Rosin Technique....Easy DIY Solventless

sea dog

When I get some new bud I like to run a test at 190,200,210 and 220 f
I just do 1) 7 gram puck at each temp. After I find the best temp ...
I test it starting a 2 minutes and work towards 1 minute.
I do a 60 second repress to make sure I got it all.
The lower the temp - the longer it takes to get it all out.
Always preheat for 20 seconds and press very slowly.

roboticnightmares

Those carts are using the dirtier rosin, they aren't working great right now to be honest as the texture reverted back to a more sappy consistency. I should have tried a cart with the cleaner rosin I posted above but it all got dabbed lol.

Some are actually using the oven for the initial heat process, I think I might need higher temps to get the consistency I'm looking for. The jars I'm using aren't good as I can't see what's going on. Gonna try and get some bigger jars for the next go.
Did you happen to mention if you are pressing fresher flower or the more aged and cured flower?

roboticnightmares,
Reactions: JCat

roboticnightmares

Wondering if you folks are making any headway in bringing the viscosity of your rosin to the point you can use it in ccell.
I took a couple grams of rosin from cured flowers and transferred to small bottle for the jar tech. Left in on heat 120f, for a couple days. Jar was definitely pressurized, and i observed the bubble rise for first day or so. Eventually the large bubbles ceased, not sure exactly at which point. By day three i opened the jar to some delightfull smells, definitely transformed, not the same as going in. The rosin at room tempeature if incredibly soft, not anywhere thin or runny enough to use in a cart without addig terps.

Do you guys think if i left it on the heat or just pressurized for seveal more days i might get there? Or this material just did not have enough terps preseved through the cure of the flowers? So leaving in the jar for more time would just do a complete decarb, but will that make it runny enough for carts?

Going to have to keep experimenting.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
What micron size bags u r squishin with @invertedisdead ?
Its just a guess but i think higher micron equals higher clearity and should
therefore be easier to get/keep liquid ...?

Anyone ever tried squishing flower with 37 or even 25 micron ?
I guess you gotta add pressure reallly slooooow to not blow the bag but at temps like 220°F it should
work good i guess and yield pretty clear rosin..?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What micron size bags u r squishin with @invertedisdead ?
Its just a guess but i think higher micron equals higher clearity and should
therefore be easier to get/keep liquid ...?

160 for flower, 25u for hash. Got some more bags coming soon to try!

Wondering if you folks are making any headway in bringing the viscosity of your rosin to the point you can use it in ccell.
I took a couple grams of rosin from cured flowers and transferred to small bottle for the jar tech. Left in on heat 120f, for a couple days. Jar was definitely pressurized, and i observed the bubble rise for first day or so. Eventually the large bubbles ceased, not sure exactly at which point. By day three i opened the jar to some delightfull smells, definitely transformed, not the same as going in. The rosin at room tempeature if incredibly soft, not anywhere thin or runny enough to use in a cart without addig terps.

Do you guys think if i left it on the heat or just pressurized for seveal more days i might get there? Or this material just did not have enough terps preseved through the cure of the flowers? So leaving in the jar for more time would just do a complete decarb, but will that make it runny enough for carts?

Going to have to keep experimenting.

I'm gonna try it with some terpy hash rosin soon and see if i can get some crystal formations. I don't think we are getting near hot enough, he's using an oven at 220F I believe he says for 30-60 minutes, then onto low heat for X amount of time.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I have the polar shifter plate from dnail, works in both directions (hot/cold)...would jar-tech and let it sit on it for (i dunno 24h...2 weeks) make sense or be worth a try?

Would love to see some crystal formation aswell :)

Last edited:

Grifo

Grifo,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Or just a digital temp controller with a 110/220v IR floor heating mat. The cheapest way also nice to warm the roots of your plants in cool nights indoors ;)

roboticnightmares

I donated the heat pad for my back to the cause. You know, for science:tup:. Lowest setting has the jar around 120. It was relatively inexpensive at the pharmacy.

roboticnightmares,
Reactions: miguelovic

miguelovic

Or just a digital temp controller with a 110/220v IR floor heating mat. The cheapest way also nice to warm the roots of your plants in cool nights indoors ;)

Seems a lot of people are using seedling mats after the high heat exposure.

miguelovic,

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
So, yesterday i did a new Squish...only 5 days after harvest but i ran out of rosin and wanted to test anyway lol
I didnt want to post the vid at first cuz there is some fail inside lol...but look for ur own, small hint u can hear me breathing fuuuuccckk..lol :D :D :D

Strain is Zsweet Inzanity from Ethos Genetics, 10 in, 2 out (it were rly that straight numbers lool)

The parchment folding was also a big mistake, because its pretty akward getting the pucks outside without touching the rosin
while unfolding the parch..lol...but u never stop learning :D :D

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Yep, its the 10to SS Dabpress and there is plenty of power left :)
I alrdy have my 1,6" ID pre-press rdy and fitting bags for bottletek alrdy arrived too so in theory i have my 20g set rdy but
i wanna let the herb sit a bit longer before pressing again..my biggest fear is that i have so much flow to the sides that it dripes of if i press too much at once :D :D

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I want to try to angle my press a bit next time by raising it a bit on the backside,
just so much to get it slightly angled fwd..i think @invertedisdead alrdy did with his press and was positiv about it :)

I think it is enuf if u get the rosin flowing forward away from the hot plates, no need for dripping IMO
since it just adds more mass/parts that can get damaged and probl. raises the price more than it benefits.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I was less speaking about drip tech in general than more about the time of squishing (with drip tech).

Which more parts/mass? Just some extensions to hold it at 90°. I don't think these parts raise the mass/weight a lot.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I didnt want to post the vid at first cuz there is some fail inside lol...but look for ur own, small hint u can hear me breathing fuuuuccckk..lol :D :D :D

Lol man I'm glad I don't have a video from last weeks press. I did this really dumb parchment fold where I put the folded edge of the parchment on the bottom instead of the open end, thinking all the rosin would just collect at the crease... decent idea until it filled up so much it started dripping out the sides :lol: I tried to use my hands to catch some of it just so it wouldn't drip on the floor! :doh: :lol:

I want to try to angle my press a bit next time by raising it a bit on the backside,
just so much to get it slightly angled fwd..i think @invertedisdead alrdy did with his press and was positiv about it :)

Yep I'm using the BJ6T35, once I see flow I just grab the carry handle and tilt the press forward about 45 degrees. I'll let it drip for a bit, then set it back down and give it a few more pumps, and just repeat until the squish is done.

I'm about to put together a rosin press, but would like some input.

First, please consider the design: dake B 10 with 3x3 cageless. Do they make caged plates for 3x3? Would they be useful? Does any company make x < 4 inch diameter round plates?

Second, please educate me on plate manufacturers. So far, I only know about LowTemp plates for 3x3. I know dabpress makes a 3x3, but how can the make it for $300 less than everyone else? Is it less hard components? Are other companies like lowtemp just jacking up their prices? Are there any other companies that have been in business for a few years that I should look at?

Is there an out of the box pneumatic or hydraulic press for less than $1000. I'm near Fort Collins. Does anyone have experience with Bee Nails rosin presses?

Is there an option that I'm completely missing.

The following is the largest list of dab press makers, but it was posted in 2017.

http://dablione.com/the-most-comprensive-list-of-rosin-press-machine-and-plate-manufacturers/

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Top Bottom