RIP'S.....

Buzzbomb Almighty

Also Captain Sir Tom Moore of England, famous now for raising millions of pounds by doing laps of his garden with a walker, dead at 100. He'd recently tested positive for covid then when he contracted pneumonia he didn't last long. Survived the Burma Campaign with the Empire of Japan actively trying to kill him, then suddenly became famous and gained a knighthood for pushing a walker back and forth in his last year of life. Not many people realise just how hard it is to push a walker when you have balls the size of cars.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Chick Corea, jazz great with 23 Grammy Awards, dies at 79

Chick Corea, a towering jazz pianist with a staggering 23 Grammy Awards who pushed the boundaries of the genre and worked alongside Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock, has died. He was 79.

Corea died Tuesday of a rare form of cancer, his team posted on his website. His death was confirmed by Corea’s web and marketing manager, Dan Muse.

Vitolo

Vaporist
RIP Bunny Wailer, Co-Founder of Bob Marley and the Wailers.
He passed this morning....

BestBuds

The Dude
RIP Bunny Wailer, Co-Founder of Bob Marley and the Wailers.
He passed this morning....
I'm glad I've been able to see him a few times. Lots of legends lost recently. :(

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
RIP Walter Gretzky, the Great One's father, hockey's dad, October 8, 1938 – March 4, 2021.

Wayne gives his dad most of the credit for his success...Wayne said, "Some say I have a 'sixth sense' . . . Baloney, I've just learned to guess what's going to happen next. It's anticipation. It's not God-given, it's Wally-given. He used to stand on the blue line and say to me, 'Watch, this is how everybody else does it.' Then he'd shoot a puck along the boards and into the corner and then go chasing after it. Then he'd come back and say, 'Now, this is how the smart player does it.' He'd shoot it into the corner again, only this time he cut across to the other side and picked it up over there. Who says anticipation can't be taught?"

Walter was appointed as a Member of the Order of Ontario in 2002.

He was named a Member of the Order of Canada on December 28, 2007, "for his contributions to minor hockey in Canada and for his dedication to helping a myriad of local, provincial, and national charities."

On February 12, 2010, he carried the Olympic Torch during the Olympic Relay on the last day of the relay, hours before the opening ceremonies in Vancouver, British Columbia, where Wayne later lit the Olympic Flame.

XIhUelr.jpg

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
He was Kananga in Live and Let Die (1973) and Alonzo Mosley in Midnight Run (1988), and could have been Captain Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation, but Yaphet Kotto will be remembered here as Parker, the great chief engineer of the USCSS Nostromo (Alien, 1979). RIP.
EwlUGkdWgAYS7O2

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Duke of Edinburgh, Queen's husband for 73 years, dies aged 99

The news of Prince Philip’s death was announced by Buckingham Palace on Friday. It came after he was admitted to King Edward VII’s hospital in London on 16 February. He was moved to St Bartholomew’s hospital in the City of London where he underwent the heart procedure on 3 March and was discharged nearly two weeks later.

=============================================================================================================

Isamu Akasaki, LED innovator who shared Nobel Prize in physics, dies at 92

Isamu Akasaki, a Japanese scientist who shared a Nobel Prize in physics for the invention of blue light-emitting diodes, or LEDs, a long-lasting, energy-efficient technology that was hailed for its potential to improve the light by which hundreds of millions of people live, study and work, died April 1 at a hospital in Nagoya, Japan. He was 92.

Last edited:

Tranquility

RIP to a real one. He was a real philosopher. Here's one of my favorite gems: "I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing."

His wife was the Queen Mum.
If you look at some of the news on him, he dubbed such sayings as "Dontopedalogy" or the science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it.

(He was married to the Queen Mum too? Boy, once you get rid of the Catholic Church, you can do most anything when royalty. ;) )

florduh

(He was married to the Queen Mum too? Boy, once you get rid of the Catholic Church, you can do most anything when royalty. ;) )

My mistake, I can't keep these fucking people straight. He was married to Queen Elizabeth II. Which is weird because I can think of at least two other Queen Elizabeth's off the top of my head.

I also would like to see the Daily Mail's reaction if literally any other prominent person called the Queen a prostitute.

Tranquility

My mistake, I can't keep these fucking people straight. He was married to Queen Elizabeth II. Which is weird because I can think of at least two other Queen Elizabeth's off the top of my head.

I also would like to see the Daily Mail's reaction if literally any other prominent person called the Queen a prostitute.
"I don't think doing it [killing animals] for money makes it any more moral. I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing."
comparing participation in blood sports to selling slaughtered meat
speech in London, 6 December 1988
------------

Does that mean the grocer is participating in a blood sport?

But..."When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife." certainly makes him a scholar for our times. My wife is astonished he forgot to drink the virgin's blood this week and died. She thinks that just shows he's been dead a long time and they've just been propping him up. So sayeth "Q".

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
DMX, gravel-voiced hip-hop star who topped charts in late ‘90s, dies at 50

DMX, the raspy, growling New York rapper who rose to fame with his 1998 blockbuster debut, “It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot,” and became a chart and tabloid mainstay for years after, has died at age 50. He was hospitalized on April 2 after suffering a heart attack following a reported drug overdose, and had been in a vegetative state, according to his manager.

Top Bottom