• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Retailer Discussion & Discounts

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If you are in the US, a purchase from a Canadian mail order with US dollars may get you as much as a 23% off due to the exchange rate (today: 1 CAD = 0.767900 USD)

wolfJflywheel

Thanks for the tip macbill! Yeah, the herbie I was trying to pick up a while back was only $620 as a result of the exchange rate, but my bank wouldn't authorize it because I guess Canada is pretty sketchy. :lol: I was going to call them and ok it, but then I figured it's only a matter of time until halogen vape tech gets cheaper, so I figured I'd go with something tried and true and sure to last while I wait on an herbie 2.0. I'll keep the exchange rate tip in mind when I'm back in the market for an herbie, but for now I think I have a reasonable deal on a volcano.

wolfJflywheel,

staggerlee75

Has anyone had any dealings with greenvapes.co.uk? I bought a pinnacle pro off them back in April this year and it worked absolutely fine for about 10 weeks until the heating element went on the blink and it stopped working - it still took a charge but just didn't heat up rendering the vape completely unusable. I contacted Marc at greenvapes to make a claim under the warranty and basically I've been fobbed off something awful with him saying that I need to take it up with the manufacturer and not him. Now in the UK this is complete bollocks as under the sales of goods act it states that the issue lies with the guy selling me the item and not the manufacturer. It's like if I went into a store and bought a new Sony tv which then stopped working - I take that tv back to the store I bought it from and they then replace or refund my money - I don't send it back to Sony and expect them to repair/replace/refund. If anyone here is thinking of buying something from greenvapes.co.uk I would highly advise against it and if you do, pray that nothing goes wrong as you'll get no help whatsoever from them.

TeeJay1952

Stateside usually the store has a replace or refund policy that is from point of purchase and then you have 3 days to cancel order. After that you are on manufacturer's warranty. The first 30 days store will assist you in your dealings with manufacturer but ultimately store is 3rd party and not responsible beyond that. Many stores in an attempt to curry good service reputation go beyond that but it is their choice.
Have you contacted Pinnacle Pro? http://thevaporblunt.corecommerce.com/Pinnacle1/
Sorry you are having these troubles. Hope you reach successful resolution.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@staggerlee75 I do know that the pinnacle pro only has a 90 day warranty on the battery, if that is what it is. Try to contact vaporblunt because it looks like that is your only alternative. Good luck with that. I really encourage you to find a better quality of a vaporizer. Don't give up on vaporizing, hang in there.

Don't let that particular vaporizer sour you on fucking combustion. If you are looking for a better made vaporizer, check out the Arizer Air or the Solo. Read through some of the other portables.

Welcome to fuckcombustion.

Last edited:

staggerlee75

Cheers for the info TeeJay, I contacted VaporBluint myself and they got back to me within half a day with all the info I need to send it back and claim under warranty so hopefully it'll get sorted soon enough.

The problem with it, CarolKing, wasn't the battery - it would charge fine but wouldn't heat up when I switched it on, guess it was something to do with the heating element. I hear you about the better quality vape though, really wish I done more research into the Pinnacle before I bought it as I've saw that it seems to be a fairly common problem with them breaking down. We live and learn though and I'll be getting a new one soon.

Thanks for the welcome :)

TeeJay1952

You don't have first TV or car or refrigerator and so forth. It is that way with vapes. You don't know what you don't know till you know it.

thegoo

Hey Everybody,
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right thread but I just got an email from massdrop stating that they were DROPPING the vaping category from their website.
All current drops will end Friday indefinitely.
So if there are any units you have been waiting to buy, now is the time.
Thanks for listening
- GOO

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
I was surprised to see that "Everyone Does It" is a sponsor here at FC.
They seem like rip-off artists with terrible reviews (wish I'd have looked before I leaped).
I'm curious if others here have had dealings with them - good or bad?
Is there any chance of getting satisfaction from them or your money back?

This is an update (in fairness to "Everyonedoesit"):
They sent me a notice today that they refunded me.
I checked with my CC company and they said they had received nothing to date, but that I should check again tomorrow.
I shall and if "Everyonedoesit" plays ball I will let you know.

Last edited:
Cuthbert J Twillie,

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I was surprised to see that "Everyone Does It" is a sponsor here at FC.
They seem like rip-off artists with terrible reviews (wish I'd have looked before I leaped).
I'm curious if others here have had dealings with them - good or bad?
Is there any chance of getting satisfaction from them or your money back?
Hmmm?

All our Sponsors our here...
http://fuckcombustion.com/sponsors/

Have you tried to Contact them?

Last edited:
Hashtag46&2,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

drgreen

ive used them for smoking accessories bongs and everything for nearly 15 years now, never had a problem with them and there always fast to help when i need it :)
but never stops shit happing sometimes people are people and people have had ass days

can i ask what has happened?

drgreen,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Hmmm?

All our Sponsors our here...
http://fuckcombustion.com/sponsors/
Yes, they are a sponsor, lowest one, right hand side (on my display).

Yes they are a sponsor -last one in right hand column (on my display).
Have you tried to Contact them?

Yes I've tried to contact them and also after the fact went to "Trustpilot".
The "Trustpilot reviews would stop any logical person, about 5-1 negative reviews.
I have contacted them but they are dodgey rascals.
No response to date.
See below for more details (if you're curious).

Am I missing something???

Why are they rip off artists???

They received my $ in the first week of January 2016. On the 15th they informed me my Pkg was in Chicago. Chicago is about 150 miles from me.
It had been sent from the U.K., contrary to their ad which stated it would be shipped from within America. I literally could have walked to Chicago and back by now.

They have a little caveat that they think absolves them from all responsibility which is they direct you to the shipping agency with all "shipping" problems.
Bullsh*t!

Do not order from this company - crooks.
I suspect the positive responses on "Trustpilot" were sent by the company themselves.
Trust the bad reviews, they're for real.
I gave them one star because ripping people off is an unacceptable experience.
Notice they don't use Paypal there is a reason for that, they're not trustworthy.

Yes they are a sponsor -last one in right hand column (on my display).

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I had heard shady things about them in passing but I have no experience so I can't comment in regards to that; but I will say that I have read a handful of positive reports and experiences regarding EDI, maybe a correlation but those reports and experiences seem to be from non-US citizens (Europe or Aus)

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
Yes I've tried to contact them and also after the fact went to "Trustpilot".
The "Trustpilot reviews would stop any logical person, about 5-1 negative reviews.
I have contacted them but they are dodgey rascals.
No response to date.
See below for more details (if you're curious).
I'm sorry this happened to you man,

I don't even like waiting a damn week, let alone never receiving my purchase after the company has already taken my cash.

Did ya happen to use a Credit Card?
You can call and dispute the charges with most all CC providers.

Good luck, and again sorry to hear this.

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Hell,
Right (about E/U and Aus) because what I think may be happening is their Pkg. is having a hard time in customs - in Chicago - but they mislead you about this problem by saying they'll ship from the U.S. and compound it by essentially saying once we drop it in the mail you're on your own.

However if you read closely you'll find even U.K. (their base) customers have received the old rusty trombone.

I'm basically out 85 bucks which is bad for me (retired on a fixed income), but might be a lot worse for younger people (with tighter budgets) trying to get their "glass on"

Hash,
Thanks for the condolences.
Thing is I've already been burned, I'm trying to help the next guy . . .
and to an extent financially punch them back.

C'est la vie

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuthbert J Twillie,
Reactions: Hashtag46&2

djonkoman

I remember I ordered from them once, I just don't remember what I ordered. guess it was some small stuff, maybe it was my grinder or so?

anyway, I don't remember anything bad about them, went basically like any regular webshop-purchase, nothing (positive or negative) that stood out so much that I still remember it. I think I did get a free packet of rolling papers though(but maybe that was from another webshop, but I'm pretty sure that packet of rolling papers came from the UK, and I can't remember another webshop in the UK where I ever ordered something).

now I think about it, I think the reason I ordered from them was because of their low shipping prices. I live in the netherlands, so ordering from US is risky(anything above ~25 euros has a chance of high custom charges(15 euros servicecharge+19% VAT), unless I can convince the seller to fill in a lower value on the customs form). but the UK is part of the EU so no additional costs, and most webshops within the netherlands charge 6-7 euros for shipping(the standard cost for packages of our national mail company), so it's often cheapest for me to order from the UK or germany, since the shipping costs are usually lower than 6-7 euros if I go international.

Last edited:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@Cuthbert J Twillie I can understand your frustration, but to call this company rip off artists and crooks is over the line. They received your money and shipped your package. And you've said the problem is likely a hold up in Customs. While this should have been disclosed, it does not make them rip off artists.

We have a rule here:

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated

Please let us know when this has been resolved; one way or another. But more bashing will not be allowed.

momofthegoons,

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
djonkoman,
I think you're on track with the customs idea, and I think they may simply throw U.S. customers to the wolves - i.e. once they've sent it/put it in the mail it's on the customer, in retrospect I should have read into that statement.

Cuthbert J Twillie,

Cuthbert J Twillie

Senior High
Update on my dealings with "Everyonedoesit":

I was able to contact an Everyonedoesit (EDI) Rep last night and I got a few insights and though I've been told I'll be refunded, the $$ have not shown up . . . yet (because of banking practices I'll give EDI a pass on this for the moment - I'm leaving for NOLA tomorrow, hopefully my $$ will be in the bank when I get home).

This is the gist of the problem in dealing with EDI (IMO):
They are not honest about the fact that your pkg may be coming from the U.K. (which means customs becomes involved).
In fact their ad states your U.S. ordered Pkg will be shipped from their U.S. warehouse (hence no Customs hassle).
What the rep confirmed last night is that statement is only true if they have your item in their U.S. warehouse. In other words (which they don't say in their ads) there is a good chance your Pkg will come from out of the U.S. and will in all likelihood fall into the black-hole that is Customs, where additional costs could be tacked on if Customs deems it.

While the Rep did not come out and say it, he tacitly admitted my Pkg was sitting somewhere at O'hare in customs and I had little chance of receiving it, during this lifetime.

I told him that I thought hiding the fact that their shipped products may be caught up in Customs was a deceptive practice, he concurred with this and said he had spoken to higher ups, lamenting the practice to them.

If you're willing to gamble that your PKG won't get hung up in customs buy from these guys.
On the other hand a prudent shopper might scratch their head regarding the honesty of the company because they are less than transparent about the delivery/or not of your Pkg. Furthermore to place this caveat on their site (essentially): Once it's in the shippers hands they view themselves as out of the transaction, it's now between you and the shippers, think about the implications of that for a moment.

Caveat emptor

Cuthbert J Twillie,

grokit

well-worn member
I had a pretty negative experience with everyonedoesit a few years ago, I only got satisfaction once I pointed out that they couldn't have mailed me a 14" glass bong in an envelope. I'm sure I posted about it back then, but I'm not sure if it was in this thread. Granted it could have been a bad egg filling the order, but I can't recommend them either because of the way their cs reflexively tried to squirm out of it.

grokit,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Dj Bass

Hmm, maybe slide right would work for you @Tweak

BCVapor had one on sale for 179 free shipping, and they still haven't gotten rid of their FALL10 coupon code so it'll be roughly 182 after taxes. Mind you this isn't even a blemmished one. I was going to end up getting that for roughly the same price!

Check out the vapeUSA price.
http://www.vapeusa.com/collections/...fer-wand-kit-multi-use-mobile-glass-vape-blue

I have never seen it cheaper anywhere else, no coupon needed. I don't know about Canadian shipping, but I would recommend to everyone interested in getting an LSV to at least check this one out.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Top Bottom