Saionara Atomizer thread

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just got a TAF Sai from PIU. I've been wanting to try out the Ti bucket. Kinda new to 510 mod dabs. My only experience with mods is the DT V4 with the quartz cup. Never could seem to get it to work for me. I only load a small amount because I don't want to overdo it. My mod is a pico 75.

Now I read to put a decent dab in the Sai and you can hit it through the evening. So I put a bit over a rice grain in there, enough for like three sessions for me. Set at Ni, 33W and 390F, I start hitting it. That fucker had me blow a cloud like I was CustomGrow420. A massive, tasty hit that used up all three sessions at once. I knew instantly this was going to be bad. Luckily the high wasn't too intense. I just had to stop drinking beer to get through it.

So this thing works fucking well. One hit is all I could do so far. So much more effective than that quartz cup.

When that hit was done, the reclaim looked a little brown on the bottom so I turned it down to 380F for the next trial.

So if you want to sip off this thing, do you just rev the mod up to the target temp briefly then let off the button and take a smaller puff? I held the button down the whole time I was hitting it before.

BabyFacedFinster

I've hit it a few more times at 28W and was much more manageable.

The recommendation is 25 to 35, I settled on 30w myself (mainly as it was in the middle).
I actually prefer the Ti bucket myself out of the few options I tried with the Sai.

Yeah, I'll give 30W a shot also. Might be a nice balance. The bucket is fun to play with. Gotta get some water cooling going tho. I have a silicone adapter coming tomorrow from PIU so I can easily pair it with a hydrotube.

I also picked up the DT version of the Ti cup for my V4 and will give that a go tomorrow. Looking forward to a Ti bucket shootout.

These things look like they'll fill my rosin hits around the house nitche, but when I need a fast hit before bed or want to hit it at the park I'm probably still going for my terp pen out of convenience. Taste won't be as good. @LesPlenty, still using the headbanger for quicker hits?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just had to stop drinking beer to get through it.
My first ride on the Sai about a month ago was similarly impressive, sans the beer, but...
Realized right away that I could easily consume much more wax than I had previously (terp pen), and it is delicious.
That first week, in the name of dialing it all in, I think I over-medicated on canna for the first time in 50 years (or at least reached a whole new level). Couple days in I was using the bubbler, with a silicone tip on the Sai to match up.
Also vaping flower and hitting an oil pen once in a while, and maybe the terp pen, ya' know to help clean the tool after loading the Sai...

During that time I developed two different 'rashes' on skin - very unusual for me. One was most likely from a wasp sting (venom travels through bloodstream); the other, a mystery.
My singing voice went from a pretty smooth baritone to something like Levon Helm on Dirt Farmer, about 95 years old. Interesting, but I'd like the old one back for a while longer. ( I think the oil does that to me...)
I cut out the concentrates for about a week+ now, stuck to flower, still in generous amounts.

Honestly don't know how much it was the prednisone or the 'trate abstinence; the 'sting' reaction rash took more than ten days to clear, and the other is getting better more slowly.

I won't be going back to store-bought oils; gonna go for cleaner things, but I got a lot to learn...some of which is still about moderation.

I do know I want to get back into the Sai real soon, but I will take it a bit slower!
btw, I don't hold the Sai responsible for any of this, it does an awesome job.

As the harvest season approaches I hope to go back to mostly nice clean bud from a farmer I know.
There's just usually not enough for me to get a supply in for year...

Sorry to be motor mouthed, that's the prednisone talkin'...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Setting recommendations for the titanium skillet from the maker.
The manufacturer says up to 28w for the Ti bucket (don't know what a skillet is)as I have now found, does the TAF specs read the same as the OG?

I just went off this chart that was recommended to me a while back when I first started with the Sai,

TC (Temperature Control) Power Options
Kanthal Black Ceramic 4mm Wattage Mode Only 14-28w; Best: 26w Biggest clouds, less taste, quick heat up
Kanthal
Black Ceramic 2mm
Wattage Mode Only 15-25w; Best: 23w Big clouds, less taste,Quicker heat up
Kanthal
Quartz 4mm
Wattage Mode Only 14-28w, Best: 26w Big clouds, more taste, quick heat up
Kanthal
Quartz 2mm
Wattage Mode Only 20-25w; Best: 23w Big clouds, more taste, quicker heat up
Stainless Steel
Black Ceramic 4mm
SS: 360-400F 20-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, good flavor, slightly slow heat up
Stainless Steel
Black Ceramic 2mm
SS: 350-400F 17-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, good flavor
Stainless Steel
Quartz 4mm
SS: 360-400F 20-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, great flavor, slightly slower heat up
Stainless Steel
Quartz 2mm
SS: 350-400F 17-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, great flavor
Titanium
Quartz x3
Ti: 420-460 20-27w; Best: 23 Good clouds, great taste, fast, consistent
Slightly more vapor and slower than x2
Titanium
Quartz x2
Ti: 340-400 15-25w; Best: 22 Good clouds, great taste, fast, consistent
Slightly faster heat up than X3 version
Titanium
Black Ceramic x3
Ti: 420-460 20-27w; Best: 23 Big clouds, good taste, fast, consistent
Ceramic Donut Ni: 300-380 15-25w; Best 18w Good clouds, great taste
Ceramic Miracle Coil A Wattage Mode Only 11-12w; Best 12w Made for thinner oils
Ceramic Miracle Coil B Wattage Mode Only 11-12w; Best 12w Made for thinner oils
Quartz Bucket Ni: 380-440 25-35w; Best 32 Great clouds, great taste, slow heat up
Ti Bucket Ni: 350-440F 25-35w; Best 32 Great clouds, good taste, slow heat up
Clapton S: 300-400F 15-25w; Best: 20w Good balance of taste and clouds
Crushed Clapton S: 300-400F 15-25w; Best: 20w Big clouds, quick heat up, less waste

arb

Semi shaved ape
The manufacturer says up to 28w for the Ti bucket (don't know what a skillet is)as I have now found, does the TAF specs read the same as the OG?

I just went off this chart that was recommended to me a while back when I first started with the Sai,
The info on the website and what is printed on the paper that came with the titanium bucket \skillet differ a bit for some reason,not sure which or what is correct.
🤔

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Got three new coils in the mail today: triple ti black ceramic, miracle B, and AVS molecule. Just for fun experiments.

I use my Sai almost exclusively with the waterpipe adapter hooked by 14" of tubing to my double perc bubbler. I've got a bunch of coils but find the triple ti to be so consistent that it gets 90% of the use. Out of four options for concentrates, very much to my surprise, I like the Sai best.

Because its a three-four hour drive each way down to the adult legal stores in Mass, when I go down, I stock up and get lots of smaller quantities of a lot of different stuff. So I've got nice bits of crumble, sauce, shatter, rosin, wax, crystals. My biggest problem is my lifelong tendency to overdo it, leaving me wheezy at night or the next day. Other than that, what fun to try all these things and all the Sai coils.

BabyFacedFinster

Got three new coils in the mail today: triple ti black ceramic, miracle B, and AVS molecule. Just for fun experiments.

I use my Sai almost exclusively with the waterpipe adapter hooked by 14" of tubing to my double perc bubbler. I've got a bunch of coils but find the triple ti to be so consistent that it gets 90% of the use. Out of four options for concentrates, very much to my surprise, I like the Sai best.

Because its a three-four hour drive each way down to the adult legal stores in Mass, when I go down, I stock up and get lots of smaller quantities of a lot of different stuff. So I've got nice bits of crumble, sauce, shatter, rosin, wax, crystals. My biggest problem is my lifelong tendency to overdo it, leaving me wheezy at night or the next day. Other than that, what fun to try all these things and all the Sai coils.

That does sound like fun, new 'trates and coils too.

I only have the Ti bucket but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'll keep my watts at 28 also and maybe play around with the temp's. Right now it's on 380F but it seems a little too tame.

Also, after each time I swab it out the bucket gets a bit loose and I have to twist the atty to make it snug. I didn't want to bear down on it too much?

The info on the website and what is printed on the paper that came with the titanium bucket \skillet differ a bit for some reason,not sure which or what is correct.

I pulled out the sheet that came with the new Sai. For the Ti bucket on a TAF it lists 20-25W and 350-400F. I don't know if there's a difference, but mine is a SZ Crossing and not a HVT.

arb

Semi shaved ape
That does sound like fun, new 'trates and coils too.

I only have the Ti bucket but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'll keep my watts at 28 also and maybe play around with the temp's. Right now it's on 380F but it seems a little too tame.

Also, after each time I swab it out the bucket gets a bit loose and I have to twist the atty to make it snug. I didn't want to bear down on it too much?

I pulled out the sheet that came with the new Sai. For the Ti bucket on a TAF it lists 20-25W and 350-400F. I don't know if there's a difference, but mine is a SZ Crossing and not a HVT.
No difference other than cs,Humboltvapetech does outstanding cs and fully stand behind their shizz.
The Sequoia\sai plus is the same build just roughly twice as large.
I prefer that unit over the sai for my usage and I like it through the Poseidon bubbler.
25MM base so it needs two heatsinks to be used on the pico75 watt mod.
I use it on either a voopoo drag or geekvape aegis x mod.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've got both the ti bucket and the quartz bucket. But I prefer the triple ti: Push button, drink milky rich vapor. Simple and reliable. That's just me:doh:.

PS: Since I've had my Sai for about a year now, I've cleaned several different coils several times each. I find soaking in ISO works surprisingly well and gets the molded ceramic "bowls" almost new looking. Of course unscrew the ti and quartz bowls before soaking.

BabyFacedFinster

I'm really enjoying the Sai. The Ti bucket heats up quick and the rosin residue cleans up easily. Good flavor too.

I also bought the Ti bucket replacement for the DT V4 but it is wobbly and no matter how tight I make the side screws, the damn bucket flips over and moves around when you try to clean it. The Sai bucket is much sturdier.

Right now I'm having fun putting the Longmata Motar glass top on the Sai and watching the vapor flow.

BabyFacedFinster

I'm trying every day to like this thing. I want to like this thing. I enjoy a lot of good points.

I have a few issues. Some having to do with the Sai. :lol:

I am trying to find that sweet spot where I can hit my 'trates and not need glass. IMHO glass just makes the setup so clumsy. I want to keep it to just the mod and the sai for ease of use. Similar to my vapcaps, I prefer my usage au' naturale.

I've tried a Ni range from 20 to 35w and from 350F to 390F. Most of the time the hits are just so hot going down. To the point that it's just not enjoyable. I seriously get a much more comfortable hit from my plain old terp pen. The TP doesn't burn going down and very little coughing.

I was wondering if I'm reacting to the the Ti bucket. I just ordered the SS clapton coil from PIU to give that a try. In the meanwhile I also ordered two more Terp Pen tips while they're available. They're my go-to until something bumps the TP out.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I'm trying every day to like this thing. I want to like this thing. I enjoy a lot of good points.

I have a few issues. Some having to do with the Sai. :lol:

I am trying to find that sweet spot where I can hit my 'trates and not need glass. IMHO glass just makes the setup so clumsy. I want to keep it to just the mod and the sai for ease of use. Similar to my vapcaps, I prefer my usage au' naturale.

I've tried a Ni range from 20 to 35w and from 350F to 390F. Most of the time the hits are just so hot going down. To the point that it's just not enjoyable. I seriously get a much more comfortable hit from my plain old terp pen. The TP doesn't burn going down and very little coughing.

I was wondering if I'm reacting to the the Ti bucket. I just ordered the SS clapton coil from PIU to give that a try. In the meanwhile I also ordered two more Terp Pen tips while they're available. They're my go-to until something bumps the TP out.
I use a 4" piece of clear whip tubing stuck into the mouthpiece and a glass tip for lip feel.
Seeing the vapor flow is the best way for me to gauge how hard to feather the button.

hinglemccringleberry

I'm about to pick up the EZ Sai kit. It's going to be used exclusively for CBD dabs and it's also my first wax pen.
My only goal is flavor chasing. Which coil is best for this? I'm thinking the Ti/quartz?

BabyFacedFinster

I'm about to pick up the EZ Sai kit. It's going to be used exclusively for CBD dabs and it's also my first wax pen.
My only goal is flavor chasing. Which coil is best for this? I'm thinking the Ti/quartz?

I only recently bought one myself. As you go through the thread, I found most of the posts were about the Ti and quartz buckets. The Ti bucket does have good flavor, but for some reason the Ti makes me cough a lot. Very easy to clean.

I then picked up a crushed clapton coil which has been a lot of fun and the terps do come through well. Some people love the donut coils too, but mostly it's been all about the buckets.

SLYTHERIN SMOKER

Hey guys, I google/reddit searched and read the HVT sai coil chart link/Planet of the Vapes recommended temps and wattage for every Sai coil👍
I have also read all 34 pages of this thread before I posted for help.

I purchased a Sai Titanium from HVT for $19.99
and a 4 pack of 4mm coils for $24.99
2 of them being SS and can be run on TC mode.

Instead of spending the same amount for the TAF and 1 titanium bucket/skillet and coil.
A single coil that by several accounts could fail quickly.
The Titanium donut bucket coil was supposed to be more dependable than the Quartz plate coil. But those were phased out.
I will pick up the TAF Cap for $15 and can order 1 Ti and 1 Quartz bucket and a coil for each for $15 with a coupon I have later. But for now I wanted more coils.

I downloaded the newest Artic Fox firmware from the AF/RP forum site on a RX200S.
I also downloaded the newest Tool app from the site.

I even found Dalteseans links on reddit with his profiles👏

I attempted to download Dalteseans profiles per instructions: extracted the files
opened the tool app
it repeatedly tells me I need to update the NF Tool and thats where I am stuck.

I just gave up on it🙈 and went thru the standard download and extraction of the Artic Fox newest firmware:
Opened the tool app per instructions.
I then click on update from file and opened the bin. file supplied with firmware. I have customized my profiles for watts but need help with Temp Control.

I would love to use Dalteseans Profile settings as I am looking for a good base that helps me with TC/Temp control settings such as linear/curve, preheat M/s time/preheat wattage/power, Pi setting and using higher Ohm with lower wattage that results in consistent temps low ramp up or strain on the coils.
I just want a safe base for the right setup. Just the smaller settings that will only need to be set once.
With the only adjustments being made to wattage and temp based on flavor or cloud desirability.
I can set my Watt mode easy enough start at 15 watts and work up from there till happy, most likely 23 watts 🤓
But on the TC mode the settings are confusing and I just need a safe base to start from.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
SLYTHERIN SMOKER,
Reactions: arb

SLYTHERIN SMOKER

heres a copy of my help request post the NF arctic fox forum. In case anyone can answer my questions.

Hello,
First off Thank you to the developers for this amazing software that makes so many of our stock mods, so much better.
Also thanks in advance to members here.

I have a RX200S running the newest firmware.
I will be using a Saionara on Temp mode with SS Black Ceramic and SS Quartz coils.
I have used wattage mode only atomizers in the past.
Several posts I’ve read say TC/Temp control is a great feature when set up
correctly.
So please help me do so

My first question relates to the
preheat type: Curve/Linear/Relative %
which is best?
Should I click or leave unclicked the smart tab?

Power step?
Preheat power?
Preheat time?
Preheat Delay?
Resistance? I believe I can set and lock this with mod and sai at room temperature, is recommended?

Temp Control,when you click setup tab it shows.
Pi regulator Setup
Range?
P value?
I value?
Coil material: should be TFR 316L not SS 316 in photo?
Temperature Step?
Temperature Dominant?

Power curves???

Materials: Do I need to click on one of these? Is it just manually enter the coil material on the first Profile Tab????
So I’d click on TFR 316 L for a SS coil?

puff cut off: changes timer from 10 second default to custom setting? 15 sec for me.
Shunt correction?
Internal resistance? Should only be set with room temp atomizers and mod box?
Battery model:?
RTC mode: this is for the clock? Does this setting matter if I don’t use clock?
RCOBC: Enable or not?

https://i.imgur.com/qaaxWpf.jpg
BVO????

I know its a lot of questions with many variables. But I just want a safe base Temp profile to start for SS coils: that hopefully only requires wattage, temp, and coil material adjustments for different coils.
Or explain to me how to find the right settings as I swap coils.

I read reddit posts/ google search on Artic Fox and Sai plus Temp settings plus 34 pages of the FUcombustion Sai thread looking for more info.
But I am still dumb
But at least I have Dabs

I tried to download Dalteseans profile off reddit, but the NF tool kept saying the tool needed to be updated. And I gave up and just downloaded the newest AF firmware and the newest NF TOOL software and have been playing with the settings since.

SLYTHERIN SMOKER,
  • Wow
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
heres a copy of my help request post the NF arctic fox forum. In case anyone can answer my questions.

Hello,
First off Thank you to the developers for this amazing software that makes so many of our stock mods, so much better.
Also thanks in advance to members here.

I have a RX200S running the newest firmware.
I will be using a Saionara on Temp mode with SS Black Ceramic and SS Quartz coils.
I have used wattage mode only atomizers in the past.
Several posts I’ve read say TC/Temp control is a great feature when set up
correctly.
So please help me do so

My first question relates to the
preheat type: Curve/Linear/Relative %
which is best?
Should I click or leave unclicked the smart tab?

Power step?
Preheat power?
Preheat time?
Preheat Delay?
Resistance? I believe I can set and lock this with mod and sai at room temperature, is recommended?

Temp Control,when you click setup tab it shows.
Pi regulator Setup
Range?
P value?
I value?
Coil material: should be TFR 316L not SS 316 in photo?
Temperature Step?
Temperature Dominant?

Power curves???

Materials: Do I need to click on one of these? Is it just manually enter the coil material on the first Profile Tab????
So I’d click on TFR 316 L for a SS coil?

puff cut off: changes timer from 10 second default to custom setting? 15 sec for me.
Shunt correction?
Internal resistance? Should only be set with room temp atomizers and mod box?
Battery model:?
RTC mode: this is for the clock? Does this setting matter if I don’t use clock?
RCOBC: Enable or not?

https://i.imgur.com/qaaxWpf.jpg
BVO????

I know its a lot of questions with many variables. But I just want a safe base Temp profile to start for SS coils: that hopefully only requires wattage, temp, and coil material adjustments for different coils.
Or explain to me how to find the right settings as I swap coils.

I read reddit posts/ google search on Artic Fox and Sai plus Temp settings plus 34 pages of the FUcombustion Sai thread looking for more info.
But I am still dumb
But at least I have Dabs

I tried to download Dalteseans profile off reddit, but the NF tool kept saying the tool needed to be updated. And I gave up and just downloaded the newest AF firmware and the newest NF TOOL software and have been playing with the settings since.
The smartest thing to do would be shoot Vic at hvt a email or even better call him at 844- oil-coil he will answer any and all questions.

Top Bottom