• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I tried getting a bunch of crumbs and pouring them in my rio banger. Then I figured I check some bottles to see if I can scrape the last bits. So I took my glass shovel dab tool and scraped. I figured I would take the dab differently like you to on a regular rig. So I heated it up a bit and they crumbs instantly vaporized, so I took a few hits. Then I held the shovel on the banger and turned it on. Figured I'd move the dab tool around a bit so it doesn't burn in one place. Well as soon as I went to move the shovel the banger came with it and somehow the side of my thumb of the opposite side got burned. It's not bad at all but I just remember pulling my hand away real quick. I ended up burning the rest of the dab in the commotion. I took enough hits to get a good buzz though!
All to the Benny Hill Show music!

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
I need to order a replacement banger tomorrow and was thinking of getting one core and one round bottom so I’ll have a backup

Do any of you guys recommend the round bottom banger?

Ratatat,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I've been hoping 710 would start carrying round bottoms, but I am going to buckle and order one from Stache soon.
I remember somewhere in the 710 thread Shane laid out why he isn't carrying round bottoms, I think it had something to do with coil fitment.

710yota,

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Ok so Stache charges 72USD to ship to Canada so that’s like 120USD just for a China glass banger. I’m trying to think of another company that rips off its customers like this

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I remember seeing those shipping charge for Canada and it made me turn around and buy the RIO at Puff it up. They really need to take a look at those shipping charge because they're gonna lose a lot of sale. I really want to get some bangers and maybe some other stuff on their site but not if the shipping is twice the price of the item I'm getting. I get that some times it's a problem with the website that can't correctly calculate the shipping but the end result is that they just lost a sale, I'm not gonna waste my time to contact them to see if they can lower the cost each time I want to do a purchase. It's too bad because they are offering more and more option for customizing the RIO and those items are less expensive than the shipping. Unless they can find a retailer to sell their stuff in Canada I don't think I'll do a lot of business with them if the shipping is that expensive. :rant:

The Chemist,
Reactions: LesPlenty

MonkeyTime

I need to order a replacement banger tomorrow and was thinking of getting one core and one round bottom so I’ll have a backup

Do any of you guys recommend the round bottom banger?

I've been hoping 710 would start carrying round bottoms, but I am going to buckle and order one from Stache soon.

You guys may want to ask about the carb cap situation and if it's been corrected before jumping. I haven't seen anything on here updating it, but I haven't heard any new complaints either...

When I bought my round bottom direct from them, it showed up and looked great but the standard carb cap didn't fit. It was close and I could have sanded the cap down and it might have worked, but, I emailed and they said it was an issue with the first batch and that they'd have new caps in a month that would work, just email when I see them on the site and they'd ship me one. Never saw them on the site and a couple of inquisitive emails only got the standard, should be soon, watch the site answer.

In the mean time I had order a couple others from various sites including a smoked blue that looks great with the blue unit!

I like the round bottom, but I only use it when I'm soaking my core banger. It's better with smaller loads and I have a couple of pearls that help extend what works well size wise, but I wasn't overwhelmed.

Please keep in mind I don't dab daily so my skills may not be up to others.

It's also possible that this situation is corrected, but I thought it fair to mention.

I do love my Rio and just recently saw that it stands for Rig In One. Can't believe I never saw/heard that before this :doh:

SatanLovestoVape

I decided to try one of each banger looking forward to trying them out with some new concentrates. I really need to handle glass better when I’m high.
It seems indecisiveness got the best of you. However, trying every banger sounds amazing. I only tested the core banger and flat round bottom, which is difficult to put concentrates in. I should have purchased the standard flat bottom.

The Rio is great for flavor. I have upgraded my Rio to a flat round bottom, and sandblasted glass. I didn't enjoy the directional cap, so a cheap spinner cap from Dhgate will do. My friends are always impressed when using it. They feel honored. :lol:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
What is a flat round bottom? Kinda like a double-negative? And what made it difficult to get concentrates in?

Ive got a number of carb caps designed for flat and beveled bangers. I'm sure I'll have something that works for a round bottom.

FlyingLow,

SatanLovestoVape

What is a flat round bottom? Kinda like a double-negative? And what made it difficult to get concentrates in?
Good catch. Apparently, flat round bottoms don't exist :o. The round bottom has no sides, which can be challenging to put concentrates in the banger. I can easily put a dab on the corner with the flat bottom banger.

Last edited:
SatanLovestoVape,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Good catch. Apparently, flat round bottoms don't exist :o. The round bottom has no sides, which can be challenging to put concentrates in the banger. I can easily put a dab on the corner with the flat bottom banger.

They actually do exist, I continually get advertisements from Bear Quartz on Instagram plugging theirs. It’s flat on the bottom of the nail, but a round bottom, internally.

Putricio

I like the round bottom banger. I thinks it’s easier to swab clean, heats up quicker than the core banger and handles small loads well. I did end up purchasing a $10 bubble cap from my local shop to use with it.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Got my replacement bangers yesterday and nice to get my rio back in action and used some rosin/shatters/crumble that id been using on a peak for the last 2 weeks. The taste difference is really impressive - the quartz banger has a much cleaner 'bigger taste' and combines the visual of being able to see the melt and boil while you directly control the heat.

How do you guys add a second hit to a banger and not burn the leftover - should I always just do a quick q-tip when I finish the first hit or can I just add the second hit? I got a bit of brown residue i cant qtip out from doing this already I would guess a longer alcohol soak should get it out?

Kins

Got my replacement bangers yesterday and nice to get my rio back in action and used some rosin/shatters/crumble that id been using on a peak for the last 2 weeks. The taste difference is really impressive - the quartz banger has a much cleaner 'bigger taste' and combines the visual of being able to see the melt and boil while you directly control the heat.

How do you guys add a second hit to a banger and not burn the leftover - should I always just do a quick q-tip when I finish the first hit or can I just add the second hit? I got a bit of brown residue i cant qtip out from doing this already I would guess a longer alcohol soak should get it out?

I always use a dry q-tip when the banger is still hot to soak up excess wasted product. Most times the dry q-tip is good, but if not I follow up with a qtip dipped in iso 95.5 percent.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
I always use a dry q-tip when the banger is still hot to soak up excess wasted product. Most times the dry q-tip is good, but if not I follow up with a qtip dipped in iso 95.5 percent.

so you never just add more to a hit that’s done and do a clean before starting a second hit then

Ratatat,

Kins

so you never just add more to a hit that’s done and do a clean before starting a second hit then

Well I have tried that and made just more of a mess. Then again I have not been dabbing that long. Someone else may be able to answer you better.

Kins,
Reactions: Ratatat

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Well I have tried that and made just more of a mess. Then again I have not been dabbing that long. Someone else may be able to answer you better.

thanks for input i just had the same result - maybe the better thing to do would be add more to your dab before the reheat rather than after the reheat

PuffItUp

Retailer
In my experience with the RIO adding more wax to it and reheating results in a worse taste. Cleaning it with a qtip takes only a hot second and allows for much better flavor retention, plus the banger lasts a little longer before it gets burnt up. I never used to qtip my rigs, but man oh man is it a better experience

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
IMO adding a seconds is less desirable than simply starting with the right amount. It also eliminates all the flavors you would experience in a cold start. I’d prefer to qtip, wait a minute, and run again versus adding more as I go.

Seconds, as you so easily discovered, is much more prone to overheat and even burn your dabs, hot dabs suck... so does chazd quartz.

I picked up a second RiO this week, a Makeover version and a price I could not refuse so I went ahead and put some of the savings towards a new Stashe round bottom. In Teal and these colors POP! And I must say the spacing between the bottom and the torch is greatly improved on the Makeover, from the close proximity of the v1.

I also ordered a case of Vector off Amazon, as all my local shops seem to carry crappy butane. I do believe my lighters and torches tend to have longer lives and keep sharper flames when using this butane exclusively.

Last edited:

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
IMO adding a seconds is less desirable than simply starting with the right amount. It also eliminates all the flavors you would experience in a cold start. I’d prefer to qtip, wait a minute, and run again versus adding more as I go.

Seconds, as you so easily discovered, is much more prone to overheat and even burn your dabs, hot dabs suck... so does chazd quartz.

yea it burned a bit right at the opposite side of the quartz 'pillar' from where i tried adding more nothing major tho at least - the rio is fast enough that its kind of dumb to look for shortcuts in a session

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
FUCK this round bottom is the SHIT!!!
LOVE IT!

No more fidgety cleaning trying to get a qtip around the core. Pure ease, pure bliss.
I am loving that all the material pools back down into the bottom for additional reheats, function is so on point.

I admit my glass is not quite as straight on the mouthpiece as my v1, but everything about the function is better. I prefer the showerhead and the distance to flame is improved on the Makeover. Also ALL my 710 quartz fits perfectly centered over the flame, and there is even plenty of room for the deep dish offerings.

Cold starts are really the only way I wish to consume Lives anymore.

Top Bottom