Rio Portable Dab Rig by Stache Products

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Dabnation has to have great sales because they are low down pricks! (they cut Randals lunch by getting his Chinese manufacturer of the Carta to sell directly to them instead of through him) I would stick to more respectable merchants like PUFFITUP, POTV or Vgoodiez if possible.:2c:

started@52

Dabnation has to have great sales because they are low down pricks! (they cut Randals lunch by getting his Chinese manufacturer of the Carta to sell directly to them instead of through him) I would stick to more respectable merchants like PUFFITUP, POTV or Vgoodiez if possible.:2c:
Wonder if they are helping themselves to Rio’s too, $110 is dealer cost.

VAPEHUNTER

I got in on the Dabnation $110 deal on the Rio. I received it Thursday and first thing I noticed is the bubblers 14mm female hole is more oval than round. The banger wiggles and air comes in from the sides.
I contacted Dabnation but have not heard back.

VAPEHUNTER,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Chingas

got my teal from stache the other day. on my first dab i used my unclean gordo riptide cap. When i pulled it off to clear the hit it stuck to the banger and pulled it out of the waterpipe and the banger hit the floor. Nooooo! It survived the fall onto the hard floor. I was impressed and then i cleaned my carb cap.

This thing is fun! Not as cheap as the dabnation deal but I did get all 3 of the newest bangers plus the Skruit cartridge mod, piece water and dab cap. Loving this thing. Can't wait for my TetraX and Piro to get here from Switzerland so i can try the Piro @ohmygodimsohigh style.

2 ?'s. 1) how the hell do i remove the torch from the base? It is stuck as fuck. 2) Do i need a special nozzle or something for filling? I have Vector 14 with the metal tip and a couple near empty Xicar cans that all spray shit everywhere. Crazy waste.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You should be able to slide the torch out just pull from the head side.
I've never had issues filling nor needed adapters.

Sounds like you scored an awesome setup!
What are the 3 different bangers? Can you post pics or links?
Also, what is the Skruit cartridge?

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Whisper

DVision44

got my teal from stache the other day. on my first dab i used my unclean gordo riptide cap. When i pulled it off to clear the hit it stuck to the banger and pulled it out of the waterpipe and the banger hit the floor. Nooooo! It survived the fall onto the hard floor. I was impressed and then i cleaned my carb cap.

This thing is fun! Not as cheap as the dabnation deal but I did get all 3 of the newest bangers plus the Skruit cartridge mod, piece water and dab cap. Loving this thing. Can't wait for my TetraX and Piro to get here from Switzerland so i can try the Piro @ohmygodimsohigh style.

2 ?'s. 1) how the hell do i remove the torch from the base? It is stuck as fuck. 2) Do i need a special nozzle or something for filling? I have Vector 14 with the metal tip and a couple near empty Xicar cans that all spray shit everywhere. Crazy waste.
I bought the round bottom bangar and love it! So easy to clean compared to the original. I already had a vortex carb cap (not as nice as your riptide) and had sic pearls from my dnail halo. I received a free black Skruit mod along with my order. Nice battery design although I don't really have the need for one at the moment.

The torch should easily slide from the base and the nozzle is standard.

Last edited:

MakeVio

I got in on the Dabnation $110 deal on the Rio. I received it Thursday and first thing I noticed is the bubblers 14mm female hole is more oval than round. The banger wiggles and air comes in from the sides.
I contacted Dabnation but have not heard back.

• Mine literally came in an hour ago... I don't know much about the fine details, but the torch flame control knob is very loose/finicky. If I don't do it JUST FUCKING RIGHT, the flame will start dying super quick. As if I am pushing the flame control knob inwards. And the quartz banger is tilted slighter into the torch. Not sure if that's by design or not though.
Feel as though I got a bit scammed... Should of known better I guess. My only question is how should I move forward? Attempt to contact dabnation with probably little success? Do I attempt to maybe buy a replacement torch/the new upgraded banger? But what if the square glass fitting is what's the problem? Just so many variables here and not really sure what to do going forward.

Maybe I will ultimately just contact my bank and see what they think as well.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Kinda jumping off the end eh? Contacting your bank?

Have you even brought your concerns to the retailer (or to Stashe directly) to give them an opportunity to respond or correct if there is an issue? You have had your piece an hour and it seems you are ready to roast them before they have been given an opportunity to address your concerns. Seems harsh, perhaps you give them a chance...

You feel scammed? Simply don't use it and return it. No one ran off with your money... Stashe stands behind their product.

MakeVio

Kinda jumping off the end eh? Contacting your bank?

Have you even brought your concerns to the retailer (or to Stashe directly) to give them an opportunity to respond or correct if there is an issue? You have had your piece an hour and it seems you are ready to roast them before they have been given an opportunity to address your concerns. Seems harsh, perhaps you give them a chance...

You feel scammed? Simply don't use it and return it. No one ran off with your money... Stashe stands behind their product.

I agree I may be over reacting a bit, however with how previously I was invested in the carta, and knowing this is the same company that 'took over' it, it already seemed like a 'too good to be true' sort of deal. I did send them an email after this pointing out my issues, and asking them what their process is like for my case. I will see how that goes! I will also try reaching out to stache directly as you mentioned to see what their thoughts are

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So is Dabnation an official Stache retailer? I am guessing @MakeVio is thinking he got a type knockoff, not quite the real deal because of Dabnations track record of stiffing original inventors and maybe do not have the same QC.:hmm:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: btka

MakeVio

@MakeVio your buyer's remorse soothes my fomo. I held off on that deal and am happy for any reason not to regret it.

Haha, well glad my possible scam is able to deter other people from being potentially screwed over! I am going to facetime with Rio today and they will tell me their thoughts. Will keep you guys updated for sure.

So is Dabnation an official Stache retailer? I am guessing @MakeVio is thinking he got a type knockoff, not quite the real deal because of Dabnations track record of stiffing original inventors and maybe do not have the same QC.:hmm:

Yeah, I really shouldn't have gone through dabnation just for the surface level information I gathered from the carta fiasco. And I even tried to do a quick search for Dabnation being legit or scam or shady, and didn't come up with anything significant so I decided to take the plunge for 50% off. Gonna be on facetime with a rio support employee here soon, so we will get to the bottom of it!

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
https://imgur.com/a/9FKegym The two images I have of the tilted banger.

That looks like it might effect performance for sure.

It also seems within what is IMO, reasonable variance for cheap glass. I wouldn't accept that if it was an expensive piece or even something like a Mobius, and if it was an in person sale I certainly wouldn't have accepted that particular unit......but in any case I certainly wouldn't feel "scammed" in the least and I bet you'll get it swapped out.

MakeVio

That looks like it might effect performance for sure.

It also seems within what is IMO, reasonable variance for cheap glass. I wouldn't accept that if it was an expensive piece or even something like a Mobius, and if it was an in person sale I certainly wouldn't have accepted that particular unit......but in any case I certainly wouldn't feel "scammed" in the least and I bet you'll get it swapped out.

I just got off instagram call with I believe the Founder of Stache. Very nice guy, very helpful. He mentioned he thinks the banger might be a little too close to the flame for his liking, he attributed to not every glass banger will be exactly the same, which makes sense. The flame control knob seemed to be more of a user error on my part. As I was simply just not turning the knob far enough(Although it seems like it still has a huge flame when opened properly, where as most videos I watch it's a pretty narrow small controlled flame), so I think that's alright. He mentioned he didn't exactly like the idea of Dabnation doing a 50 percent off, but mentioned they are still reputable. He also offered to send me one of the newer glass bangers, one that doesn't have the 'square knot' in it. Which was very kind and generous of him.

All in all, I definitely over reacted. With the carta drama, I was already really cautious, so when I received something that wasn't exactly like what I've seen in person and in videos, I was taken aback.
Thanks again to StacheProducts for hoping on instagram with me quickly, and willing to talk me through the unit.

started@52

They are all off a little and it really doesn’t matter. You can adjust the angle and height of the banger by manipulating the bubbler higher in the base or even angling the bubbler a little. I no longer bother as I get excellent results with both these bangers at very different spacing above the torch.
9-B70589-B-CF58-450-D-9-B17-DF0-AE6750-C9-D.jpg
B94-E08-FC-0214-41-BD-A841-71-F8995-D5-BAC.jpg

CHIDOY

I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I also jumped on the DabNation 50% off deal on BF. After a little bit of buyers remorse (reading the thread) while waiting, I received it yesterday (Monday 12/10).

After carfeul inspection, everything looked on the up and up with my Rio. Everything fits nicely, looks of good quality and with none of the issues @MakeVio had. It even included the new flat bottom banger with core (not the L shaped, v1 original banger).

Everything performed flawlessly for me and I got a perfect dab on the first try. Such tasty and satisfying hits. So easy to use. Really love the Rio thus-far. I love it even more at 50% off.

I cant speak on the whole Carta situation but my personal experience with DabNation and the Rio has been great.

With that said, GET YOURSELF A RIO!!!

MakeVio

I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I also jumped on the DabNation 50% off deal on BF. After a little bit of buyers remorse (reading the thread) while waiting, I received it yesterday (Monday 12/10).

After carfeul inspection, everything looked on the up and up with my Rio. Everything fits nicely, looks of good quality and with none of the issues @MakeVio had. It even included the new flat bottom banger with core (not the L shaped, v1 original banger).

Everything performed flawlessly for me and I got a perfect dab on the first try. Such tasty and satisfying hits. So easy to use. Really love the Rio thus-far. I love it even more at 50% off.

I cant speak on the whole Carta situation but my personal experience with DabNation and the Rio has been great.

With that said, GET YOURSELF A RIO!!!

Grats on the new piece man! I agree, flavor is fantastic for sure, although I think I may be loading too much right now haha, because re heats start to go down in flavor quick.

Here is a video on how my torch works. Over a full turn and this still happens, however anymore than that I feel like it's blasting the banger too much? Raised the bubbler to give the banger more clearance as well!

https://imgur.com/a/nRMsHxh

MonkeyTime

Grats on the new piece man! I agree, flavor is fantastic for sure, although I think I may be loading too much right now haha, because re heats start to go down in flavor quick.

Here is a video on how my torch works. Over a full turn and this still happens, however anymore than that I feel like it's blasting the banger too much? Raised the bubbler to give the banger more clearance as well!

https://imgur.com/a/nRMsHxh
I'm no torch expert, but that looks like it needs to be purged, filled or both.

MakeVio

I'm no torch expert, but that looks like it needs to be purged, filled or both.

I thought that too, at first when I got it I used a screw driver to make sure the tank was completely empty before filling. Then after I made my 'rage post' last night, I emptied it again completely, let it hit room temp, and keep emptying until nothing. Then I filled it back up with my Newport bottle of butane(same I use for my Bigshot 8000), and problem persists :(

Top Bottom