• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
This is gonna take awhile to show up I ordered last Friday it still hasn’t even shipped then it has to get all the way up here in Canada. Should be checking back in sometime in November hehe

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
This is gonna take awhile to show up I ordered last Friday it still hasn’t even shipped then it has to get all the way up here in Canada. Should be checking back in sometime in November hehe

oooooo its in Canada now NAFTA works - the system works

Ratatat,
Reactions: kushkush

biohacker

This has finally actually caught my eye now that I see there are nice quartz flat bottom offerings that can be used with inserts.

Has anyone tried the flat bottom quartz with a gemstone insert? Or know the thickness of the sidewalls? Any ballers grab the Long Island?

Just wondering if it's pointless since the torch isn't a Big Shot? Or if there is too much diffusion in the perk?

biohacker,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You know I am a LONGTIME fan and had mine since the first release of 500 units.

I personally no not use inserts on anything, but don't let that dissuade you. RiO has been compatible with all of my bangers and they all line up relatively well above the torch. The only exception has been my deep dish 710 bangers, as they sit just too low and against the torch. Most all other flat bottom bangers in your house will work just fine. I also did not grab the Long Island, but it is tempting.

The torch is definitely no Big Shot, but plenty powerful for its purpose. Had mine since early 2019 and it is just as sharp as day one and the igniter has never failed me on the first click. Diffusion is minimal with the v1 inline perc. I have not yet tried the v2 showerhead, but I imagine it is slightly more diffusion. The small volume of the RiO really helps flavor chasers though.

I would love to hear your more experienced perspective if you decide to jump on one! IMO the price is too good to turn down for a travel rig. Mine goes everywhere, most recently fly fishing!

biohacker

OMG are you serious!?? I had no idea other bangers would even fit! haha! So my 25mm 710coils (non deep dish) will work?!

this is even easier than I thought! Where is the best place to snag one of these bad boys? Cream City Vapes?

After discovering gemstone insert cold starts recently I can't see anything being a better option! Stoked!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
To confirm, my 25mm 710 non-deep dish with opaque bottom and 14mm joint fits well in my RiO.

It sits a hair lower than the stock setup, flame on with no problem.

You may also want to check with Randy to see if he may have extra not listed on the site, he was carrying them at PIU last time I checked.

@biohacker what is your current tech? What are you using head to toe? Can you post link to the gemstone inserts you are using?

biohacker

@biohacker what is your current tech? What are you using head to toe? Can you post link to the gemstone inserts you are using?

Presently using a 25mm 710coils clear quartz 14/90 on a Toro clone rig (slitted perk) with 19mm Baio.Tang ruby/ quartz pi cap and blazer torch, cold start exclusively. There isn't a link for the ruby but you can order from him on IG for $40+couple bucks shipping and it arrived in Canada in 10 days door to door. The ruby itself is heavier/thicker than most on the market going for even double the cost.

With that said, I also have a 24mm ruby that I want to stick in a 30mm banger, but not sure if the Rio would be able to support it, being larger, and perhaps the torch might be too anemic for it? Not like I care since the 25mm is much more practical for portability anyways and more than sufficient/ample surface area.

Do you have any connections with the CEO? Might be a really cool idea to drop...... a Blazer Big Shot "version" of the Rio! The Big Boy Rio with the Big Boy 30mm Bucket! haha

Here is my homemade Rio!

Last edited:

OyVape

This has finally actually caught my eye now that I see there are nice quartz flat bottom offerings that can be used with inserts.

Has anyone tried the flat bottom quartz with a gemstone insert? Or know the thickness of the sidewalls? Any ballers grab the Long Island?

Just wondering if it's pointless since the torch isn't a Big Shot? Or if there is too much diffusion in the perk?

I tried using my ruby insert and flat bottom quartz banger from my 710coils rig, but after 25 seconds nothing was melting, so I don't use it with the Rio. The bottom was too thick and also took way too much butane to heat up even without the insert.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Think I give up on a rio cream city vapes just took nearly a full month to mail me a mighty. Now I have to pay to return it lols

Ratatat,

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Think I give up on a rio cream city vapes just took nearly a full month to mail me a mighty. Now I have to pay to return it lols

meh scratch that Cream City came thru with a very fast re-ship of my RIO which just showed up this morning - wow 2 day international delivery

I just got my RIO unwrapped and its gorgeous ill have to take a few pics - now I wish i didnt have to go back to work today have to wait to try this out until after

been a good week for vape mail Milaana 3 and my RIO plus all my glass stems and accessories I ordered all showed up before the holiday

BuzzDanklin

I have had my RiO's (originally had an OG and then semi recently got their updated one) for around half a year now and its become my most used concentrate device, especially if I am away from home. I posted up my full rio review here

Are you guys mostly using your RiO at home or on the go?

The-RIO-Portable-Dab-Rig-2nd-Gen-vs-1st-Gen-Frosted-Glass.jpg

OG on the Right, Updated RiO on the Left

d6088dc1752e4c4e280e9fef8618e974b8c63e09.jpg

RiO thriving on the go.

delicatebunting

The torch is definitely no Big Shot, but plenty powerful for its purpose. Had mine since early 2019 and it is just as sharp as day one and the igniter has never failed me on the first click.

I've had my Rio for ~6 months and the torch now usually requires multiple, successive clicks to ignite.

Is there a fix or just a livable inconvenience?

Also had no idea that Rio means Rig-in-One, assumed it meant river.

delicatebunting,
Reactions: Shrike

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I love using mine at home, but it is mostly kept clean and used as a portable. I fucking HATE atomizers and RiO is a no-compromise portable that gives nothing up from a traditional rig. It is for road trips, flying, festivals, business, and fun.

I got mine during the first sale of 500 units, and have been really wanting a second MakeOver unit. Do you still use your v1 inline at all now that you have the MakeOver unit? I was going to get it this last holiday, but broke some glass and had to divert funds...

Kins

I tried getting a bunch of crumbs and pouring them in my rio banger. Then I figured I check some bottles to see if I can scrape the last bits. So I took my glass shovel dab tool and scraped. I figured I would take the dab differently like you to on a regular rig. So I heated it up a bit and they crumbs instantly vaporized, so I took a few hits. Then I held the shovel on the banger and turned it on. Figured I'd move the dab tool around a bit so it doesn't burn in one place. Well as soon as I went to move the shovel the banger came with it and somehow the side of my thumb of the opposite side got burned. It's not bad at all but I just remember pulling my hand away real quick. I ended up burning the rest of the dab in the commotion. I took enough hits to get a good buzz though!

shopdognyc

I tried getting a bunch of crumbs and pouring them in my rio banger. Then I figured I check some bottles to see if I can scrape the last bits. So I took my glass shovel dab tool and scraped. I figured I would take the dab differently like you to on a regular rig. So I heated it up a bit and they crumbs instantly vaporized, so I took a few hits. Then I held the shovel on the banger and turned it on. Figured I'd move the dab tool around a bit so it doesn't burn in one place. Well as soon as I went to move the shovel the banger came with it and somehow the side of my thumb of the opposite side got burned. It's not bad at all but I just remember pulling my hand away real quick. I ended up burning the rest of the dab in the commotion. I took enough hits to get a good buzz though!
hope you feel better man

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Yikes!

I find that even if the material is not centered above the flame, it matters not. Just let the quartz soak in the heat, no need to move the torch. I also don't fuck with moving the cap around until my flame is off... gets hot.

Top Bottom