• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Ok then I guess it was the heat that killed the taste. Try to inhale as soon as the oil start to boil and close the torch. If the load is not hot enough you can always reheat for a couple seconds. Try it for a couple of days and you will find what's the timing for your resin. This vape require all your attention or you will over heat easily, I did this all the time when I started.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
I just got a Hybrid about a month ago and honestly Ive never even thought of doing shatter or concentrates etc in it once ever never never and I would vape almost anything with that machine. In any review I’ve seen with it the dab looks so airy that it’s like a waste of concentrates

I’m going to try on the weekend just to finally test but I’m not expecting much.

Ratatat,

Kins

I just got a Hybrid about a month ago and honestly Ive never even thought of doing shatter or concentrates etc in it once ever never never and I would vape almost anything with that machine. In any review I’ve seen with it the dab looks so airy that it’s like a waste of concentrates

I’m going to try on the weekend just to finally test but I’m not expecting much.

Shatter works well also. Plus the vapor lasts forever, definitely not a waste.

Kins,
Reactions: kushkush

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Shatter works well also. Plus the vapor lasts forever, definitely not a waste.

I’m gonna try for sure thanks but keep going on the rio it should destroy the hybrid for concentrates easily I’m just waiting for the restock for more colours

Ratatat,

Kins

I still haven't tried it with a bong and a regular banger/nail and torch. Already have bangers just need a torch, but I'm gonna stick with Rio for now and get a switch when I have the money. With flower my crafty+ I think is much better for flavor than the volcano hybrid.

Kins,

Kins

Ok then I guess it was the heat that killed the taste. Try to inhale as soon as the oil start to boil and close the torch. If the load is not hot enough you can always reheat for a couple seconds. Try it for a couple of days and you will find what's the timing for your resin. This vape require all your attention or you will over heat easily, I did this all the time when I started.

Ok I just tried it again. I just heated till I saw it bubble, put on carb cap first though, then heat till bubbles and inhale. Worked good the first two hits, the second , third and fifth were all burnt though. Once again I am super medicated from this thing. I need to be able to control the dose better somehow. Lower temp usually doesn't hit as hard so again the problem comes down to temp.

Kins,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ok I just tried it again. I just heated till I saw it bubble, put on carb cap first though, then heat till bubbles and inhale. Worked good the first two hits, the second , third and fifth were all burnt though. Once again I am super medicated from this thing. I need to be able to control the dose better somehow. Lower temp usually doesn't hit as hard so again the problem comes down to temp.

You have to turn the torch off after you cap it!

The Chemist

I always take only two hits. The first one right after it start to boil and the second I reheat just a couple of seconds. If I do more the vapor is not enjoyable at all, it kills my throat. I don't know how many times you can reheat your concentrate before the vapor becomes too much to handle, but in my case I have lungs that were beat up by cigarettes for 25 years so I try to not push too hard when my body tells me to stop. I try not to put too much concentrate because I know I only have so much I can take in two hits, but rest assured that I feel medicated to the max every times.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Also, I read above people putting their concentrate on the core.... IMO that is no bueno.

It takes longer to heat/melt and by the time it does, it goes into the bottom of the dish where it is now already too hot. Put the material at the bottom for best low temp results.

The Chemist

Also, I read above people putting their concentrate on the core.... IMO that is no bueno.

It takes longer to heat/melt and by the time it does, it goes into the bottom of the dish where it is now already too hot. Put the material at the bottom for best low temp results.
That's very true. Also the heat will take more time to reach the concentrate, so if you count the seconds to know when to close the torch you will end up with a concentrate that will take longer to melt and by the time the oil pools at the bottom, the banger has lost too much heat and not a lot of vapor will be produced. That's what I did in the beginning, I would count about 12 seconds before I closed the torch but the concentrate would take a little bit more time to melt and I never had a good hit if I put it on the puck. Now I put it all on the bottom and if some of it gets on the puck it will just melt later than the rest for a nice encore.

The Chemist,

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
for you guys who love the rio how would you compare the hit to an e-nail with a quality banger?

how does Rio compare to 710 or T-Bucket , Schenzen Crossing axial coil etcetc type stuff

Ratatat,

Kins

Hey just did another two dabs with the Rio. I think I'm actually getting better at this, because I got some nice fruit flavors from live resisn that I was using. I didn't turn it up this time, except to heat it before cleaning the banger with iso-snaps. It's getting easier to use. It's certainly easier than the current e-rigs I have. I'm pretty sure that I turned up the butane this time higher and did a bit shorter dab.

Last edited:

dmvision54

Ok, So this one is a little different. As my friends here know I have switched my methods of medicating over the years from vaping flower to dabbing, now I only use concentrates daily and flower on occasions my VAS has switched to dab rigs, enails, erigs, and portable concentrate pens.

Lately, things have been heating up in this area. While I am very happy with my home Enail setup with Ligers and assorted inserts, I always brought my torch and a dab rig with me when I went out. Fast forward and I now use the Puffco Peak and the Dr. Dabber Switch for my outside of the house dabs. While great, they aren't perfect and more and more people are coming up with solutions.

So my friend at Stache Products has made some pretty innovative pens in the past and his new product looks like a must have for me! It's the RIO dab rig. I like cold start, up-temp dabs and that is this things specialty! Full disclosure I don't have this device yet, Hopefully, I will get one in February when they are released. The release date is Feb. 20th.

So this one is a custom dab rig with a built-in torch and a standard banger so we could use any of our current inserts and carb caps! Plus like the Peak it looks like it will be great to throw a dab into cold and start low and slow. Only butane to replace with this one, no broken atomizers. I'm sure the Piezo igniter or torch could need replacing, but most of mine last years. I can also see glassmakers creating custom glass for this and the different body color possibilities could make for an awesome custom portable rig!

I'll keep you posted when/if I get one.

l6vk5JU.jpg

Here is a video or 2, but they go a little hotter and longer on the throttle than I would.

http://instagr.am/p/BsWzzD8BpMq/
http://instagr.am/p/Bs6C9tlhPau/

vZvPcED.jpg
Did you switch from flower to dabs because it's better for your health? I am 66 and am just taking interest in CBD market and stuff to use it.

dmvision54,

Kins

Kins,

LesPlenty

Company Rep

kushkush

happy camper....

kushkush

happy camper....

Do you know whether you would order the 45 or 90 (angle?) for the 14mm male banger?

kushkush,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom