RIP'S.....

Green Kiwi

R.i.p. to my girl!ZOE.
i did euthanise my dog this monday,
it fucking hurts a lot!
thank fuck the vet came here at home with 2 crying nurses,whom had looked after my girl a few time's.
I asked if i please could do it myself; which was allowed, the vet explained me what and how to do.
he aspected her to go at the last 2 centimetres of the serine ,but only one centimetre in and i could see here going.......Rest in peace my little Zoe. god did i love this girl.
15 years and 10,5 months with me on average for 21 hours a day.
She has given everything in her, and just didn't want to go..... our other girl was very sad for 4 day's, but thank god, she starts being happy again.
She is now in our garden in a box a build myself from long lasting native wood.
i'm now gonna sow seeds of the plants we both liked soo much.
Sorry, just had to share.
Ka kite.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
FC lost a dear member today.:( RIP @PhotoRider
13939.jpg

I made a thread to especially memorialize FC members. I hope it remains a short thread.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/fc-in-memoriam.21371/

:rip:

Last edited:

lwien

Had to post this up. It was thoughts about Princes passing, by of all people, Dan Rather, but this one sentence really stood out.......

"I have always marveled at those who can speak with the voice of music. It is a language so foreign to me that its fluency seems unworldly."

Amen to that, Mr. Rather. Amen to that......

lwien

My jaw STILL drops when I see old films of him fighting. The guy was a fucking master. That along with his over the top personality and charisma and watcha got is an icon.

I remember seeing him fight as Cassius Clay.

"You set the bar pretty damn high. Time for a rest......:wave:"

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Religion and race didn't matter we just saw the person. I wonder what Ali's statement about the presidential election would have been? Really a great man who will be missed. A true icon.

Muhammad Ali, born Cassius Clay, was one of the best boxers to ever enter the ring. Here's a look back at this extraordinary fighter's life in photos
muhammad-ali-cassius-clay.jpg

muhammad-ali-05.jpg

muhammad-ali-06.jpg

muhammad-ali-03.jpg

muhammad-ali-07.jpg

Steve Schapiro—Corbis
Clay, soon to be known as Muhammad Ali, bicycles near his parents' house in Louisville, Ky., circa 1963.

Kentucky Wildcats Quickies: Muhammad Ali Edition

READ NEXT
Behind TIME’s New Muhammad Ali Cover

TRENDING NOW

Last edited:

poonman

I had to meet my dad for brunch , fittingly it was my dad who introduced
me to the art of boxing . I remember waking up in the early hours , to listen to
the ' Thrilla in Manila ' live on transistor radio with my dad . It was his idea .
Saw the replay later , on ABC's Wide World of Sports . Fell in love with it , and
was a big boxing fan from then on .

Thrilla in Manila .... early infancy of Ebonics ?

He also transcended outside the sporting world .
Ali showed me tolerance and acceptance of other ethnicity .
Being a visible minority and newly immigrant to Canada myself in the late
60's . Acceptance was harder to garner back then . It was His statement
' No Vietcong ever called me a N*GG*R and they're Not my Oppressors '
really clicked with me . So I refocused and diverted my energy to more
positive , rather than the negative prejudice in People .

From that I learn , Not All Canadians hated me , just the racist ones .
Thru my entire life , I've had friends from everywhere in the world .
And I would not have changed that for anything .

His boisterous braggart trash talking poetic style may have rubbed some
the wrong way , but it taught me to be vocal and always stand up for yourself and your rights . Adding a little humor can assist with your point of view , and for people to remember it also . It's probably one of the reasons
that I got elected to be the dept. Employee rep . for several companies
that I've worked for .

Still one of my Fondest memories of All the Olympics .
When he was a surprised guest for the lighting of the Torch
in L.A . That was Great for everyone to see !

EDIT ;
They say the funeral will be streamed Live .

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I hope Smokin Joe is putting another whippin on him for what he did to him & his family in the afterlife. The disrespect, pain & outright violence he encouraged the black community to treat the Fraziers with is not greatness. Why did Joe Frazier dislike Ali til the day he died? When someone tries to get you & your family killed you tend to remember shit like that forever.

Things like that get swept under the carpet & everyone wants to remember the flashy braggart not the mean spirited viper spitting hatred & venom. Ali was financed by a group of white plantation owners so he could train full time. Frazier worked 3 jobs & trained for the Olympics by (being America's first heavyweight gold medallist) himself yet somehow Frazier is the Uncle Tom. Ali used Angelo Dundee a white man as his trainer yet Frazer used Yank Durham a fellow African American.

Ali is a top 10 all time great boxer & easy top 3 heavyweight all time (Louis, Ali, Holmes) & his post retirement achievements are the stuff legends are made of but I still see the pain on Joe's face when he described having to evacuate his family yet again as various black militant groups were intent on getting the "white devils champion".

That is the payment Joe received for extending the hand of friendship & lending Ali money during his exile. This stuff happened 45 years ago so no one will bring it up but a boxing historian knows the score. They also know how great Ali was & how he transcended sport.

When talking truly memorable heavyweights from the last 100 years there have been many champions but few legendary names forever remembered for one reason or another with a bunch of champions in between. Every one of these heavyweights transcended boxing & paved the way for the next man in line.

Jack Johnson > Jack Dempsey > Joe Louis > Rocky Marciano > Muhammed Ali > Mike Tyson

RIP Ali you did some great things in your life but also some not so stellar things.

Last edited:

lwien

Ali used Angelo Dundee a white man as his trainer yet Frazer used Yank Durham a fellow African American.

And what does that prove? What does race have to do with it? The question that follows should be, who was the better all-around trainer and which trainer was the best fit for each of the boxers as far as their personality fit as well as the boxing style fit. Maybe each of those trainers was the best pick for each of those boxers.

I know you made that statement as a negative one but personally, I don't see it that way.

Ali you did some great things in your life but also some not so stellar things.

As do most of us, eh? It's part of being human, no?

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
It proves nothing @lwien although i would say Dundee was a better trainer than Yank. Just an observation that Ali whilst slating Frazier as the white devil champion he was backed by plantation money & had a white trainer.

A good example of the hypocritical nature of most racism & it cuts both ways. Ali would not be the man he became without the guidance & support of Dundee.

Anyway i only posted as i assumed wrongly that there would be many posts highlighting the positive things Ali accomplished in life & wanted to provide some balance to the discussion.

Stevenski,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom