RIP'S.....

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
😞
Screenshot-20240629-095854-X.jpg

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I thought she was in her 90’s back when she was at her height of fame.
Now I realize she was basically the same age I am now.
So the moral of this story is that some teenagers/young adults think I am in my 90’s

Oh, and not to be disrespectful, she lived a long and fulfilling life, good for her, may she RIP.

florduh

I thought she was in her 90’s back when she was at her height of fame.
Now I realize she was basically the same age I am now.
So the moral of this story is that some teenagers/young adults think I am in my 90’s

Oh, and not to be disrespectful, she lived a long and fulfilling life, good for her, may she RIP.

I'm 39 and vividly remember her making me feel very uncomfortable when I was a little kid, because it was a grandma talking about sex. I assumed she was in her 80's back in the 90's :shrug:

florduh,
Reactions: Jill NYC

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I saw her as a sort of hero. She helped to improve the lives of a lot of people who had issues they were uncomfortable addressing, and she made them addressable for them. I personally knows at least three or four people who took her advice and had a better life (and better relationships) because of it. She will be missed.

cybrguy,
  • Love

Knewt

Awww... We lost Bob Newhart...
In college we would watch reruns of the Bob Newhart show and when someone on the show said “hi Bob”, everyone took a hit. It was also an hilarious show. RIP Bob.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While I would like to celebrate this in public, I will instead celebrate it quietly at home. I'm certain he would never show me that respect, but I am not he...
In college we would watch reruns of the Bob Newhart show and when someone on the show said “hi Bob”, everyone took a hit. It was also an hilarious show. RIP Bob.
Funny, we watched Bob Newhart in the dorm also, but it wasn't reruns. It was first runs.

Last edited:
cybrguy,

coolbreeze

Haha! What the hell, we used to play 'Hi, Bob' too! I totally forgot! Lol.

Brings me no joy to have to say "Bye, Bob!" : (

While I would like to celebrate this in public, I will instead celebrate it quietly at home. I'm certain he would never show me that respect, but I am not he...
I'm sure I'm misremembering, but didn't he used to play a lefty-populist on msnbc before he popped up on fox? I was am so confused.
Funny, we watched Bob Newhart in the dorm also, but it wasn't reruns. It was first runs.
I watched it first run, too, from middle-school on, I guess. It may still have been first run for our teenage rounds of "hi bob"!

Last edited:

florduh

Top Bottom