• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Saionara Atomizer thread

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Oh I am using it with bottomless banger exclusively now, and bubble cap, all clear so I can see what's going on completely!

That is a sweet setup.

I'm sure the cooling effect isn't as good, but I like the look of the new glass housing they offer for the DT V4. You get the better view over metal. I wish they made one for the Sai. The motar glass top works in a pinch.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I’m using my titanium TAF coils on TI-TCR settings with both my Pico and Geek Vape mods. Both at 30 watts and 235 C temp target. (HVT says the range for this coil is 28-32 watts.)

I’ve noticed weird behavior lately with the Geek....

1. Where it used to display temps above 100c very quickly, lately it seems to crawl upwards. If I hit at say 115 where a week ago I’d hit at 170, the vapor is exactly the same. I was thinking maybe the coil wasn’t responding as well as it did before....so I put the whole Sai assembly on my Pico and it acted the way it always does, hitting 235 C in just a few seconds. Seems like the Geek is either not displaying the correct temps, or heating the coil WAY more efficiently than before. WEIRD.

2. The Geek keeps kicking the resistance out of locked mode during hits. I keep re locking it at room temp and it comes unlocked every third hit. It doesn’t have any practical effect on vapor though. It’s also asking me every so often if I’m using a new coil...I know a short or bad connection can cause this but it all seems snug, but not too snug. (The ohms have also crept up a bit on the Geek, from like .63 to . 75ish....when I put the coil on the Pico it reads .63 again.)

Like I said, weird.....

Last edited:

wm762

Product Tester / Reviewer
Does anyone know where I can get a carrying case that is smell proof that will allow me to carry the top airflow SAI along with 2 mods and some concentrates in Canada? I have two Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 DUAL 230W Box Mod

wm762,

BabyFacedFinster

I am seriously considering the Core erig. I know it has the limited 3 temp settings and all, but it just looks so damn convenient. I like that they use the Sai + stuff, although I wish my Sai TAF coils would work. I should have jumped on one when PIU was selling them for $135. I think DT is the only place selling them now for $150.

I think another benefit in my mind is not having to be mindful of pulsing a mod button during your hit. I think I'm just uncoordinated but I like the idea of a more automatic, quick button press and go. Do mods like the voopoo draw, have an auto setting that is similar to that?

Those Rios also look so cool, and they are sooo the in-vape right now. All the cool kids have one. If it had a cup attached, I think some people might blow their goo. But I think I would burn my throat using it.

BabyFacedFinster,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb

BubbleDrop

sai.png

Here are the settings I'm using with the TAF (using the Ti Bucket Coil), not sure that's correctly done but it does work quite well !
I used the below recommendations.

Recommended Settings:​

Titanium Bucket Coil: 24-28W; TC-Ni, 325-425F

arb

Semi shaved ape
I am seriously considering the Core erig. I know it has the limited 3 temp settings and all, but it just looks so damn convenient. I like that they use the Sai + stuff, although I wish my Sai TAF coils would work. I should have jumped on one when PIU was selling them for $135. I think DT is the only place selling them now for $150.

I think another benefit in my mind is not having to be mindful of pulsing a mod button during your hit. I think I'm just uncoordinated but I like the idea of a more automatic, quick button press and go. Do mods like the voopoo draw, have an auto setting that is similar to that?

Those Rios also look so cool, and they are sooo the in-vape right now. All the cool kids have one. If it had a cup attached, I think some people might blow their goo. But I think I would burn my throat.
Shit man at $150 it's still cheap.

mitchgo61

View attachment 7137

Here are the settings I'm using with the TAF (using the Ti Bucket Coil), not sure that's correctly done but it does work quite well !
I used the below recommendations.

Recommended Settings:​

Titanium Bucket Coil: 24-28W; TC-Ni, 325-425F

Interesting. I use my exact same rig at 30w and 235C, which I rarely get near before hitting. BTW HVT lists the wattage range for the TI TAF coil at 29-32. Wonder which one is correct?

BubbleDrop

BTW HVT lists the wattage range for the TI TAF coil at 29-32. Wonder which one is correct?
I think it still says 24-28W, here :
Titanium Bucket Coil: 24-28W; TC-Ni, 380-450F

Interesting. I use my exact same rig at 30w and 235C, which I rarely get near before hitting
I used the lowest setting for temperature which is close to 380F (195°C).
It does work fine, and I'm getting quite a lot of vapor. I wonder what would change if I set it to 450F (230°C).

Still a bit confused : would you change the settings during the short session ?
In this case, would moving the wattage or the temperature act the same way ?

BubbleDrop,

mitchgo61

I think it still says 24-28W, here :
Titanium Bucket Coil: 24-28W; TC-Ni, 380-450F

I used the lowest setting for temperature which is close to 380F (195°C).
It does work fine, and I'm getting quite a lot of vapor. I wonder what would change if I set it to 450F (230°C).

Still a bit confused : would you change the settings during the short session ?
In this case, would moving the wattage or the temperature act the same way ?
Weird, cause the chart they sent me with my TI coil order recently said 28-32. Folks at Puffitup suggested using 30 watts for that coil.

As far as I can tell, if you set the wattage too low you’ll have trouble achieving temps....and if it’s too high, obviously you can burn out the coil. I don’t see much difference in temp settings....my Geek Vape pumps out huge vapor in the low 100s no matter what I set the target to. My Pico needs to get close to 200 for the kind of vapor I like...so I need a target of at least 200.

Not sure if that answered your question....so yeah, moving the temp is a better way to adjust the vapor, rather than wattage. Hence it’s much easier to change temps in TCR mode than it is to change wattage.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

There were three sets of setting recommendations for the same coils causing the confusion.
One printed with the coils and two different ones were on hvt website.
😂
Hah! So, like, which is correct? Be nice to know the correct upper limit on the wattage. Maybe I’ll dial down to 28 just to be really picky about it. :lol:

wm762

I finally got a carrying case for my SAI.
it is big enough to fit two mods, concentrates, and dab tool.
it is smell proof.
awesome stuff.
it was easy to gather via Amazon.

wm762,

BabyFacedFinster

Does the voopoo drag, or any of the single battery mods, have a setting where the unit heats up and you can hit it without holding or pulsing a button?

BabyFacedFinster,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Does the voopoo drag, or any of the single battery mods, have a setting where the unit heats up and you can hit it without holding or pulsing a button?
I think arctic has a setting where you press once and it runs the cycle you program or I could be wrong but I swear I have seen that being done?

BubbleDrop

Weird, cause the chart they sent me with my TI coil order recently said 28-32. Folks at Puffitup suggested using 30 watts for that coil.
Yes, I believe nothing is set in stone and it seems they kind of frequentlychange recommendations !

As far as I can tell, if you set the wattage too low you’ll have trouble achieving temps....and if it’s too high, obviously you can burn out the coil. I don’t see much difference in temp settings...
Ok, well noted !

Not sure if that answered your question....so yeah, moving the temp is a better way to adjust the vapor, rather than wattage. Hence it’s much easier to change temps in TCR mode than it is to change wattage.
I'll try that, but it is usually only a couple of hits for each session.
So I'll do a session at a temp and change temp for another session, see if I can feel any differences !

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I think arctic has a setting where you press once and it runs the cycle you program or I could be wrong but I swear I have seen that being done?

Yes you can do this with Arctic Fox, Tubo, SurMyEvic (this is the only one where it is one press, the other two are a double press to enter autofire or cruise as they call it)

My Sai+ is on Wismec Ravage 230 mod running red panda (which is just arctic fox in color) and I'm going to try my Sai TAF on Wismec Reuleaux Gen3Dual mod running tubo though these are both dual battery mods. A great single battery one that will work with these firmware's is the Wismec Sinuous P80 however they are hard to find now as they stopped being made recently... There are other options, you need to look up the compatibility lists somewhere (google)

BabyFacedFinster

Thanks guys. I just spent half a day checking out some Divine Tribe stuff also. DT is coming out with the V5 soon which promises a nice hit on smoothed sic versus rough buckets. From what I've read, this makes a big difference in clean up and an improved overall experience. He is also promising a thicker boro glass top with a 14mm ground glass fitting.

I can really only justify spending another 1 to 2 bills on vape equipment right now. I've convinced myself that it's for the 420 holiday spirit. I vape almost entirely badder and sauce. I am between the Core which uses the sai + stuff, a DT setup when the V5 comes out, or a new vapcap stem. I love my sauce on cotton through the vapcaps. I depend on my terp pen for 2-3 quick blasts before bed. I really want a mod/bucket to fill the slot between the two other vapes for when I want a mild dab session. So far my sai taf and DT V4 have not done it for me.

I only put in about half a rice grain, because it is all I can handle. Up till now my experience is the dab goes in and then disappears after only 1-2 mild hits. I get very little return for what I would get out of my other vapes. I'm cheap on loading up a bucket when I can get enough medicine from half that amount wrapped in cotton or using the terp pen. I'm hoping that the Arctic fox would give me more of a erig experience without needing to pulse a button.

Yes you can do this with Arctic Fox, Tubo, SurMyEvic (this is the only one where it is one press, the other two are a double press to enter autofire or cruise as they call it)

My Sai+ is on Wismec Ravage 230 mod running red panda (which is just arctic fox in color) and I'm going to try my Sai TAF on Wismec Reuleaux.

According to the NFE/Arctic fox website there is a short list of mods that are capable of accepting the AF download. Most are related to Wismec, iLeaf, Joyetech and a few other others under that parent company. They don't list companies like VooPoo, Geekvape, etc. This is a shame because I do like the Draw and the Aegis.

The other issue is we only own chromebooks and I don't see another device, like an iphone, that can be used to do the download other than a PC or a macbook. AF seems to be important to me because it gives that one press automatic setting which runs through a 60 sec pre-set heat pattern.

Shit Snacks

Thanks guys. I just spent half a day checking out some Divine Tribe stuff also. DT is coming out with the V5 soon which promises a nice hit on smoothed sic versus rough buckets. From what I've read, this makes a big difference in clean up and an improved overall experience. He is also promising a thicker boro glass top with a 14mm ground glass fitting.

I can really only justify spending another 1 to 2 bills on vape equipment right now. I've convinced myself that it's for the 420 holiday spirit. I vape almost entirely badder and sauce. I am between the Core which uses the sai + stuff, a DT setup when the V5 comes out, or a new vapcap stem. I love my sauce on cotton through the vapcaps. I depend on my terp pen for 2-3 quick blasts before bed. I really want a mod/bucket to fill the slot between the two other vapes for when I want a mild dab session. So far my sai taf and DT V4 have not done it for me.

I only put in about half a rice grain, because it is all I can handle. Up till now my experience is the dab goes in and then disappears after only 1-2 mild hits. I get very little return for what I would get out of my other vapes. I'm cheap on loading up a bucket when I can get enough medicine from half that amount wrapped in cotton or using the terp pen. I'm hoping that the Arctic fox would give me more of a erig experience without needing to pulse a button.

According to the NFE/Arctic fox website there is a short list of mods that are capable of accepting the AF download. Most are related to Wismec, iLeaf, Joyetech and a few other others under that parent company. They don't list companies like VooPoo, Geekvape, etc. This is a shame because I do like the Draw and the Aegis.

The other issue is we only own chromebooks and I don't see another device, like an iphone, that can be used to do the download other than a PC or a macbook. AF seems to be important to me because it gives that one press automatic setting which runs through a 60 sec pre-set heat pattern.

Oh yeah, you need to use someone's Windows PC, or download virtual software, there are some places you can actually buy the mod preset up, best place to shop around honestly is going to be Reddit entexchange... It's a shame the options are so limited, I now have a good variety myself, but I don't have anything of those brands for that reason...

I think it will be really good to use with tubo in particular because you can do a t-step cruise, set it to start low for taste and then increase to finish it off without having to reset manually... It offers a lot more vape functionality, for our purposes, then the other two which are geared more toward e-cig, the Arctic Fox is nice because you set it up on the computer but that's not going to be good for your case anyway! Surmyevic it's nice if you like that single hard press, but yeah tubo is similar you just have to do two clicks I think unless it's possible to make it be the first click? But anyway it offers more functionality that you can set up directly on the mod. I am excited to set it all up when I open my Sai TAF finally!

In the meantime I just tried my Plus again, this time bottomless banger using my new little klein recycler, loaded about that amount of cereal milk turp sugar... First hit at 380, properly watched it heat up and gave it a second or two before I started inhaling. Then I did one at 420, both quite nice! Tasty, light effects, I did not q-tip quick enough so I think I am going to just do another now...

PXL-20210416-212536843.jpg

I switched my settings to be the TFR Ni and actually 32 watts, this is using quartz bucket

PXL-20210416-213217386.jpg

I think I found the right tools to load as well, pretty tricky, so I need to use two! These^ Rogue Wax Works handles and tips did this second one well, without removing the BB!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

PXL-20210417-035519128.jpg

Can't edit above, but now I've done some successful hot start dabbing, 480-500F with some lava cake live resin sugar that is a bit stickier than the cereal milk, and perfect on this titanium flat disc tip zebrawood tool!

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

I ended up going with the Core as my 420 gift to myself. It just seemed too complicated to get the mod setup where I might want it, at least for now. I'm excited to have an easy, all-in-one unit that I can hit and then put it away easily. With kids around here I have to constantly duck and cover with my stuff and the Core looks to make that easy. I also like that it uses the sai + coils.

In researching the Core, it had pretty favorable reviews by PIU and DT who were both selling them. In fact, I bought mine off Matt's DT site where he offers his own warranty for the Core for a full year against defects. That plus a 10% off code (thankyou10) made the $135 purchase easier for me. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I ended up going with the Core as my 420 gift to myself. It just seemed too complicated to get the mod setup where I might want it, at least for now. I'm excited to have an easy, all-in-one unit that I can hit and then put it away easily. With kids around here I have to constantly duck and cover with my stuff and the Core looks to make that easy. I also like that it uses the sai + coils.

In researching the Core, it had pretty favorable reviews by PIU and DT who were both selling them. In fact, I bought mine off Matt's DT site where he offers his own warranty for the Core for a full year against defects. That plus a 10% off code made the $135 purchase easier for me. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

Damn that's a good price! Pretty tempting, even though I already have the setups to use my own glass, the all-in-one design is very appealing... Somebody stop me please :lol:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
My 420 gift to myself this year was a new sequoia and a wismec RX gen3 dual from recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk this is my first mod based vape and my first experience with Arctic fox. Loving it so far but I need to learn about all the settings!

Is the new sequoia the same as the sequoia / sai+?

I'm running the standard titanium bucket with disk shaped coil underneath. It's set to 28w and 185c at the moment. It came set to 40w and 200c but that seemed to scorch a little bit so I dropped both. I've been using the double tap autofire method with a bottomless Banger and a couple of 4mm quartz pearls. The TCR settings on recvapes don't seem to match the mod and I wonder if my temp is reading a little low because of this.

I've read the last few pages and it seems that people tend to favour the ti buckets over quartz, I need to get some spare coils and buckets, do the more experienced users have and recommendations on which to try?

Shit Snacks

My 420 gift to myself this year was a new sequoia and a wismec RX gen3 dual from recommendedvapesupplies.co.uk this is my first mod based vape and my first experience with Arctic fox. Loving it so far but I need to learn about all the settings!

Is the new sequoia the same as the sequoia / sai+?

I'm running the standard titanium bucket with disk shaped coil underneath. It's set to 28w and 185c at the moment. It came set to 40w and 200c but that seemed to scorch a little bit so I dropped both. I've been using the double tap autofire method with a bottomless Banger and a couple of 4mm quartz pearls. The TCR settings on recvapes don't seem to match the mod and I wonder if my temp is reading a little low because of this.

I've read the last few pages and it seems that people tend to favour the ti buckets over quartz, I need to get some spare coils and buckets, do the more experienced users have and recommendations on which to try?

Actually prefer the quartz, I think I got temp control set up okay, though I'm not sure using it to its most potential... As far as I know they are all the same, I'd recommend getting some quartz buckets if you can!

wm762

Hey guys,
I am interested in purchasing o-rings in bulk discount in CANADA. I have the Sai Top Air Flow. Any direct links ? i don't mind using Amazon (if it is possible) or other websites as long they ship to Canada.

I don't want to buy from Humboldt or TheHerbCafe (Canadian Vape Store) because they sell very small quanties and at a huge market up price.

Top Bottom