Saionara Atomizer thread

kuzko

Looks like with the vape mail ban looming it was a good time to have an atomizer burn out on me. Not sure what happened, been using the same settings on it as always, must have just been its time. Probably lasted 2 years of sporadic use. I just got 5 new quartz bucket atomizers delivered. Plus while I was looking and taking advantage of the discount, I went ahead and got one of the new SiC bucket atomizers. Gotta work on dialing in the settings for SiC to see what's good.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Well I haven't tried it again yet, but I must believe in this* because I just ordered from HVT: Ti Sai TAF with quartz/ silicon carbide buckets and 5pk of their heaters, the whip wpa, spare Ti bucket and 5pk quartz buckets for my Sai+, along with heat sinks for both...

*or I am just ban panic buying lol

kuzko

Well I haven't tried it again yet, but I must believe in this* because I just ordered from HVT: Ti Sai TAF with quartz/ silicon carbide buckets and 5pk of their heaters, the whip wpa, spare Ti bucket and 5pk quartz buckets for my Sai+, along with heat sinks for both...

I dunno, it’s either good marketing or sh*ts gonna change. My brother and I were joking about the rise of head shops again and seeing HVT stuff at head shops.

MyCollie

I dunno, it’s either good marketing or sh*ts gonna change. My brother and I were joking about the rise of head shops again and seeing HVT stuff at head shops.

One of my local shops carries some of the HVT products. I think I bought a 5-pack of coils. With a Sai, Sequoia and two “New Sequoia/Sequoia l+“. I should be set for a long while. I really love this setup.

510MOD

Manufacturer
Natural selection. You should now allow the 2 remaining Poseidons to mate and produce the next generation. ;) I get the pick of the litter.

One issue is not being able to see the vapor being produced with the metal housing on. I have used a glass Motar top with a short silicone tube attached so you can judge how often to pulse the button. I have also used a master adapter to join a hydrotube to the metal housing. Works, but it's like a jenga erector set. The Poseidon looked promising because you get the clear view, plus water plus the small footprint.

I'm in a tailspin right now with vape shit, I'm so concerned about the shipping issue that I'm trying to stock up in case of an annoying embargo or price hike or both. I'm buying shit I don't even know if I need. Like the mod, I have a pico 75 that works fine but the better screen and @arb's recommendation on the VP Draw X has me eyeing that. Does anyone use elementvape.com? They have them for less than 40 bucks.
I have bought a bunch of Wismecs off elementvape.com. They are legit and usually ship within a couple of days.

Shit Snacks

I just purchased multiple concentrates and I can’t wait to try them in the Sai. I purchased a bunch of badder, live budder, live sap, live sugar, a few live sauce carts not for the Sai :), and more. They seem to be overstocked with lemon strains: lemon layer cake, lemon bars, etc.

Those all sound delicious mmm

So I tried some of the CBD rosin in the sai plus yesterday, may have worked even worse than the raw garden live resin lol Seemed like there was black residue left that could not be vaped, plant matter?

Also yeah I just can't bring myself to load very much, that is just not my style, so hopefully my incoming regular Sai TAF titanium will be more fitting for me... HVT sent shipping notice this morning, I did get a spare Ti bucket and 5pk of quartz for the plus too along with a heat sink, but I may end up giving it all to a friend?

Shit Snacks,
  • Wow
Reactions: arb

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

So I tried some of the CBD rosin in the sai plus yesterday, may have worked even worse than the raw garden live resin lol Seemed like there was black residue left that could not be vaped, plant matter?

Also yeah I just can't bring myself to load very much, that is just not my style, so hopefully my incoming regular Sai TAF titanium will be more fitting for me... HVT sent shipping notice this morning, I did get a spare Ti bucket and 5pk of quartz for the plus too along with a heat sink, but I may end up giving it all to a friend?
I just did the same thing. Figured I’d get last minute supplies before the ban. Bought a spare Sai TAF from HVT (this one is black so it’ll match my Pico better than my current SS Sai). Thankfully I bought a couple spare TI coils from puffitup a couple weeks ago.

I also figured I should get a new box mod if I’m gonna have two Sais so I ordered a Geek Vape Aegis X 200w from Select Vape.....one of the last places that’ll still ship to ME. I guess I’ve already had a bit of practice working around this shipping nonsense.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I just did the same thing. Figured I’d get last minute supplies before the ban. Bought a spare Sai TAF from HVT (this one is black so it’ll match my Pico better than my current SS Sai). Thankfully I bought a couple spare TI coils from puffitup a couple weeks ago.

I also figured I should get a new box mod if I’m gonna have two Sais so I ordered a Geek Vape Aegis X 200w from Select Vape.....one of the last places that’ll still ship to ME. I guess I’ve already had a bit of practice working around this shipping nonsense.
Geekvape works great with these on wattage but not temp control.
If you have the fix please share mine kicks back into wattage after firing the button........best fire button on my mods by far with that awesome giant screen.

mitchgo61

If you have the fix please share mine kicks back into wattage after firing the button........best fire button on my mods by far with that awesome giant screen.
Interesting. I’m not too savvy with wattage mode so I hope I can get it to work. (I may need to pick your brain on this. :lol:)

I note my Pico 75 does this sometimes....kicks into watts when I hit the fire button. It seems to be a result of a short or connection issue....the bucket, or the coil, or the whole attachment will be a teeny bit loose and tightening all three up seems to fix temp mode.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Interesting. I’m not too savvy with wattage mode so I hope I can get it to work. (I may need to pick your brain on this. :lol:)

I note my Pico 75 does this sometimes....kicks into watts when I hit the fire button. It seems to be a result of a short or connection issue....the bucket, or the coil, or the whole attachment will be a teeny bit loose and tightening all three up seems to fix temp mode.
Voopop drag is what fixed mine,zero issues since.
I love the geekvape aegis with my stempod though definitely my favorite portable flower vape.

Shit Snacks

I really don't want to buy anymore e-cig mods! I already have so many of them from the convection vapes, hopefully I can figure out temp control with them though...

Shit Snacks

Super fast shipping within California!

PXL-20210324-213443936.jpg

Everything very well packaged, always so surprisingly small... they included a free pen and some orings! I need to get some more concentrate, the Humboldt's Finest live resin was definitely the best of what I had, so some more of that for sure... I'll be back!

Shit Snacks

Oh apparently they increased the sale now, for the final two days, 25% off $75+ instead of the 15% off $100 that I got, a few things like the WPA already sold out though...

Edit: and Planet of the Vapes still has a few Sai things on extra discount as well... I grabbed a Poseidon bubbler (should I have gotten two?? @stickstones lol) along with a couple glass mouthpieces and four spare quartz buckets! Am I finally set? :freak:

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Edit: and Planet of the Vapes still has a few Sai things on extra discount as well... I grabbed a Poseidon bubbler (should I have gotten two?? @stickstones lol) along with a couple glass mouthpieces and four spare quartz buckets! Am I finally set? :freak:

I just picked up one of those bubblers. Supposedly they break easily, but for $12 bucks, why not?

Shit Snacks

I just picked up one of those bubblers. Supposedly they break easily, but for $12 bucks, why not?

Yeah that price is what made me think I should be getting two, to have a backup, especially if you say they break easily... I am generally pretty careful though and I do have the whip wpa kit too for Sai at least! Getting a bottomless banger for the Plus next...

Tested out the Sai+ again with the raw garden using my new quartz, loaded a little more and got a hit that was definitely a dab! However yeah tricky balance of getting another hit, and staining trying to keep clean... Does anyone use these for hot start dabs? Perhaps better to try in temp control mode, if I can muster up the courage to test the nickel settings in red panda...

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Oh apparently they increased the sale now, for the final two days, 25% off $75+ instead of the 15% off $100 that I got, a few things like the WPA already sold out though...

We paid like $35.00 or close to it a piece so that is a great price!

SLYTHERIN SMOKER

Haven’t really been active, since I posted up my walkthrough pics for Arctic Fox set up and Pi live data for settings on page 35
I built my BB setup and love it. So was living the dream😎
Unfortunately I see HVT is no longer going to be selling online.
Where can I buy titanium bucket coils, without the bucket?
I’ll even buy with the bucket lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
SLYTHERIN SMOKER,
Reactions: arb

mitchgo61

So the Aegis X arrived today. Seems to work great in TC mode with the Sai TSF Titanium coil....I dialed in 30 watts and set the temp to 235C and it totally rips. Not sure I have a fix for it...it just worked, once I figured out how to navigate the menus and sub-menus.

Cool device. The screen is great, the dual battery makes it very powerful....and I can always use something to keep track of my hits. :lol:

MyCollie

The strains are pretty good but I purchased too many Sativas and should have changed my order but overall I’m happy.

I also have the heat sink. I’m not sure how much it helps. I worry about the amount of heat some of the coils generate. I’m not aggressive on settings or technique but when I use the buckets both the Sai and Sequoia get pretty damn hot..

Shit Snacks

Getting a bottomless banger for the Plus next...

All right now I have purchased quartz 30mm double beveled bottomless banger from @510MOD and quartz pi purple bubble cap from @710Coils (along with awesome mood mat) Also ordered a few more tools from @RogueGuy two specifically for my Sai's... I think I am finally done buying, except I need to buy more concentrate too of course!

Tested out the Sai+ again with the raw garden using my new quartz, loaded a little more and got a hit that was definitely a dab! However yeah tricky balance of getting another hit, and staining trying to keep clean... Does anyone use these for hot start dabs? Perhaps better to try in temp control mode, if I can muster up the courage to test the nickel settings in red panda...

Photos from the above session:

PXL-20210325-042224313.jpg

Loaded twice as much or so this time?

Only had one hit like I said because it was too much, the recovery time, and also I feel like there wasn't enough left for another? But like too much left maybe I don't know lol

PXL-20210325-043817057.jpg

Afterwards this is as clean as I could get it, maybe could clean it further removing the quartz?

I tried to qtip right after but yeah at first I didn't know if I was going to try for another hit, like tough to gauge for me, but I did heat it again before Qtipping and I even tried a little iso again too...

Those tiny black specks however, those were actually there when it arrived, did not come off cleaning before first use... Not sure what it is?

^here it is with the new heat sink, definitely helpful with the quartz bucket, which I was using at 50 watts, not holding the button down for more than 5 seconds at a time, especially when I was trying to clean it everything gets pretty damn hot certainly with this all steel Sai+ so yeah glad I got it! May not be as necessary for my regular Sai TAF, which is titanium, have not opened that up yet, but the silicon carbide I got is only for the Sai so I am going to work my way up to that?

BabyFacedFinster

Only had one hit like I said because it was too much, the recovery time, and also I feel like there wasn't enough left for another? But like too much left maybe I don't know lol

That happens to me all the time. Can't wait to try that terpy new shit. So you take a big ol hit, but it's followed by the heebies jeebies for a while. Then there's some darker stuff left in the bucket, but you don't quite know if it's gonna taste good or if it's just gonna burn your throat. So you hit it once more and burn your throat. You realize you probably should have let go of the button about 4 seconds ago.

Looking forward to that posideon coming in the mail. I hope to enjoy it for a while before it breaks.

Shit Snacks

That happens to me all the time. Can't wait to try that terpy new shit. So you take a big ol hit, but it's followed by the heebies jeebies for a while. Then there's some darker stuff left in the bucket, but you don't quite know if it's gonna taste good or if it's just gonna burn your throat. So you hit it once more and burn your throat. You realize you probably should have let go of the button about 4 seconds ago.

Looking forward to that posideon coming in the mail. I hope to enjoy it for a while before it breaks.

Haha mine already arrived, super fast shipping from POTV! I have not opened up my Sai gear yet, but they actually gave me 4 quartz buckets with the heaters! So I am pretty well stocked to try stuff out, stains be damned! Now I am just in the process of hoping to secure a whole lot more concentrate, still mostly budget-minded, more raw garden and humboldts, but going to try a new brand along with two cannabiotix (one is a pricey rosin that I am semi shelling out for to try)

Yeah getting the size right is going to be a project, along with the temp control thing, I also just got some more rogue wax works tools specifically to find something that can load the buckets more easily... But I'm thinking with banger water setups hot start dabs can be possible??

I feel like those are just easier to work with efficiency wise, if I can get proper temp control auto fire going, and more similar to what I am used to with torch n banger at my buddy's... I also just got his torch so I can do a proper dab that way too now, overload!

BabyFacedFinster

I should have also picked up the Sai banger attachment for $6 when POTV was selling off all that stuff. I'm glad POTV is still running, but a lot has been sold off, and with PIU and others completely down it is a very uneasy feeling. It's a shame that even with the trend of cannabis being more mainstream and a democratic government in place that our community is still running scared.

This year's vape supplies is last year's toilet paper.

Having access to good concentrates is a blessing. I have vaped very little flower lately, in fact I will probably use my rosin press to squish what flower I have sitting around, but with fine badders and live resin available I haven't had the want or need to bother pressing anything. However, with availabilty and politics constantly changing I am glad I have the ability to make my own rosin if necessary.

My main consumption is still wrapping concentrates in cotton and using my vapcaps. I just love the slower session and great flavor. I have enails and torches too, but the hits are too powerful. So my next method is the terp pen which is easy and quick. I am currently practicing with my Sai because I want it to be another method in my arsenal. I want it to be a great method for me to use, in between the vapcap and the terp pen. It is a great technique for a lot of people. So I keep at it, and the posideon will be my newest trick to try. I used to hate my vapcaps, but after working at it and discovering IH's it went from my worst to my number one. I want my Sai to work for me also. I have the DT V4 stuff also, but think my Sai stuff is much studier.

@Shit Snacks, best wishes with your new toys!

And Happy Passover to anyone who celebrates! Vape your Marijuanaka.

Top Bottom