• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

RIP'S.....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Wilford Brimley, ‘The Natural’ and ‘Cocoon’ Star, Dies at 85
Wilford Brimley, best known for his roles in “The Natural,” the 1982 remake of “The Thing,” “The Firm” and “Cocoon,” died on Saturday. He was 85.

His agent, Lynda Bensky, told The New York Times that he had been sick with a kidney problem for two months.

Brimley used to joke about always playing "old". He once told an interviewer, “I never get the girl. And I never get to take my shirt off. I started by playing fathers to guys who were 25 years older than I was.”

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Trini Lopez, singer and Dirty Dozen actor, dies with coronavirus at 83

Mexican-American singer Trini Lopez, who had a hit in 1963 with his version of If I Had A Hammer and played one of The Dirty Dozen, has died at 83.

Lopez, an accomplished guitarist, was mentored by Buddy Holly and Frank Sinatra and designed two instruments for the Gibson Guitar Corporation.

In 1966, Lopez was cast in The Dirty Dozen, a film about rogue soldiers being sent on a suicide mission during World War Two. But he clashed with director Robert Aldrich and was written out of the film. His character, Pedro Jiminez, dies off-screen after a parachute jump.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Betty White was officially confirmed deceased today after her family made the shocking announcement to reporters. After years and years of death hoaxes about the iconic actress, Betty White has finally succumbed to the age old reports. Her family said she “went peacefully surrounded by family” and “lived a rich and full life with no regrets.”

Her family also shared Betty’s last words with reporters. “She looked around the bed and with her last breath said ‘I may be dying, but so what? I’m still hot.’ Then closed her eyes and drifted away. Even in her last moments she was full of laughter.”
170116163733-betty-white-daytime-emmy-lifetime-achievement-award-full-169-650x276.jpg

GetLeft

Pulling out the driveway this a.m. and see something down the road. I knew what it was. I’d seen it before. Made the sad walk down to verify and yes indeed. We lost our cat. Run over by a car. My wife saved him 6 or 7 months ago, all scrawny and ill, abandoned and seeking haven by a Cracker Barrell. Nursed him back to health and he’s been a good partner the whole time. He hung out with me evenings as I went out to do my odds and ends. We can’t have cats in the house because all except my wife are allergic. All our cats have been rescues. This is the 6th cat I’ve burried over the 23 odd yrs. I’ve known my wife. Sitting here by where I burried him, sipping on a beer, keeping him company. It gets harder each time. RIP Grey Cat.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Betty White was officially confirmed deceased today after her family made the shocking announcement to reporters. After years and years of death hoaxes about the iconic actress, Betty White has finally succumbed to the age old reports. Her family said she “went peacefully surrounded by family” and “lived a rich and full life with no regrets.”

Her family also shared Betty’s last words with reporters. “She looked around the bed and with her last breath said ‘I may be dying, but so what? I’m still hot.’ Then closed her eyes and drifted away. Even in her last moments she was full of laughter.”
Its looks like I was taken own by false news.... maybe!
More later...

Djsleepy

^^And you took me! And then I told a friend! :doh: :lol: Yesterday, I had the thought, & inclination, to google it & realized it was another BW death rumor ...

... which I'm very glad of. BW is such an American cultural icon that I want her sticking around for as long as possible. When she does go for real ;), it will truly be an ending to a generation ... &, yet, she's one of the rare human beings who have made an indelible impression to have crossed multiple generations & be so beloved. That's sure one hell-of-a life's legacy. She came & went with style & integrity. I go as far back as being a young kid watching her on Password with her husband hosting. I loved that game show.
Summer you are closer to my age than I thought....I too remember Password!

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Vitolo, and you took me! And then I told a friend! :doh: :lol: Yesterday, I had the thought, & inclination, to google it & realized it was another BW death rumor ...

... which I'm very glad of. BW is such an American cultural icon that I want her sticking around for as long as possible. When she does go for real ;), it will truly be an ending to a generation ... &, yet, she's one of the rare human beings who have made an indelible impression to have crossed multiple generations & be so beloved. That's sure one hell-of-a life's legacy. She came & went with style & integrity. I go as far back as being a young kid watching her on Password with her husband hosting. I loved that game show.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
The Nation Mourns.. the entire world does-
Sad to have lost that wonderful mind.
A loss to humanity, doubtless.
Ruth deserves her rest.
I would not suffer so noble a woman to start functioning at lesser capacity.
I would not want her to become senile, and be lost in a prison of muddled memories.
I am grateful that God took her while all of her mind and soul was functioning. That is how she will be remembered... strong.
If our souls carry with them memories of our lives, RBG will be proud in Heaven and a symbol to all of us forever.

mephisto

Shit man, just saw the announcement. I never thought that I would outlive my heros and my prophets. RIP EVH. We still have the "brown" sound to keep you around.

mephisto,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom