow lol. So almost directly beneath the features section there is a link to quartz replacement coils. l can't believe all of the pieces have fallen into place so perfectly T_T <3 l would love to relieve you of your vape please!! :D
Oh you mean the divine tribe set up? Yeah I think she maybe would do really well with something like that already good to go!
lf l could find something good to go (or at the least, a box mod with arctic fox already installed on it), that would totally slash my anxiety of wading into unfamiliar waters

Last edited:

~Elizabeth~

I have used the Sai on an Aegis box mod for 2 years.
oh wow, 2 yrs--you must really like it! (:
I prefer the doughnut coil but have Titanium and wuartz buckets. I usually load roughly 2-3 match head size ammounts of concentrate witch lasts 1/2 a day or more.
Do you prefer the coil cuz it goes through product way slower, or? I've heard they're great at that. Dude so you use it throughout the course of the day, nice! Does that make it a bitch to clean after multiple sessions l wonder? l'm sure l'll find out lol
Yes it can get hot. The sirpath is only an inch long. I'd like to add a 3 foot whip to the Sai.
l'm assuming you mean the air but does the vape itself or the battery get hot too? ls sirpath the lil space that leads from the tank out of the mouthpiece? What's a whip in this context?
On my Sai (TAF titanium/ti bucket)
sorry what's TAF again? Dx
I place a Grasshopper silicone mouthpiece because the short stem does get hot
l will have to look into dis, wonder if there's somewhere local l could get it...
Often, I'll put a j-hook to just a press fit on it
that part's like a foreign language to me lol, rip

~Elizabeth~,

Shit Snacks

l'm assuming you mean the air but does the vape itself or the battery get hot too? ls sirpath the lil space that leads from the tank out of the mouthpiece? What's a whip in this context?

Yeah they mean the vapor, because yes the path is very short, little space, a whip would be a silicone tube you could add to the mouthpiece to make it even longer.

sorry what's TAF again?

That stands for top airflow, that is the only type of Sai that works with the (quartz) buckets, the previous version of it had airflow coming from the bottom, which only works with the other atomizers not the bucket cups, Sai+ and Sequoia are all TAF I think though.

that part's like a foreign language to me lol, rip

Haha a J hook is a glass mouthpiece that curves with a standard connection so you can use something in it typically with the vape upside down but here you would put the J hook upside down on top of the atomizer mouthpiece to lengthen the vapor path just like the silicone whip would.

Clapped_r6

I've said it before, but my go to rosin device is a Sai Ti bucket with a Aegis (had a voopoo drag 2, TC was a pain and it died in 6mo). Add a 510mod bottomless banger (turned upside down, 14mm pointing up) and finally through a j-hook (again, upside down)
Good TC, no burning rosin (and easy to clean if you do) and cooling without water is more flavorful etc.
The only gotcha with this is you also need a bubble cap with a long nose, that BB is pretty deep.
I should post a pic

~Elizabeth~

Yeah they mean the vapor, because yes the path is very short, little space, a whip would be a silicone tube you could add to the mouthpiece to make it even longer.
So l feel like this is a no-brainer question, but l gotta ask it lol: are silicone smoking accessories made with food grade, BPA free material? l'm guessing it varies from supplier to supplier. l'm also guessing that it would say "food grade" and/or "BPA free" on the packaging of it if so?
That stands for top airflow, that is the only type of Sai that works with the (quartz) buckets, the previous version of it had airflow coming from the bottom, which only works with the other atomizers not the bucket cups, Sai+ and Sequoia are all TAF I think though.
good to know, ty!
Haha a J hook is a glass mouthpiece that curves with a standard connection so you can use something in it typically with the vape upside down but here you would put the J hook upside down on top of the atomizer mouthpiece to lengthen the vapor path just like the silicone whip would.
whaaa

between your description, what Clapped and vapviking said, and google images, l want one of these! For at home if nowhere else.

the "Often, I'll put a j-hook to just a press fit on it" part...the "to just a press fit on it" part...what does that mean xD lt's probably really obvious lol. Does that mean just like, nestled in/against glass to glass?
I've said it before, but my go to rosin device is a Sai Ti bucket with a Aegis
Ti stands for titanium, yes?
(had a voopoo drag 2, TC was a pain and it died in 6mo)
rip voopoo
Add a 510mod bottomless banger (turned upside down, 14mm pointing up) and finally through a j-hook (again, upside down)
l'm interested in trying this when l get my hands on a tank!
Good TC, no burning rosin (and easy to clean if you do)
l'm hoping the quartz cup will perform similarly
cooling without water is more flavorful etc.
l did not know this! o:
The only gotcha with this is you also need a bubble cap with a long nose
like this? http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...-cap-all-sizes-available_415.jpg?v=1533120285
that BB is pretty deep
sorry, BB? x_x l'm working on my acronyms lol
I should post a pic
that'd be neat! l'm trying to envision it haha

~Elizabeth~,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
the "Often, I'll put a j-hook to just a press fit on it" part...the "to just a press fit on it" part...what does that mean xD lt's probably really obvious lol. Does that mean just like, nestled in/against glass to glass?
With glass pieces like we talk about, the common way things hook up would be a glass-on-glass or GonG, male-female connection like scientific glass pieces use in labs.
Sometimes, when fooling around or trying things out, one might just press a silicone fitting against glass even though not a perfect match, and still get a tight enough seal.

~Elizabeth~

With glass pieces like we talk about, the common way things hook up would be a glass-on-glass or GonG, male-female connection like scientific glass pieces use in labs.
Sometimes, when fooling around or trying things out, one might just press a silicone fitting against glass even though not a perfect match, and still get a tight enough seal.
ty for explaining all that! l've seen the male-female connection bit mentioned elsewhere and was thinking like with electric plugs/outlets...

l wouldn't think glass on glass would make a nice seal (even with the correct sizes), but if that's how you guys do it then obviously it must!

ty again for helping educate me (:

~Elizabeth~,

Shit Snacks

ty for explaining all that! l've seen the male-female connection bit mentioned elsewhere and was thinking like with electric plugs/outlets...

l wouldn't think glass on glass would make a nice seal (even with the correct sizes), but if that's how you guys do it then obviously it must!

ty again for helping educate me (:

Yeah the standard glass on glass connections are usually frosted, but they don't have to be, once you see them in person it makes a lot of sense? And regarding your silicone question, unfortunately no it is not always above board like that... Also I saw you mentioning AF earlier, yes it can mean as fuck, and we were talking about airflow, but when you see it mentioned here it's typically referring to Arctic Fox firmware for the mods... Oh and BB is bottomless banger! :tup:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Question!

I do this often, usually inadvertently (I just don’t finish the load till the next day).

As others mentioned, the more product you load, the more burned and dark the final hits will get, because it’s getting heated over and over again. Ideally you wanna load smaller amounts because the early hits are always the tastiest. But, as I can attest, it’s super easy to load too much and end up with extract that just gets hammered by the end. The exigencies of extract vaping! :lol:

(And obviously, you should definitely swab out the bucket at the end of each load, or old product will hang around and ruin your next fresh load.)

Last edited:

~Elizabeth~

Yeah the standard glass on glass connections are usually frosted, but they don't have to be, once you see them in person it makes a lot of sense?
well alright, that's fair xD
And regarding your silicone question, unfortunately no it is not always above board like that...
Blast. Wonder where l could find bpa free from...l should wait tho to post somewhere asking this until l know the size of my mouthpiece. That mephisto fellow is gonna send me a v4.5 setup, so sweet l am so freaking excited xD (S)he even offered to order/install the quartz coil for me beforehand, as tempting af as that sounds lmma try doing it myself with help from you guys/YouTube (need to do my homework and research this) because a) l'm gonna need to figure out how to do it myself eventually anyway and b) l'm too excited to want to wait for two rounds of shipping xD Been smoking like a chimney cuz of pain of late and l/my body are just over the whole combustion thing. Obvi smoking flower instead of dabbing rosin, it takes way more volume to get through to achieve the same effect. Can using a divine tribe atty be technically considered dabbing, or would one refer to this merely as vaping?
Also I saw you mentioning AF earlier, yes it can mean as fuck, and we were talking about airflow, but when you see it mentioned here it's typically referring to Arctic Fox firmware for the mods...
l use it for "as fuck" frequently xD good to know tho aha
Oh and BB is bottomless banger! :tup:
Bless you. l literally have a list of abbreviations/their meanings going xDD
I do this often, usually inadvertently (I just don’t finish the load till the next day).
this is reassuring to me lol
As others mentioned, the more product you load, the more burned and dark the final hits will get, because it’s getting heated over and over again. Ideally you wanna load smaller amounts because the early hits are always the tastiest.
l am a fan of tasty flavor B-) but it's nice knowing that--if l wanted to--l could load larger amounts if l were to be out and about and not in a convenient place to load/clean as l go. Would be cool not to feel chained to a small bottle of iso lol
But, as I can attest, it’s super easy to load too much and end up with extract that just gets hammered by the end.
l'll try to avoid, but if l fail l'll vape it anyways. Waste not the reefer!
The exigencies of extract vaping! :lol:
lol
(And obviously, you should definitely swab out the bucket at the end of each load, or old product will hang around and ruin your next fresh load.)
yes, ty for making sure l know this! You use iso on a q tip? Wait for it to cool down first?

mitchgo61

yes, ty for making sure l know this! You use iso on a q tip? Wait for it to cool down first?
You do not need ISO. It won’t even help that much. However, don’t wait for it to cool. In fact you won’t be able to dry swab a cool bucket….product will be hard and sticky. So when you’re at the end of a sesh, and you decide you’ve hit the last decent hit you’ll get, grab a swab while the bucket is hot and swab it dry. If it’s cooled down at all hold the fire button down and get the dregs of the product hot and liquid again and dry swab it. It must be hot and liquid to do this.

You will get the hang of it quickly. I always have a q tip standing by as part of my rig when I’m vaping extracts. Second nature at this point. :lol:

Shit Snacks

I also like to use organic cotton bamboo stick q-tips from Amazon that seem to be a higher quality than the standard... They also sell ones with different tip shapes... Another good thing to try using if you do need some liquid, is some distilled water, you boil it a couple drops in the dish to help swab clean.

mitchgo61

I also like to use organic cotton bamboo stick q-tips from Amazon that seem to be a higher quality than the standard... They also sell ones with different tip shapes... Another good thing to try using if you do need some liquid, is some distilled water, you boil it a couple drops in the dish to help swab clean.
Yeah the distilled water thing is something I find necessary every three or four bowls. Otherwise stuff just bakes onto the surface of the bucket and degrades future performance. You can also use a bamboo stick to gently scrape anything baked on when you’re heating a little distilled water in it. It won’t scratch it (at least the titanium ones) and sometimes it’s the only way I can remove any blackened bits.

(On paper it sounds like a lot of work but really as vaping goes, a Sai TAF setup is a pretty low maintenance habit!)

~Elizabeth~

You do not need ISO
cool! it's a pain cuz l'm allergic to it so have to wear gloves any time l'm handling it
don’t wait for it to cool. In fact you won’t be able to dry swab a cool bucket….product will be hard and sticky. So when you’re at the end of a sesh, and you decide you’ve hit the last decent hit you’ll get, grab a swab while the bucket is hot and swab it dry. If it’s cooled down at all hold the fire button down and get the dregs of the product hot and liquid again and dry swab it. It must be hot and liquid to do this.
ty for spelling all that out for me! *copies/pastes onto note sheet* xD
You will get the hang of it quickly.
bless you for your vote of confidence and for boosting my own in the process lol
I also like to use organic cotton bamboo stick q-tips from Amazon that seem to be a higher quality than the standard... They also sell ones with different tip shapes...
fancy! o: seen long handled ones before but never diff tip shapes
Another good thing to try using if you do need some liquid, is some distilled water, you boil it a couple drops in the dish to help swab clean.
My first thought at that was "Oh gawd lmma splash myself with boiling water trying to clean my vape," but yeah haha...if it's only a few drops, and if there's a lid on it anyways...we should be gucci xD What happens if you use water that isn't distilled, do you get like hard water deposits on the coil otherwise l take it?
Yeah the distilled water thing is something I find necessary every three or four bowls. Otherwise stuff just bakes onto the surface of the bucket and degrades future performance.
oh eww, ok ty duly noted
You can also use a bamboo stick to gently scrape anything baked on when you’re heating a little distilled water in it. It won’t scratch it (at least the titanium ones) and sometimes it’s the only way I can remove any blackened bits
blackened bits, rip x_x l didn't realize these things got hot enough to like...char the material like that. l'll be using quartz cup coils; if a bamboo stick scratches that then l may be in trouble lol. Thanks for all this detailed maintenance info you guys!
(On paper it sounds like a lot of work but really as vaping goes, a Sai TAF setup is a pretty low maintenance habit!)
lt didn't sound like a ton of work so much as a minor inconvenience :D The tank atomizers do seem quite low maintenance overall. There may not be any maintenance required with joints, but the health and hygiene benefits of vaping instead will make the vape maintenance worth it one hundred fold

Shit Snacks

My first thought at that was "Oh gawd lmma splash myself with boiling water trying to clean my vape," but yeah haha...if it's only a few drops, and if there's a lid on it anyways...we should be gucci xD What happens if you use water that isn't distilled, do you get like hard water deposits on the coil otherwise l take it?

Haha yeah I know it's just a drop, it's not going to splash, and it wouldn't hurt, but you do keep the lid off when you clean like this, you would put the drops warm it up and then quick swab with the q-tip I think... Yes that is why you used distilled water, and why it can be used instead of iso alcohol, you don't want to use regular tap water, the impurities it will leave on your bucket... Yeah of course these things get hot enough to burn and char haha That's why you need to keep them clean, you can't just keep using the same dish over and over again without cleaning!

Top Bottom