RIP'S.....

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Friday morning stunner ... rest in peace Meat

20220121-055234.jpg

ugotmale

Friday morning stunner ... rest in peace Meat

20220121-055234.jpg

Describing his meeting with Mr. Steinman to the British music magazine Mojo in 2017, Meat Loaf said he auditioned with a song called “(I’d Love to Be as) Heavy as Jesus.” Mr. Steinman, impressed, told him, “By the way, you’re as heavy as two Jesuses.”

“It was my kind of humor,” Meat Loaf recalled.

Later, Mr. Steinman was trying to write a post-apocalyptic musical based on “Peter Pan,” but, unable to secure the rights for the tale, he turned the work into “Bat Out of Hell,” bringing in Meat Loaf to give the songs the style and energy that made them hits.

The album, elaborately produced by Todd Rundgren, mingled hard-rock power chords, 1950s-style bubble gum and flashes of disco beats in songs that unfolded in multipart suites; the title track stretches nearly 10 minutes. In some ways the album resembled rock-style Broadway musicals like “Hair,” in which Meat Loaf had performed early in his career.

Its roster of backup musicians was stellar, including players from Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band like the drummer Max Weinberg and the keyboardist Roy Bittan. Members of the New York Philharmonic and the Philadelphia Orchestra contributed; the eight-and-a-half-minute “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” even includes the Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto giving a baseball play-by-play that doubled as the description of a seduction.

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
The election reform movement lost a leading light with the passing of US voting rights champion Lani Guinier, who taught and inspired a generation of activists.
Rest In Power, Lani!

She was nominated to asst. AG by Bill Clinton, which was withdrawn due to baseless accusations. Democrats’ lack of courage is coming back to haunt them as they scramble to enact reforms she proposed decades ago.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

NYC_Frank

TeaCup

R.I.P Mark

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? Mark fucking Lanegan died!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did not friggin' hear this. Jesus. Bummed.

I have a screen name on a computer forum named Heavy Early. It's pretty damn close to impossible to know what it's from.......but the good Doctor in just one episode called himself that over the airways. Thanks, also did not know the Dr. passed on.

NYC_Frank

Top Bottom