RIP'S.....

CrazyDiamond

Spirit of the Dark Horse

florduh

RIP King 👑

image.png

Mndeadhead

Some just hit differently. My dad was a truck driver. We weren’t very close as a kid, but I spent 2 summers on the road with him in college. I can’t count the miles dad and I racked up over those 2 summers listening to every Buffett cassette in chronological order, singing at the top of our lungs. He’s been on all day. Sat out in the garage with a cup of coffee and smiled and cried thinking about those times. Thanks Jimmy for the memories

florduh

Some just hit differently. My dad was a truck driver. We weren’t very close as a kid, but I spent 2 summers on the road with him in college. I can’t count the miles dad and I racked up over those 2 summers listening to every Buffett cassette in chronological order, singing at the top of our lungs. He’s been on all day. Sat out in the garage with a cup of coffee and smiled and cried thinking about those times. Thanks Jimmy for the memories

Agreed. My dad got me into Jimmy's music when I was a kid in the 90's. I've been listening ever since. Immaculate vibes. I generally don't really care about celebrities, but this one's hitting me pretty hard.

Also, as a native born Floridian, Jimmy's music hearkens back to an Old Florida that doesn't exist any more. We shall never see his like again.

xxx-19.jpg

Where it all ends I can't fathom my friends
If I knew I might toss out my anchor
So I cruise along always searchin' for songs
Not a lawyer a thief or a banker
But a son of a son, son of a son
Son of a son of a sailor
Son of a gun, load the last ton
One step ahead of the jailer....

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Agreed. My dad got me into Jimmy's music when I was a kid in the 90's. I've been listening ever since. Immaculate vibes. I generally don't really care about celebrities, but this one's hitting me pretty hard.

Also, as a native born Floridian, Jimmy's music hearkens back to an Old Florida that doesn't exist any more. We shall never see his like again.

xxx-19.jpg
Wanted to share this with you as the picture reflects that old Florida feel big time ... rest in peace Jimmy ... "Son of a Son of a Sailor" will be the first song played on the beach tomorrow in his memory 🌹🏖

Post in thread 'The Picture Thread' https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-picture-thread.75/post-1744537

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
In music history, on this date in 2017, Walter Becker, guitarist and bassist for Steely Dan passed away at 67 from cancer. He co-founded the band with Donald Fagen in 1971 while they were students at Bard College.

Last edited:

florduh

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Red Sox star pitcher Tim Wakefield passed away today from his battle with brain cancer.

RIP. Thank you for letting me see a Red Sox championship in my lifetime….and your wicked knuckleball K’ing people left and right.
Deepest condolences Madhater from this lifelong Yankee fan ...
rest in peace Tim🌹 ⚾ #49

Last edited:
Top Bottom